Interest Check Gun metal Knights

ODSTDRAGON

ODSTDRAGON
I apologize for the double post!

greetings! I am your crack headed story teller, and I’m looking to do a lot of world building. I have a busy scheudal but I’ve been working on an idea.
I’ve hit a bit of a slump, I do not trust my own judgment, or my own abilities! With a world I’m building, I’m looking for some people, who wouldn’t mind playing in a rough outline of a settings whos details are not complete!

things are subject to change, and maybe you will even be the cause of them! To help me keep things making sense!

This may be discouraging, a person, who doubts their self! With a rough outline for world building. That is fair, but I hope to hold your interest or entertain for even a short while! Hopefully getting better and fleashing out the setting.

What is this you ask?
Well by genre, it’s a modern, magical post apocalypse!

quite a mouth ful and quite complicated yes?

I had a desire, to mix, knights, with fire arms. And a friend pointed out, that, logically such things couldn’t happen, in the way I wanted to. Now everyone knows, the reason knights and swords and samurai fell from grace, was the gun, how could this not mix? I am so tired of the transition phase, and I am tired of steam punk, Victorian with the grab and drab.i wanted tall figures clad in steels, carbon fibers, lead, titanium, riding drakes using pump action shot guns, to clear swaths, of pike men, for a iron clad sniper to loose a bullet of heavenly furry.

So, there comes two options, either some elder or eldrich race, has lived so long, they made knee things form curiosity, vampires developing blood projectiles and firearms to shoot them, or something much more interesting to support this technoanarachism
A modern world, fell into ruin and regressed into the dark ages!

Now, 60’-80’s era battle rifles, will be meet with armor, and mace. And so much more has arisen from that.
Can you imagine, a desert, with great rock face rising from the dunes milies high? That these rock formations are calcified sky scrapers? A gothic space station collapsing to the world, for pure humans to stream out fighting for their survival? Now, I found this exciting, a cult worshipping a nuke, or maybe a powering powerful sorcerer? Small kings sons rising up to desperately cling to what they can? I hope this interests you as it does me, and my poor writing does not scare you off.

I want to make a book of it. But I’m very busy and far off. If you beat me to it, at least give me credit for my work! Maybe some royalties if the editors don’t bastardize it.

So how do we start? I imagine in a convoy guarded by twin drakes, the homeland, having fallen into ruin from infighting. This allows me to show off the other nations!

So what rules do I have this far?

Most knights operate in orders, these orders share an ability.

There is generally three orders per nation

Some orders are mercenary in nature.

Packs/bonds can be made with certain creatures to allow for the use of second hand magic. Ie: a Lt. having a Fairy partner, they can focus on their sword and gun while the small fairy can cast magic for them.

Abilities are not magical in nature, can generally only be used by groups.

Abilities are the result of how the world and how people in the group see themselves.

Magic is wild, destructive and dangerous, but extremely powerful. Magic can tear armies

You can wear armor and be a mage.

Sorcerers (other magi names pending) are rare, and will be targeted as soon as discovered.

magic has three teirs:
1: bond magic. (Fairies, imps, and other magical creatures) small, localized, not dangerous. Ice shields and fire balls

2 natural this is the potent stuff, it will slowly break down armor, it will degrade and rot you, but you can change the world with this stuff.

3: Ascendence the rarest type of magic, it has no I’ll affect on its caster. To get this magic, takes great study and a sacrifice. You must give up something to wield this magic, and whatever you give up, permanently shapes the magic.This can not be undone, it both amplifies and limits it’s weirder.

the role of fire arms:
Fire arms are relatively advanced, but limited. They are quite common, but very few are produced, most are recycled, reused, cleaned and returned to service. Ammunition is still being made by various free figures and mercenary factions.

1: battle rifles are to stop other knights, monsters, and armored opponents. Knights will drop from a head shot, these rifles will Pierce their body armor, but a fit knight shot in the shoulder or stomach, can and often will keep fighting.

2: sniper rifles, long range, often anti material fatal from thighs and above. They are rare, often employed by the eagle knights and royalty.

3: shot guns, clear the crowd, causes terror, made to fend off light and medium infantry and monsters, ineffective against the knight’s plate mail. The bird shot will often Richochet off, you have to be way to close to get a lucky hit on a knights soft spot with one. Chances are if you can get bird shot in the visor eye holes, that said knight can probably cut you down.

Pistoles the work horse, can be carried by lowly pawns, most of the time, will bounce off knight’s plate mail, but they can be precise and hit the weak points of armored opponents. Specialized and rare variants can pierce armor.

Revolvers: the only gun I’ve worked on that can have magical ammo. The others could have it to but I simply haven’t made it that far yet, otherwise, often seen in the hands of Officers and sorcerers, they can pack a mean punch.

There are of course melee and gun hybrid weapons, but I haven’t worked on these to much.

flame throwers, machine guns, and heavy artillery are a no. Writing wise, dragons exist, and full auto would take the fun out ofnah parts.

Ballista, trebuchet, and catapults are still a thing.

Artillery such as the howitzer mortars, are extinct. Oh they existed, but you can thank the early days post cataclysm for their extinction, many old weapon depots and even ammo factories tried to start up production again, many people, also grew smart and targets such places.

Grenades and plastic explosives still exist, and are often affixed to arrows.

Biological weapons existed in this world. And now most of them are in control of an isolationist nation, full of exiles.

Knights are physically different from the men at arms and soldiers around them, often taller, they stand out.

Dragons, drakes, and wyverns exist. Dragons are loyal companions to humans, they have a need for social interactions but culturally they rarely trust their own kin.

Dragon fire can be used to smelt tugnsten, and other heat resistant metals in places lacking adequate forges.

I think that covers just about everything? I’m sure I’m leaving out a lot. And you have many questions! But that’s all to be explored and seems now isn’t it!

That’s all for now I hope I can intrest some people in exploring this world and helping me flesh it out!

I do plan to give credit to those who contribute ideas, and other things.

Last edited:
Back