Grossest/weirdest things that almost made you quit a RP?

Whoa. That really sucks. Especially that second writer who almost seemed to be stalking you, popping up in several RPs. Hopefully you'll find safer waters here. Welcome to the site, by the way.
Yes. I became convinced more and more that she had some kind of issues. We were both fans of some of the same TV shows and books that we had grown up with, but that she could manage to turn them right on their head and into an outrageous amount of suffering for one character.Much of the time, she'd send me her ideas, and after picking my horrified jaw off the floor, I'd be shaking my head "Where the hex does she come up with all this morbid crap?" And when I refused to do a custody battle plot (that kind of plot hits a really raw nerve with me) she couldn't understand. I said after our epic take down of this thoroughly evil character who had been hanging around, having his way far too long, I wanted to get some more light-hearted, even comedic, and more normal and interesting character interactions and plots going. Then she said "Comedy? Like" and then she suggested the absolute lamest episode in the TV show we were rping at the time. *Facepalm*
But the parallel universe thing was finally what did it. I mean, it makes no sense. Character A had every reason to hate Character B. with all she had in her. After so many months of rping about the various things B did to that writer's characters, when B. finally kicked the bucket, now she wanted to bring him back, with the same name, same appearance, only as a good guy in a parallel universe that my Character A. was supposed to help out, because the goodness of her heart. Oh, and all the characters that were on one side in the story were now going to be on the other in the parallel universe.
Didn't help that my Character A. already experienced a nervous breakdown because this writer just kept wearing her down with stories about the eternal hell of her own characters.
What it came down to was we had a couple fanbases in common, but she was into some things that made me cringe cringe cringe. Naturally, conflict is good. But a great wall of constant depravity, morbidity and gloom? Not so much. she also tried getting writers who weren't getting along, into writing with her and with each other. That really didn't work. It's one thing to have trouble-starting within the fiction itself. It's another to do it out of character, and all in the name of writing, as if that is sacred. Writing is supposed to be fun. And it sure wasn't with her by the time I finally bailed without looking back. Oh, and for all her love of the evil creepy characters, her favourite character of mine was the one I call Character A here. The most sweet innocent one of my lot at the time.

When I first got into roleplaying, I'd always do it in a hack n' slash MMO I used to play since that was where I found out of this thing (And I guess I was too lazy to just google a website at the time...). Eventually, I had so much fun with it, that I'd boot up the game just to either open up or join an roleplaying room. But, that soon got ruined for me because of one single player. Basically, he randomly pop into a room and when he'd see female characters in said room, he'll automatically jump into the rp and...basically be a pervert and harass them.Ugh..I don't wanna admit this, but I actually let him join an rp one time when I was new to whole thing and didn't know he did stuff like that at the time...

Now that I know better, I kick him out of the room whenever I see him and lock it so he can't get back in.

Cant think of any, my weird/gross tolerance is very high! You'd have to be a seriusly fucked-up and creatively insane mind, to make something so gross/weird that I'd quit the RP!

Now if you go the other way around, and make the RP too lovey-doey-schmoozy-woozy - that might make me leave it faster hehe :D

Really, the only thing that's ever made me quit an rp flat out was a really shitty community. The owners of the group were especially very cliqueish and often ridiculed me for my performances and such, so I ended up just leaving that group altogether lol

Reading all of these, I realize that I was just good at avoiding any of those weird situations.

The strangest thing that ever happened to me was that I once had a completely nude, 10-foot tall demi-god walk up to my character and stick his 3 foot long, prehensile... member in their face. My character responded by giving it a handshake. Thankfully he didn't stay very long. It was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen in that place, but it didn't bother me that much.

I know I posted before, but something else happened to me recently on another site that I can't ignore.

Basically, I was doing a romance rp between a vampire (my character) and a werewolf. However, instead of making an interesting (and cliche) story about forbidden live, my partner kept godmoding his way out of every single situation I make just so he can make creepy sex scenes involving our characters. Even after I told him many times that I don't do sexual content (I think the most I do is Fade To Black and implications). It got so out of hand that at one point when I had my character not want to see his again, he tried to make a full on rape scene because of 'uncontrollable feral instincts.'

