New User Goals: Writing Stories, Making Friends, Giving and Receiving Inspiration

Hello all! Just a little bit about me...

The years of experience I might have with roleplaying I'm not sure, give or take about 9 years If I estimate that I started around the 16ish years old and now I'm going to be 26 pretty soon. Like many, I experienced chat-based RP, then private message RP, but now I specifically have a preference for the forums. Some might not have that preference for their own reason. I myself have that preference because I like to put a lot of effort into my replies, and also I don't mind other people reading and giving feedback.

I have three main goals with this experience.

Writing stories: When I saw there was a forum for creative writing I thought of writing my personal project/novel there. I run into writer's blocks, but I want to see the project through to the end.

Making friends: I'm sure I might find many amazing individuals and writers. Having a casual chat buddy now and then would be nice.

Giving and receiving inspiration through roleplay: I'll run into writer's blocks every now and then. When I reach those points I turn to roleplay. I love the feeling of getting lost in the stories I create with other people. I'm thinking I'll be searching for one or two partners. Depending on the common preference of post length. I want to be challenged so I'll be searching for partners with similar interests to keep improving with plot/character development and the like.

I'm sure making friends will be one of the faster goals to accomplish.

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to getting to know some of you :)

Edits: PS: Someone privately asked me how I found SC, but I can't reply to them yet. I searched a list of Roleplay sites, and SC was high on the list.

Last edited:
Welcome! Just remember, don't eat the brownies, they have spinach in them. I learned the hard way after eating the whole pan.

Back