Alright, this thread will serve as our thread for talking rules, story, ideas, or anything RP related. While I do have my vision for this RP if you see issue or feel something needs changing or if you just have some interesting ideas, I'd really like to hear them. I would like this RP to be about mostly building a really awesome world and telling a really interesting story. Story structure will run as follows:

I will open the story, setting the stage of the world.
Each player will then get to post, telling the events of their own nation from what ever perspective the player chooses. In each post, the player will respond to the world (my post) as well as any interaction with other player factions. You're military movements will be told in this post as well. Obviously, not in detail as you wont say the location you're troops are heading, but you can say what their goal is, the strength of the unit, though not in numbers. You will privately message me the numbers of your troops as well as the exact the location they'll be moving. Depending on where your army is headed it may take multiple posts to reach their destination. I will keep an updated chart of where all troops are. Ideally, players will not see each other coming, and will not know the enemies numbers until the battles begin. I don't want to go to in depth on military here, as I plan to have a strictly military thread, but the point is, your posts will include a story-like version of your troop movements.
I will be pushing the main story line, hell on earth, as well as any sub plots we start running.
Player Order is as follows:
1. @Earth as the Tree Dwellers
2. @Mizzrym as Children of the Lost Throne
3. @BrookeDi as Pendmico
4. @SedentaryCobra as Jagannath Empire
5. @ChelonianCommander as Dronah Clans
View attachment 1346 Your number in the order coordinates to your location on the map. your capitals have their placement chosen, but other than that, your lands are yours to fill as you please. The other factions on the map are as follows
7. The forces of hell
8. Lycan Wood (Sheet pending)
9. Tri-Tusk Tribe (Sheet pending)
Borders were decided by the treaty from the great war. Your nation may have gotten screwed out of territory in the war or was not properly rewarded in its efforts, whatever the case, is up to you.

This is all subject to change should a better system be suggested.
*Final map and player order will be revealed tomorrow morning, as I do not have access to my pc*
*The RP name is still open for change if you have any suggestions*
Creatures Index
http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/the-lost-continent-rp-creatures-index.4087/
Factions & Military
http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/the-lost-continent-rp-faction-and-military-index.4088/

Last edited:
Is there somewhere we can have the different factions posted (I know they are on the original post, but there's a lot of other chatter in between) so we can go and reference as needed?

Also, I've kind of thought about creating an alliance with someone (unknown, yet--probably depends on location) and obviously it would be a shaky one, considering all that's happened, but is that a possibility?

When does posting begin (I'm assuming that's when we find out posting order, maps, etc).

So in the "characters forum" I'm be making threads for
Factions (player and ai)
Units
Creatures
The only reason I haven't made those Is I don't have access to my pc at the moment. Tomorrow I will really start the setup. The forms are all on the other thread currently if you want to work on them now.

I've been thinking about the ability for player interaction, my idea is an embassy where each player has a diplomat who reports directly to their factions leaders. The embassy Itself would be a thread for you guys to discuss your plans to deal with the hell problem as well as diplomatic disputes, and so on.

well if we are going to define armies by numbers you'll need to lay down what limits we have and what is the number value of each sized force..so in other words. whats big? whats small? also, don't google that with giving it context. bad day!

once you set the forums help ill make sure to fill em on up ! looking to it

So in the "characters forum" I'm be making threads for
Factions (player and ai)
Units
Creatures
The only reason I haven't made those Is I don't have access to my pc at the moment. Tomorrow I will really start the setup. The forms are all on the other thread currently if you want to work on them now.

I've been thinking about the ability for player interaction, my idea is an embassy where each player has a diplomat who reports directly to their factions leaders. The embassy Itself would be a thread for you guys to discuss your plans to deal with the hell problem as well as diplomatic disputes, and so on.

Could be at the end every persons turn the embassy plays a roll, each player votes for a leader, that leader puts forth an idea for discussion and every one votes to go along or shoot it down, or not care and do whatever.

Could go something like this:
persons A, B, C, D, E vote. Person E gets most votes, becomes leader.
Person E puts forth the movement of restoring stolen land from person B by person A.
Vote passes Person A has X time to move out and return land ownership to person B
If they refuse than other persons may attack or cut off trade as punishment.

opens up all the fun sleeze political BS can be, black mail, assassns, Photoshop war with north korea, Shock doctrines, Bold face lies, itchy unpleasant truths.

Could be at the end every persons turn the embassy plays a roll, each player votes for a leader, that leader puts forth an idea for discussion and every one votes to go along or shoot it down, or not care and do whatever.

Could go something like this:
persons A, B, C, D, E vote. Person E gets most votes, becomes leader.
Person E puts forth the movement of restoring stolen land from person B by person A.
Vote passes Person A has X time to move out and return land ownership to person B
If they refuse than other persons may attack or cut off trade as punishment.

opens up all the fun sleeze political BS can be, black mail, assassns, Photoshop war with north korea, Shock doctrines, Bold face lies, itchy unpleasant truths.
I really like this, though I feel like the embassy itself would be a separate thread from the actual main thread. As such decisions made in the embassy could be properly discussed and debated in a story like matter without clogging the main thread. Then once the decision is made, word is sent out in the next coming cycle of the decision allowing that player to respond in their turn in the cycle.

