New User Greetings everyone

Bartholomew

Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.
The name is Bartholomew and I'm new here. A little about myself I've been a writer for about thirteen years and a roleplayer for seven of those. I first got into writing when I was fourteen and since then I've been addicted to the written word. I've found myself quite fond of horror stories- writing and reading them. I'll do anything from supernatural to slasher, it doesn't matter to me. With that being said, I don't bite at all- I would like to consider myself a nice person. I hope to meet some of you and write some stories and make some new friends.

Hey, great to meet you. So, have you read the new user guide? What kind of role plays do you like to write? 1x1, or group role player? Those are just a few questions to get started. I'll pepper you with more later.

I glanced at it, but I focused more on the rules as to not ruin my chance before I even get started. I come from Facebook so I'm usually a 1x1 kind of roleplayer. As for the roleplays? I'm a horror writer so I usually incorporate that in somewhere. Ask me anything, I'll answer as honestly as I can

I did the creepy thing and went to check out your other posts. Looks like you've got the gist of things pretty well. So, here comes the parade of questions.

1. Have you ever experimented with 1x1 roleplays outside of horror?
2. How did you find that horror was your favorite genre to write?
3. Is your favorite color black or grey?
4. What is your favorite movie?
5. Is Soccer, or American Football better? (This question does have a right and wrong answer.) ;)
6. Do you likes cats, or dog better?
7. How did you find STC?

Was that enough tough questions? Oops, I guess that was another question. Oh well. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to your response.

1. Yes I have. I've done slice of life, sci-fi and action.
2. I've always loved the horror genre. My first horror movie was IT with Tim Curry and I fell in love with the genre since. I started writing when I was fourteen and horror just seemed to be the platform.
3. Technically neither are a color, more of a shadow or absence of color. My favorite color is green and my favorite shade is black.
4. My favorite movie? That's a tough one but if I had to choose? The Thing with Kurt Russel. It's so dark, menacing and creepy. The practical effects allowed it to age well and the paranoia within the movie's innards is what really gives it its atmosphere. You could have any movie with an assimilating alien, but none would match up with The Thing. Could watch it a million times over and never grow bored of it.
5. Neither. I'm not much of a sports fan. If I had to choose, though? Soccer. American Football can get old after awhile.
6. I love all animals. My cat is laying on me as I respond. My dog is laying in the living room.
7. I did a Google search for roleplay websites and this popped up.
8. You're fine. If you have anymore please feel free to ask

Last edited:
Well, you passed. Soccer is superior and cats and dogs are both great. I have a dog and want a cat too, but I don't think it would be a very harmonious mix at this time. You were a pretty good sport about my randomness there. Answer about the colors was brilliant and shady. Lol

Back