Status
Not open for further replies.

Minerva

South of the Border, West of the Sun

A 1x1 with @Atomic Knight

Coalition Case File: Kerberos

latest

Image: Mahiru Koizumi, The Cloak

Information: Agent Koizumi was chosen for this mission due to her skill with a camera, dedication to her work, and ability to blend in.

Mission: Investigate the potential Murder Game occurring on Ash, contact Coalition allies on the planet, establish a Forward Operating Base

Mission Status: Complete Loss (Agent death, loss of allies, loss of world)

NicholasShardlow_072.jpg

In Medias Res

Mahiru woke up. Her head was pounding, her heart racing in her chest. She tried to catch her breath and clear her vision. She looked down in front of her. There was a desk. It was white, made of plastic and metal. A pool of blood had gathered under where her face had been. She was facing a large room that had a large machine over lava. Behind her was a control panel with switches and buttons, all beeping and blinking indicating the generator in the next room was going critical.

Through the window, she could see two figures, illuminated by the glow of the thermal generators and the lava. One loaded several bullets into a revolver and pointed it at a smaller figure on the ground. The smaller figure crawled back away and whimpered. “B-but Mr. DeWitt, we were friends!

The taller figure pulled back the hammer on his revolver. At this point, Mahiru screamed and bashed her free hand against the window. No luck. No one heard her scream and bang against the plexiglass. She could only helplessly watch as the events unfolded before her.

The man laughed. "Sorry, pal, it's just business." And then a bullet came out of his gun. The smaller figure keeled back and collapsed.

In the meantime, a corporate security team made their way down a stairwell, firearms in hand. They had been alerted to a disturbance in the building. They were blindsided by a group of cloaked men and women that came through a door. The men and women drew long ceremonial blades and rushed towards the team. There was chaos and a hail of gunfire, and several of the soldiers were dead. The others quickly made a hasty retreat up the stairs. However, they didn't have any time to escape.

An explosion rocked the planet of Ash. One that would have an effect on the whole multiverse for a very long time...

Mahiru Koizumi, 4 days earlier

latest

Mahiru stepped into the building’s lobby. In her hand was her camera. She looked around the room and took a picture of the entrance for her file. This needed to be documented for the record. She was a bit tired but glad to be there for her mission to occur. She carried a small tablet computer in her other hand, one with an uplink to the Coalition so she could send her mission reports.

She looked around the room. It looked like the lobby of a fancy hotel on earth, with a fountain in the middle and several seating areas.

Because there appeared to be a bit of a line, and several groups of people interacting with each other, Mahiru approached a small group of people and held up her camera. "I'm Mahiru Koizumi. Do you mind if I take a picture of you? Just so I have a record?" She said happily.

@Atomic Knight

"Not if I can take a pic first!"

A middle-aged man entered the scene, interrupting Mahiru and not-so-subtly standing in her way.

j2xdlDP.png

"This is great!" he exclaimed, pointing his camera. "Very photogenic! This'll go great on the front page; prettiest people in town! Hey, mind telling me a bit about the hotel?"

There was a sigh from behind the photographer. A young girl walked up to him, looking unimpressed. She looked to Mahiru and smiled.

vgjPc1O.jpg

"Don't mind him," she said. "The Coalition said they needed to test him out in the field, whatever that means." She gestured to a small technological device attached to her hip. "He's actually in here."

After a moment, she reached out to offer Mahiru a handshake. "Anyway, I'm Clementine. We're supposed to be helping you out here."

@Minerva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back