Adenovirus 423 Hart Workshop

"We're not doing anything complicated, but I did set up a meeting with Jacob. We're not going to sneak around anymore: we're going to face him head-on like Knights should. He's going to know exactly what he's facing, especially since he'll see that he's outnumbered. We're givin' him a chance to step down and keep some of his honor. I don't want to hurt him if I can help it."

Asha turned to look at Art sternly, pointing toward him with a flat palm. "Art. I'm warning you now, leave the questioning to me. You all are only stepping in if he gets violent or if someone else gets involved. Are we clear?"

Assuming everyone was in agreement, Asha turned toward the doors, swinging them open. "Let's go."

Humming in silent contemplation, Art nodded, admitting to himself that he could grow out of control at some points. He followed Asha out the door, fiddling with his weapons before stowing them away in the interior pockets of his jacket. While walking out, he muttered, nearly inaudibly,
"I can control myself. Most of the time," he split into a light grin before continuing, fairly confidently, "I just don't feel like it half the time. But I'll be ready if anything happens."

"I'm sure we can rely on him to react rationally..." Robin mumbled, sarcasm plain in his tone. "Going by what he's been doing, I don't think 'honour' is going to be something he's concerned with."

Casey laughed nervously. "Well, hopefully we can rely on his self-preservation instincts, at least," he suggested with an attempt at a cheerful smile. "Those seem pretty intact." As he spoke, the mechanic made his way over to a weapon rack to the side of the room, grabbing his pistol and holstering it at his side before also taking Robin's pistols and walking over to hand them to him. "Here's hoping we won't need these."

Robin flashed a grin that was a lot less confident than it was supposed to be. "We've gotta at least look the part, right?" He took the guns and strapped them at his waist, before leaning in to steal a quick kiss. "Not-getting-shot pact?"

Casey laughed. "Not-getting-shot pact," he agreed, starting to turn towards the door to follow the others, only to reconsider and turn back to kiss Robin again just as the redhead was starting after him. Robin squeaked slightly in surprise, but recovered quickly enough to return the favour for a few moments before they broke apart. The two exchanged smiles, but said nothing more as they went for the door after Asha and Art.

The last to leave, Casey hit the lights on the way out and locked the door behind him, leaving the workshop in darkness.

Back