Four Best Friends

Luna woke up later than usual. Luckily it was due to lack of the normal screaming matches her parents did. She figured her mother must not be back yet, hopping out of bed she went to shower and changed into a tank top, ripped blue jeans converse and her favorite leather jacket. Grabbing her bag and phone she walked down the stairs scrolling through her notification and Instagram. Grabbing an apple from the fridge she sat in the empty kitchen and waited for Aya to ring her doorbell so they could go.

Diana awoke, her eyes blinking rapidly from the sunlight filtering into her room. She rolled back into bed, her eyes closed and facing the pillow. "Five more minutes.." Diana murmured to no-one in particular.

Anna woke up at 5am, finding herself on the living room sofa. Her mother must have put the stripy blanket over her and switched off the television. After a good stretch she cradled her stiff neck and reached for her phone. No calls or messages. She scrolled through the 6 contacts on her phone, and sighed. It was too early to message. What else could she do? She’d already baked a tonne this week so probably should give it a break today, especially since her mother was home.

Maybe the homework she had collected over the week? She hadn't worked out her teachers just yet and didn't want to find out what would happen if she didn't do it. She'd leave that to the rebellious kids. "English" She said decidedly, and then tiptoed upstairs.

Aya had woken up early that day to fix her rushed homework.

Once she was done, though, she freshened up, put on some natural-looking make-up and went to choose her clothes for the day. After browsing through her dresser, she decided on a comfortable short dress and leggings, some sneakers and a cropped jacket. Then she went downstairs to have breakfast. No one was around at this time except for the cats, so she made some toast with butter and marmalade and ate them watching TV. When she finished, she put everything in the dishwasher before grabbing her bag and leaving the house. She'd walk to Luna's and ring the bell when she got there.

Last edited:
Luna took the last bite of her apple when she heard the bell. Throwing the kernel in the trash she grabbed the spare keys to her house and her bag all but skipping to the door. She opened the door and stepped out smiling. "Sup' Aya? Ready to go?" Luna wrapped her arm around her friend turning them away from the door. "I'm getting us a Lyft, but the old man's sleep on the couch so I didn't want to wake him."

"Yup, very much ready!." Said Aya with a light smile on her face as Luna and her walked away from the house.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked, since they'd been on the phone with each other until late. There weren't many other things to ask. Well, no. That was a lie. She could ask about the tattoo next. Yeah, that was probably a good idea.

Luna pulled out her phone and ordered the Lyft as she spoke. "I slept alright, as good as one can in that house of mine." She closed her phone and looked up at Aya smiling, "What about you? Did you sleep well?" Luna pulled back out her phone and thought for a moment before sending Anna and Diana a good morning text. She figured if they could get this small tiff over with fast everything would be back to normal.

"Yeah, i was pretty tired." Said Aya, leaving her phone in her pocket for now.

"So!, what are you getting tattooed?“ She asked while they waited for the Lyft to arrive and collect them.

Luna shoved her phone in her pocket and smiled wide, "I'm getting a dragon on my thigh, Marcos said his friend would do it for me. And he was gonna pay him for it, to make up for not visiting as often." Luna moved from Aya and held out her covered leg, "I'm wearing shorts under this so I can show it off afterward, It's gonna be so killer."

Before Anna knew it, it was the afternoon. She wasn't one to pay attention to work, but it had proved a good escape for her. English and then Science and then History. With Diana's help yesterday she had completed everything she needed to until Wednesday. There was something about starting on a fresh new page in a fresh new book. She had been careful to keep her writing clear and uniform.

As she preparing her bag for school tomorrow, a strong pain in her stomach reminded her she hadn't eaten at all since... well since those baked goods yesterday afternoon. Did she really forget to give the girls proper food? Her stomach hurt more thinking back to yesterday. She shook her head off the thoughts, and did a quick dash to the kitchen, where her mother gave her a lecture on all the crumbs on the floor. Anna sighed, taking a fresh plate of pasta to the living room.

It made her feel warm and comforted finding a message from Luna, when she reunited with her phone. " Morning girl!" Anna responded, sending a few cute emojis.

"That's so nice of him, honestly. And yeah its gonna look great!" Said Aya with a smile on her face. She also wondered the kind of dragon it would be, hmm. European, were the ones people would usually think of. Aya herself preferred the way they were depicted in Asia.

Their Lyft arrived and they got in the car after checking it was the right license number, just in case.

"How is Marcos doing, by the way?. Like, you said he doesn't visit often... But you still talk, right?“ She asked next.

Back