Ame Damnee Heavensfall Lake

Rue

Acting Maniac
On the outskirts of New Eden, just beyond the social border of the town of Fairharvest, was a lake. While not terribly hidden from the world, it held an air of seclusion, as if it were a place long since forgotten.

On one edge, that closest to the town, was the far edge of the forest that the loggers earned their work in. The trees grew dense just beyond the lakeside, but within a dozen feet or so, nothing but soft green grass seemed to spring from the soil. As the forest’s edge wrapped around the lake, the number of trees grew less and less, simply stopping with about a third of the lake’s shoreline meeting an open plain. In the far distance, long grasses waved in the winds that swept the upper branches of the trees.

Within the perimeter of the lake, almost dead center, were three flat stones. Together they formed the points of a small triangle, and were several yards from the shoreline in all directions. From the ground, the lake appeared slightly oblong, but for those lucky enough to have seen it from above, it was a near perfect circle, and a blue as deep as the ocean itself. Along the shoreline grew small reeds and other water plants, lilies and others growing further into the interior, but near the center it was simply still blue waters.

Anariel
Heavensfall Lake
Arriving

Once, long ago, there had been the two divine beings.
One took the eldest three creations they'd made together, and corrupted them, bending all three to his will in some fashion. When he fell from grace and was cast out of Heaven, they three followed without hesitation, the call of their master too great to resist. She who remained created three new children, each as pure as the land they came from, and charged them with but one task.

"Protect and watch over Mankind, for they are yet important."

When they left, they bore their radiance with them, a shell of energy to keep them safe as they crossed to Terrestria. When they landed, touching pure foot to earth and stone, the land itself trembled and broke.
As Anariel glided gently on the warm air currents rising from the ground, she let herself remember all that she could of her lost Brother. The warmth he'd show to complete strangers, his willingness to take up the mantle of leadership to solve issues. He had been a being of the people, more in tune with mankind then she knew she ever would be. Where she had prowess in battle, he'd had a force of will greater than any army. She had once even thought he could ask a mountain to walk and convince it to do so. But he'd been stolen from the world, robbing them all of a great light, and a great man.

Her tears flowed freely, if slowly. She would mourn him properly one day, but she'd lived long enough that to find that day soon was foolishness. There was work to be done, with the Plume and Cradle in Lucifer's clutches, things had gone more poorly, and far faster, than she'd hoped. She gripped the bundle of wings in her arms more tightly, as if to reassure herself that all would be well, if she could manage to hold onto her hope. She shook herself from her tears, and in the process touched the magic within her.

Though it had been hours since the battle, touching that reserve of magical energy made her feel nauseous. She bulled through it, holding herself from gagging, long enough for the magic to take effect, releasing as soon as she could. Her armor shimmered slightly, and faded away as if nothing more than fog in the morning light. As it vanished, a white robe shone through from underneath, simple but fitting for her style, with only a single, wide strap over the shoulder. She would not be the warrior today, but the angelic being that would raise another to the status of Ethereal.

As the spell finished and she was able to take another look at her surroundings, she noticed the buildings of Fairharvest in the distance, huddled closely together and near to the forest before her. Beneath her, as she stilled her wings to begin looking for a place to perform the ceremony, was a drop of the deepest blue, surrounded almost fully by the reaching arms of the forest. She smiled, twisted in midair, and dove toward the waters, flaring her wings at a late moment, and skimming the cool waters before alighting on the shore. She turned, looking towards the center of the lake, an expression of confusion on her face.

"This place. It rings of familiarity, of purpose, but I do not know why. For such to be the case, it would be very old indeed." Her words trailed off as she mused to herself, footsteps soft on the soil beside the water.

Oliver Rikonde
Heavensfall Lake

As Oliver rested against the tree with his eyes closed he heard the unmistakable sound of wind on wings. He opened one eye expecting to see a bird, but knew that it was to early in the day for them to be out, instead though he saw an archangel diving down down from the sky. She was a beautiful being but it seemed ruined by the reflection of wet lines that trailed down her face from her shimmering blue eyes. She had clearly met with some kind of tragedy, he could tell.

Getting up he walked to the edge of the lake to get a better look and Felix was not far behind. The wolf did not look comfortable with the unexpected guest and let out a low quiet growl that seemed kind of useless to Oliver since it was barely audible. As he looked closer at the angel ge could tell she was holding something close to her chest though from his angle he couldn't see exactly what it was though it looked to be the same size as her. He could make out lots of feathers poking out from the bundle. She had a look of confusion that was mixed with deja vu as she spoke something he could not make out. He wanted to greet this newcomer but his lack of social skills left him speechless.

