Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Monika smiled. "Of course I am," she said. "That's why I was brought here."

"The one behind this simulation is Grimm," Greenleaf said, crossing her arms. "We don't know who he really is, or why he's doing this, but all the teachers involved are just like you: brainwashed and trapped in false identities. The only difference between you is that they have an additional firewall to break open."

Yang tilted his head in confusion. "And you...don't?"

"That's right. I was brought in from the start knowing about all of this. They wanted somebody there who knew what was going on so I could keep the AI in check. And in order to do that, they..." A shadow of fear fluttered across her face as she continued in a somber voice. "...they threatened my tree."

Perfuma gasped. "Your tree? Who would do such a thing?!"

"Wait, am I missing something? Draq scratched his head. "You did all this for a tree?"

"It's a very special tree!" Greenleaf snapped, but then sighed, composing herself. "It's a tree that's belonged to my family for generations. I am from a fairy tale back in my world, a witch. That tree is what I use for my magic. They threatened to destroy it if I didn't help, and it's somewhere in the simulation."

"By the way, this room is still in the same simulation," Monika added. "But I made sure only we had access to it. Just a small place away from whatever they may be making out there for us to deal with."

@Jackythejack @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York
"Some of the things you've said are a bit confusing, however I understand the gist of it." Morgan spoke up, crossing his arms as a thoughtful look crossed his face as he tilted his head in thought.

"If we get out of here, then we'll return to our normal bodies and wake up, but how will we get home?" He wondered, adding to Haru's question while adding his own.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Jackythejack @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York
 

Lucky

The Devil You Know
Verde West

" I have a theory on why I was abducted at least. The destiny they gave me was already what I was in my world. But it's so much more complicated than that. I may be the Wicked Witch of the West in my world, but that was just a title they bestowed on me. I tried to save the animals back in my Oz since they stopped talking, I met the wizard and he turned out to be two things. 1) My father and 2) An awful human being. I wasn't so much rebelling against goodness as much as a system that targeted the small and weak. If you can turn someone whose only crime was fighting for a better world into a villain, then Grimm could make the point that you can reshape any rebel's destiny. Here's the thing though, even as Verde, I was planning on fighting my destiny. Oh, I guess I should introduce myself properly. My name is Elphaba Thropp."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Jackythejack @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"I can promise you, Grimm is not trying for a better world for anyone but himself." Greenfleaf said. "In fact, the only reason you are the same person as you are in your world is because he ran out of ideas."

"In regards to how to get home...we have a way to do that. There's a spell Mother knows that can get us all out of here. But we need to wake up in order to do that. And in order to wake up...we need to defeat the admin of this simulation. So, Grimm." Monika shifted her weight, a frown on her face. "The only problem with him, though, is getting him isolated. Which I think we can do...if we go through some memories."

Two doors appeared in front of the group then, on either side of Monika. "Those still in the simulation are behind a corrupted firewall," she said. "Grimm's security AI-guess her name is Mary-has gone and made these files to control them, make them hostile against us. Grimm's goal is to capture us and either ship you all off to other simulations like they did with Mallory and Caroline, or lock you in firewalls. So if we even have a chance...we need to rescue Godiva and Aurelio."

"The pink door to my left takes us to a memory of the true Godiva, while the white door to my right takes us to a memory of Aurelio's. Both may be corrupted by the firewall, but if we can purge that and reach the true self somehow...we can save them. Mom and I will stay here to watch over you all and keep Mary out, but the rest of you need to split up so we can get this done fast."

"As if it's a question where I go." Yang took his place at the white door, Sakura silenty following him.

Perfuma went to the pink door. "Poor Godiva! I had wanted to help her back in the grove...but I can help her now!" Draq also joined her. Where the rest went was up to you.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @York
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"I can promise you, Grimm is not trying for a better world for anyone but himself." Greenfleaf said. "In fact, the only reason you are the same person as you are in your world is because he ran out of ideas."

"In regards to how to get home...we have a way to do that. There's a spell Mother knows that can get us all out of here. But we need to wake up in order to do that. And in order to wake up...we need to defeat the admin of this simulation. So, Grimm." Monika shifted her weight, a frown on her face. "The only problem with him, though, is getting him isolated. Which I think we can do...if we go through some memories."

Two doors appeared in front of the group then, on either side of Monika. "Those still in the simulation are behind a corrupted firewall," she said. "Grimm's security AI-guess her name is Mary-has gone and made these files to control them, make them hostile against us. Grimm's goal is to capture us and either ship you all off to other simulations like they did with Mallory and Caroline, or lock you in firewalls. So if we even have a chance...we need to rescue Godiva and Aurelio."

