When Two is One Grounds Residential

Lucius was silent for a moment, uncertain of what Karsin expected. Then, a hint of a smile formed on his lips and he looked up at his friend. “He has the same stupid grin,” he remarked, grinning as he said it. His tone for once was lighthearted, or at least relative to his usual tone. “You’re lucky to have such a caring father,” he said now with a more serious tone.” He made no motion as Dawson went about the house clearly uncertain of social conventions.

Karsin beamed proudly though before he could say anything his father returned now carrying two steaming rolls, both looking fresh made despite the lack of an oven in their home. Each roll was cut in half, inside brimming with juicy ham, crisp lettuce, and the best looking cheese you’ve ever seen. Handing one to both Karsin and Lucius he gave a chuckle, “Well I was planning to tell you when I got home, but I got a raise! I used some of my extra cash to get these for us, and seeing we have a guest it is only fair he gets some as well.” Dawson explained his smile growing as he watched Karsin stare in awe at the sand which. They often didn’t get very good food and having something as nice as this was a real treat.

When Karsin's face lit up Lucius knew he'd said the right thing. That was quite a relief considering how much he struggled with socializing these days. It was significantly easier to deal with people in a combative environment where one had to plan their enemy's defeat not play a game of words and faces second-guessing every thought, every emotion.

Lucius accepted the sandwich gratefully and munched on it with a hunger-induced vigor. "Thank you Mr. Turgrenta," he said politely. And uh," he stammered. "Congratulations on your raise. I'm sure it was well-deserved." The sandwich wasn't large, but the fillings were quite good and Lucius found himself feeling a bit rejuvenated. "Well, we should probably get going if we're to be back in time." His eyes met Karsin's and he idly ran a hand down the leg of his trousers.

“Of course of course! Mustn’t keep you two.” Dawson said his smile even stronger than Karsin’s, yet not as over bearing as his son. “Karsin you be safe, and please try not to burst your friend’s eardrums will you” Dawson saidletting out a hearty laugh as Karsin turned a bright shade of red and mumbled, “I am not that loud.”. Turning back to Lucius Dawson gave on last smile before he turned around and shut the door heading back inside the house. Karsin who had already gotten over his little embarrassment turned around to face Lucius. “So we ready to go?” He asked eagerly.

Last edited:
Lucius turned his gaze on Karsin, his steely eyes scrutinizing the boy. He appeared lost in thought as he considered the task they were about to undertake and the implications of such an illegal venture. Not to mention the numerous potential dangers that would be posed not only to himself, but this 17-year-old as well. The kid was so full of life Lucius couldn't imagine how he would feel if something should happen to him during this mission. Perhaps it would not come to that after all; No, Lucius would make certain of that. He nodded, slowly, deliberately. "Ready," he said finally after a long silence. He said the word in a low tone, emotionless, all business.

Karsin didn’t really like how long Lucius stared at him, but ingoring his gut he decided to trust in his friend. “Alright, you lead the way.” He said his grin taking on a more determined look as he spoke.

As dawn draws to a close, morning arrives and with it, some renewed festivities. A festival known as The Adoption Day held by Mary Jane's Home for Displaced Children is being started in the city square. Festivities, food, games and most importantly couples or parents looking to adopt are heavily encouraged to attend as the Home offers interviews with children in order to adopt.

Night came and passed and nothing happened. The Garrison remained undistirbed and unscathed at least from the two investigators. This was because they’d elected not to go on such short notice and instead postponed their infiltration for another night. Lucius had left to crash at his own place and now stood at his friend’s door just as the suns rays began to permeate the sky. He knocked, tensing as he awaited a response.

Karsin laid on his bed, his body thrown onto it in a position that most certainly be uncomfortable if he was awake. At the sound of a knock at his door Karsin spring out of bed letting out a yelp as he tumbled to the floor, his father on the other hand managed to get up much more gracefully. Rubbing his eyes, Dawson quickly threw on some pants and a shirt before opening the door. “Ye- oh morning Lucius” he started letting out a yawn.

Lucius stood face to face with the stout figure of Dawson Turgrenta. “Morning,” he said gruffly, stroking his beard thoughtfully. “I take it Karsin is still asleep.” It was more of a statement than a question and he chose not to wait for a response. His hand extended revealing a slip of loose leaf paper which he handed to the older man. “This is my address,” he said, wasting no time on the exchange of pleasantries. “Please pass it along to him. Tell him to find me when he wakes up.” With that he turned sharply on his heel, though he hesitated a moment before turning his gaze back over his shoulder in Dawson’s direction. “Thank you,” he said in a tone that was more courteous than pleasant. He was, after all, all business.

Karsin who had climbed back into his bed, perked up at the sound of their visitor’s voice, something about it sounding strangely familiar yet he was much to tired to place it. Shrugging this feeling off he laid back down to try and get more sleep, but before he could he felt his father gently set his hands on Karsin’s arm and shake him softly. Letting out a groan Karsin sat up, his hair a mess and eyes half shut, “What is it?” He asked slowly letting out a long yawn as he spoke. “Your friend Lucius came by, left this for you” Dawson spoke sounding equally tired though he was much better at not showing it. Sluggishly Karsin accepted the note and began to read it. As if by magic the more Karsin read the more awake he felt, a smile creeping across his face with every word. Jumping out of bed Karsin rushed towards the closet in a complete rush to get ready. His father gave an amused chuckle and with a wave of his hand he returned to his bed. All thoughts of going back to sleep had completely left Karsin on the other hand, and gathering his clothes he quickly got dressed. After a couple minutes he re-emerged dressed in a much nicer outfit than the night before. This time he had put on a pair of semi-decent Bell bottom jeans with holes in the knees, his shirt bearing a plaid pattern and actually quite nice looking except for the dusty wood shavings that coated it. On his feet he threw on a sturdy pair of walking shoes that were much to large for him, made a loud thump noise every time he took a step. Finishing the outfit off he slide on his nice leather gloves and neatly tied the bandana around his unruly hair, covering most of it except a rebellious tuff that stuck out from underneath. Shoving the note in his pocket he turned towards a desolate corner of the house where both his father’s and his elemental’s slept. His father’s Elemental was a large, and I mean large water crocodile, mugger crocodile to be specific. Some how it had managed to curl itself up into a tight ball, and he spotted Liz sleeping a top the giant reptile. It was strange but his entire family had all gotten reptile elementals his mom being a fire iguana, but he didn’t rest on that fact and instead quickly scooped up Liz in his hands. Ignoring Liz’s squeak of protest he ran to the front door and rushed from the house almost forgetting to shut the door behind him. Running as fast as he possibly could he managed to make it to Lucius house in a mere 30 minutes, breaking probably several records. His breathing comin in exhausted gasps he knocked on Lucius’s door.

Back