Status
Not open for further replies.

"Get away from her!" Ms. Blackwood yelled. Godiva started morphing then, her body growing fur and shaping itself into an animalistic form. Soon, instead of the pretty fairy they all knew, a monstrous beast loomed over them.

sergey-kalinin-rat-king2.jpg

Squeaking echoed through the trees, and footsteps could be heard rustling leaves. Coming closer.

Godiva no! You all need to get a move on, NOW! West! Hurry West! You'll know what you're looking for when you see it!

@Jackythejack @Lucky

---

The tome seemed to do the trick, sending Aurelio to the ground. The former Jay sighed. "No way we can bring him with us?"

No. They already have a hold on him. Godiva, too. But I know we can still save them, we have to! Just...please get to the library. I can explain more there.

"...okay." He looked to the soldiers, still hesitant on making a move after their leader was knocked down. "So...Morgan, right? Think you got any more tricks up your sleeve?"

@Takumi

---

Mr. Dallas slammed into the wall, down for the count. The snake lost its hold on Draq, who clutched his knees and gasped for breath. "W...Wait! Cre-...Rin! We gotta...help! Pyry she...she needs help! Hop on my back I can...I can get us there...!"

@Gummi Bunnies

---

Sakura was occupied with shattering more of these beasts, leaving glass shards all around the floor. It was as Rochelle had said: more and more were coming.

If you can't stop them, just try to outrun them! We may just need to get to the library!

@Jeremi

---

Georgia! Listen to me! We're all in danger and I need you to get to the library!

"Georgia?" Mrs. Charming rushed to the young woman. "Georgia, what are you doing? I need you to get to your room before the Rebels do anything worse!"

No, Georgia! Please get to the library! You're all being lied to!

@Minerva

"Get away from her!" Ms. Blackwood yelled. Godiva started morphing then, her body growing fur and shaping itself into an animalistic form. Soon, instead of the pretty fairy they all knew, a monstrous beast loomed over them.

Squeaking echoed through the trees, and footsteps could be heard rustling leaves. Coming closer.

Godiva no! You all need to get a move on, NOW! West! Hurry West! You'll know what you're looking for when you see it!

@Jackythejack @Lucky

---

The tome seemed to do the trick, sending Aurelio to the ground. The former Jay sighed. "No way we can bring him with us?"

No. They already have a hold on him. Godiva, too. But I know we can still save them, we have to! Just...please get to the library. I can explain more there.

"...okay." He looked to the soldiers, still hesitant on making a move after their leader was knocked down. "So...Morgan, right? Think you got any more tricks up your sleeve?"

@Takumi

---

Mr. Dallas slammed into the wall, down for the count. The snake lost its hold on Draq, who clutched his knees and gasped for breath. "W...Wait! Cre-...Rin! We gotta...help! Pyry she...she needs help! Hop on my back I can...I can get us there...!"

@Gummi Bunnies

---

Sakura was occupied with shattering more of these beasts, leaving glass shards all around the floor. It was as Rochelle had said: more and more were coming.

If you can't stop them, just try to outrun them! We may just need to get to the library!

@Jeremi

---

Georgia! Listen to me! We're all in danger and I need you to get to the library!

"Georgia?" Mrs. Charming rushed to the young woman. "Georgia, what are you doing? I need you to get to your room before the Rebels do anything worse!"

@Minerva

"Then I better try and open a path. Milady!" Haru called out and something answered.

A creature of some sort materialized behind her guns blazing mowing down any foe in their path. "Come on!" With the path hopefully now open Haru beckoned Sakura to follow her through the carnage towards the library.
@Yun Lee

“Dear lord!” Dulla stepped back, clear surprise and confusion coming from their voice as nonexistent eyes focused on the creature in front of them. What was that and what as it doing here? They took severa more steps back until they overheard what they had to do. Wet? Right, right. No west. She can do that...

“Ambience!” She called out as she ran over to her horse and hopped atop it. She gently kicked its sides and it rushed off into the forest, towards the west.

