Status
Not open for further replies.
"Indeed we can't," Valerie said. "I suppose we just need to wait and see--"

She was cut off by a sudden shaking in the room. A wicked laughter echoed from outside the walls of their little haven, laughter recognizable as Mary.

"So...this is where she's been hiding you all, huh? Hmph. Stupid little brat. As if I wouldn't find you all eventually..."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York

She was cut off by a sudden shaking in the room. A wicked laughter echoed from outside the walls of their little haven, laughter recognizable as Mary.

"So...this is where she's been hiding you all, huh? Hmph. Stupid little brat. As if I wouldn't find you all eventually..."

On instinct Haru's Persona appeared next to her. Was it time for their final confrontation? "Is it going to hold? And are we ready if it wont?" Haru asked the group concerned.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York

Verde West ( Elpaba Thropp

" Well, it looks like it is time for the final fight, the perfect storm,"
she replied, preparing a spell to shoot if the door was indeed broken down.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Morgan opened his tome on instinct, lighting sparking and crackling at his fimgertips. Ready to go off at a moment's notice.

On instinct Haru's Persona appeared next to her. Was it time for their final confrontation? "Is it going to hold? And are we ready if it wont?" Haru asked the group concerned.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York

"If it does or not, we'll have to be ready regardless for whatever's in store." He replied as he turned his head to glance at Haru.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York

Oh, please. I still can't touch you in here. You're all safe and sound right here in your little hideout...hmhm...

...too bad I can't say the same for the rest of your little friends.

"What are you--" Greenleaf started to speak, but was cut off by a sudden message that played in everyone's minds.

Wirt.exe has been terminated.

"What..."

Geralt_Rivia.exe has been terminated.

Chloe_Bourgeois.exe has been termimated.

Greenleaf's eyes widened with horror. "No! What are you doing?!"

"What's it look like? I'm making sure you can't get any more help. Everyone in this simulation you couldn't reach? I'm sending them out of here, just like I did with Mallory and Caroline. You're on your own now...hey Monika, how does it feel? You couldn't save half these people."

You...you're a monster!!

Maybe I am. But that makes two of us. Do your little friends know the truth about you? How you murdered your own friends, deleted them so that only you were left? All because you wanted to be real.

And now real people are getting hurt because of you. Everyone could have been happy here. They could've had their happily ever after. But no...you had to wake them up. Ruin everything. They may end up in worse simulations after this. Everyone separated...is that what you all want? To take that risk? I'll give you one last chance to come quietly. Before I take you by force.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark

Oh, please. I still can't touch you in here. You're all safe and sound right here in your little hideout...hmhm...

"What are you--" Greenleaf started to speak, but was cut off by a sudden message that played in everyone's minds.

"What..."

"What's it look like? I'm making sure you can't get any more help. Everyone in this simulation you couldn't reach? I'm sending them out of here, just like I did with Mallory and Caroline. You're on your own now...hey Monika, how does it feel? You couldn't save half these people."

You...you're a monster!!

Maybe I am. But that makes two of us. Do your little friends know the truth about you? How you murdered your own friends, deleted them so that only you were left? All because you wanted to be real.

And now real people are getting hurt because of you. Everyone could have been happy here. They could've had their happily ever after. But no...you had to wake them up. Ruin everything. They may end up in worse simulations after this. Everyone separated...is that what you all want? To take that risk? I'll give you one last chance to come quietly. Before I take you by force.

Morgan's eyes narrowed. Anger bubbled deep in his chest. Gloating about those who couldn't be saved like that made his skin crawl.

"She still saved some of us, and that's better than none at all! Gloat all you want, but we'll beat you." He spoke determinedly.

"Being stuck as someone else unable to see my family? There would never be a happy ending, your words are nothing but poison." He spoke under his breath with furrowed brows.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Sark

Verde West

Elphaba would look over at her and just glared. " She saved us and you were the one who killed them. It was your action, not hers. Happily Ever After hardly seems right for some of us. Some of us were villains and we were destined to die or be hurt or heartbroken. That isn't a happy ending. We will beat you..... and get our own ending. It doesn't have to be happy, it just had to be an ending."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Sark @Takumi

"What..."

You...you're a monster!!

Haru's eyes narrowed. "You think..." She clenched her fist. "You think we were happy here?! You erased us and created new identities...we were prisoners inside ourselves." Haru grabbed firmly unto her ax. "We're going to defeat you and escape this place so that you can't hurt anyone ever again!"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Sark

Hector Louis(?)

