"Hrm."

Krauser grunted over the radio, seemingly busy for a moment. "What are you observing?" he asked Lucifer. "Two can fly. One's apparently a god and the other might as well be with that suit of his. Stars-and-stripes is as strong as they come and the fourth one can turn very small. Is that obvious enough?"

"Whoever said anything about sympathy--"

Steve cut himself off when Joshua ran at him with a speed the man didn't possess a moment before. He attempted to dance out of the way of the slash with a small jump to the right, but Joshua got his leg nonetheless. With an angry grunt, he continued his turn and spun in a circle so that he was in a position to possibly impact Joshua from behind and send him flying.

Jabbers was quick on the draw, but Steve completed one more spin for the Bullet Punch to impact only his shield. He threw his arm out to knock the Pokemon back.

It was then that one of Jaffar's daggers would have found their mark and stab into Steve, though this only earned a roar of anger from the supersoldier. He struck out at Jaffar with his shield at a force strong enough to break bones, but thankfully Lucio's shield protected Jaffar from the moment, bouncing off Cap's shield. The force staggered him backward, but this placed him at a distance from the other. When Schala's attack lightning began to dance around him, Steve made a run for an abandoned car, hiding behind it while the magic attack passed over.

"This is about your lives. Make this easier on yourselves and stand down!" he yelled from behind the car. "We don't want to kill a third party, but if you continue to fight, you put your lives in danger!" The car was slammed upward, where it was propelled through the air and toward Schala. Steve then ran to the next car and slammed his shield into it, knocking it in Penny's direction. Steve then jumped backward, landing on the hood of a third car and tossing his shield expertly at Jaffar.

"Mind if I take a look at that gun of yours?" Tony asked Lucio, sounding a tad impressed. "Will just take a second." He began flying toward Lucio, but Jason's grappling weapon whipped around his leg and caused him to pause. Vaguely understanding what was happening, Iron Man then flew back toward the building but changed his momentum right before impact in an attempt to send Jason careening into the building.

With the hook still wrapped around his leg, Tony looked up to see Blake hurtling down from above. He leaned back in response so that a laser that emitted from his chest would fly up in Blake's direction. Iron Man then rotated his body forward so that the beam would fall and catch Setsuna as she jumped into the air.​

The first thing to reach Thor ended up being one that even caught him by surprise and quickly wiped the smug exterior off his face; Clark's sheer speed blitzed him through the nearest building where he landed on the other side of the ground. Though his godly durability made sure he ended up okay ultimately, that was not a blow that the God of Thunder took lightly, the blonde man wiping his face off as he stood his ground again.

giphy.gif

"... Alright. Maybe this might be a mild challenge..." He muttered, clutching his trusty hammer tightly. As all the others who wished to challenge him seemed to follow suit, he prepared himself for battle again, quickly analyzing his surroundings and taking note of what the ideal strategy would be.

The god easily enough blocked every bullet that came his way from Shirou and Miku with his metal vambraces, as though he were able to see them coming decently well. For the moment, his main concern seemed to be Clark. Faster than a speeding bullet, he really was, but first, he needed to get these flies out of the way. Or so he'd believed. As Cagliostro's magic did its work, putting immense pressure on Thor, the god found himself hardly able to move. It was quite a sticky situation, but if this wasn't something he was able to handle, then he wouldn't be able to call himself mighty.

"I know not what black magic you possess, fiend, but by the power of Mjolnir..."

Mustering as much strength as he could to resist the Collapse spell, Thor raised his hammer and slammed it into the ground, creating another mighty shockwave that rocked the area around, once again with the intention of sending everyone on the ground off-balance and interfering with their focus.

gif-marvel-thor-Favim.com-231707.gif

CRASH!

But he was far from done yet.

"I will best you all!"

From the smokescreen he'd generated with the debris, Thor swooped in from the side at godly speeds, smashing his hammer into Clark's side and hoping to send his body flying straight at Shirou and Miku, before focusing his attention on Cagliostro next, as he'd generate lightning with his hammer and cast it, firing a bolt right at the alchemist!

Whether out of curiosity while examining his enemies or a deadpan way of realizing he was probably, to put it in crude terms, boned, Ant-Man could only silently purse his lips, before directing his attention first at Ada, the closest one to him. He raised an arm up, as though to wave at her.

giphy.gif

"Hi, I'm Scott! Don't believe we've met, though... I guess you're supposed to know me as Ant-Man here. And before you ask, no, I didn't come up with that name, alright?"

When she had drawn her knife, however, his tone quickly changed, the man raising both arms defensively and backing away from her slowly.