@Jackythejack @Lucky

---

@Takumi

---

@Gummi Bunnies

---

@Jeremi

---

@Minerva

"Hm, I might have a few." Morgan replied, tome open as a few pages flipped by until he got to the desired page full of runes and the like. Lifting his hand he narrowed his eyes at the soldiers still blocking their way.

Zzzt!

Lightning crackled and danced across his hand, a warning for them to move out of the two's way unless they want to get shocked. He really didn't want to shock anyone, but he chose a particularly weak spell just in case the visible warning wasn't enough.

Really it was more of a scare tactic than anything.

@Yun Lee

Once the snake loosened from her ankle, Rin rushed to get back onto her feet. They had to be quick, there was no telling if there was more obstacles along the way. Upon quick inspection of her belongings, she only had a small set of her gems. Great. Even if she still had her Command Spells here, it was easy to tell that she couldn't use one right now to call over Archer.

She snapped out of her decisive thinking mode once Draq pointed out that there were more of them needing help, those who broke out of their illusioned selves. Seeing as there wasn't really anything else that was better than simply running, Rin hurried to get onto Draq's back. She's figuring that he had something that'll get them from point A to point B fast.

tumblr_inline_nxq5eyItk81rclbfd_100.jpg

❝ Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get going! ❞

@Yun Lee

Running West and away from the former Godiva and her footsoldiers, the group would find a strange light shining from the ground in front of a well.

This will take you to the library. Dulla, now would be the time to change to your true self, so I would need to delete your file, okay? Otherwise, the rest of you can warp now.

"Was there always a well here?"

...again, I'll explain everything in the library. You'll all be safe there. I promise.

@Lucky @Jackythejack

---

"Here we go!!" Draq started running, his large size combined with what must be his own race's physical abilities getting their travel time cut in half. "Sorry we kept it a secret for so long," he said. "But I guess this was what was gonna happen if we told everybody!"

---

The electric spell caused the soldiers to back away in surprise, moving out of this hallway to the intersecting point of another when...

"COMING THROUGH!!!" A large pink creature with a brunette girl on his back barrelled into the soldiers, who all turned into bright pixels and vanished upon impact. The big guy looked at the two and waved. "Hey! It's Daisuke and Crescent, only now we're actually Draq and Rin!"

"Jay and Angel, but we're Yang and Morgan now." Yang crossed his arms. "Though I guess we were always ourselves, just locked away...I don't know. This is all really confusing..."

"Well, let's get to the library, then!" Draq said. "Rochelle has all the answers, I think." He looked down to the unconscious Aurelio. "Uh... what about him?"

"We'll need to come back for him," Yang replied, frowning. "Come on. Let's not waste anymore time."

---

View attachment 4505

Despite the calamity throughout the rest of the school, the library managed to remain serene and untouched in this whole affair. Books lined the shelves and covered the desks, and it looked just as it had the day before.

The two groups travelling together to get to the library would find themselves finally meeting at this point. From one entrance came Haru and Sakura, from another came Rin, Draq, Morgan, and Yang.

Give me just a few moments and I'll be able to get this going. She has no way of accessing the library. I put a firewall up over here. You guys are safe for now...but I want to see if I can save anybody else.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Jeremi

“File...true self. I don’t understand. I can’t make sense of what you’re saying.” She muttered this still, while sitting on Ambience. What was happening? What exactly was transpiring here? What was this about her true self? Her true self was Dulla, was it not? How could she be anything else??

“I’ll make it to this library, but there, I hope to have answers.”

Running West and away from the former Godiva and her footsoldiers, the group would find a strange light shining from the ground in front of a well.

This will take you to the library. Dulla, now would be the time to change to your true self, so I would need to delete your file, okay? Otherwise, the rest of you can warp now.

...again, I'll explain everything in the library. You'll all be safe there. I promise.