Groggily, the hero course student rolled out of bed and onto the floor. Light was already seeping in through the windows. An alarm, already thrice ignored, chimed again in an attempt to wake him from his stupor. He ground and lifted himself off the ground. He silenced the clock and wiped the sleep from his eyes. The number displayed brought unfortunate news. "Late to class this early into the school year?" he thought to himself.

He was about to dress himself and hurry out of the dorm when he heard a voice echo in his mind.

"The library," he mused aloud, though nobody was around to hear him. He grabbed the first thing in his closet he could find and wore it. He rushed out the door without another thought, neglecting any sort of backpack or school supplies. He took the stairs two at a time. Out of the dorms, he headed straight for the library as per this mystery lady's request.

His head remained foggy from just waking up. It was insane to follow the words of a voice in his head. However, the voice sounded urgent. The distress in her voice tugged at his heartstrings. He was a hero, which meant leaping into danger without a moment's hesitation.

Of course he had questions. Here he was, adrenaline pumping from the rush to the library, suddenly transported into a new place entirely. He was one of the last to arrive and was in utter confusion about the location of his classmates, as to who these strangers were. However, before he could ask any questions...

>File "Hector Louis" has been deleted.

...memories came flooding back to him. Where there was once a scrawny red-headed adolescent, there now was... well... still a redhead and not exactly bulky, but someone a few years older and with emerald green eyes. He wore a red and white coat, emblazoned with the symbol of the United Universes, though such an organization was likely unfamiliar to the rest of the people there.

And as he came to his senses, now fully awake and refreshed, Monika gave him the answers he was looking for without having to ask any questions. He was aware of what needed to happen now. Silently, he nodded and followed one of the groups through the right door.

Ordinarily, puzzles would be right up his alley, though he had trouble with this one. There wasn't much for him to do with his powers, either. The rest of the group dispatched obstacles in their way easily. He felt a little stupid for letting a puzzle stump him so easily.

As the groups reconvened in this new area, he mumbled his own commentary. "My sister would love this place," he said, more to himself than to anyone. "Too bad that's a simulation. Though maybe that makes it better 'cause she's part robot?"

He spent most of the encounter here lost in his thoughts. He fought against the rats and soldiers using his aura. He created swords, shields, and firearms to combat against the waves of enemies while others found ways to break more people free from their simulated identities.

And thus, the group had returned to the safety of Monika's secret classroom. Finally getting a moment to rest, he took a seat and breathed a sigh of relief.

"So... I think I was able to catch everyone's names. No promises that I've got them all right. But... I don't think I've gotten a chance to introduce myself. My name's Mason. Mason Moretti. I can't say I was fully ready for a disaster like this, but it's not my first time in a sticky situation."

Mason rested his chin in his hand and stared curiously at Morgan. "So, I know we're all from very different places, and this may sound a little weird, but... Morgan, have I met you somewhere? You look almost... familiar..."

"What..."

You...you're a monster!!

Mason joined in the groups' retorts, "Whatever Monika's done, you've done worse! Everyone's made mistakes, and I'm sure she'll atone for hers. Her wrongs don't give you the right to trap us here with false identities! You basically meant to delete the real us and replace us with fakes, you monster! I'd like to see you try and make things right!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Yun Lee

Hector Louis(?)

Groggily, the hero course student rolled out of bed and onto the floor. Light was already seeping in through the windows. An alarm, already thrice ignored, chimed again in an attempt to wake him from his stupor. He ground and lifted himself off the ground. He silenced the clock and wiped the sleep from his eyes. The number displayed brought unfortunate news. "Late to class this early into the school year?" he thought to himself.

He was about to dress himself and hurry out of the dorm when he heard a voice echo in his mind.

"The library," he mused aloud, though nobody was around to hear him. He grabbed the first thing in his closet he could find and wore it. He rushed out the door without another thought, neglecting any sort of backpack or school supplies. He took the stairs two at a time. Out of the dorms, he headed straight for the library as per this mystery lady's request.

His head remained foggy from just waking up. It was insane to follow the words of a voice in his head. However, the voice sounded urgent. The distress in her voice tugged at his heartstrings. He was a hero, which meant leaping into danger without a moment's hesitation.

Of course he had questions. Here he was, adrenaline pumping from the rush to the library, suddenly transported into a new place entirely. He was one of the last to arrive and was in utter confusion about the location of his classmates, as to who these strangers were. However, before he could ask any questions...

