Grossest/weirdest things that almost made you quit a RP?

So I did a few RP's with this one guy on a diffrent forum. And it was just weird and annoying. He only had two characters, Himself and this shark lady. And he would put himself in the middle of an rp, OUT OF THE BLUE!, then use his shark lady, who shouldn't have been there in the first place! to defeat himself. And on top of that, I needed to tell him that he was god modding and too op and all the stuff your not suppose to be. So I caught him in the chat room and he said something along the likes of, 'If you've got a problem, then work it out with my character.' Then proceeded to talk to me as his character. Now, I never reall 'quit' persay, but this kid drove 4 seperate RP's in to the ground.

When I told a guy I was RPing with that I didn't want to act out the dirty scenes. I told him that we could say stuff like "fades to darkness as we discover new parts of each other" or something cheesey like that. Instead, he proceeded to play out the entire scene by controlling me and forcing my character to do things. -.-

Someone once decided they'd try to roleplay their waterplay kink with me. They persisted even after I said no, so I left. Same person ended up infecting a few other chatrooms, unfortunately...

This happened to a friend, actually, but someone hacked her account on some rping site when she was pretty young, and did absolutely no sex rp's.

Her account got hacked, and the person who hacked her got really into a sex rp, and she deleted her account and left.

I'm the type of person who can do anything. Combat, gore, sexual content, I generally don't have anything that makes me cringe or feel sick. Though one thing I cannot deal with is rape content and anything of a forced sexual variety.

Just some light vore as you do most days.

The RPer himself is actually really fun to play with, just a few potholes to avoid if you don't like that stuff.

Well, so far my rp experience has been okay, but then again, I've only been doing this for a month or so.

Here's what got me hooked though:
(This was a TWD style zombie apocalypse rp, great group of people.)
The worst it's gotten was the creepiest, most psychotic rp character I had heard. So naturally, David (My character) had a dark backstory with him in it. When he saw him, even though he was usually a nice guy, broke into a full on sprint to kill this guy. The rest of the group, confused, followed. Turns out the villainous psychopath had set traps, and actually killed a man. David ran up onto the balcony, and proceeded to engage in a fight to the death (Which was a fun first experience with rp combat), ending with the two falling off the balcony. So then, I decided to describe in detail their injuries. David killed the psycho, but was so badly injured and in pain, one character proceeded to knock my character out, perform surgery on his leg (It was mangled, the bone was broken, and he had a rusty piece of rebar sticking through it.) with a safety pin and fishing line. And they even cauterized the wound, gave him a splint using a rifle (Hopefully empty) and it ended up with the whole group splitting up, David having an emotional breakdown, and then shooting himself with a S&W .500 (My weapon of choice in rps, if you haven't noticed yet. It's just a big flippin revolver, with a big flippin bullet.) spraying blood all over the room. But not before he reflected on the fact that he had stepped up as a leader and at every turn, failed his group. I even left off with a cliffhanger, that he wanted to go to a friends private airfield. Private airfield, as in dirt strip next to guy's house far from the city. The moral conflict was great though, the characters were well played, despite minimal character sheets, and well, it got me hooked.

Who knows? Maybe the group got there?

Well... as I have mentioned in another thread... I once roleplayed with a group that had a rather hormonal character. Rather, as in excessive. Well, I mainly shifted the topic a lot, but the writer was... insistent. I find it excessive to this day. I incorporate some forms of romance, and I can write some very steamy interactions, but there is a time, a place, and a style for it. None of those three were met, unfortunately. Did I quit? No, but it was difficult to re-orientate the focus onto plot. So, that is a bad memory for me.

I am lucky enough to not have experienced something while roleplaying that has made me want to quit. I haven't quite delved into the more erotic types but gore wise I'm pretty good at holding it in. I admire a well developed scene, even if it has some questionable themes around it. As long as they aren't incorporating stuff like that just for the sake of it :)

So I haven't had that many bad experiences, but this was definitely one of the worst. It turned me off of 1x1 for a long time. Keep in mind that I was young and wasn't trying to do anything sexual.

Basically my rp partner wanted to be a tentacle creature and "do stuff." I was like 12yrs old and didn't exactly understand what they were doing, so I went along. Once I figured it out, I made up a stupid excuse (I specifically remember it being about cake) so I could leave. It was honestly so weird.

Some partners i had tought it was normal to abuse an underaged character, or forcing a non-interested in romance character into forced sex..

or they forced me to play as either the love-interest, or a character i don't want to play as (and insisted to 'changing my mind', wich failed),

i was about to give up for good, until i left the crappy communities, honestly, the harrasment and lack of respect for a choice were strong..

I've had a few odd experiences, some of them were pretty ok. I like pregnancy as one of the side plots of the stories, but seeing people who want a woman having twenty kids at once, while having....pleasured experiences is a bit weird for me.

I don't like roleplaying romance very much anymore...mostly because of bad experiences with people XD
I like relationships to develop gradually...but most of the time people enforce it and ruin the fun.

Here are some of my strange encounters.

Situation one:
I had two characters within a group rp, one was in a relationship with this person's character (a forced ship.... -_- ) and the other had been possessed.
So this person decided that the best way to undo the possession on my other character would be to make out with them. You know, because that's the logical way to snap a person out of possession...
The character in a relationship with theirs wasn't that far away either...
talk about god-modding and awkward.

Situation two:
During a group rp I had some wolves attack the camp. I had one wolf that I mainly used and this one person loved the wolf so much they threatened me...and that wolf became a werewolf just so that person could ship their character with it or else...
o_O yeah I didn't rp with that person again.

