Adenovirus 423 HeadQuarters: MedStar Washington Hospital Center

Crim

The blobfish
Description: Headquarters - MedStar Washington Hospital Center. What used to be the hospital is now Eve's HQ. Most of the buillding has been raided after the war, furniture mostly broken and scattered everywhere. Windows broken. Equipment too old and poorly maintained to be used now. Eve's HQ

Last edited:
In the hospital, Poppy Heatryn stands in a room filled with plants from floor to ceiling. There's plants hanging up from the ceiling drying, and there's tools all around.

Poppy walks to a small table in the middle of the room with a mortar and pestle on it and starts grinding a dried plant into a powder. She takes the powder and stores it in a clay jar that's on a stone shelf built into the wall. The jar is labeled wild mint . While Poppy is doing this she's humming a song that seems to sound like a lullaby and at this rare moment she's smiling.

If you looked around the room you would see clay jars every where ( the labels are in alphabetical order). In big letters, scratched into the stone below the each shelf, it reads balms, tinctures, powders, oils, tools,and poisons.

Poppy takes the mortar and pestle and cleans it out and sets it with the rest of the tools. She then wipes down the table. She walks slowly over to one of the corners of the room and looks around to see if anyone was watching. Once she decides no one is watching, she moves aside one of the plant containers to reveal a hole in the wall that contains her books and journal. Poppy picks up her journal, it looks just like a common journal that someone would come across. It has a brown cover with the outline of a tree. The book showed clear signs of being used often. She opened the book to the first page that didn't have writing on it. She begins to write in the book, her hand floating across the pages. She writes small to preserve as much space in the book as possible. As she finishes writing for the day, she flips over the journal and on the back her name is written on the bottom right of the corner of the book. It reads, Poppy Heathryn.

Preston wouldn't admit to anyone that he had a crush on a certain person within the North. Oh no, he wouldn't. His brother was already trying to find out who had gotten his little brother's attention. It was why he watched to make sure his brother wasn't following whenever he left the living quarters. So far, he felt confident enough that his brother wasn't watching or following him - for now.

He was in the MedStar hospital, Eve's headquarters. That was where he knew he'd find her. Poppy. The hospital was big and so he doubted he'd run into Eve while here. There was the possibility, of course, but the Northern leader was a busy woman. Which was good because she scared him. Another thing Wyatt liked to tease his brother over.

He came to the room that Poppy was inside Andy stood watching her for a few moments through the window that no longer had glass in. She had her back to him and seemed to be busy looking at something. This wasn't the first time he'd come to see Poppy, so it wasn't unusual when he opened the door and moved inside. He had tried to make it seem like he had an interest in the plants and stuff that she was interested in.

"Hey, Poppy. How are you?" He smiled, nervously. His hands ran through his dirty blonde hair before he shoved them into the pockets of his jeans.

As Poppy sees Preston enter she sets aside her Journal, walks over, and then says " Hi Preston. Is there anything that you need? "

When she asks this she realizes that she should offer him a seat and then grab some tea. She says to Preston, " come over here and
sit down " She beacons to some small stools over by her table, she then says, "would you like some dandilion tea?"
As she walks over to her tools shelf she grabs some decorated, clay cups and a clay teapot with a flower design all around it swirling all the way up and
around the handle.

Poppy pours herself some of the tea. The tea has a rich, golden color with little dandilion flowers in it. She then looks over to Preston
waiting for an answer.

Preston grinned, shaking his head. "No. No reason. Just thought I'd come and say hello and see how you were doing. Isn't much to do around base today so figured I'd come see how you were."

Immediately he came over and took a seat when Poppy offered it. He couldn't help the excitement. "Yes, please. Thank you, Poppy." He told her, taking the cup once she'd poured him some.

"What are you up to?"

Poppy replies with, " not much yet I'm going to see if I can go out looking for some herbs for medicine later."

She turns around after talking to put back her pot of tea and walks back over. Poppy says," if you're out anytime soon could you look for some herbs for me. She quickly heads over to where her journal is stored and grabs her herb book. Poppy opens it to a page and says," I'm looking for this herb."

She points to the herb called Mullein. Poppy says," it's a good sedative and calmer also I can use the seeds in poisons because they're toxic. Be sure to leave some of the plant there though to ensure that more will keep growing."

"If you want, I could come with you." Preston jumped at the opportunity to go out into No Man's Land with Poppy.

He took a look at her journal when she handed it over and examined the picture. "If you can't come with me, I'd have to take the journal with me because I don't think I'd find it without putting the picture up against the plant. I'm not good at this kind of thing. But I'd be happy to come out and help you too. Protection and all." He grinned.

He looked at picture again and then at Poppy. "So, you all good for coming out into No Man's Land?"

Poppy stops and thinks for a bit and says, " well give me an hour or so to let me finish checking my supplies and make sure everything's fine for heading out."

She then grabs the journal back and says, " I will keep the book with me though and any plants that you pick need to be run by me first before you go ahead and pick them. Also grab some gloves if you have any and or can find some ok?"

Preston nodded. "Okay sure. I'll go get some gloves and sort out my pack that I take with me. Want to meet me at my quarters so that we can leave together?"

Once he had arranged with Poppy where they were going to meet up again in about an hour, Preston left to get himself sorted.

Back