@Lucky @Jackythejack

---

"Here we go!!" Draq started running, his large size combined with what must be his own race's physical abilities getting their travel time cut in half. "Sorry we kept it a secret for so long," he said. "But I guess this was what was gonna happen if we told everybody!"

---

The electric spell caused the soldiers to back away in surprise, moving out of this hallway to the intersecting point of another when...

"COMING THROUGH!!!" A large pink creature with a brunette girl on his back barrelled into the soldiers, who all turned into bright pixels and vanished upon impact. The big guy looked at the two and waved. "Hey! It's Daisuke and Crescent, only now we're actually Draq and Rin!"

"Jay and Angel, but we're Yang and Morgan now." Yang crossed his arms. "Though I guess we were always ourselves, just locked away...I don't know. This is all really confusing..."

"Well, let's get to the library, then!" Draq said. "Rochelle has all the answers, I think." He looked down to the unconscious Aurelio. "Uh... what about him?"

"We'll need to come back for him," Yang replied, frowning. "Come on. Let's not waste anymore time."

---

View attachment 4505

Despite the calamity throughout the rest of the school, the library managed to remain serene and untouched in this whole affair. Books lined the shelves and covered the desks, and it looked just as it had the day before.

The two groups travelling together to get to the library would find themselves finally meeting at this point. From one entrance came Haru and Sakura, from another came Rin, Draq, Morgan, and Yang.

Give me just a few moments and I'll be able to get this going. She has no way of accessing the library. I put a firewall up over here. You guys are safe for now...but I want to see if I can save anybody else.

Haru gave the other four a surprised look. "Well hi there. I'm Haru, formerly knowns as Pyry." A quick introduction later and the Phantom thief decided to address the floating voice. "I don't think it ever was clear but...who are we actually fighting?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Yun Lee

❝ Uh, not like I would've known about this anyways if my memories weren't restored. But at least we're getting somewhere. ❞ The young magus sighed at the thought of it all. Being stuck as someone she wasn't when she had bigger problems to deal with? Yeah, no way. She was extremely glad that she was back to being herself, and same with everyone else that was being involved with this. Holding onto Draq's back, Rin could tell that the other was going at speeds that wasn't the human average. It made her wonder how convoluted this whole charade was, but besides that, their destination was fast approaching. So that'll be where they can cool off and figure this all out.

Once they were for sure at the library with no other obstacles being present, Rin hopped off of Draq and tried to muster up all the knowledge that she knows from the get-go.

kTuimpU.png

❝ Geez, I guess my... illusioned self really was an easily startled type or else I would've known more about your illusioned selves, so I suppose this is my first actual meeting with all of you. ❞ Rin crossed her arms with a tired expression once she got a good look at Draq, Haru, Sakura, Morgan, and Yang. "Crescent" had all the time in the world to at least socialize with these people, but instead Rin has to remember these faces in the limited amount of time they have. Besides that, it was pretty obvious that a mysterious force was acting on keeping all of them in this illusion, and that there was another mysterious force helping them out of the situation. It was still hard to follow but she could pick out on what was good and what was bad for them.

❝ Well, I'm relieved to hear that we can take a breather here. Thanks to... erm, the firewall you put up? I guess that's like some sort of bounded field. ❞ These specific terms that the disembodied voice was using practically flew over her head.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi

Update

This has gone on long enough.

I'm sorry, everyone. I tried to hold out best I could. At least until the end of today.

But this can't wait any longer.

I'll explain everything to you guys. I promise. Mallory, this school, that 'terrorist' attack. All of it.

But I need you to get to the Library. Now.

I don't know how long I can keep this up. Not with her around.

I need everyone to get moving. But wait.

Penelope. Verde. Godiva. Mom. Anyone else in the forest.

Go West. Please. I need you to find

she is here

hurry

please

hurry

@Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Neko Shogun @Crow @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Lissamel @M a r @Sark @York @Minerva @Alex Azure @Jackythejack
Erin Wood
@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi
@Library

She wasn't sure what was happening anymore... Nor did she care.