Last edited:

Anariel
Heavensfall Lake
Shoreline

Anariel began to walk along the shore, her bare feet sinking into the soft earth comfortably. This place held her attention like nothing had in a long time, the air of timelessness to the place holding her fast. She sighed, relaxing more than she had in over a century, simply letting the world do what it would, without her influences. She had things to be about, but the sun was riding high in the daytime sky and giving everything a picturesque look to it. She turned, to go back the way she had come, only to spot Oliver and Felix.

The archangel sucked in a quick breath, her relaxed posture tightening, causing her to more tightly grip the riotously colored bundle in her arms. From where she stood, it would be easy for him to tell that the bundle was actually a mass of feathered something, though what exactly was unclear. Her wings flared halfway, the lower wings wrapping around her defensively.

"W-Who are you, and what do you mean by sneaking up behind me so?" she asked, voice fumbling slightly. With the raw swathe of emotions she'd had over the last day and a half, Anariel was almost at her wit's end, and perhaps even past it. It was unlike her to be so suspicious, but in her present state, unarmed and unarmored, she felt more vulnerable against the person before her than she might normally have.

Oliver Rikonde
Heavenfall Lake

He was taken off guard by the question, adrenaline now pumped through his veins as he broke out in a cold sweat. Oliver threw his arms out in a panic and stutteringly replied, "I meant nothing by it. I was just resting against that tree over there before I headed back to town, when I thought I heard wind against wings and opened an eye and saw you come down from the sky and came over to get a better look. I mean no harm. I am Oliver and this is Felix," indicating the wolf beside him.

Felix tensed his body just in case he needed to jump out and attack and stayed on full alert. He then noticed the way her wings wrapped around her defensively and realized she was just as anxious about the situation as he was. She looked so off-guard and defenseless. Oliver started to feel bad that he startled this person though he wasn't sure why...He hadn't intentionally scared her, he was just curious about this person that just kind of appeared out of nowhere. "Who are you?? he responded back in a shaky voice as he slowly started to gain some confidence, "and why are you here? why would an angel be out here?"

Anariel

He didn't know who she was. She was simply another angel to him, and of a moment she was relieved. If he'd meant her ill will at all, whether it was hidden or not, it was not because of who she was. To the Ethereal, it was a moment of both relief and confusion. After all, she'd never not been known before.

"I am Anariel, Songdaughter and Ethereal of New Eden," she said gently, her confusion somewhat evident on her voice. "How is it that you do not recognize me? There are only three angels in this world with four wings upon their backs. Surely you have heard of me before, have you not?" She stepped closer now, her lower wings still wrapping around her while her main wings tucked against her back with a slight rustle.

"Or perhaps you simply do not associate with the men of the city, possibly even those of Fairharvest," she mused, a smile forming, if a small one. "Tell me, what brought you here to Heavensfall Lake? It is not often I know of people who come to this place, though for a place to find solitude and to be away from others it is nearly peerless."

Oliver Rikonde
Heavensfall Lake

"I've lived in seclusion my whole life and haven't made any contact with anyone other than my adopted father until recently when he was murdered," Oliver said, his voice cracking as he fought back the tears. "I don't really understand the ways of the world, and it is really hard to work up the gumption to talk to anyone I don't know. So I have no idea who you are and that name doesn't ring any bells to me. I just arrived in Fairharvest yesterday but even then the only person I interacted with was the Warden I met while on my journey to New Eden in search of my real father. He's probably the only reason I'm not dead at the moment."

"I actually came here to pick some medicinal herbs to restock on the herbs that were used on my arm. While I was at it though I thought I'd take a break from the unfamiliar and come back to something comfortable. All those buildings and people make me feel claustrophobic. The Warden is supposed to switch out this temporary arm with the final one today."

Aeriseth
Heavensfall Lake

The woman had passed over top of the lake, not paying it much attention as she found herself above Fairharvest and looking weakly down at the settlement below. What a pathetic little town. How is it even still standing? The Succubus thought to herself as she circled around the city, her fanned out midnight black wings beating against the sun. When she came around and was now facing the direction she had come, she realized Anariel was no longer behind her, did I really get that much further ahead? I know I'm fast but I wasn't even trying. Aeriseth cocked an eyebrow in suspicion and then headed back to where she had come from, her eyes now scanning now the Earth below. The woman drew over top of the lake, from above it was a perfect circle and of the deepest blue she had ever seen; it was rare to find a lake such as this one and it was where she spotted Anariel with a stranger.

The sound of wings could not be heard beating against the wind as the Succubus had pressed them close to her body as she swooped down to the lake in quick fashion. Once the woman drew closer, she straightened her body and allowed for her wings to fan out beside her to slow her momentum as her feet quaintly touched the ground beneath her. Aeriseth had landed behind Oliver with her hand already gripped around her lethal double sided scythe, her golden eyes locked on the stranger.

