Genderbending Legends/Deities/Worshipees/Whatever you call them

Crow

YOU MEAN
In case you couldn't tell, I'm a hugeass-

- yeah, let's cut to the chase.

So anyways, a lot of series, particularly those of Japanese or Korean origin, love to take liberties of genderbending famous heroes, legends and the like?

I'd show you that gallery of Dictators as grills as an example of what I mean but there are kids here and the collection's missing Mao Zedong, and Mao Zedong was in the actual artbook, so no example for you.

But yes, I've played games that depicted the Titan Cronus as a scythe-wielding gothic lolita donning little lady and read novels/watched novel adaptations showing the great Nobunaga as a young woman who is, at the very core, the same old Fool of Owari.

Truth be told, I actually do apply these into RPs that have real-life legends integrated into them. What are your thoughts? Do you pull this?

Also, characters named after said legends but aren't meant to be the real deal don't count towards this. They're completely seperate characters.

Also to add to this conversation I was asking a friend of mine if I should depict Hades as a youthful woman in my story if I was going to include the Persephone stuff. The conversation ended with Hades being better depicted as an old coot.

Back