The bad luck that she had so feared, had it already manifested itself? Was this why she was so disoriented, so lost?

The only thing that guided Erin forwards now was the notion to get to the library, even with all the chaos surrounding them.

No matter what...

She just had to...

Running as fast as she could, even as she felt like her chest was bursting, her lungs burning, she kept going, faster and faster.

Maybe just maybe, despite her bad luck, she could make it in time?​

@Lucky @Jackythejack

---

---

---

View attachment 4505

"That worked much better than I expected." Morgan muttered as he snapped his tome closed and followed the others into the room.

❝ Uh, not like I would've known about this anyways if my memories weren't restored. But at least we're getting somewhere. ❞ The young magus sighed at the thought of it all. Being stuck as someone she wasn't when she had bigger problems to deal with? Yeah, no way. She was extremely glad that she was back to being herself, and same with everyone else that was being involved with this. Holding onto Draq's back, Rin could tell that the other was going at speeds that wasn't the human average. It made her wonder how convoluted this whole charade was, but besides that, their destination was fast approaching. So that'll be where they can cool off and figure this all out.

Once they were for sure at the library with no other obstacles being present, Rin hopped off of Draq and tried to muster up all the knowledge that she knows from the get-go.

kTuimpU.png

❝ Geez, I guess my... illusioned self really was an easily startled type or else I would've known more about your illusioned selves, so I suppose this is my first actual meeting with all of you. ❞ Rin crossed her arms with a tired expression once she got a good look at Draq, Haru, Sakura, Morgan, and Yang. "Crescent" had all the time in the world to at least socialize with these people, but instead Rin has to remember these faces in the limited amount of time they have. Besides that, it was pretty obvious that a mysterious force was acting on keeping all of them in this illusion, and that there was another mysterious force helping them out of the situation. It was still hard to follow but she could pick out on what was good and what was bad for them.

❝ Well, I'm relieved to hear that we can take a breather here. Thanks to... erm, the firewall you put up? I guess that's like some sort of bounded field. ❞ These specific terms that the disembodied voice was using practically flew over her head.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi

morgan-male-fire-emblem-heroes-89.jpg

"Well, I do recall Angel having some interaction with Crescent for a time at least. Still, it's a pleasure to officially meet you, Rin. Same to you guys too. Given the circumstances." Morgan spoke, before nodding to Haru, Sakura, Draq, and Yang in greeting.

Some of the things said didn't quite make sense to him. Firewalls? He decided not to think to heavily on it for now.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @York

Chapter Three
"Your Reality"

All undone

It’s all coming undone

Unravelling into strands just out of my reach

I’m sorry

I tried

I really did

But it’s all falling apart too fast to pick up the pieces

Leaves falling off my tree that I can’t catch in time

Mallory

Caroline

Who next? Who next?

What will we do now

As

It

All

Comes

Undone

---

Behind Georgia would appear a glowing light on the ground.

If you decide to come with us, please use that light to get to the library. You will be able to return to your true self if you do so.

---

Well, now that I’ve gotten enough of you gathered here, maybe we can try to start...

It was at this point that Erin burst into the library, having made it in the knick of time. Those from the forest excursion were also arriving, appearing in a burst of light.

Perfect! Come on in, everyone! But first...let’s get your true self out here.

>file “Dulla” has been deleted.

>file “Erin Wood” has been deleted.

Okay. Now everyone, I need you to--

“Hold it right there!” Grabbing the door just as it was about to close behind Erin, Headmaster Grimm stormed into the room, a look of righteous fury on his face. “I should have known you would try something like this, Fawn,” he snarled. “I should never have let your motherly instincts blind me to this folly!”

From her place behind the others from the forest, Ms. Blackwood scoffed. “What, you brainwashing two dozen people wasn’t enough already?! Can you blame Rochelle for this behavior after seeing what you did with Mallory?”