"The pink door to my left takes us to a memory of the true Godiva, while the white door to my right takes us to a memory of Aurelio's. Both may be corrupted by the firewall, but if we can purge that and reach the true self somehow...we can save them. Mom and I will stay here to watch over you all and keep Mary out, but the rest of you need to split up so we can get this done fast."

"As if it's a question where I go." Yang took his place at the white door, Sakura silenty following him.

Perfuma went to the pink door. "Poor Godiva! I had wanted to help her back in the grove...but I can help her now!" Draq also joined her. Where the rest went was up to you.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @York
Haru knew both had to be rescued so it didn't really matter which she chose but she ended up standing next to Godiva's door. "We have to save them. It's time for everyone to wake up from this lie and get out of here."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @York
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
"I can promise you, Grimm is not trying for a better world for anyone but himself." Greenfleaf said. "In fact, the only reason you are the same person as you are in your world is because he ran out of ideas."

"In regards to how to get home...we have a way to do that. There's a spell Mother knows that can get us all out of here. But we need to wake up in order to do that. And in order to wake up...we need to defeat the admin of this simulation. So, Grimm." Monika shifted her weight, a frown on her face. "The only problem with him, though, is getting him isolated. Which I think we can do...if we go through some memories."

Two doors appeared in front of the group then, on either side of Monika. "Those still in the simulation are behind a corrupted firewall," she said. "Grimm's security AI-guess her name is Mary-has gone and made these files to control them, make them hostile against us. Grimm's goal is to capture us and either ship you all off to other simulations like they did with Mallory and Caroline, or lock you in firewalls. So if we even have a chance...we need to rescue Godiva and Aurelio."

"The pink door to my left takes us to a memory of the true Godiva, while the white door to my right takes us to a memory of Aurelio's. Both may be corrupted by the firewall, but if we can purge that and reach the true self somehow...we can save them. Mom and I will stay here to watch over you all and keep Mary out, but the rest of you need to split up so we can get this done fast."

"As if it's a question where I go." Yang took his place at the white door, Sakura silenty following him.

Perfuma went to the pink door. "Poor Godiva! I had wanted to help her back in the grove...but I can help her now!" Draq also joined her. Where the rest went was up to you.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jackythejack @York
Listening to Monika's words as best as he could, Morgan didn't care which door he went to, but if they came across Aurellio again and he attacked he wanted to help keep him at bay until he remembered who he really was. So, with that in mind, Morgan went to Aurellio's door.

@Yun Lee
 

Lucky

The Devil You Know
Verde West

" Well, I know where I am going. I want to see the true Godiva and save her. She deserves better than to be someone's puppet. I'll go with Perfuma and my other partner to see where this takes us."

@Yun Lee
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
You would find that reaching for the doorknob would immediately pull you into a bright light. You could hear Monika wishing you luck as everything else vanished.

---


For those in the pink door, the lights would fade, leaving you in a lovely white room. The windows outside showed nothing but pure white. There were no doors you could see, but there were orange panels on the ground: two in the back corners, and one in front of you.



You are currently in the foyer (bottom center).

@Jeremi @Lucky @Godiva

---


For those of you who entered the left door, you would find yourself in an empty city street at night. The buildings here were a bit old, but a single light was on up ahead.


@Takumi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Haru saw the orange panels and sighed. She could guess what they had to do to progress. “Oh dear…I think we’re in for some trial and error,” She looked over to Verde. “Which one do you think we should pick?”

@Yun Lee @Lucky
 

Lucky

The Devil You Know
Verde West ( Elphaba Thropp)

" I found that going west is always the right choice in life, so I personally think we should go left," she replied to the other woman and not knowing where it was going, but it was the best option they had..

@Yun Lee @Jeremi
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"Left it is!" Draq said, making a beeline for the left panel. The group would be enveloped in a bright green light, but it quickly faded, leaving you in a beautiful living room. Luxurious red curtains hung on the walls, framing a beaufiful fireplace. Once again there were two panels before you, one on your left and one on your right.

@Jeremi @Lucky
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"Left it is!" Draq said, making a beeline for the left panel. The group would be enveloped in a bright green light, but it quickly faded, leaving you in a beautiful living room. Luxurious red curtains hung on the walls, framing a beaufiful fireplace. Once again there were two panels before you, one on your left and one on your right.

@Jeremi @Lucky
Haru hadn't had a better idea either and followed them to the left panel. This place was really pretty but was this really the only way to travel in this place. "Should we try left again?" Haru asked motioning to the left panels. It seemed like her original assertation was right. This was going to be a lot of trial and error.

@Yun Lee @Lucky
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
You would find that reaching for the doorknob would immediately pull you into a bright light. You could hear Monika wishing you luck as everything else vanished.

---


For those in the pink door, the lights would fade, leaving you in a lovely white room. The windows outside showed nothing but pure white. There were no doors you could see, but there were orange panels on the ground: two in the back corners, and one in front of you.