>File "Hector Louis" has been deleted.

...memories came flooding back to him. Where there was once a scrawny red-headed adolescent, there now was... well... still a redhead and not exactly bulky, but someone a few years older and with emerald green eyes. He wore a red and white coat, emblazoned with the symbol of the United Universes, though such an organization was likely unfamiliar to the rest of the people there.

And as he came to his senses, now fully awake and refreshed, Monika gave him the answers he was looking for without having to ask any questions. He was aware of what needed to happen now. Silently, he nodded and followed one of the groups through the right door.

Ordinarily, puzzles would be right up his alley, though he had trouble with this one. There wasn't much for him to do with his powers, either. The rest of the group dispatched obstacles in their way easily. He felt a little stupid for letting a puzzle stump him so easily.

As the groups reconvened in this new area, he mumbled his own commentary. "My sister would love this place," he said, more to himself than to anyone. "Too bad that's a simulation. Though maybe that makes it better 'cause she's part robot?"

He spent most of the encounter here lost in his thoughts. He fought against the rats and soldiers using his aura. He created swords, shields, and firearms to combat against the waves of enemies while others found ways to break more people free from their simulated identities.

And thus, the group had returned to the safety of Monika's secret classroom. Finally getting a moment to rest, he took a seat and breathed a sigh of relief.

"So... I think I was able to catch everyone's names. No promises that I've got them all right. But... I don't think I've gotten a chance to introduce myself. My name's Mason. Mason Moretti. I can't say I was fully ready for a disaster like this, but it's not my first time in a sticky situation."

Mason rested his chin in his hand and stared curiously at Morgan. "So, I know we're all from very different places, and this may sound a little weird, but... Morgan, have I met you somewhere? You look almost... familiar..."

Mason joined in the groups' retorts, "Whatever Monika's done, you've done worse! Everyone's made mistakes, and I'm sure she'll atone for hers. Her wrongs don't give you the right to trap us here with false identities! You basically meant to delete the real us and replace us with fakes, you monster! I'd like to see you try and make things right!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Yun Lee

"No, I don't believe so. If we have I can't remember, I'm sorry." Morgan answered. Even now, the bits and pieces he could remember from before were fuzzy at best. His mother was always the most vivid, even if only from her coat. Not even in the more recent memories before becoming Angel did Mason's face seem familiar to him.

"Either way, I'm at least glad to have you on our side, Mason." The young man nodded.

@Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Sark @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

Epilogue
"Hard Reset"

Everyone...I...thank you all very much. I promise I'm going to right my wrongs. And that starts here.

Ugh. Whatever. It's your funeral...so let's get right to the burial site, shall we?

"Wait!" Greenleaf called. But it was no use. Mary laughed wickedly as the classroom fell away, turning into nothing but green binary code. Anybody seated on desks or furniture would find themselves needing to stand, and fortunately there was ground to stand on here, at least.

I recognize the way the code is reconstructing itself, Monika said. Mary is taking us to the headmaster's office. It's the heart of this entire program. Please be ready for anything, everyone. I can access the core files from there, and hopefully we can get out of here as soon as possible.

"Monika, all of you, I need you to listen to me very carefully. There's more to this than any of you realize."

What do you mean, Mother?

Greenleaf was silent for a moment, almost as if second-guessing her decision to speak up. "I...when we get to the school, I need you all to buy me some time. Do it however you can, but give me time to take care of something."

"Um...sure thing, Miss Greenleaf." Draq scratched his head. "What do you need to do?"

"I...can't tell you."

Yun frowned, crossing his arms. "Isn't this kind of important info? We're all trying to get out of here…"

"You don't think I don't know that?! But I'm afraid I can't. And I...I'm sorry. I wish I was strong enough to risk it, but…"

"It's your tree, isn't it?" Perfuma gave Greenleaf a sympathetic look. "I remember you mentioning it's in danger…"

"They placed a curse on me, before I got here. If I were to divulge the truth...the real truth, the second it's spoken, even in the simulation, my tree goes up in flames. But I have something we can use against them all. So if I can just get a bit of time…"

Of course, Mother. Take all the time you need. If we can keep Grimm busy, then we can get out of here sooner. Everyone, make sure not to attack. If they think we're not hostile, they won't attack us.