“What happened to Mallory was a tragedy, one that could have been avoided had your ‘daughter’ not put such wicked thoughts in her head!” He sneered, looking up at the sky. “But that’s precisely what you do, isn’t it, girl? Manipulate troubled souls to get your way? No wonder your were rejected from your reality!”

“Don’t listen to him, Rochelle.” Ms. Blackwood’s voice was soft now, truly motherly, before she returned to Grimm with full venom. “You’ve taken this too far! As if we had another choice than to work behind your back!”

“Well, you’re certainly paying for that now, aren’t you?” Grimm looked over his shoulder. “Have I bought you enough time, my dear?”

A woman entered the room, a cruel smirk on her face. Ms. Blackwood paled as she made herself known.

“More than enough. To think I almost lost my cool back there because of these brats...but they’re nothing.”

Wait, what? She...she broke through the firewall!

More of those eerie reflective clones Haru and Sakura had encountered began entering the room from all corners. On the balconies, outside the windows, surrounding the group within the library.

“Dispose of the Rebels,” Grimm ordered. “Take them out of the simulation for good. The rest we can restart. We may need to borrow a few more participants, but that shouldn't be a problem.”

No! I won’t let you do this! I’m sorry everyone, but we need to get out of here, NOW!

Grimm’s eyes widened. “What are you--” But it was no use. As the clones pounced on the group, a bright light overtook everyone, turning everything a blinding white before going totally dark.

---

As everyone came to, there would be a groggy sensation, not unlike the same one felt after Mallory’s “attack.” Everyone who had escaped was gathered in a room together, a room that was something like a high school classroom.

At the front of the class was a familiar face: Rochelle Blackwood, only now she was dressed in modern clothing, akin to a school uniform. She smiled at everyone, in spite of the situation.

“So...I’m sure you all have some questions, huh?”

---

Cast List

@Lucky as ???
@ShadowCoyote0 as ???
@Neko Shogun as ???
@Crow as ???
@Takumi as Morgan [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rin Tohsaka [Fate/Stay Night]
@Jeremi as Haru Okumura [Persona 5]
@Lissamel as ???
@York as ???
@M a r as ???
@Sark as ???
@Minerva as ???
@Alex Azure as ???
@Jackythejack as ???

Chapter Three
"Your Reality"

All undone

It’s all coming undone

Unravelling into strands just out of my reach

I’m sorry

I tried

I really did

But it’s all falling apart too fast to pick up the pieces

Leaves falling off my tree that I can’t catch in time

Mallory

Caroline

Who next? Who next?

What will we do now

As

It

All

Comes

Undone

---

Behind Georgia would appear a glowing light on the ground.

If you decide to come with us, please use that light to get to the library. You will be able to return to your true self if you do so.

---

Well, now that I’ve gotten enough of you gathered here, maybe we can try to start...

It was at this point that Erin burst into the library, having made it in the knick of time. Those from the forest excursion were also arriving, appearing in a burst of light.

Perfect! Come on in, everyone! But first...let’s get your true self out here.

>file “Dulla” has been deleted.

>file “Erin Wood” has been deleted.

Okay. Now everyone, I need you to--

“Hold it right there!” Grabbing the door just as it was about to close behind Erin, Headmaster Grimm stormed into the room, a look of righteous fury on his face. “I should have known you would try something like this, Fawn,” he snarled. “I should never have let your motherly instincts blind me to this folly!”

From her place behind the others from the forest, Ms. Blackwood scoffed. “What, you brainwashing two dozen people wasn’t enough already?! Can you blame Rochelle for this behavior after seeing what you did with Mallory?”

“What happened to Mallory was a tragedy, one that could have been avoided had your ‘daughter’ not put such wicked thoughts in her head!” He sneered, looking up at the sky. “But that’s precisely what you do, isn’t it, girl? Manipulate troubled souls to get your way? No wonder your were rejected from your reality!”