The woman looked much different than Anariel did, though in some odd way she looked like her opposite. Lady Death's large black feathered wings spread out beside her, their golden speckles shimmering in the sunlight as they transcended into the tips of her lower wings, where the colour was more dominant than the black in her upper wings. "Yes, only three angels have four wings but then there are daemons." her voice carried a whispering threat as she stared down at Oliver who was standing at the edge of the lake. It was clear that the Envoy had missed their conversation before assuming a defensive, yet protective, stance upon landing. Aeriseth's regular threatening nature had emerged again at the sight of the stranger advancing on her sister and her brother's wings.

Aeriseth took a step toward Oliver, a sign of caution to the stranger; her Succubus nature would surely be taking its full effect on the mere human. A playful grin appeared on Lady Death's face, the day had been full of surprises and she was prepared to kill the man should he make any suspicious movements. On the off hand, she thought that maybe she could add yet another notch to her headboard. Just try... the image of the man collapsed before her at the barn shot through her mind like lightning striking a rod. Her brow furrowed slightly and a feeling of guilt began to set in; she had almost given into her blood lust and so soon after leaving the barn and going through what she just did with Alex. Aeriseth's grin was replaced with a scowl but she remained in her protective stance as she refused to remove her eyes from the stranger.

Abraham - Entering Heavensfall Lake

The horned man landed on the grass a good 20 feet behind Anariel, his impact with the ground resounding with a loud thud. He'd made sure to protect the young boy on his shoulders before landing so that the boy didn't break his pelvis on Abraham's solid musculature. He surveyed the area that he was now in, a lake that seemed to exude a heavenly aura, perfect for a ritual of this magnitude. He then noticed Aeriseth and Anariel talking to a stranger and his pet wolf.

When his eyes noticed Anariel's attire, he was briefly stunned. He hadn't seen his love dressed in robes like those since he fell from the heavens all those centuries ago. It brought back more memories, memories of a younger, leaner and clean shaven version of himself, with a younger, more innocent version of her. He remembered how he'd pick her up by the waist and have her ride on his shoulders like Cenarius was now, though Ana always had an adorable pout on her face when he would do it to her. He also remembered all those times when Ana insisted on braiding his long black hair. As much as he hated the braiding, he had to admit, he always looked rather dashing once she was finished.

He broke from his reverie and addressed the child still on his shoulders. "Wasn't that fun?" He asked as he helped the boy down. "Stay put for a few minutes, lad. I need to go and talk to my friends." He said as he moved to join the others, standing alongside Anariel and placing a loving hand on her shoulder. "Ana, Aeri, who are your new friends?" He asked, indicating to Oliver and Felix.

Cenarius
Entering Heavensfall Lake

Laughing at the pure rush he felt when riding the Lycan, he'd never went that fast before even as a Gryphon. "Sure was!" Raising his hand in the air in excitement he only now noticed that his wooden hand had a few snapped fingers and the wrist was bent in a funny way. "Crap baskets." he cursed out, gripping the prosthetic limb. Figured it was time for a new one anyway. Sure he could alway fix that one in a jiffy, but where would be the fun in that?

Though he started to notice the people around him. and dog. But mostly the scary, yet pretty, looking lady with the very strange yet awesome scythe seeming to blend perfectly with her wings. The other lady was also beautiful... Yet the air around her seemed heavy and depressing like she's lost something she cannot get back. Subconsciously the boy twisted the arm off, the shape fingers soon wither away and the healthy green glow started to disappear. A bright green gem was attached to his nub.

"Mr'Abraham!" He called over to the big Lycan. "Can I move to replace my arm?" He asked politely.

Oliver Rikonde
Heavensfall Lake

Oliver jumped startled a little at the voice that came from be hind him. He hadn't heard anyone else approach. Oliver turned quickly to face the new arrival as he took a big step away from her. Instantly he felt the alluring pull as his eyes fell on a woman with blonde hair, horns, and gold speckled black wings. He was unsure how to react when she took a step forward and he saw a playful grin turn into a scowl at the same time as the crude looking scythe.

Before he could respond though he heard a loud crash and felt the ground shake a little. He saw out of the corner of his eyes, as the allure and danger were too strong to pull his eyes away, a man with long black hair and horns walk away from the area of impact not far behind Anariel and put a hand on her shoulder and pointed him and Felix as he asked her something. Not long after that a young boy looking as if in his teens with to branch looking things called out to the man that just arrived.

Oliver was so off-guard and confused he had no idea how to react. He wondered if he should be scared but the only menacing looking person was the woman with the scythe. And Felix just stood there with his fur on end keeping an eye on the woman with the scythe but did continue to eye the rest of the group.

