Saarai

Lord of Bondage and Pain
Benefactor
batman-v-superman.png

"These people, these superheroes, are exactly who we needed to defend our weak and innocent from the terrors that this world and the universe at large will throw at us.

Superman is our Hercules, Batman is our Odysseus. They're legendary, larger-than-life, and they are the defenders of our future.

Gone are the uncertainties of yesterday. They make me believe in Tomorrow. They are Gods among Men." - Excerpt from Justice League: Gods Among Men, by David Graves.​

Imagine a world like that. Where you lived among these heroes. Where alien visitors, superheroes, government conspiracies, and magic all changed the course of history. What a world to be alive in. What an amazing, yet very scary world.

That's the one of the main concepts behind Gods Among Men. Allowing writers to come together and tell their own stories in this world, to change the course of it's history with their own legendary heroes, or villains, of tomorrow.

We would manage this feat by working together to create a truly collaborative experience for all involved. Something so ambitious and well-written that it rivals or, if we're lucky, surpasses the source material in quality, innovation, and scope.

With that said, I hope to attract people in all manner of roles. People to create locations, write stories set within the universe, create art, take part in the RP proper, or all of the above. I really mean it when I say this is a collaborative project.

I feel strongly about it. It's something that I can't remember being done with an existing property already.

This collaborative project will be more slice of life than anything, so please keep that in mind. You don't need to play anyone with superpowers, or magic, or anyone who ever suits up in more than what they wear to work. I really want to craft our version of the DC universe that we can call our own.

And most of all, I want us to have fun.

The roleplay is character driven and will not have one storyline, just a series of interconnected story arcs tied to an overall mythology.

Last edited:
I almost forgot, there is this story which acts as a prequel to the RP proper, but it isn't required reading.

It does, however, show what tone I'm going for in action since I'm terrible at explaining things.

For those who were interested and those who may become interested in the future, the forum for the roleplay has been created and we can all take part.

I'll be detailing there what the first few storylines will be that I'll be GMing.

Gods Among Men

So folks don't have to go looking through the RP to find it, I've made a list of storylines and subplots I'll be GMing at the onset of the RP so people can join in or find somewhere they might be interested if they give this page a look.

It might even help to give you some ideas for characters or plots of your own to integrate into the RP:

Fear Itself

Yellow Lantern rings, powered by fear, are distributed to all manner of criminal around the world. The Green Lanterns, with the help of their allies on Earth, investigate and hope to round up all of the rings.

They prove dangerous in the hands of otherwise ordinary people and criminals, their power being seen as addictive. Civilians are caught in the middle of violence created by this new weapon that begins to effectively replace your typical handgun.

Criminals fight to corner this new black market, while the police and their costume colleagues fight to keep these dangerous weapons off the streets.

Gods and Titans

The Cult of Blood, infamous for worshipping the otherworldly demon Trigon, begin to resurface in Metropolis and Gotham City. They begin recruiting new members through force and evangelizing, growing more and more violent as they also grow in number.

John Constantine, the Titans, the Sentinels of Magic, and other independent do-gooders work to stop the cult before they can finish whatever it is that they're planning.

But, will they be too late?

No Justice, No Peace

The world, especially America, are growing increasingly divided into two groups. Those who support the Justice League and other heroes, seeing them as larger-than-life figures, and those who grow increasingly frustrated with the apparent impunity in which they seem to act.

In response to this, the US Government, with Project Cadmus, unveil their own hero, Sanctuary, in Washington D.C. to the world.

Houses are divided, tensions continue to grow until their are violent clashes in the streets.

Which side do you land on?

Gotham City Blues

An ongoing mob war in Gotham City between the Dent Organization and The False Face Society, led by rogue FBI agent Philip Roarke, has been growing increasingly violent, the police and vigilantes barely able to keep it under control.

The crime becomes so pervasive that it seeps into civilian lives, and eventually takes them, forcing the mayor to make a decision.

Go Home

With the Earth increasingly involved in intergalactic affairs, a backlash towards aliens and anyone thought to be alien has occurred. Spearheading the anti-alien movement is television personality G. Gordon Godfrey, backed by many zealous pro-Earth organizations.

It's not a good time to be green or flying a saucer without a license.

The Cradle, The Graves

Author David Graves, writer of Justice League: Gods Among Men, has been missing for nearly three years with his family. Worried, his publisher hires anyone he can to find Graves and make sure he's okay.

Gods Among Men is still looking for active players, if anyone is interested.

A few people are still working on characters, but this is pretty much a go.

I could use anyone interested in playing mobsters, civilians, police, or even vigilantes for a Gotham City-based storyline. It's following a mob war in the city.

I could use anyone interested in playing mobsters, civilians, police, or even vigilantes for a Gotham City-based storyline. It's following a mob war in the city.

I've been playing the Mafia games recently, so I'm game to be a mobster.

I disappeared for awhile thanks to the holiday season crushing any chances of me having free time, but I'm back and this RP is still in need of players. There seemed to have been some confusion in regards to some aspects of the RP as well upon my return.

Most of the characters we make will be original characters, meaning chances are no one will play Bruce Wayne or Riddler. The RP does not follow comic book canon as much of it is extremely convoluted. It instead begins well into the careers of many heroes and villains and considers many major events from the comics to have happened in broad strokes save for crossover events with other Earths such as Flashpoint.

Because of this, and my writing a prequel story, some characters are dead, missing, no longer active, or not yet active.

I hope that clears up at least some confusion about Gods Among Men. I hope you all will join me in writing this story.

Would you be okay with a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure type character? Basically, normal people with superpowered Stands, who have very specific powers that are OP in very specific ways. The Stands and powers are also named after famous bands and songs.

Can you elaborate a bit? I imagine it would be like summoning creatures or familiars, if my memory of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is correct. If so, then yeah. That's totally fine.

Yeah, that's about right.

My Stand would be Mastodon, and his power is to bestow either himself or objects he uses or throws with either extreme force and velocity, or immovable weight and resistance. Basically, once he gets going, he's an unstoppable force, and if he steels himself, he's an immovable object, and he can add these properties to objects he touches. The Stand itself is a giant hairy elephant, and does your typical elephant things. It's really tough, but if the Stands gets hurt, he will be hurt along with it.

I will change up details later on, but I'm just using the general terminology for JoJo's for simplicity.

Last edited:
Once you get all that done, I have a few ideas. Magical types are some of the characters I need for a few supernatural/magic-oriented storylines I have planned.

Back