And sure enough, the time had come. The code all around started moving rapidly, forming into a new place: the headmaster's office. As they materialized in it, Sakura and Draq both stepped in front of Greenleaf, who slipped out the door. As if deciding to do it on the spur of the moment, the twin brothers followed her out, no doubt deciding to serve as bodyguards.

The room looked pristine as always, neat and tidy. Made of marble, walls crafted into bookcases, with a large mahogany desk and a bust of an old man. But there was something off about this place. Why would Headmaster Grimm have so many photos of the Charmings? Unless…

Wait a minute...this isn't Grimm's office! This is Mr. Charming's! Why did Mary bring us here?

"Mmph!!" A muffled scream from the corner of the room alerted the group to a huddled duo: Mr. and Mrs. Charming were seated on the ground, wrists bound and mouths gagged. They had a look of pure terror in their eyes, still lost to their false memories and completely unfamiliar with the true forms of their former peers.

"I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this." From the desk, Headmaster Grimm stood. To his right was Mary, grinning smugly at the group gathered here. "But you've all left me no choice."

"No choice?" Rosso scoffed. "I certainly think you had a few options before taking hostages! But what should we expect from someone who deleted innocent people trapped here?"

"This entire situation is a tragedy," Grimm replied. "One that could have been avoided entirely, had you all just followed the story."

"This story was not yours to write." Valerie narrowed her eyes at the duo. "You brought innocent souls here against their will, away from the people they love and the homes they know...why? What do you have to gain for this?"

"In a word, my dear?" Grimm clasped his hands behind his back, walking to the window of the office. "Control. The outside world...you aren't nearly as free as you think you are. From birth, your life is restricted by your parents' social status, your birthplace, even your own physical attributes can limit what you're capable of getting out of the world. But this place? It highlights such injustice. These people are born into a world where they must follow their stories or suffer devastating consequences. But there are brave rebels who fight back! Symbols of hope in a hopeless world!" He looked back to the group. "Doesn't that mean anything to you? Don't you want to be part of something more?"

"You can tell that story without us!" Shelley's hands balled into fists. "We have our own lives, and even if things aren't perfect, we've made our own way up until this point! Kidnapping us and brainwashing us...that's the exact opposite of what you're trying to accomplish! It makes no sense!"

"Sometimes things aren't meant to make sense. Another cruel reality of this world."

"I don't think reason will be what we get out of this man," Sakura said. She moved from the door to the Charmings, starting to untie them. "Not when he's still hiding the truth."

She untied Mr. Charming's hands, and he immediately removed his gag. "W-What's going on? Who are all you people?!"

"It's a long story, but hopefully one we can answer soon." Draq looks up at the ceiling. "Right, Monika?"

…………….

"...Monika?"

Mary chuckled wickedly. "Share with the class, Monika. What have you discovered?"

I...hold on...this...can't be right…

"Monika?" Perfuma, having taken a spot by Sakura to untie Mrs. Charming, looked up in concern. "What's wrong?"

Everyone. Listen to me. You need to get out of here now! Grimm is a prisoner here just like the rest of us!

"What nonsense is she speaking of now?" Grimm turned to Mary. "Do you have any idea what she's saying?" He was met with silence from the AI, who merely continued to give a wicked grin.

The core files are connected to this office, not Grimm's! And here are his false memories...and Kitty's...the only one not here is--

"Guh--!!!" Sakura was suddenly knocked back, groaning on the ground halfway across the room from where she'd been. Perfuma followed seconds later, and standing before them was none other than Mr. Charming himself.

"How unfortunate that it's had to come to this…" He cracked his knuckles, an emotionless look on his face. "I never wanted to hurt anyone, but I'm afraid you've all forced my hand."

"What is this?!" Draq and Rosso made a move to subdue the man, only to find an invisible wall blocking their way. In fact, the entire group was surrounded by an invisible barrier, unable to move at all. Draq tried to punch it down. "Let us out of here!"

"Terrence, what's going on?" Kitty stood, placing her hand on his shoulder. "You...don't tell me you had a part in this?"

Charming turned to his wife, frowning apologetically. "Forgive me, dearest," he said. "I swear I didn't want it to come to this."

"Come to what?!" Grimm was still completely baffled. "Explain yourself, Terrence! What's going on here?!"

"I've had to finally use my administrator powers. Fortunately Greenleaf's little spy was distracted long enough for me to lock her out...and lock the rest of you in." Charming turned to Mary. "We'll need to do a hard reset, I believe. Greenleaf and those twins are unaccounted for, but they can easily be transferred somewhere else."

