Gods Among Men Gotham University

Saarai

Lord of Bondage and Pain
Benefactor
A prestigious college located on the outskirts of Gotham City, Gotham University is home to many great minds. The charity of the Wayne Foundation helped the university recover from stagnation following many of The Joker's reigns of terror, now Gotham U is better than it has ever been.

"Get out of my classroom." Jason demanded of the man standing in front of his desk, John Constantine. "Professor Blood? Appropriate name for a demonologist with a demon inside of him." Constantine said to the man, ignoring Jason's wish for him to leave.

Jason let out a sigh, placing his hands over his face. He was a middle-aged muscular man, well-dressed and sporting dark hair with a white streak through it.

He was the man you went to when you needed any information demons. Jason Blood had much experience with demons, having found himself the host of the Demon Etrigan at some point in his distant past.

"What do you want?" He asked Constantine, the blond-haired warlock sat down on Jason's desk and leaned towards him.

"I may have accidentally gotten my married to a vengeance demon, any ideas on how to get the out of that arrangement?" Constantine asked, "You're the absolute worst person I have ever met." Jason told the man.

"I'll help you, but please stay away from my work." Jason said, standing up from his seat and heading for the exit.

"Follow me to the library, and stay off of my desk."

Jenna was at the library, hidden away behind shelves one of the fluffy chairs. She was leaned over, reading her heavy textbooks that was resting on her lap, as she scribbled down notes for one of her math classes for her general credits. Cramming information in her head, and trying to understand, but at the end of the day, it wasn't really her strong point. No matter how much she tried, the numbers just didn't make sense to her. It was... irritating to say the least?

She sighed, before closing the textbook and the annotations with it, and shoving it in her book bag, deciding to continue this for later before she got too frustrated. No clue if it would help though. When did it ever? This wasn't a good sign for her GPA. This really wasn't a good sign.

Jason lead Constantine into the library, offering polite smiles and waves to his students. He'd become quite popular with then since starting his tenure.

It made sense, he helped them to defend themselves against the growing presence of the supernatural in Gotham and the rest of the world.

"Yo have better publicity than I do." Constantine noted, "That tends to happen when you don't ruin anyone's lives." Jason said, coming to stop at a bookshelf.

"I need to bring some of these to my class. Deals and arrangements with demons are far too common. My students need not fall for such trickery." The professor said, grabbing a few books from the shelf.

"These should help us, John." Jason said, only receiving silence. He turned to see that Constantine was gone. Up to some mischief, he figured.

Really, Constantine had found himself standing behind Jenna. "How do you do it?" He asked her, "I've never been one for university." The Englishman continued.

Jenna quickly craned her torso over the chair back, seeing someone utterly different to the setting. "Huh?" she muttered, at first not really getting the question. Her words sounded exhausted, as if she weren't sure of the answer herself, "I, uh, dunno, I just try and understand the material, I guess? H... Who are you, actually?"

"Constantine, John, Champion of Mankind." He introduced himself, earning a loud scoff from the approaching Jason.

"He's also leaving, we don't need to distract this young woman from her work." Jason said to the other man, "What's your best subject?" Constantine asked Jenna.

"We have a lot of reading to do, and six eyes are better than four." The Englishman said, much to the annoyance of Jason.

"My best subject...? It's probably... er..." Jenna trailed off, "It's probably... uh... well... Literature?" The end of that sentence strung up, more like a question than a definite statement. She glances over towards the professor, and was even more puzzled by their sudden and unusual appearance. Just what was this about? The girl was already distracted from her work, so... She squinted her eyes and continued, "Why are you here, then, if you're a champion of mankind?"

"Yes, why are you here, Champion?" Jason asked Constantine, "Touché." Constantine said to Jason and Jenna.

"Can you give her extra points if she helps us?" Constantine asked the other man, "We don't award points in university." Jason told him, "You should." Constantine retorted.

He grabbed a book from Jason, placing it down in front of Jenna. "Look for anything you can regarding contracts with demons, specifically matrimony. Marriages and the like." Constantine said to her.

"I'll owe you."

Jenna glanced at the book that was suddenly placed upon her lap. She picked it up, instinctively glancing at both sides of the book before facing herself towards the two men. "Hey, um, what?" Jenna questioned, confused at the sudden change of direction, "Uh, why would you need me to do that?"

"Mostly so I don't have to read it myself. I get easily distracted." Constantine told Jenna, "Besides, what are you doing that's more important than helping me get out of my arrangement?" He asked her, "Making something of herself." Jason answered for Jenna.

"Exactly. Nothing." Constatine continued.

Back