Getting to know eachother better

Bet if I kicked you in the ass youd do it! :p

But srsly, its like this. The hardest part is actualy getting out of the house. Thats where most of the "I'm not in the moooooooood, I'l do it tomorow" shit comes from. Once your out of the house and on ur way to... vhere-ever, you have crossed that imaginery line of un-motivation, and in-to motivation. Simply put - Get. Out. Of. The. House!

Thats also why I shake my head vhen ppl want to start working out at home, by them-selvs, to "save money" instead of going out and enroling to a club. In 99% cases, it wont work. Few ppl are that disciplined. Its not just the profesional guidance, its also the quazi-competitive atmosfere. When your out there among other ppl, you feel compelled to give it all you got, because you dont want to look a lazy slob in front of evryone. Nobody likes being "the last". So even if your not in the mood, the atmosfere of the place wil get you to give 110% of yorself. I remember days vhen I vas so fucking exausted and muscle-fatigued at the end of it, I just lyed there on the mat shaking for 10 minutes, sport-top soaked in sweat, gasping for air, before I culd even move. Oh sure, once you get in the habit of it, once you start to enjoy it, youl have no problem doing it at home on your own, but at the start - no way. I know, I tryed, lots of years ago. Didnt get very far, keped it up half-assed a few days at a time, before I started thinking its not worth it (being sore as fuck). Then I vent back to being lazy. Then finaly, I joined a crossfit club, and the whole thing changed. Vith all those other ppl around, and a daily schedule to keep, I just culdnt look like a weakling, so I pushed it, evry day, no mater how sore I got at times. And that develops self-discipline. Then later vhen I joined the army and after that got in-to MMA for a vhile (discovering how much I love to fight), it vas all easy. Too easy as it turned out, these days I prefer a more free-style seting for a good punchup, as wel as teaching my own class.

So, refering to hiking, parkour, or any kind of physical activity... dont go it alone! Nobody to measure up agenst! Find some company (preferably in-shape company, so you'l be the one lagging behind XD ), and do it together... I promise you, youl be very motivated to keep up. Evry time. Being sore as fuck after is a bonus *evil grin* . :) And who knows... if its a chick, she may even be inclyned after to "relieve the sufering" in a intimate setting. ;) We generaly loveeee seeing guys suffer! I know I do hehe

Things! That were said! In a place! At a time!

I believe you, to be honest, and that is pretty good advice.
I've got other steps beyond that. I short-hand it to laziness but I've got a few other things in my way before I get to that point.
I'm working on it! And until I get there, I've got singing really loudly, music, and writing to keep me sane. Ahah. <3

I have been subjected to a gastric lavage... one of the worst experiences of my life!

One of my brother's earliest vivid memories is of me nearly choking to death on a marble. Apparently it was bright pink and I might not have survived if we hadn't lived next door to what was (at the time) university accommodation for medical students!

Note: I have no recollection of this. I was 18 months old.

I have irregular hiccups that can either sound like a mouse squeaking, or a pterodactyl screeching.

I have been absurdly obsessed with cats since I got my first cat when I was 6. That was 30 years ago. 30 years of cat obsession.

I was once bucked off a horse and sent thirty feet in the air, landing almost fifty feet away. It was a strong horse and I was like thirteen and weighed like 90 pounds.

There's nothing about myself I find particularly fascinating, or worth telling the world about. I can answer a thousand questions, but can never really think of just what to say out of the blue. (Anti-social to the "T")

I'm 1/4 Vietnamese, but I only know how to say 'eat rice'.

I'm all Vietnamese, but I can't read or write the language at all.

I have a knack for figuring out culprits in mysteries pretty quickly. I remember watching that Bone Collector movie with Denzel Washington and I guessed the murderer the second they showed up onscreen.

Back