• The Ferret.

• Ferrets, of course.

• None other than the Mighty Ferret!

• A business... Of Ferrets.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nilum

The Wanderer Returned
Benefactor
Ah, this introductions things. Not my forté, but, alas, it should be done. So I will do my best to be as informative as possible without droning on for eternity.

Personal: I'm a Canadian. I live in Alberta, where the oil and terrible economy is. In terms of personal responsibilities, I attend post-secondary institution and work a job in the security industry, where I work at events--like concerts, hockey games, and so on. (Go ahead and ask me for a story on those, I can deliver them so long as I remove specific person's names.) Some weeks I have tons of spare time. Other weeks, I'm pulling 50+ hours and screaming at the public transit system to move faster than the speed of not-whatsoever.

I speak my mind freely, though always strive for respect on occasions that demand it. I would rather be unpopular and honest, than popular and deceitful. That being said, I don't like being a total fuckin' car wreck of a human being either--so if I'm doing something that drives any of y'all nuts, you let me know.

Oh, yeah, and I cover up emotional scars by being the living incarnation of the deadpan snarker, and through lots of creative writing. Like lots of other people, cuz' I ain't that special.

I've brought a crew'o'folks with me. You've probably met a few of them already. Folks like @Kadaeux.

History with role playing: Blah blah elitism blah blah royal academy blah blah superiority complex blah blah.

Oh, right, a serious answer.

I've been writing and role playing for over a decade now. It all started with a child diving into his Dad's basement and stumbling on his Dad's AD&D set. From that point onward, a feverish love of storytelling gripped this child the likes of which couldn't be cured by time nor age.

I have been a GM for most of that time. I have a great deal of experience creating and maintaining role plays into the long term. I can brag about completing a four and a half year long role play, I suppose, if you consider lucking upon players willing to see it through a skill on my part. My first objective is and always has been to evoke emotions in what I write, even if it takes time to set up. Whether that be through compelling NPC's, an interesting and well fleshed out world, tough decisions for the players to struggle through, or otherwise.

As for quality (since that's an inevitable question that crops up), I could care less about length--it is irrelevant. It's what you do with it that counts.

(Though seriously I usually ask for a paragraph or more because three lines is not hard to ask for, eh'?)

Why are you here?: Because... And, here comes the awkward truth... I was banned from the last forum I was on. There's no sense in lying about that here, to you fine folks. I made a few stupid mistakes, not properly understanding the rules and environment I was in, and paid the price for it--ending a two year long stay there abruptly. My players, however, surprisingly, decided to stay with me. For one reason or another, they're stubbornly loyal to me in spite of my own stupidity.

So, rather than mope about it, I decided to dust myself off, pack up my role plays, and move elsewhere. I wanted to find a place where me and my players could really feel welcome. We searched through a lot of sites together, went through about 20-30 sites all in all. Narrowed it down to 11 choices. When I reached this one, I became fascinated by the staff bios, the amount of effort put into moving over role plays from another site I don't really know. I saw the effort, more importantly, I saw that y'all wanted to grow this site up from scratch.

@Tiko from what I gather of her bio and what brief conversation we had? Left her old home to start this one, and took her role plays with her.

I was banished from my old home, found this place, and decided to take my role plays with me.

How does that one phrase go? "Birds of a feather, fly together" I think?

I'm not perfect. I make mistakes sometimes, and my writing can always stand to improve. The stories I've worked on for years, can always stand to improve. I'm an egotist obsessed with perfection who spends hours and hours editing a single post only to miss the most basic of typos and feel like a moron for doing so. However, this place seems nice, and it really seems like the administrators want to grow it out into something more than what it is. So, it seems like I can actually do something here.

I can bring my players here with me and grow this site, and in exchange, get a place to settle down and bring over my role plays and build it all up again. That sounds like a mutually beneficial relationship right there. So I'm gonna stay here a while and see how things go... Should be fun, no?

tl;dr: Someone burned my fucking house down. I saw y'all had a nice piece of foundation in your neighbourhood to build a house on it. I'm building a house on it.

Gosh, I don't even know where to begin with all of you rolling in at once! I'll do my best though!

As Nilum surmised we did indeed pack up and leave our old stomping grounds to set this place up. Largely due to a pointed lack of seeing eye to eye with how the staff were treating users at our last haunt. I can't complain though :) If Storyteller's Circle is what came out of it, then I don't regret a day of it.

And you can't know how pleased I am to see so many new faces rolling in to setup shop so soon after opening our doors.

That and you all remind me of myself from about two years ago when I was migrating a rather large roleplay and a bunch of users from a floundering site to a new one. Was a massive undertaking! Unfortunately it was only met with disappointment in the long run.

For you guys though, it is my sincere hope that this will be your only move and that you'll come to call this place home, and we will do whatever we can to make your transition to Storyteller's Circle as smooth as possible.

Wow! So you're the ringleader of the gang. Nice to meet you!

You really do remind me of our group two years back, as well. I really hope that you guys settle here and find it a welcoming environment. I'm really excited to see what you guys have to offer, you really have no idea!

Whoa. I feel I know you from some place else. o.o

I'm really glad that you and your merry band decided to give us a look. :) If there is anything any of us can help make the move easier, don't hesitate to ask! And welcome to the Circle!

Back