New User Good day everyone!

WimsyWillow

Lady of the Forest
It's so nice to meet you all!
As you can see I'm rather new. To the circle, not to role-playing. Though I might be new to how you folks do it..... ANYWAYS, we'll see.
My name is WimsyWillow, and you can call me either. I'm silly, happy, and a horrible speller. (Please, forgive me for that last one.)
I've been searching for a good site to role-play for quite a while now, and wonderful people to do it with.
I've only ever role-played with one other person before, and they decided to stop a few years ago. It left me sad and a little lost I'll admit. I'm quite disappointed in myself that it's taken me this long to get back in the swing of things.
A few things to note about me in regards to my writing style and preferences.
  • I will always type in full sentences, without abbreviations, and in full detail
  • I detest those that use text speak when role-playing. You're telling a story, it deserves full sentences.
  • I have a weakness for the Mid evil time period, especially if it's including magic into the universe
  • I also have a weakness for boy's love, or Yaoi for those that know what I'm talking about. (Most of you I hazard to guess.)
  • I tend to lean towards submissive or Uke characters myself, though I can play a dominant if asked and with the proper relationship.
  • Not all of my characters will be actively looking for a partner, and I ask that you ask me if you wish for our characters to have a relationship. (I treat my characters as real people, and expect you to think of them as such too (though I'd like to add that I'm under no delusions, I know they're all fictional, I just care deeply about them))
  • I find nothing appealing about overpowered characters. I like mine to be realistic (allowing for any magical abilities)
  • There are VERY few pr-existing characters I will role-play as. Almost none in fact. If you have one you'd like me to play, ask and I'll give a yes or a no. (My reasoning is that, due to my love of fanfiction, I usually have a certain way I see characters in a show or novel, and it displeases me when someone plays them differently then how I see them)
  • I tend to get very detailed with my posts, and that means that they get rather long. I'm afraid I'm not yet aware of any post length limits, so this could be interesting.
  • Those that I role-play with should understand that I expect lengthier posts from them as well, a few sentences simply will not do. I don't expect the length I write from anyone, but I will need something to build off of if I'm expected to respond.
I think that should do in the writing catagory for now, moving on to personal things.
  • Favorite Color: The green that shows on the forest floor when the light shines through the leaves.
  • Favorite Food: goulash (look it up if you don't know what it is)
  • Favorite Book: HAHAHA if you think i can pick one you're dead wrong
  • Favorite Author: Tamora Pierce. She is my Goddess
  • Favorite Smell: Wood smoke curling through crisp Autumn air.
  • Favorite Animal: Tiger.
  • Favorite Direction: Left
  • Favorite Stone: Labradorite
  • Favorite TV Show: Hannibal
  • OTP: Hannigram
Ask for any other favorites
More about me:
  • I'm female
  • I'm a lesbian
  • I love nature
  • I love kids
  • I'm into anime/manga
  • I'm NOT a feminist
  • I play video games
  • I want to write a book one day
  • I can not draw to save my life
  • I have a job so do not expect me to be on 24/7
This is really all I can think to say at the moment. If you have questions, feel free to ask.
I hope we all have fun together and write lots of wonderful stories.
Treat me well
~WimsyWillow

No worries, I just think too much and don't know how to keep anything short. You'll see if you ever role-play with me.

Whoah! Welcome!
What a nice, lengthy and organised intro!
In fact, as a greeting, I better be as polite and nice as possible!

But I won't because that's not who I am!

So have a
Wlcm OMG ur so cool gril lololol!

Oh you make me smile! Thank you so kindly for the welcome! It's wonderful to meet you and I hope your day is going wonderfully!
(so many exclamation marks o_O)

~WimsyWillow

Welcome to the neighborhood. We all appreciate and look forward to the meticulously detailed characters you bring to our community.

Welcome to the neighborhood. We all appreciate and look forward to the meticulously detailed characters you bring to our community.
(laughs nervously) Meticulous..... yeahhhhh......
Really though, I'll do my best! Your welcome is well appreciated and I can't wait to RP with all of you! x3

It's come to my attention while rereading my original post, that I seem a bit.... stiff. I also sound a little rude or high and mighty. I appologize profucely if I came off that way to anyone. I promise I'm looser than I sound.
Pointing out something specifically that bothered me about my post, post length.
As long as there's enough for me to build off of and it's well written, I won't have any problems with anything. I just noticed I sounded really bad while detailing my 'expectations' and I wanted to correct that.
We're all here to have fun and write stories and it was rather rude of me to detail 'expectations' like some lord or lady.
I apologize, and hope we all get along in the future!
Hope this cleared things up a little.
~WimsyWillow

Nonsense.

I took it at face value. You want to create stories. You want your characters to live and breathe and thrive (or at least be good at failing); you want the same thing for other characters with whom yours interacts. You want a collaborative effort because you have a passion for what you do.

It is... tedious and dispiriting to engage in a roleplay where the effort you put into a scene is not reciprocated. It may even be frustrating. I do completely understand the sentiment

Nonsense.

I took it at face value. You want to create stories. You want your characters to live and breathe and thrive (or at least be good at failing); you want the same thing for other characters with whom yours interacts. You want a collaborative effort because you have a passion for what you do.

It is... tedious and dispiriting to engage in a roleplay where the effort you put into a scene is not reciprocated. It may even be frustrating. I do completely understand the sentiment

I think you and I will be great friends. Thank you for that, your words were very uplifting and extremely true. Thank you. That meant a lot.

Back