Situation three:
I had a side character who was my main characters little brother.
My main character was at the hospital with a hurt friend, who was about to die, and this other person's OC was left to watch the younger brother.
This rp was very intense and serious....so this person thought it would be a good and fun idea to molest the younger brother in very disturbing ways, you know to 'lighten the mood'

Yeah no....

I can't hardly stomach trying to find 1x1's anymore because I'm always afraid of what lies under the sheets of the Fade to Black...
Someone I had a decent albeit short roleplay with once kept pestering me to have another one but they would just completely lift the plot off of something else, without trying to be original at all...

I think I awkwardly turned down like four of their attempts because they were all popular webcomic plots at the time.

Outside of that Godmodding is my worst nightmare,
The unwanted shitpost that won't leave

A charater of mine shot another, then the shot character then acted like he liked it, like sexually. It was weird and I just got out of there immediately.

They never actually made me quit, mainly because I avoid writers who are open about it, but the weirdest things I've come across in Tolkien role-play are incest pairings, particularly those involving Thorin and his nephews or Fili and Kili. It's gross, but if you object to it, then people call you homophobic.

This one is from a personal experience - a writer had made an oc sister of Fili and Kili (they hadn't been a part of rps before, but had just created the character and expected people to accept them. I accepted it just to be polite, but wasn't really bothered about the character. If it had been discussed before hand, then I wouldn't mind an oc relative, but on the place where I rped there seemed to be alot of assumed imposition going on and I think that it was due to the way the website is set up, more than people deliberately being awkward, but some people are just pests.) Things seemed at first, but the writer started acting weird with my Kili, and I got the feeling that they wanted my character to molest or physically abuse her. This became apparent when she role-played with other versions of Kili, and other characters like Thorin and Fili. It turns out that the writer was underage (or they claimed to be, anyway, but I think even that was suspect.)

It seems from what people are saying here that they have a problem with forced sexual encounters (usually with their character being the victim), but I thought I'd share this to show that the other can happen, too.

I don't like lewd roleplays in general anyway and avoid them like the plague but that was something else.

A bit of advice for people to protect themselves in 1x1 rps - do not rp via pms and e-mail. Always keep it in the open where others can read it. That should hopefully stop unwanted rps from taking place. If a rper makes you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to write with them and never let people make you write a ship you don't want to do.

For a long while I role-played with this rper who pretended that they were two different writers and controlled two very powerful characters which they used to control and bully people they rped with. (I won't call 'em friends, because you don't do that to people who are your friends.) I have no problem with people playing different characters and even having them interact with each other, but it must be open and clear and not done in a way that controls how other people rp. The manipulation with 'secret' accounts can go as far as effecting how successful other rpers in the group are and that goes too far.

I got a character out of a convoluted plot by having her get injured and sick, and when this writer revealed to me she wanted my character to become impregnated with some apocalyptic child, I said no way in heck and put my character at death's door. Besides, that RP was already so full of pregnancies and multiple births anyway it was really getting annoying. If someone wants their own character to get pregnant, that's their decision, but they should definitely not try to scheme/trap someone else's character into it without the other writer being fully on board with it.
Then there was this other writer who could come up with the most twisted ideas. I'd just get through with one exhausting situation, and she'd come up with another that was just as hellish and cringy. She had two different women, on two different occasions, begging to get beat up because they thought it would make the world a better place somehow - and all because they were riddled with guilt and fear thanks to some sadistic creep she just loved and couldn't get enough of. Even when she and I tried ring on different lists, that I ran, which had much lighter settings, she still found a way to ram this creep in by the back door. through some character's nightmares, which one of my characters would always have to suffer through hearing about. When I managed to separate those characters, she rped on another list with me and tried to manipulate things in order to bring him back via inverted parallel universe deal where he was supposed to be a good guy now, and one of my characters, who had been his sworn enemy, was supposed to save him.
She did too many other things as well, and one of those was writing every evil character with a ton of attitude, and every character who was decent, had absolutely no guts and/or no power. And when her characters supposedly turned from bad to good, she also went from tough talking, swaggering "Nobody's the boss of me!" to a sickeningly simpering spineless wuss.
On another list I ran, there was this extreme Mary Sue, and it was hard to tell writer and character apart. She got on the list and posted a horrific fan fiction where everybody in the series the list was about, was godmoded into catering to her character's every whim and wild, irrational mood swings. And her character trash-talked, misbehaved, treated everyone like crap while feeling terribly sorry for herself. And get this. she was blind, but could tell when someone looked at her dress. She hauled some boy out on a dance floor, too. In an unfamiliar setting I might add. And wow did her writer ever blow a thousand gaskets when I told her that her "blind" character was not realistic, nor was she going to get away with acting like that. She made ridiculous excuses, told me that allowances should be made for the "poor little blind orphan" and then she resorted to personal attacks. I kicked her off the list and shut it down since people were more interested in shipping on other lists. Bleckh.
On another list, a writer tried to make her characters the centre of the whole setting. So much that the main canon character's life would end if her original character's did. It was all really convoluted. And she threw some kink into things too. She also tried to get a romance going between one of my characters and one of hers (a human version of a canon character that was actually an ape). I wasn't into it. She also had a thing for bad boys. And British accents/dialects. Gosh, that got annoying. Ape Boy was assigned a Cockney accent. I tried extracting my character out of her character's story by bringing in a new doctor for my character, who had gotten sick. But she just included him in her plot, gave him an especially stuffy manner of British speak that didn't suit him, I mean, he was almost sounding like someone perpetually reciting Shakespeare.
So, there have been some things that were really cringy, and a bunch of other stuff that just piled up until I'd had it and called it quits with the various people involved.

Whoa. That really sucks. Especially that second writer who almost seemed to be stalking you, popping up in several RPs. Hopefully you'll find safer waters here. Welcome to the site, by the way.

Back