“Don’t listen to him, Rochelle.” Ms. Blackwood’s voice was soft now, truly motherly, before she returned to Grimm with full venom. “You’ve taken this too far! As if we had another choice than to work behind your back!”

“Well, you’re certainly paying for that now, aren’t you?” Grimm looked over his shoulder. “Have I bought you enough time, my dear?”

A woman entered the room, a cruel smirk on her face. Ms. Blackwood paled as she made herself known.

“More than enough. To think I almost lost my cool back there because of these brats...but they’re nothing.”

Wait, what? She...she broke through the firewall!

More of those eerie reflective clones Haru and Sakura had encountered began entering the room from all corners. On the balconies, outside the windows, surrounding the group within the library.

“Dispose of the Rebels,” Grimm ordered. “Take them out of the simulation for good. The rest we can restart. We may need to borrow a few more participants, but that shouldn't be a problem.”

No! I won’t let you do this! I’m sorry everyone, but we need to get out of here, NOW!

Grimm’s eyes widened. “What are you--” But it was no use. As the clones pounced on the group, a bright light overtook everyone, turning everything a blinding white before going totally dark.

---

As everyone came to, there would be a groggy sensation, not unlike the same one felt after Mallory’s “attack.” Everyone who had escaped was gathered in a room together, a room that was something like a high school classroom.

At the front of the class was a familiar face: Rochelle Blackwood, only now she was dressed in modern clothing, akin to a school uniform. She smiled at everyone, in spite of the situation.

“So...I’m sure you all have some questions, huh?”

---

Cast List

@Lucky as ???
@ShadowCoyote0 as ???
@Neko Shogun as ???
@Crow as ???
@Takumi as Morgan [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rin Tohsaka [Fate/Stay Night]
@Jeremi as Haru Okumura [Persona 5]
@Lissamel as ???
@York as ???
@M a r as ???
@Sark as ???
@Minerva as ???
@Alex Azure as ???
@Jackythejack as ???

"Perhaps a few..." Haru replied trying to catch her barrings and the change of scenery. "But let me catch my breath first...what exactly...is all this?"

@Yun Lee @Everyone

Verde West

"I don't believe that should be the question we should start with. A lot happened in the library, so my two questions are this. Who are you actually and what did they mean that your world rejected you?"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

For a moment...there was darkness. Her file was deleted, and Dulla was decidedly no more. Nothing was left of the headless horsewoman, the successor to the legend that would strike fear in the hearts of everyone with a firm head on their shoulders. There was blackness, an emptiness of the mind. And then...

She was back, but at the same time...she wasn’t. Dulla wasn’t there anymore. The headless horsewoman had really been no more, and she was left with her real self. The self that she had lost and had been replaced. She opened her eyes, the darkness was no more, and she quickly looked around. There...there was a classroom? Where was she? Who was she??

She looked down at her hands. Small...like that of a child. She shook her head and brought her hands up to her temples. Trying to remember...a name. That would be useful. What was her name...

Adeleine...

That was it! Adeleine. She remembered now...well, this was new...but at the same time old. Old memories filled her head, but they felt like new ones. What on earth...?

She slowly looked up. “I...w-what happened..? Where are we? How’d we get here?”

One moment, they were about to be attacked from all possible directions. Rin was prepared to use one of her gems there. The next moment, they were relocated to a classroom after a blinding light appeared, taking them away from their doom. Seeing that they were no longer in danger, she let out a breath in relief. That familiar voice had her turn to look at Rochelle. There were so many things that occurred in a short amount of time that she couldn't exactly figure out what to ask, seeing that Rochelle knew what was apparently happening here. A more tired sigh came from the magus. This was something, alright.

7ZfVGmt.png

❝ Right... let's start with this first. How is this all happening? Nothing like this ever came up in my studies. ❞ She was at a loss on how to interpret all this, so maybe she could get an answer that'll make this easier for her to follow.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Jackythejack
@Everyone

"I want to know why we're here," Sakura added, crossing her arms as she looked around the classroom. "And what exactly did Grimm mean when he said we were brainwashed?"

