Going the distance

Jack pulled away from her slowly and curled his index finger over his top lip, his cheeks turning light red.
"I'll date you, definitely. It just... Might be hard." He sighed, looking behind her off into the distance. "The problem is obviously our parents. We might have to elope someday." He shrugged, pulling her close to his body again.

Sera smiled happily and hugged his waist, "I don't mind. Not like he would notice even if I did leave." She laughed a little, "You seem to worry a lot."

Jack held her close and shrugged. "I mean... I worry because there's a lot to worry about. If I didn't have anything to worry about, there'd be nothing to be worried about." He laughed, letting go of her for a second and standing up. He briskly walked to the side of the gazebo and stuck his hand out, checking for more rain. "Yo, it's mad rainy out there. Getting worse too." He frowned, looking back towards her.

Sera rolled her eyes and watched as he walked over to the gazebo. "Then we have to wait it out...What scared I might bite." Seraphina laughed and flashed her teeth in a smile. "It's probably just passing through, and if it gets worse we can always run to our cars." Sera shrugged and walked over to him hugging his waist. "It's cold. And I also forgot about your jacket." Sera chuckled, "I was hoping to get another date out of you before giving it back."

"It's sort of cozy." He shrugged, putting his hands over hers. "I bet it'd be great if we got like an RV or something and camped out in the rain." He laughed. "Just an idea, I love rain." He smiled, spinning around in her arms to hold her tightly.
"You can just keep the jacket, I think it looks better on you anyway...." He trailed off, a blush coming to his cheeks slowly.

Sera squealed in delight as he spun her closing her eyes so she wouldn't get dizzy. "You really are an honest flirt aren't you," Sera smirked at his compliment and kissed his cheek until she heard her phone ringing. She paused and sighed slipping from his hold, "Gimmie a sec'?" She reached in her bag and answered her phone her smiled turning into a frown as the person over the phone spoke. She hung up and sighed. "I have to go. Some border troubles, and its something I need to handle."

Jack stayed silent as she slipped away and started talking on the phone, his face dropped as he saw her frown.
"You have to go already?" He asked, taking a step towards her and holding out his umbrella. "Take this, don't get wet." He offered.
"You can keep it in your car, Seraphina. Your dad won't find it then."

Sera sighed and nodded, "Unfortunately." When he held out his umbrella she laughed a bit and crossed her arms. "You'll get soaked in the rain if I take that." She smiled, reaching out her hand and grabbing his wrist to pull him to her. She smiled and leaned up to kiss him once again. "Don't let other girls flirt with you, Jack. I'd hate to kill em'." She flashed a smile laughing a bit at her joke and took his umbrella grabbing her bag and running off in the rain out of sight.

Jack frowned as she crossed her arms and shrugged. "Go ahead, get yourself soaked, not my problem then." He laughed, feeling her grip his wrist and pull him close. He felt her lips push against his and he kissed her back. "Promise I won't. Not that they do anyway." He laughed again. He watched her run into the rain with his umbrella and waved to her, sitting down in the gazebo quietly until the rain slowed down.

Sera ran to her car. Putting the umbrella in the back seat her smile faded as she drove to the border. Another fight, with her friends involved nonetheless. She parked a little away grabbing her bag and running to the border.

Back