"YOU'RE the one behind this?!" Rosso hit his own hand against the barrier. "What do you possibly have to gain?"

"You could never understand! None of you could! Everything I've done...this new life...you don't know what I've been through to get to this point! This was supposed to be my second chance!"

"But why drag us into it?!"

"You were all placed here by chance. Save for a few of you that I had brought in myself. But the rest of you had already been abducted by the Zin and used to fill in the empty spaces. But this simulation, we could have been perfectly happy! All of us, together...this simulation is a mercy compared to others!"

Shelley shakes her head. "But we never wanted any part of this! You have to let us go!"

"I wish I could," 'Charming' said. "But you are all under the control of a third party. I'm sorry, but my hands are tied on that front. But if you would all just give up on this foolish escape attempt, maybe they'll let you return to this illusion with no troubles. If I can prove that I can stop this rebellion, then I--"

CRASH!!

"SCREEEAAWW!!!"

The window shattered and a black mass swooped in, aiming straight at Charming. He cried out, trying to get the thing away from him as soon as he could. Upon closer look, the black mass was none other than Thorn, Greenleaf's raven.

"What the--" Distracted by the scene before her, Mary had no time to react as she received a hard kick to the head, knocking her down and out.

Quickly recovering after his attack, Yun turned his attention to Grimm. "Okay, now it's YOUR turn to--"

"Wait!" Greenleaf climbed into the window then, aided by Yang. "He's got no part in this!"

"What?!"

I can explain everything in just a few moments. Just give me a second…

Mary.exe has been deleted.

"No!!" Charming cried out in vain as Mary's body vanished into code. "How did you--"

Fortunately you were distracted long enough for me to slip back in! Now, everyone, strap in! I'm about to take us home!

"S-Stop! Please!" Charming attempted to plead with her while still trying to fight off Thorn. "Why...why isn't this bird--"

"Why isn't he affected by your administrator role?" Greenleaf smirked. "His file isn't connected to this simulation, but to me. You can't do anything to him. Now, Monika!"

You got it, Mother! Time to finally end this!

The world changes once more. No code, no changing scenery, nothing but bright endless blue...and a message.

The simulation has encountered a problem and needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience.

---

View attachment 9553

When the blue fades away, you find yourself in an empty room. Outside the windows are an empty void, and the only things around are other people. That included Monika, and four new faces where the Charmings, Grimm, and Thorn had been.

View attachment 9551

"Ugh…my head…"

View attachment 9549

"Goodness! Why...where are we? Does anyone know?"

"No...no!"

View attachment 9550

A third, an old man who looked just like the bust from the office, tried to flee, but was quickly apprehended by the fourth member of their group.

View attachment 9552

"........"

"Jack!" Rosso lit up. "Am I glad to see you, old friend!"

Monika let out a long sigh. "Okay. I think...I think we're all finally free now. Let's...try to process all of this, shall we?"

---

Cast List

@Lucky as Elphaba Thropp [Wicked]
@Takumi as Morgan [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rin Tohsaka [Fate/Stay Night]
@Jeremi as Haru Okumura [Persona 5]
@York as Eren Yaeger [Attack on Titan]
@Sark as Vega [Street Fighter]
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [Convergence Series]
@Jackythejack as Adeleine [Kirby]​

Epilogue
"Hard Reset"

Everyone...I...thank you all very much. I promise I'm going to right my wrongs. And that starts here.

Ugh. Whatever. It's your funeral...so let's get right to the burial site, shall we?

"Wait!" Greenleaf called. But it was no use. Mary laughed wickedly as the classroom fell away, turning into nothing but green binary code. Anybody seated on desks or furniture would find themselves needing to stand, and fortunately there was ground to stand on here, at least.

I recognize the way the code is reconstructing itself, Monika said. Mary is taking us to the headmaster's office. It's the heart of this entire program. Please be ready for anything, everyone. I can access the core files from there, and hopefully we can get out of here as soon as possible.

"Monika, all of you, I need you to listen to me very carefully. There's more to this than any of you realize."

What do you mean, Mother?

Greenleaf was silent for a moment, almost as if second-guessing her decision to speak up. "I...when we get to the school, I need you all to buy me some time. Do it however you can, but give me time to take care of something."

"Um...sure thing, Miss Greenleaf." Draq scratched his head. "What do you need to do?"