You are currently in the foyer (bottom center).

@Jeremi @Lucky @Godiva

---


For those of you who entered the left door, you would find yourself in an empty city street at night. The buildings here were a bit old, but a single light was on up ahead.


@Takumi
Morgan took a look around, tome in hand, before making his way towards the light. He kept alert in case anything, or anyone, decided to jump out at him in the process.

@Yun Lee
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
As Haru started for the next panel, the room suddenly began to glitch. The beautiful red turned into moldy gray, the modern furniture morphing into decayed antiques.



The room was bare and a stench of rot filled the air, and a rattling could be heard from within the fireplace...

@Jeremi @Lucky @Geneva

---

As Morgan walked forward, the world around him glitched here and there. The buildings would suddenly look desolate and abandoned, the wind would suddenly turn cold. Up ahead in the distance, staying there in spite of the glitching, were knights. It seemed they had yet to notice the little group.

@Takumi @Aurelio​
 

Lucky

The Devil You Know
Verde West

" I think it doesn't matter what path we are going to take anymore. I think some of the safeguards just went up to stop us from getting her true identity back. It makes sense... we need to be prepared to fight whatever is coming out of the fireplace."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Godiva
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Verde West

" I think it doesn't matter what path we are going to take anymore. I think some of the safeguards just went up to stop us from getting her true identity back. It makes sense... we need to be prepared to fight whatever is coming out of the fireplace."


@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Godiva
Haru twirled her axe and left it leaning on her shoulder. "I think you're right about that, but we still have to continue on..." Ugh, Haru really didn't like that smell, nor the rattling coming from the fireplace. Despite that, however, someone had to investigate. With uneasy steps, she made her way to the fireplace to see if she could find something.

@Lucky @Yun Lee
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
As Haru approached the fireplace, a giant rat leapt out from within! The filthy creature bared its crooked, sharp teeth, snarling at the group before it.

"Godiva turned into a rat just like that one!" Perfuma exclaimed.

"Well don't just stand there, hurry and kill it!" Draq yelled, stumbling back in fright.

"What? No! We can outrun it! If we could just cause some sort of distraction..."

@Jeremi @Lucky
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
As Haru started for the next panel, the room suddenly began to glitch. The beautiful red turned into moldy gray, the modern furniture morphing into decayed antiques.



The room was bare and a stench of rot filled the air, and a rattling could be heard from within the fireplace...

@Jeremi @Lucky @Geneva

---

As Morgan walked forward, the world around him glitched here and there. The buildings would suddenly look desolate and abandoned, the wind would suddenly turn cold. Up ahead in the distance, staying there in spite of the glitching, were knights. It seemed they had yet to notice the little group.

@Takumi @Aurelio​
Morgan considered his options, given the odd situation he found himself in, but with his tome in hand he tried to quietly get closer to them without being spotted.

If he was spotted, however, he'd be ready to retaliate if need be.

@Yun Lee
 

Lucky

The Devil You Know
Verde West

" Hey ugly rat, look at me,"
Verde replied, sticking her tongue out to get its advice and advanced towards the teleporter, hoping that would be enough to lead the rat away from everyone else.
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Verde West

" Hey ugly rat, look at me,"
Verde replied, sticking her tongue out to get its advice and advanced towards the teleporter, hoping that would be enough to lead the rat away from everyone else.
Haru had a different idea. Her Persona emerged behind her and fired off a few shots in the rats direction to scare it off allowing all of them to head towards one of the teleporters.

@Yun Lee @Lucky
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
The rat screeched, scampering away from the group as they used the opportunity to move on. The left teleporter brought them into what appeared to be some sort of sewing room. A large black cabinet sat to their left, and before them was a large table with a fancy sewing machine on top, a large red fabric hanging from it. The decaying smell gave way to the smell of sugarplums, and a faint hint of cotton candy. Once again, two panels sat before them.

Perfuma gulped and took a few steps forward, eyes shut and body tense as she inched to the center of the room. Pausing a few moments, she opened an eye and looked around before turning to the group. "It looks like this room is safe...?"

@Jeremi @Lucky

---

As the young mage ventured forward, a loud crinkling noise sounded as he stepped on some paper. Looking down, he'd see it was a wanted poster with his own picture on it. WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE was written at the top.

"Oh my God..." Yang was staring at the building next to them, where plastered all over the wall were their pictures on wanted posters. Every single one had the 'Alive' option violently scratched out.

"There they are!" As soon as one of the guards cried out, the world glitched out.


The city turned fully abandoned, empty husks of buildings surrounding them all. The wanted posters stayed the same, but even the guards changed form.



"By order of the sheriff, don't let them escape!!"

@Takumi
 
Top