New User Greetings and Salutations

Geck0

Moooooosh
Hello, my name is Pokc. I am what you would call a 'fun guy'. I've been roleplaying for around two years now. I prefer sci fi but I'll happily do fantasy as well. I have a broad range of universal knowledge, in particular with fiction.

Not sure what else to say so I'll finish it here.

Welcome to the site!, I look forwards to seeing you around and joining a few of our roleplays as soon as your account Is approved.

Heyyyy! Welcome to the site. I hope you have fun here :> I'm not really sure how this site works myself so I can't help you there RIP. I guess you can snoop around Out of Character forums a bit?

Hi @Pokc and @Nyoom

Welcome to STC.

Just to let you know, we have an account approval process here. Step one is complete as you,very posted an introduction. Sounds like you'll fit right in. There are quite a few sci-fi type RPS here I believe.

Before you can RP, your account needs to be approved. You can still look at the RP sections and see what takes your interest, but to get approved you need to do this by posting and getting involved with the community. Posting in the Main Lobby, the creative forums and the Writer's Circle section are great ways to get involved.

If you need any help, just holla. I am at work, but will reply when I can or after 6pm GMT.

There is also a chat so come and say hello!

Have a great time here.

Cream.

Like Cream stated, you basically just got to wait for your account to be approved by an Admin. Once that happens you have free reign on the site to make and join as many RP's as you desire. But, that doesn't mean you still can't make plans in the chat room below. :3 Also, Sci-Fi is one of our more popular genre's that people express interest for, so you should fit in fine.

Anyways, I like to ask newcomers from Ice Breaker questions. Helps with the whole "getting to know you" bit with joining, so...

1) What is your favourite RP Experience/Genre?
2) What is so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?
3) When you say you're a 'fun' guy? So you mean spending time with friends anytime at all? Or do you mean you F.U.N (Fire, Uranium, No Survivors)?

In seriousness though I'd say my favorite would be Tokyo Ghoul, it was the first major one I did and it has serious nostalgia value for me.

I can relate to that. Early in my own RP career I was running a Star Wars Universe RP which lasted about 2 years, lots of memories were had even if the writing was awful. XD

You ever go back and re-read your old Nostalgic RPs?

Reading back on them feels less nostalgic and more cringy to be honest.

I had a terrible scale of power in Tokyo Ghoul at the time so all my characters were either brutally underpowered or hidden overpowered.

Yea, I can get that. Old content usually has some cringe to it.

Though to be fair, insane power levels tend to be a trope with anime. :p

It was less insane powerlevels and more about crazy work-arounds that I and some others worked out. The forum ended up becoming an arms race for most op character with people directly building counters to one another.

That's still something I've noticed tends to pop up with anime. Well, that or punch them really really hard.

Then again, in the Star Wars deal I made a five year old so powerful he could hijack and destroy TIE Fighters, so... I think we're both guilty of poor balancing. XD

I try to avoid it as much as possible but I still end up giving my characters all the weapons :p

Back