"I...can't tell you."

Yun frowned, crossing his arms. "Isn't this kind of important info? We're all trying to get out of here…"

"You don't think I don't know that?! But I'm afraid I can't. And I...I'm sorry. I wish I was strong enough to risk it, but…"

"It's your tree, isn't it?" Perfuma gave Greenleaf a sympathetic look. "I remember you mentioning it's in danger…"

"They placed a curse on me, before I got here. If I were to divulge the truth...the real truth, the second it's spoken, even in the simulation, my tree goes up in flames. But I have something we can use against them all. So if I can just get a bit of time…"

Of course, Mother. Take all the time you need. If we can keep Grimm busy, then we can get out of here sooner. Everyone, make sure not to attack. If they think we're not hostile, they won't attack us.

And sure enough, the time had come. The code all around started moving rapidly, forming into a new place: the headmaster's office. As they materialized in it, Sakura and Draq both stepped in front of Greenleaf, who slipped out the door. As if deciding to do it on the spur of the moment, the twin brothers followed her out, no doubt deciding to serve as bodyguards.

The room looked pristine as always, neat and tidy. Made of marble, walls crafted into bookcases, with a large mahogany desk and a bust of an old man. But there was something off about this place. Why would Headmaster Grimm have so many photos of the Charmings? Unless…

Wait a minute...this isn't Grimm's office! This is Mr. Charming's! Why did Mary bring us here?

"Mmph!!" A muffled scream from the corner of the room alerted the group to a huddled duo: Mr. and Mrs. Charming were seated on the ground, wrists bound and mouths gagged. They had a look of pure terror in their eyes, still lost to their false memories and completely unfamiliar with the true forms of their former peers.

"I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this." From the desk, Headmaster Grimm stood. To his right was Mary, grinning smugly at the group gathered here. "But you've all left me no choice."

"No choice?" Rosso scoffed. "I certainly think you had a few options before taking hostages! But what should we expect from someone who deleted innocent people trapped here?"

"This entire situation is a tragedy," Grimm replied. "One that could have been avoided entirely, had you all just followed the story."

"This story was not yours to write." Valerie narrowed her eyes at the duo. "You brought innocent souls here against their will, away from the people they love and the homes they know...why? What do you have to gain for this?"

"In a word, my dear?" Grimm clasped his hands behind his back, walking to the window of the office. "Control. The outside world...you aren't nearly as free as you think you are. From birth, your life is restricted by your parents' social status, your birthplace, even your own physical attributes can limit what you're capable of getting out of the world. But this place? It highlights such injustice. These people are born into a world where they must follow their stories or suffer devastating consequences. But there are brave rebels who fight back! Symbols of hope in a hopeless world!" He looked back to the group. "Doesn't that mean anything to you? Don't you want to be part of something more?"

"You can tell that story without us!" Shelley's hands balled into fists. "We have our own lives, and even if things aren't perfect, we've made our own way up until this point! Kidnapping us and brainwashing us...that's the exact opposite of what you're trying to accomplish! It makes no sense!"

"Sometimes things aren't meant to make sense. Another cruel reality of this world."

"I don't think reason will be what we get out of this man," Sakura said. She moved from the door to the Charmings, starting to untie them. "Not when he's still hiding the truth."

She untied Mr. Charming's hands, and he immediately removed his gag. "W-What's going on? Who are all you people?!"

"It's a long story, but hopefully one we can answer soon." Draq looks up at the ceiling. "Right, Monika?"

…………….

"...Monika?"

Mary chuckled wickedly. "Share with the class, Monika. What have you discovered?"

I...hold on...this...can't be right…

"Monika?" Perfuma, having taken a spot by Sakura to untie Mrs. Charming, looked up in concern. "What's wrong?"

Everyone. Listen to me. You need to get out of here now! Grimm is a prisoner here just like the rest of us!

"What nonsense is she speaking of now?" Grimm turned to Mary. "Do you have any idea what she's saying?" He was met with silence from the AI, who merely continued to give a wicked grin.

The core files are connected to this office, not Grimm's! And here are his false memories...and Kitty's...the only one not here is--

"Guh--!!!" Sakura was suddenly knocked back, groaning on the ground halfway across the room from where she'd been. Perfuma followed seconds later, and standing before them was none other than Mr. Charming himself.

"How unfortunate that it's had to come to this…" He cracked his knuckles, an emotionless look on his face. "I never wanted to hurt anyone, but I'm afraid you've all forced my hand."