"Alright, alright, look. I'm warning you right now, this doesn't have to end badly for any of us, 'cause let me tell ya, it'll really smart when you get me going. I mean, I'm a dangerous guy, y'know. And I'm clearly not beneath hurting a lady if I--Oh, son of a--!"

While the man seemed much more interested in talking, he was caught off guard when Domon went in without a word. The lucky first punch managed to connect and send him stumbling back, though he quickly recovered, raising his arms to block and evade Domon's flurry, bobbing his head around like a boxer. He waited for the right opportunity, and then...

Whoosh!

Gathering his bearings quickly, Ant-Man countered a punch Domon would throw, grabbing his extended arm and turning around, before performing a shoulder throw and slamming the Gundam pilot into the ground! Feeling confidence well up with that brief display of close-quarters-combat, he looked upon the others who intended to fight with him, putting up his dukes and clenching his fists tightly like a street brawler.

"Oh, hell yeah, I'm the man. And it only took a woman to teach me how to do that. Alright! Who's next, huh? Who wants--"

BOOM!

Ant-Man stopped mid-sentence as Twisted Fate's cards exploded in front of him, sending his body flying a few feet away! Hitting the grass with a loud grunt, he gritted his teeth, shaking his head. "Ow... Goddammit," he grunted, looking up at Twisted Fate continuing to throw cards, Alice charging right at him, and Naomi pointing her gun at him. He wasn't used to being surrounded like this, but hey, if he was gonna prove his worth as an Avenger, he needed to show that this was a walk in the park!

Not that he exactly intended to be on the same level as Thor.

38ff44acc206ecf09eb3673ddf7e1bf2.gif

With that, scrambling to put what appeared to be a metal helmet on, Ant-Man quickly pressed what seemed to be a button in his hand, and with that, it was as though his body disappeared, practically disappearing within the blades of grass beneath everyone.

It was nigh impossible to ascertain where he had gone for everyone around, though his body didn't remain missing for very long, exactly.

An extremely minuscule figure hopped on top of Naomi's gun, and ran along its length, before then making its way onto the woman's shoulder, and leaping towards her face, where it delivered what felt like a hard hook punch toward her, knocking her a few feet away! With that, the man's body appeared once more, standing just a few inches away from where Naomi once was, looking before everyone.

"See? Told ya I'm a dangerous guy! But you didn't--Oh, shit," he began, before finding himself unable to even finish talking as Ali thrust his sword toward his groin and Alice began charging at him, prompting him to do the most logical thing.

Run away.

"Screw it all, I am so not cut out for being a real Avenger!" Ant-Man exclaimed as he turned tail, "And why are their civilians?! What kind of people are you to drag civilians into this place?!"

Joshua rolled with the hit, knowing the others would be able to distract Rogers long enough for him to recover. His ears rang for a moment with the aching pain of the strike, but soon, he was on his feet once again... Just in time to grab at Jaffar to try and pull him out of the shield's way, "Duck!"

"NAOMI!!" Alice called out to her colleague in horror, then turned back to Ant-Man, teeth bared in the same way they'd been when she had tried to escape the observation room earlier.

"YOU COWARD!! GET BACK HERE AND FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED, YOU PUNY SPINELESS ANT!!!!" Nothing was more despicable than a coward. To hit someone, then run when in danger?! He was no better than the bug he paraded as!

And that bug deserved to be squashed.

Alice initiated ASURA-6's immobile form, lifting into the air to shoot Beams at the fleeing Ant-Man.

Navel hears Steve's words and offers a response, "Our lives are in danger if we don't fight! If you really want us to not get hurt, then stand down!"

Little Guy's sentence is punctuated by gunshots aimed at Steve and an expression on his face filled with melancholy and remorse for his actions. Both of these should be visible to Doremi.​

We'll shoot. A minor change of plans. Seeing the predicament that Blake was in with the laser shot off at him, Setsuna decided to cut off her assault in favor of assuring that the boy didn't, well, plummet to his death if he was hit. But it didn't entirely matter, for she received a beam of her own, slamming into her and sending her crashing back down with but a small cry. "Ah..!"

Landing with a thud, Setsuna remained downed for a few moments, wincing from the pain of the assault. But she still had eternal mana. Still had plenty of energy and strength, and hadn't taken an excessive amount of damage. And so she would continue to fight, climbing back to her feet with determination.

rsz_kyoushirou_to_towa_no_sora_wallpaper_560x246_by_teh_zombish-dat796h.jpg

...After she made sure the others were okay.​

FIERCE-HEART ALI

"Uh, what?"
I asked as I have my second blank stare that day. The man changing size didn't shock me. I've seen far stranger things, but him running away so quickly after beating down so many grunts with his friends. Either he was a coward or he was running away for hit and run tactics.

