Going the distance

When she walked over to him he got flustered and groaned. "That was a terrible joke you just made. Don't think I didn't catch it." He laughed, watching as she swept his hair from his eyes.
"Thank you." He smiled down at her as she took his hand and led him through the silent, abandoned park.
"I do like burgers." He told her, watching her closely as she led him.
"You're beautiful." He said, a slight tinge of confidence appearing in his voice.

Sera laughed and let his hand go sitting on the ground. "You're a real flirt aren't you Jack." Sera brushed her bangs from her face her cheeks were tinged pink. She reached out and grabbed his hand again pulling him to sit next to her. "Tell me Jack. Does your pa' know your with me." Sera leaned back smirking, she knew his dad didn't and that's what made it fun for her.

Jack sat himself down beside her and stared at her face.
"I'm no flirt, Seraphina." He said bluntly. "I just tell the truth, plain and simple."
"Funnily enough, my dad doesn't know I'm with you. Pretty sure he'd hang us both if he knew, though." He laughed loudly and then bit his lip, abruptly ending his laugh.
"Probably not something we should laugh about." He shrugged, reaching out for a drink.

Sera blushed harder and smiled, "An honest flirt i see." She fanned her face for a moment as her blush faded. Stretching out her legs she sat back, the sun was coming out from behind the could and warmed her face. "Pft. I think it's hilarious. Don't be so serious....I don't get this whole war anyways." Sera frowned sighing, she saw his hand reaching for a drink and passed one to him. "You know you're not what I expected...You're a lot cuter than what they made you out to seem. I think my dad just wanted me to stay away from boys like you." Sera laid on her side propping her head up with her arm.

He pulled out a bunch of grass as she passed him a drink and smiled.
"Thanks, man." He said, dropping the grass to the ground and opening the drink. He took a sip quietly and sighed, shrugging his shoulders.
"Probably all just for money, you know what I mean? That's what everything's about, right?" He frowned, scratching his head in frustration.
"You're not what I expected either, you're cute too and I definitely didn't expect you to just go for me like you did, it's nice, kind of." He laughed, looking to his side to meet her eyes with his own.

Seraphina smiled, "I like going for things that I want. I don't see a reason why I should wait for someone to chase me." Sera shrugged.
Plus don't girls like.....fall at your feet?" Seraphina grabbed a bag of chips, laying on her back before opening it and eating one. "There's no nice guys like you in my dad's gang they're all jerks, or my dad's lackeys." Sera scowled. "Like the jerk last night. Can you believe he dumped me last week.....all because of my stupid dad told him to watch me, and then my dad found out and made him dump me!" Sera covered her face with her arm. "It made me feel really bad,"

He grabbed a bag of chips too and popped it, a few fell to the ground and he cringed.
"Whoops, sorry about that." He whispered, turning the bag upside down quickly and eating one.
He laid down beside her and frowned.
"Well, not really. I'm kind of a loner, I don't wanna be bothered by others." He shrugged, looking to his right at her.
"I know man, it sucks dick that he does that. My dad wants me to get a girlfriend though. Not too interested to be honest." He told her, looking up at the now parting clouds.

"No way. A loner? I'd never have guessed." Sera looked at him surprised watching him spill the chips and chuckled. "We're outside I don't think it matters." Sera left her arm over her eyes and bit her lip. "Well...why not? Don't tell me Mr. loner is a player." Sera smirked lowering her arm to gaze at him again.

He rolled his eyes at her and frowned.
"You could really tell? I thought you'd just kind of assume I'm a shy kinda dude." He shrugged, suddenly feeling another drop of rain land on his head.
"Ah, really?" He groaned, reaching to his side to grab his umbrella. He opened it up and held it over Seraphina.
"Stay dry, I'm not a player, I think you know that already." He chuckled, watching her smirk at him.
"I don't think it's gonna rain a ton, but ya know. Who knows?"

"Why would I assume that?" She rose her brow confused before she felt a drop of rain hit her cheek. She reached up and wiped it, just as she was going sit up an umbrella popped in her sight. Hering him speak she laughed a little before grabbing his arm and yanking him next to her. "I've already said I won't bite. So don't get soaked in the rain trying to be nice." He was closer than she had expected and it caused her to blush.

He shrugged and felt her tug him closer suddenly, they were right next to one another and he blushed too.
"Dunno, I just think it shows really easily." He whispered, putting his free hand over hers. "You're so pretty up close. Prettier than before, somehow." He heard more rain droplets hit the umbrella and smiled at her, looking into her eyes.
"Fuck, you're really gonna manage to seduce me." He joked, chuckling a little and sighing. "Listen, is there like a gazebo or something we could go sit inside?" He asked.

Sera's eyes went wide and her flush deepened, she shook her head letting her hair cover some of her face. "And you dare say you are no flirt." She looked at him as he chuckled and sat up, lifting herself from under the umbrella letting herself get a bit wet as she stood up. "You are the one trying to seduce p-people with those words of yours!" She leaned down to grab the drinks and whatever snacks were drying, her white shirt was getting wet, "Follow me." She turned to walk further into the playground.

He laughed at her flustered reactions and stood up quickly, helping her to gather the snacks that were still dry.
He lifted the umbrella up over himself shrugged, going to follow her into the park a little further.
"Right behind you." He assured her, watching her walk away from him.

Sera let the water cool her burning face and walking until she reached a small area covered in gazebo and picnic benches. She walked under one and shook her head to get rid o some of the water. The action itself causing her sleeve to slip down to her shoulder. She put the snacks on the bench and sat down with a sigh, "I did not expect the rain to ruin our date."

Jack followed her quietly, a grin plastered across his face, soon, the gazebo came into view in the distance.
He kept following her until she walked underneath it and sat down. He sat beside her and sighed, seeing her top sliding down.
"I'm sorry man. Fucking rain. You'll catch your death of cold if you keep that thing on." He told her, pointing at her shirt.
"Come here." He said, reaching his arms out to her.

Sera looked at him for a moment amused before glancing at her shirt. He wasn't wrong, but there was not much she could do about it. When he told her to come here she stood with ease and walked over to him. She stooped between his arms and wrapped her arms around hi. "What do you suggest I do? Take it off?" Sera chuckled and laid her head against his chest, he was warm, a lot like last night it was comforting.

He watched her sit in front of him and hold him tight. He sighed with happiness and wrapped his arms around her too, rubbing her arms, her back and her head, trying his best to warm her up. "You think I'd ask you to strip, outside?" He laughed and shook his head. "No way." He whispered into her ear, holding her tighter.

"You'd be the first." Sera mumbled into his chest and closed her eyes. "Your a real nice guy Jack. Which is rare given how we grew up." She chuckled, "And yer' a good kisser too. Any girl would be lucky to date you." Sera bit her lip thinking about it.

"I try my best." He muttered into her hair and smiled, caressing her gently. "Any guy would be lucky to date you too." He told her, then let go of her for a second and kissed her gently.

Seraphina kissed him back closing her eyes, after a few moments she pulled back to breathe and covered her mouth. "Date me." She looked at him determined and flushing red. "I-i mean if you want to. I know if our families find out then we're in trouble. But...I don't care, and they don't have to know. I-I know we just met but-"

Back