New User Greetings fellow storytellers!

Hello everyone!

I'm IGW, or you can call me Wild. I'm from Belgium and I love writing. Writing to me is a great escape from the real world. I've been writing for a good decade by now but I'm very rusty as I haven't roleplayed or been in the communities since before Covid. >.>
Even worldbuilding or writing stories just feels like bleh at the moment. But, I still wanna have fun so let me entertain you with tales of cringe as I explored the writing world when I was younger.

It all began back when I played World of Warcraft. It was either during the Burning Crusade or the Wrath of the Lich King, can't remember too well. I was browsing the servers and for some reason I only then noticed the 3 labels they had. PVP, PVE, and RP. So I asked my brother,

"Bro?"
-"Yea?"
"What does RP-[Server] mean?"
-"That's when you play with a story."
"What do you mean 'a story'?"
-"You know. You play a character that's in a story."

See....I'm blonde. I legit thought at the time that WoW had a secret 'Storymode' in their game. A server, all to myself! Boy, was I disappointed. And horrified! Never travel to Goldshire at night. Shivers

So I kept playing in the RP servers and that's how I learned what roleplaying was by just eavesdropping on people's roleplays. It looked interesting and fun so I decided to play as well. After a few trials and error I finally understood some of the unspoken rules/etiquette of roleplaying. So I created my blind warlock with her seeing-eye imp on a mission to stop her twin sister turned evil warlock of sholomance.

At some point I switched games to Guild Wars 2 and played a Cantha Human Lightning Thief (elementalist) who hopped many story arcs. Thief --> cultist--> Slave - Slave smuggler--> pregnant waifu to a [player]guard of some town outside of Lion's Arc. She was less cringe but I was all over the place, instead of using new characters to explore stories I kept using the same one. It's also in this game that I made the edgiest dommest dom of doms male character, and underworld druglord/people trafficker Necromancer.

I hopped onto another game then called 'The Secret World' and played an immortal sorceress. My writing improved thankfully. But I had decided that I had outgrown Chatrp's. The chatboxes weren't big enough anymore.

And that's how I started to explore Forums. Mostly general forums cause it allowed more freedom for making settings and types of characters. But now I look at all my character profiles and story prompts gathering dust and I just don't connect to any of them anymore. I think my hiatus broke that connection. So I decided to hop on some rp sites to try and rekindle the flame.

Hello IGW!

Welcome to Storyteller's Circle! That's quite the auspicious RP beginning. I too once stumbled upon RP server Goldshire once upon a time. Woe is me, that was my second RP stop anywhere else, with the first being the Runescape forums of all places. As Illidan said, I was not prepared. Never actually attempted to RP within an MMO again, but it sounds like I missed out a bit.

I can empathize all too well with the feeling of watching older projects seem alien to you after long pauses from writing. But take heart! I have recently found out that it is not impossible to bring back those dusty representations of a wide eyed past. Even more, with newfound experience I found that now was the time that I had grown into the size of storyteller needed to honestly attempt the endeavor. May it one day also be the same for you!

Please let me or any of our site staff know if you need help with anything around the site. We do have a brief introduction period before you can post in the RP areas, but I already see you interacting with the community posts, so it won't be long before that's set. I hope STC becomes the campsite where you rekindle the flame!

Thank you for the welcome! I hope it rekindles the flame as well. ^^
I'm already working on a request thread and hashing out some story prompts for the future. :D

Back