And given his ability to change his size, I wasn't going to risk it being the latter.

"As I said, we're forced to do this," I yelled at the fleeing Ant-Man as I lifted my hand and brought it closer to my chest, curling the fingers into a fist. In front of Ant-Man, the wind began to pick up with enough force to push him and hopefully throw himself into Alice's beams.

James Proudstar - Warpath

"Crap, crap, crap. Farm boy Kent was heading towards those two women... at that speed, he could do a lot of damage,"

James jumped into full speed a leap towards where he hoped he could intercept Kent's flying body before it struck the two women, then roll with the landing the way Wolverine had taught him. Here goes, the timing was everything, and boy, this was going to hurt.​

"Tch."

Shirou clicked his tongue as Thor effortlessly blocked his bullets. Another freak who could shrug off bullets, huh? That was annoying. Seriously annoying. Inhuman monsters that defied reason.

Though, after taking over a Holy Relic, he had to say that he was the same.

Even as the ground quaked beneath him, Shirou seemed unhindered. His footing remained stable, not making any obvious visible effort to regain balance. As Clark came flying, he deftly stepped aside. If it was going to be this kind of battle, then he'd simply follow suit. This wasn't going to be a battle between humans. Shirou put away his pistol and stood up straight.

Yusa.Shirou.full.52046.jpg

"Formation..."

The second level of the Ewigkeit formula. Chains began to surround his body, focusing around his right arm.

And then he was gone.

With superhuman speed and strength, his fist flew forth towards the God of Thunder's face.​

tumblr_inline_ng0i7vDLMd1shpc29.png

"Oh god."

Blake's eyes widened upon realizing that he was falling fast towards a laser beam. Would his hardlight sword do anything about that? Probably not, and he didn't want to take that risk at all.

tumblr_inline_n3kt9nQbbb1sy4uqk.png

"Tch... Battle protocol 1!"

He said this in a near heartbeat, letting go of his hardlight sword as it dissolved and reformed into a shield made out of that same energy. Positioning himself to press his feet onto the back of the shield, Blake fully intended to use this to reduce the blast of the laser beam coming at him and to more importantly drop onto Tony by using the hardlight shield almost like a blunt weapon. It was a rather reckless idea, but as parts of the beam grazed the side of his arm and cheek, Blake knew he had a decent shot with this since that beam was focused elsewhere...

He cringed to see Setsuna hurt, but with what he had at the moment, he'll have to check on her later.

2 minutes before lights out.

Ba0TCA9.png

"I do not wish to fight these men, but it appears I have to." The princess clenched her hand into a fist at seeing the strangely dressed opponents, the Umbrella's own men running away from them. They didn't look like they were evil or had malicious intent, but they had to fight them? Such rotten men these people from Umbrella were, but Hakuei and her allies had no choice. It was either kill or be killed, and she had no intention of leaving her brother Hakuryuu without his older sister.

And they had powers that were more than just a bit worrisome. She noticed Alucard turning his attention to the blond with the hammer that crackled with lightning. Almost like a Djinn vessel, it can have an element to manipulate? The princess tsked, a bit worried at how early she was going to have to use Paimon. Alucard was powerful, but she didn't want to leave him to fight Thor on his own. He and Road, as well as Cagliostro, were comrades now.

"The Spirit of Maniacal Love and Chaos,
I order thine ancestors,

To use my Magoi to give me power.
Come Out, Paimon!"

Hakuei_%26_Paimon1.png

Thank goodness I have trained for this moment. There had been a time when she still had trouble doing a full Djinn equip. Grabbing her spear in both hands, she surged upwards in the air to back Alucard up, sending a surge of wind to nip at his heels and speed up his attack. Afterward, she raised her spear and summoned a succession of whirlwinds to attack both Thor and Ant-Man. In her full equip, her tornadoes were much more empowered, but she had yet to see if she had to use Magul Al-Hazard, a large whirlwind that was quite destructive.

Her Extreme Magic was out of the question - there were too many possible casualties and she didn't want that.​

'Wow! Country-bumpkin isn't playing around!'

This internal dialogue spun through the Noah's head before a grin took over her expression-

She knew she'd sensed something extraordinary in him. Time to get on his good side. The amber eyes of the girl spun around the battlefield and examined her allies. Country-bumpkin needed immediate assistance, but she had a vocal obligation to Alley and little-Haku. Now though, she wanted to be on Clark's good side as well. Whatever. Worst case scenario, she might actually get shot through the skyscraper like a reverse meteorite. Finally, with an exhale of breath, the girl acted.

