EowynWryter

Hello! I am EowynJade, feel free to call me Eowyn or Jade. I am in a very science fiction, group roleplaying kind of mood and I was wondering if anyone else is interested?
I would love to have a bit of a medium sized group - around 5 people perhaps - who are writing for two or three different characters.
I have three separate ideas, all of which are based on either movies or shows.

Idea 1
We don't know when it happened - but at one point in time, a very old virus came back. Some theorize that it was due to the ice caps melting, others claim it was from archaeological digs opening the tombs of these infection agents. Whatever it was, it infected a high percent of the population, in fact the only people not infected are those with O neg blood. Why? Because this virus infects humans as a way of survival and it survives on only one thing - antigens. O negative blood has a lack of A and B antigens as well as no Rhesus Factor antigens. In a world with 8 billion people, only 6.6% of people are not infected - numbering around 528 mil. However, they are not completely immune, if they are bitten by a zombie - the virus being Active - the virus then becomes more of a parasite, feeding off parts of the brain. For others with antigens, THE VIRUS IS AIRBORNE but inactive until they die of other causes. People with O neg blood don't turn into the traditional zombie, but more or less get very ill and then driven insane - usually having bursts of anger and no impulse control. A few months ago, the virus suddenly mutated - instead of dying when their human host does - they reanimate the corpse - thus starting the zombie apocalypse. The story should focus on a group of people just known as O, a group of people with O negative blood trying their best to survive.
(BASED LOOSELY ON THE WALKING DEAD)

Idea 2
It is in the year 2020 that the Thanatos Asteroids fell to Earth, at least we thought that they were Asteroids. In total, there were 27 Comets that struck down on the planet. 15 of them where from 60-70 feet and burst in the atmosphere, hitting the surface in little fragments. The sound of them was like heavy traffic blaring through the skies if you were within a few dozen miles of initial impact. 5 were smaller than that, not making much sound with some flyaway pieces making the ground - the only real damage was the fright that it caused people. The 7 left, however, were large enough that they left craters at least 2 miles wide - some of them leveling towns or cities completely to the ground. Thousands died, and this is just the beginning of the end of the world. The things that hit us are eggs, holding some alien species far stronger than we are.
(BASED LOOSELY ON THE QUIET PLACE. THE CREATURES IN THE EGGS WILL BE THE SUPER HEARING FAST CREATURES. I WANT TO START THIS ONE WITH WHEN THE ASTEROIDS/EGGS HIT THE PLANET)

Idea 3
In 2019, a new vaccine was discovered that helped aid our bodies in fighting cancer - a break through in medicine that generated a lot of hope. This vaccine continued for nearly five decades until it was discontinued when they discovered that it heightened the chances of seizures extremely overtime. Another vaccine was made that increased the bodies resistance to cancer and also had no side effects of seizures. In 2084, every child under or around the age of 15 had this new vaccine while their older siblings, parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents even - had the other, faulty vaccine. If anything, people where fearful that the older generations would show further signs of health problems, some conspiracy theories even suggested that they would all die out soon. How wrong they were. In the fall of 2084 at the beginning of the school year, kids started to drop with seizure like symptoms by the dozens in nearly every country on the planet. It was small enough that the governments could hide it for the moment from the general public, but they feared that this vaccine was even more faulty and seizure inducing than the other one. Again, they were wrong. By early January of 2085, the instances of seizure like symptoms was occurring in around 85% of children over the globe. Then they started the change.... developing strange abilities once they got better from their seizures... at least some of them. All the others died mysteriously, as if their brains had been fried from a surge of energy that they couldn't control. The older generations soon discovered the categories of gifts - Intelligence, Telekinesis, Electricity, Elemental Control, and Mind Control.
We were no longer human to our own mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, aunts... and so on. We were grouped up, taken from hospitals once we recovered and our brain scans showed that we were one of Them. They put us into containment camps with guards and cuffs on us at all times, abusing us when we showed any sort of magic/abilities/mutations whatever you want to call them. It's been like this for ten years - we range from 11 years old to 25 and we are the Forgotten Generation, the Jailed Generation. Parents moved on and had more children without the vaccine, the economy recovered as much as it could and things seemed to be moving on for the Regulars. But the war is just beginning, resistance is bubbling up and some who never received the vaccine are suddenly showing signs. This is a revolution.
(BASED HEAVILY ON THE DARKEST MINDS. WILL START WITH A FLASHBACK TO WHEN YOUR CHARACTER FIRST HAS HIS/HER/THEIR SEIZURE AND APPEARANCE OF THEIR GIFT AND THEN MOVE TO MAY OF 2095.)

Well if you two are willing to agree on one of the ideas and two more people jump in, I could start a thread and get a group roleplay started!

It's been a few weeks but if this is still in the works then I'm interested in whichever idea you guys settle on, preferably 1 or 3.

Back