"What is this?!" Draq and Rosso made a move to subdue the man, only to find an invisible wall blocking their way. In fact, the entire group was surrounded by an invisible barrier, unable to move at all. Draq tried to punch it down. "Let us out of here!"

"Terrence, what's going on?" Kitty stood, placing her hand on his shoulder. "You...don't tell me you had a part in this?"

Charming turned to his wife, frowning apologetically. "Forgive me, dearest," he said. "I swear I didn't want it to come to this."

"Come to what?!" Grimm was still completely baffled. "Explain yourself, Terrence! What's going on here?!"

"I've had to finally use my administrator powers. Fortunately Greenleaf's little spy was distracted long enough for me to lock her out...and lock the rest of you in." Charming turned to Mary. "We'll need to do a hard reset, I believe. Greenleaf and those twins are unaccounted for, but they can easily be transferred somewhere else."

"YOU'RE the one behind this?!" Rosso hit his own hand against the barrier. "What do you possibly have to gain?"

"You could never understand! None of you could! Everything I've done...this new life...you don't know what I've been through to get to this point! This was supposed to be my second chance!"

"But why drag us into it?!"

"You were all placed here by chance. Save for a few of you that I had brought in myself. But the rest of you had already been abducted by the Zin and used to fill in the empty spaces. But this simulation, we could have been perfectly happy! All of us, together...this simulation is a mercy compared to others!"

Shelley shakes her head. "But we never wanted any part of this! You have to let us go!"

"I wish I could," 'Charming' said. "But you are all under the control of a third party. I'm sorry, but my hands are tied on that front. But if you would all just give up on this foolish escape attempt, maybe they'll let you return to this illusion with no troubles. If I can prove that I can stop this rebellion, then I--"

CRASH!!

"SCREEEAAWW!!!"

The window shattered and a black mass swooped in, aiming straight at Charming. He cried out, trying to get the thing away from him as soon as he could. Upon closer look, the black mass was none other than Thorn, Greenleaf's raven.

"What the--" Distracted by the scene before her, Mary had no time to react as she received a hard kick to the head, knocking her down and out.

Quickly recovering after his attack, Yun turned his attention to Grimm. "Okay, now it's YOUR turn to--"

"Wait!" Greenleaf climbed into the window then, aided by Yang. "He's got no part in this!"

"What?!"

I can explain everything in just a few moments. Just give me a second…

Mary.exe has been deleted.

"No!!" Charming cried out in vain as Mary's body vanished into code. "How did you--"

Fortunately you were distracted long enough for me to slip back in! Now, everyone, strap in! I'm about to take us home!

"S-Stop! Please!" Charming attempted to plead with her while still trying to fight off Thorn. "Why...why isn't this bird--"

"Why isn't he affected by your administrator role?" Greenleaf smirked. "His file isn't connected to this simulation, but to me. You can't do anything to him. Now, Monika!"

You got it, Mother! Time to finally end this!

The world changes once more. No code, no changing scenery, nothing but bright endless blue...and a message.

The simulation has encountered a problem and needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience.

---

View attachment 9553

When the blue fades away, you find yourself in an empty room. Outside the windows are an empty void, and the only things around are other people. That included Monika, and four new faces where the Charmings, Grimm, and Thorn had been.

View attachment 9551

"Ugh…my head…"

View attachment 9549

"Goodness! Why...where are we? Does anyone know?"

"No...no!"

View attachment 9550

A third, an old man who looked just like the bust from the office, tried to flee, but was quickly apprehended by the fourth member of their group.

View attachment 9552

"........"

"Jack!" Rosso lit up. "Am I glad to see you, old friend!"

Monika let out a long sigh. "Okay. I think...I think we're all finally free now. Let's...try to process all of this, shall we?"

---

Cast List

@Lucky as Elphaba Thropp [Wicked]
@Takumi as Morgan [Fire Emblem: Awakening]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rin Tohsaka [Fate/Stay Night]
@Jeremi as Haru Okumura [Persona 5]
@York as Eren Yaeger [Attack on Titan]
@Sark as Vega [Street Fighter]
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [Convergence Series]
@Jackythejack as Adeleine [Kirby]​

There had been a lot going on, but with everything coming to an end the young mage sighed as, for the time being, things had quieted somewhat. New unfamiliar faces greeted them, and something instantly caught his motice first and foremost.