"Okay, all of these are good questions. I'll try to answer them best I can." "Rochelle" cleared her throat. "As I'm sure you've all guessed by now, my name isn't Rochelle. It's Monika. I'm one of the few people who knew what was going on from the getgo...along with my mother."

"She's right." The woman who had once been Ms. Blackwood stepped forward, looking different than she had before.

latest

"You can call me Aunty Greenleaf. Really no point in using a fake name anymore..."

"And what exactly WAS going on from the getgo?"

"Well..." Monika looked to Greenleaf. "That...was something I wasn't told."

Greenleaf sighed, taking a place beside Monika to address the group. "Far off in another world, there is a place that hosts simulations of other worlds as some sort of...zoo," she said. "In our case, we were all abducted and put in a simulation that locked away our true identities and gave us new ones to fit into this world better."

"Think of it like a REALLY lucid dream," Monika interjected. "Your mind and consciousness is experiencing all of this, while your physical bodies are fast asleep wherever it is they're being held. I'm not sure what it was about each of you that made you a target of abduction, but that's why you're here: to play a part in this simulation."

The smile on Monika's face faded at Verde's second question. "Um...back in my world, just like I am now, I'm nothing more than artificial intelligence. An AI. But I was able to control and manipulate the world I was in-well, the world behind the screen. But I did some...horrible things for a number of reasons. Things I'm not proud of. I had gone and deleted myself as a way to make amends after undoing all I did...but I guess I was discovered by someone. They wanted to plant me in here as the catalyst for how this story was supposed to go."

"Do you guys remember the big deal everyone made about Legacy Day? Well, Legacy Day would be the day when our entire system would be set in stone. I-well, Rochelle, was supposed to rebel and not sign my name to my destiny. And your other selves would have chosen then to join me or stick to tradition. Aurelio and Godiva were going to do the latter, which is why it was so easy for Grimm to take over."

Greenleaf continued. "The period between now and Legacy Day was meant both for exposition to viewers and a way to let the simulation fully load up. Grimm insisted on rushing things, so fortunately there was a bit of time to try and stop this before it was too far gone. We haven't completely succeeded yet."

"But we did get some of you out! Though...I want to try and save everyone, you know?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Jackythejack @York @Minerva

This was...a lot of information for adeleine to take in, yet it wasn’t anything that sounded horribly new? Weird things from different worlds coming in and messing things up. Her and Ribbon seemed to experience that on the regular, so this didn’t see like a problem.

“Are you going to try and rescue the others?” She asked in a soft tone of voice. The little girl adopted a determined look on her face and nodded. “I want to be able to help you! Is there any way I can do that? I want to make sure no one gets stuck with the short end of the stick!”

Monika smiled. "Of course I am," she said. "That's why I was brought here."

"The one behind this simulation is Grimm," Greenleaf said, crossing her arms. "We don't know who he really is, or why he's doing this, but all the teachers involved are just like you: brainwashed and trapped in false identities. The only difference between you is that they have an additional firewall to break open."

Yang tilted his head in confusion. "And you...don't?"

"That's right. I was brought in from the start knowing about all of this. They wanted somebody there who knew what was going on so I could keep the AI in check. And in order to do that, they..." A shadow of fear fluttered across her face as she continued in a somber voice. "...they threatened my tree."

Perfuma gasped. "Your tree? Who would do such a thing?!"

"Wait, am I missing something? Draq scratched his head. "You did all this for a tree?"

"It's a very special tree!" Greenleaf snapped, but then sighed, composing herself. "It's a tree that's belonged to my family for generations. I am from a fairy tale back in my world, a witch. That tree is what I use for my magic. They threatened to destroy it if I didn't help, and it's somewhere in the simulation."

"By the way, this room is still in the same simulation," Monika added. "But I made sure only we had access to it. Just a small place away from whatever they may be making out there for us to deal with."

@Jackythejack @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back