A white doorway, accented in black appeared beside her, and as soon as she saw Thor begin to go for Clark, she'd already entered it. Her job in any fight was to be a hassle for opponents and give her allies the most formidable trump card. She appeared by Clark, exactly five feet away, and without a wasted moment, both of them flickered. The world around Clark would be melted down to a black sky accented with purple clouds and a checkered floor, and her voice would fill the void in the instant the Kryptonian was there.

"When you return, blondie will be right under you, hit him hard, Country-bumpkin."

Clark's visage should've vanished right as Thor swung his hammer.

Just like that Road returned to her original location, but... worse for wear. What was wrong with this world!? She stumbled back through her Door - her head pounding and a stream of blood trailing from a nostril, yet again. No rest for the support, though. Road fell back, and her parasol caught her and then carried her towards Alley and little-Haku again. Obviously, using Door wasn't an option yet. Maybe her body hadn't become accustomed to drawing on the Ark from another universe yet. She felt if she did that again, it would render her unconscious. She'd have to do her best to stay close so she could draw her comrades into her 'Dream' without a 'Door'.​

Naomi collapsed to the ground and dropped her gun. Her hand flew to her face and she felt warm drops of blood. She took a deep breath and put all her focus into remaining calm.

She had seen blood at crime scenes plenty of times before. However, it had never been her own.

Blood, at a crime scene...

As she watched Ant-Man run off, she knew that she couldn't let him just get away. Fighting through the pain, she forces herself to grab the pistol and give chase.

As she followed, she noticed blood, whether her own drawn from the force of Scott's punch or Scott's blood drawn from ally attacks. She reached into her bag of forensic tricks and pulled out a bottle of luminol spray.

"Luminol... It reacts with iron in the blood. A dose of this, and even if he shrinks to his minuscule size again, he should be a glowing blue target." Naomi does her best to spray Ant-Man with Luminol and hopes that there's enough blood to gain a reaction.

Or at the very least, that Ant-Man's suit has some components of iron.​

"Hmmph." Ada chuckled at herself. That outcome was quite unexpected. Seeing Ant-Man run off, Ada tucked the knife back into her shoe. She took the crossbow from off around her shoulders and loaded a bolt into it. She took aim near the fleeing Ant-Man, hoping to use it as a warning shot.​

RjVR5mt.png

"It's called alchemy, highly advanced alchemy," Cagliostro speaks to Thor, "let's test this power of Mjolnir of yours... show me what you have!"

Cagliostro then proceeds to use Hakuei's whirlwinds as cover against Thor's lightning strike that was prepared to target her.

Afterward, Cagliostro decides to analyze Thor's movements for a good time to strike hard and evade, possibly a good time to activate her signature attack as well...​

Seeing a car flying at you is not something you really want to see at all. Especially when it's moving really fast. Right before it struck him, he'd vanish, then reappear where he had been standing. He'd turn to look at the wreckage of the car, then over to Steve.

"Are you serious? You're willingly attacking an unarmed person? I am not sending you a Christmas Card this year"

Navel sighed and lowered his weapon. He turned to Doremi and said, "You're right, Doremi. I don't want to be fighting these people either. Right now we're in a warzone, but that doesn't make it right. Maybe we should just stop fighting..."

Schala Zeal

Schala faltered at Cap's words... She so desperately wanted to cease fighting, to resolve things peacefully... But every time that thought entered her head, she felt a sharp pain from that rough area in her head that dastardly chip had been inserted.

As the supersoldier sent a car hurtling towards her... She hesitated for a moment, wondering if she should let this be the end of her... If she should just give up right here and now, rather than have to further endure the torment of continuing this fight.

However, at the last possible moment, she appeared to act out of instinct more than anything... Suddenly imbuing her own body with some sort of magical energy, and giving herself a short interval of "haste", allowing her to move out of the way in the nigh of time, just before that car would crush her.

The worst part about it all was that her opponent wanted them to stand down as well... And while she couldn't tell for certain if it was out of concern for them, it just made it all the harder to continue fighting.

She dropped her hands for just a brief moment before another sharp pain in her head caused her to clutch it in pain...

"I... Can't..." She hissed softly between gritted teeth.

It was apparent that as much as she wanted to, Schala just couldn't stand down, at least not without that chip hindering her.

Part of her wanted to die... So this could all just come to an end... But yet, another part of her wanted to live... No matter what she had to do to stay alive.

Eventually... She conceded, raising her hands once again as she prepared another attack... This time, an icy breeze seemed to permeate the air as she prepared for another area of effect attack.

Though once again, she would be left open as she cast her spell... If she was able to complete the process... A torrent of ice would rain down from the sky, roughly aimed at Cap.

Interestingly enough, it would cover about the same radius that her previous lightning attack did...​

Back