"Am I right to assume that he was Mr. Charming?" Morgan asked, motioning to the distressed old man. The man looked the same as the bust found in the office, and based on his reaction alone, Morgan felt that he was at least close to right.

@Yun Lee @Sark @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Everyone

Elphaba Thropp

" I do think that he was Mr. Charming, but I guess the real question at the end of the day, is why did he do this? If I had to guess anything, I'm sure it's something terrible. Or maybe just plain wrong."
She would walk over to him and then back. " But where do we go from here?"

@Yun Lee @Sark @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @Takumi

"L-Let me go this insta-augh!!!" The old man's resistance was cut laughably short as one well-timed arm twist from Jack turned him into a whimpering fool...well, a bigger one than he already was, anyway.

Greenleaf took over then. "Yes. This man isn't any type of Prince Charming I've ever met."

"He's certainly like the ones I've known," 'Mrs. Charming' said, crossing her arms with a frown on her face, her confusion now turning into anger bow that her headache had subsided. "Kitty? Really? Let me guess, it's short for--"

"Katrina." Greenleaf rolled her eyes. "He's never gotten over her, either."

"Wait, I'm sorry, but can somebody please tell me what's going on here?" Shelly spoke up now, looking around at the new faces. "I feel like there's a chunk of the puzzle I'm not getting..."

"I can do that for you." It was Monika's turn to speak next. "This man is a fairy tale character, but not the one he claims to be. His name isn't Charming, but Crane."

"Crane...Katrina...oh!" Rosso snapped his fingers. "As in Ichabod Crane, right?"

"That's the one. Apparently an old friend of his tipped him off to this place where simulations of other worlds play out as entertainment for that world's people. My creator has left that all classified, but I believe it starts with a Z?"

"The Zin." All eyes turned to the large man referred to as Jack, who finally spoke. "We don't know much yet, but this fella made a deal with their leader."

"He'd create a simulation and keep it running over and over, as long as Crane was left in charge and aware of who he really was. Everyone else was given fake memories in order to play out this simulation." Greenleaf turned to Crane with a disgusted glare. "See, Crane has made a complete ass of himself back home and has a lot of shit waiting for him. Had to get away from Bigby however you could, huh?"

Crane began sputtering, looking around wildly like a cornered animal. "It was-- I just-- N-No one was supposed to get hurt!" he cried. "This was the best course of action for everyone! You all came from such horrible places...I was saving you from your worlds!"

"Were you, though?!" His 'wife' stormed up to him, unable to contain her fury any longer. "You kidnapped and brainwashed me into being your wife! Do you have any idea how...how fucked up that is?!"

Crane seemed to calm down then, looking genuinely sorrowful. "I...I'm sorry, Snow. I just wanted to keep you safe--"

"What do I need to be saved from? Ever since we got rid of the Crooked Man, life's been fine! Jersey and the rest of his gang is gone. I have things under control now that Bigby's gone. I don't need saving!"

"Sounds like the person we need to keep her safe from is you, dude." Yun glared at Crane. "We were just fine back home too! Man, Uncle's gonna kill us when we get back...how long have we been here?"

"D-Don't worry! This is the first attempt at the simulation," Monika assured them. "We wanted this to stop before it got started. I'm sure your homes haven't had too much time pass during your stay in the simulation. We'll be sure to get you all home as soon as we can."

Crane, meanwhile, dropped his jaw in disbelief. "I...but...that bastard! He lied to me! This was all a setup!!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

Getting quiet as a few of the others went back and forth, Morgan did his best to take in all of the information given to them through the exchange, gaze landing on Crane as he was practically backed into a corner for his actions.

"Who are you talking about?" Morgan asked, eyes narrowed slightly as he spoke. Even if his intentions were good in his mind, did Crane really believe that taking so many away from possible loved ones was a good idea? What of those who's fairytale lives didn't end well? From what he remembered as his time as Angel not everyone got a good ending.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi

Elphaba Thropp

Elphaba looked at Crane with so much disgust in her face. She reminded him of her father, The Wizard and that was not a good thing. What was it with old white men in power that thought by lying, they were saving everyone? She didn't know- but she knew she hated it. " I imagine he's talking about whoever gave him the power to trap us here and live in this simulation. I think as long as we can get home, it doesn't quite matter.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi

It seemed Haru wasn't the only one who caught up on that part of Crane's remarks. "So if you're not the true mastermind behind this, who told you about this?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back