I was once roleplaying as a low-libido cheerful yet badass demoness character, and when we were setting up the roleplay, it all looked very promising. Literate, enthusiastic, etc. The other person's character was a knight who had been sent to kill her even though she'd done nothing wrong, because the villagers had spotted her and got spooped.

Started off fine, until he tried to fatten up my character by using his necromancy to force-feed her lost souls? I have no clue how it got there, but I quickly caught on to what he was doing and went 'can we not' and he ignored me sooo... Yah, I left.

When I did MxF I had a slave/master roleplay... and he put like tiny spiders inside of her?
I just... I left real quick after that happened...

I was doing this 1x1 a few years back with this one guy. It was supposed to be like some sort of hurt-comfort type romance between our characters (my characters older brother died and his character was his best friend who was gonna try and cheer her up). It wound up that his character kidnapped mine and tried to make her dress and be like his younger twin sister who died (and who apparently was his incestuous lover). It was...it was something.

Then there was this time I was getting ready to do a Danganronpa OC/OC rp, but it wound up turning into me rping a bunch of DR girls to be my partner's harem. Tbh I should've seen the red flags when he asked for my OC to have big boobs.

I was doing this 1x1 a few years back with this one guy. It was supposed to be like some sort of hurt-comfort type romance between our characters (my characters older brother died and his character was his best friend who was gonna try and cheer her up). It wound up that his character kidnapped mine and tried to make her dress and be like his younger twin sister who died (and who apparently was his incestuous lover). It was...it was something.

Then there was this time I was getting ready to do a Danganronpa OC/OC rp, but it wound up turning into me rping a bunch of DR girls to be my partner's harem. Tbh I should've seen the red flags when he asked for my OC to have big boobs.
Yuck... That sounds like it got really dark and creepy, really quickly...

As for me? One time I was doing a Military based RP with a friend who's character was promoting mine to Admiral of a Capital Ship. (It was a Sci-Fi based RP) I then discovered that they used that to get their character to basically fall in love with them and do romance RP with them despite me mentioning beforehand that I was not interested in that. It was just the way they were using the RP to "get off" that made me quit that RP, and the fact it made me feel a bit sick to discover that.

I played Ultimate Spiderman once.

Someone asked Ultimate Spiderman to do things that made me uncomfortable to their PCs

I said 'no, that makes me uncomfortable' and wished the guy a nice day.

It would have felt grossly out of character for Peter anyway, and the characters involved were superman level so realistically they'd have flicked him and he'd be spider splatter.

I think we all already had that one roleplay partner that suddenly turned out to be kinda weird or gross, that almost, or actually did make us quit the RP.

For me, I once had a partner I roleplayed very long with, we had serveral characters living in a mansion together, I was 12-16 at that time and the Rp was overall pretty cringy, but at one point one of her characters somehow transformed into a furry monster and proceeded to lay eggs into my male character.

Note that our roleplay has never really contained heavy sexual contend, up to that point.

After unsuccessfully asking her to NOT do stuff like that as I didn't like it, I quit the RP.
So it actually made me continue rp- lets get in depth.
My friend had a character, a moderately normal one, and the character was depressed. Me, as an annoying an unreasonable 8th grader, gave the character these antidepressants. My friend immediately decided to have her down the entire bottle, literally making her crazy to this day. We had several google docs, each one with around 300 or so pages, so you can see it never really got old. My character made hers the one that literally nobody would EVER want to meet irl. And to this day, we reference Rais, the girl that spun her head thousands of degrees while simultaneously smacking her head on another chars foot while licking their knee. It was fun.

So this one time I was rping with this person on another forum in a 1x1 and they tried to get their character to do something involving the foot fetish on mine and asked me about it shortly after we started (they also used first person, something that I'm a bit nitpicky about tbh) and I told them no, but they kept asking anyway after I told them no twice and I just stopped resonding cause it irritated me.

Other than that I can't think of anything else other than the cringe that was my early days of rping lol.

Last edited:
Back