Have you ever been rejected from roleplaying because of your actual sex?

This may seem like an odd question, so some context.

I have been contacted by two randoms once who quote and quote “wanted to roleplay” - this was ironically after I changed my avatar to that of a woman - and I expressed interest despite my better judgement. But when delving further into their interests one clear thing came to mind, They wanted to roleplay with women, specifically real women. One of them rejected me after finding out I was actually a man. The other I rejected.

The thing is: to this day, I don’t understand why they needed their partners to be real women. It’s an RP site, not a dating site.

Been there, done that, which is when I started to refuse to give out my gender. If you guess it or I eventually tell you, no big deal, but I have been judged on me rather than what/how I write too often. For some it's a comfort thing or a request from a significant other who feels uncomfortable with contact online with the opposite gender. For some, it's because they prefer the "self-insert" style and think others do the same, where they are basically playing as themselves. I find this desire to be gender specific most common with people who want to write out more erotic style of RPs, but it is by no means restricted to that.

I was sort of like that when I was younger and first getting into rp not because of like dating stuff or anything just I don't know it made sense to me at the time lol. Then more I rp the more realized how silly that really was but I never would rejected someone I'd would still rp with them. Also had someone who wanted to rp as just ourselves no characters or anything, they even used their real pic. It just seemed kind of odd to me.

Dealt with that far too many times to count. No one should be refused to write and enjoy something that they love just because of gender. But some people sadly don't care and if you're against something or different compared to others, they'll shun you and turn their backs on you like you're some sort of freak of nature to them. Or they don't take you seriously because of her gender and just brush you off like a fallen leaf. It's disrespectful and rude above all else. This shouldn't happen at all and for people that do it, they need to get off their high horse and open up their eyes. World doesn't circle around them and shouldn't treat others like trash no matter the reason. Real life gender shouldn't matter- if a real life female wants to write a male character or trans or non-binary, and visa versa for a real life male, then let them! Who the hell cares?! Let people enjoy themselves. It's a rp for crying out loud!

Back