Pending the last faction sheet, we're pretty much almost ready. A military/Faction thread will be posted with the info on how your military's and the restrictions. This brings up my next point, the treaty itself decided the limitations of ones military so, maybe the first posts we should do is in the embassy thread discussing the rules and regulations of the nations following the war. We can rp our way through the first embassy assembly, giving everyone an idea of the system.

Ah forgot to ask, now that you have a map can we draw or use Photoshop to dot towns or points of interest and maybe roads. once they get your sticker of approval add all those maps into one grand road map?

Ah forgot to ask, now that you have a map can we draw or use Photoshop to dot towns or points of interest and maybe roads. once they get your sticker of approval add all those maps into one grand road map?

It's like you're living inside my mind. The country is yours to fill out with cities and towns.

Mk i finished a map and would like your thoughts on it.

Map key-
Red line: Major road, fit for trade/military actions. Long traveled and either beaten into the earth or cobbled. (didn't add lesser roads or paths)

Pink line: Major under ground tunnel, cut, dug and reinforce for trade use, large movement.

Green single rings: Exit/entry into tunnels and caves.

Black numbers/Black diamond: Towns, cities. general civilization of note worthy size.

Blue numbers/blue triangle: Points of interest/names of geographical points

Black star: Some sort of military out post, fort or place of operation.

Teal double rings: Harbor, dry dock, small fishing town, some relation with a body of water. etc.

Yellow double rings: Civilian structures of a singular nature, in this case light houses.

Key [number in relation to my map] [Name] [Settlement Hierarchy] [info about it]

1: Capital: L'Charnag Delmah --The Deep Home : Part of a Conurbation between "Renphar Dobor" and "Ethye" , is at metropolis level. Countless networking tunnels go both to the summit of the mountain "Spine of earth" and deeper into the flesh of the planet. Massive wide and cleanly cut, smartly crafted spaces long the lengths of tunnels expose buildings of all nature. At the deepest point the Temple "palm of silence" houses the sunken alter, a massive construct designed to usher in sounds of the earth and surely the hushed whispers of heaven itself. Lower still is a nameless place with cone walls that rob all sound from the power of reverberation, where such silence is observed that the blood pulsing in your ears give impressions of deafening drums that thrash their illusionary concussion into the skull.

many temples, and buildings with faith in mind housed within this place and as such outsiders become sharply alert to them being unwanted, why this hate without reason isn't found in most other places here at the foot of the theocratic dynasty that rules, shamans, priest, Sister hoods and brother hoods look to foreign faces as the children of thieves who steal the gift from the gods. This hate can be fought however, a stone bracelet or patch[and/or a flay tattoo] can be rewarded by high ranking clergymen as to flag some one who doesn't practice "outward magic" and/or can be trusted, Very hard to get.

2:
Renphar Dobor : Part of the Conurbation between L'Charnag Delmah and Eythe, At Large city level. If there is something you desire in the world, chances are you can find it here for sell or trade. Renphar Dobor sits at the cross roads of the nation making it house the guilds of all trades be it for coin or glory, challenge or knowledge.

3: Eythe: Part of the Conurbation between L'Charnag Delmah and Renphar Dobor, City level. Eythe is a city of whispered whimpers and wails of pain, This is where magic is tot and mastered, where the live stock of other races sit in their own filth to wait being hulled out to greet some grim fate at the hands of students. Undead and flesh thralls, Soul caged slaves and all matter of arcane arts within the allowed realm of enchantment pervert, warp and stain the air. This harden city that has no access to outsiders, while smaller cave paths lead into the other two cites they are kept under close guard. Keeps the hidden mass archive "Isava De'Yorn"--the Foundation of Power, deep in its belly.
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:

Last edited:
Just so I am sure that I haven't missed something along the way, have we been assigned locations on the map, yet?

Just so I am sure that I haven't missed something along the way, have we been assigned locations on the map, yet?
The full map is in the opening to this thread. You are number 4 on the map. The dark blue line represents your borders after then end of the war. You are free to fill in your nation as you please with towns, cities, military outposts, etc.

Mk i finished a map and would like your thoughts on it.

Map key-
Red line : Major road, fit for trade/military actions. Long traveled and either beaten into the earth or cobbled. (didn't add lesser roads or paths)

Pink line: Major under ground tunnel, cut, dug and reinforce for trade use, large movement.

Green single rings: Exit/entry into tunnels and caves.

Black numbers/Black diamond: Towns, cities. general civilization of note worthy size.

Blue numbers/blue triangle: Points of interest/names of geographical points

Black star: Some sort of military out post, fort or place of operation.

Teal double rings: Harbor, dry dock, small fishing town, some relation with a body of water. etc.

Yellow double rings: Civilian structures of a singular nature, in this case light houses.

So what do you think, colors ok?
if so ill add in all the info but for now iv gotta go!
You took my expectations and exceeded them by about 1000%.

So Hey i was thinking, not every one has photoshop or is a god level MS paint warrior so if any one needs some help maken roads and towns on the map I don't mind giving you a hand if you like the draft map I had posted. Till every one agrees on color meaning and icons is easy to change stuff around. Just ask!

Back