Demon's Broken Promise Gathering All Members / Hangout Chat

@Lish
If Revan is demoted from his position as leader; it is not guaranteed that Lysandra would simply take up the position immediately. Especially since the removal of the rank of leader in this case is due to a trial and decision of the leaders and the people of the city in the end. Unlike with other cases of lost of leader being death and it being announced usually by the leader before their death who would become the next leader by some kind of form of proof.

With this case, if Revan loses his position...the new leader would have to be decided by the leaders however means they wish...whether it be tournament of power or test, etc. They are also allowed to simply choose the second in command of said clan to become the leader as well however in Lysandra's case, she must also prove that she can not only stand up to take the position of leader with her power but as well as knowledge of how to handle situations.

@TMITM
Yes, if Revan is demoted from his position he can leave the city and head to an abandoned city of demons to train all he wishes...however since this will be outside of Haven...he will be in danger of coming across demon hunters...(Not just Ash Wolves). Also be mindful that after his title is stripped...he WILL lose his clan ability and mark of his clan to state that he has a leader title.

Also, side note:
If you wish to leave the city and go into any abandoned demon city...let me know so that I may create a separate thread for that.

@Abroxis @Vague o3 @ArgonianScum @Lila Renn @KeekeeI @Lish @TMITM @sissyd00q @Mai_able

Hello there everyone!
Messaging everyone as a full on ping just to inform you all that due to some complications in the next few days and doing some thinking as well as planning...starting immediately @Sanity43217 will be the Co-GM for the roleplay.
They have full permission to answer and all questions regarding information about the roleplay...if they are not completely sure of the answer, they will come directly to me and I will do my best to either tell them the answer to be brought over to you all or I shall come as soon as possible to answer the questions directly.

They cannot remove anyone from the roleplay without my final verdict.

@Sanity43217
Can I make w suggestion that you not let Lila and Argo dump acid on everyone? I mean... Um... That includes you and themselves.
Just a friendly suggestion!

@happydeath
Wait, really? I was not aware that the clan ability could be stripped away. Is there like a ritual or something that would happen? Could Revan escape before it happened? I was not aware that this could happen. Gosh darn it.
His Clan Ability is integral to his character and knowing how to control it is the main conflict.
Ughhhhhhh
If he can't escape or whatever can I edit so that it's a regular active ability?

If there is a war, (Which I'm assuming there is going to be) a little geographical knowledge would be helpful. You don't have to answer, I just think it would be very good to know.

Last edited:
@TMITM
Yes, the clan ability is removed from the leader if they are demoted. There is no separate ritual for this, it will happen at the trial if things go to the point that is Revan's punishment.
After his clan mark is removed he will be stripped of his power on the spot by the leaders draining it away from him. This will not give the leaders anything but it will leave a temporary gap in power within the city and until it is restored with a new leader, the drain of his clan ability will mean that the three remaining clans must treat Ravinca as also neutral until a new leader rises.

@happydeath can I edit his character so that he has the dark, light, and his wing powers separate from his clan ability? Those and the electricity go together.
I don't- I honestly don't know what to do about this. Was there anywhere that said that the powers were like this?

@TMITM
Whatever his clan ability is...whatever that is attached to the clan ability....will be lost no matter what it is.

In Revan's case -
Active Abilities:
Clan Ability - The Light and the Shadows
Umbrakinesis {Can control shadows. Advanced abilities such as teleportation through darkness or weapon manifestation are out of his reach as of now. Click the link to know more.}
Subset: Wing Manifestation {Basically shadow wings. They are physical, not ethereal. Click the link to know more.}
Photokinesis {Can control light. Advanced abilities such as invisibility or [Potentially] explosions are out of his reach as of now. Click the link to know more.}
Personal Ability
Electrokinesis {Can control electricity. Once again, Advanced abilities or subsets beyond basic attacks with this power are out of his reach.Click the link to know more.}
Some basic Empathy {Basically just reading emotions. He cannot alleviate them.} He has very mixed feelings about empathy, because he dousn't want to intrude on another's privacy.
Those were the active abilities you had put for him.

The clan ability of his was 'Light and Shadows'. So that would mean that any abilities that he has with controlling light or shadows will be removed. He will be able to still control electricity and reading the emotions thing.
Though this did confuse me why you added the light and shadow manipulation again..twice into your character sheet now that I'm fully just looking at just this.
You were allowed FOUR abilities and a clan ability which is separate...if his clan ability is to control light and shadows...why would he have two other abilities...which consist of him controlling light and shadows separate?

Was his clan ability to be able to create a storm of light and dark mixing with one another? If so, that is something you need to edit in your clan ability section and specify about that...though if not, then if he controls simply light and shadows generally as his clan ability..you need to remove those and can add two others abilities that have nothing to do with light and dark.

@happydeath
okay. Thanks.
And yes, if Revan is stripped of his title, he does plan on going to his clan's ancestral home, Sundavrblaka'baen. (It means, literally, shadow-flapper's ... baen is a very complex, deep form of grief or sorrow, used here because they needed to leave it behind. The apostrophe, again, used here to emphasize the name and it's importance, making you take another half-second on the word.)

@Abroxis While I'm at it, Menoa'drotting means mother-queen, an honorific title of immense respect (because of the apostrophe and the use of 'queen' - a title reserved usually for the leaders of races, back when there were such things,) toward Nelvyvia (Is that right? Probably not.) because of what she did.
@Sanity43217 Shrrgnien means 'Wolfheart' - an informal title towards him because he's an Ash Wolf. Vrenshrrgn means War Wolves, the name given toward the Ash Wolves coined by Revan's grandfather in their dealings. Vrenshrrgn is informal because they were deemed not worthy of a proper title.

Last edited:
@Vague o3
Hey, if Revan were to leave, and he asked Glumisun to come with him, would she?

Here's what could happen.

~Nelvyvia could be Leader, potentially making Aeyra next in line.
~Revan and Glumisun can explore the ruins of an old demon city with many wonders and a few native creatures.
~Revan can learn to control his powers more - with Glumisun's help.
~We can explore some of the culture of the old society and maybe (maybe) some of Huginn and Muninn's origins....

Back