Anariel

The archangel was about to respond when her sister arrived in a not unexpected manner. While it did not surprise her that Aeriseth would have an effect on the man between them, she certainly had not expected it to be quite so strong. She smiled and raised a hand in a calming manner, one of her lower wings moving to support the bundle.

"Be calm, Sister. He is only a traveler. We have nothing to fear." She looked back at Oliver, her smile warming. "And you should not fear us either, for we are here for another purpose."

She turned as Abraham landed, her smile having faded only to warm again when his hand held her shoulder. She shifted her hand to grip the bundle once again, the lower wing relaxing.

"He it's a traveler, love. Not a danger or a bother, and if I'm not mistaken I believe the wolf is his companion. It's quite protective of him, just like another wolf I know." She winked playfully and then let her gaze wander, eventually coming to rest on the stones out in the lake.

Without a word further, she spread her wings and gently took to the air, easily crossing it to the stones without much issue. As her bare feet touched down, an onslaught of memory crashed against her.

She knew what this place was.

Last edited:
Rythe, Heavensfall Lake

His wings nearly grazed the sides of the tree trunks as he threaded between the trees, all the while regretting his decision to go through the forest rather than above it. His flight came to a quick and fluttering halt as Rythe skidded through the moist soil, falling on his back, sliding through the slick with the help of his smooth armor piece before coming to a slow gradual stop by Cenarius. Wincing slightly in pain and shock, he rose, wiping off the dirt while showing a bit of interest in its peculiar stickiness and pausing for a moment and muttering, "Too fast... much too fast, my goddess, that burns," before turning towards Cenarius, "It's been too long since I've seen you! How was the flight on Abraham?"

Looking further along, he spotted the lake, Anariel, Abraham, Aeriseth, along with some new arrivals... He recognized this lake from long ago, in his infancy on the lands of Terrestria, though he had long forgotten its location and significance. He called ahead towards the Envoys and other Ethereal, "I'm surprised you've been able to find this place, seems like the perfect place to have the ceremony."

Last edited:
Abraham - Heavensfall Lake

As Anariel moved away from him and towards the lake, Abraham took the time to size up the traveler, deeming him to be no threat in his current form. He couldn't help but smile at the wolf who stood in a protective stance next to the man, he felt the wolf's love for the man and the strong bond they shared with each other. Looking back to Cenarius as the boy called out to him, he simply gave a nod of approval.

Then he saw the form of Rythe come crashing in from the direction of Fairharvest, coming to a stop dangerously close to the boy. If Rythe had slid even a foot further to the left, he would've hit poor Cenarius. Nevertheless, after seeing that both men were alright, he couldn't help but burst out laughing. "How in the world did you manage that, Rythe? You act like you haven't flown in centuries!" He chuckled before turning back to the visitor and his wolf.

He wanted to shift to his hybrid form so he could speak in both wolf and common tongue, but didn't wish to scare the two any more than they already had, so he shifted to his wolf form and approached Felix with as little threat as possible. It's ok friend, we mean you and your companion no harm, you may put away your teeth. He told the wolf, speaking the language of the wolves.

Brutus Magnolia - Heavensfall Lake

As Brutus came closer to the group of immensely powerful beings that stood next to the lake, he used the shadows of the trees to turn invisible with his cloak of shadows. He leapt up and perched himself on the branch of a tree and merely observed the group, not wishing to be noticed as he eavesdropped on this ceremony. He briefly wondered what happened to Renee as she was following Rythe this direction, and yet somehow, he'd gotten ahead of her.

Aeriseth
Heavensfall Lake

Lady Death held her protective position as Abraham joined them with a young boy and then Rythe; lastly, she knew sensed a fifth presence with similar energy to that of Abraham, though not comparable in power. Her golden eyes scanned the area for the energy with little luck, whoever the fifth presence was had hidden themselves and she didn't care to play a game of cat and mouse at the time. Aeriseth's attention turned back to the onlooker and his pet, who Anariel had declared was no threat. The declaration was solidified when Abraham shifted into his wolf form and approached the two. The Succubus sighed as she dropped her protective stance and stood in a more relaxed manner. Her double headed scythe disappeared from her hands and she tucked her large wings in beside her; it wasn't often that she walked around displaying them but there was something about the event that had her feeling she needed them.

Aeriseth walked toward the Oliver and Felix, winking at them as she passed them on their side, and headed toward the lake where Anariel was. Lady Death stopped at the edge of the water, careful not to slip her feet in on accident. She observed the rocks in the center of the lake and could feel the energy washing over her. This place, it is the one Lucifer spoke of when we first fell. No wonder it has a sense of purity to it. Aeriseth's gazed moved over to where Anariel was, who was also observing her surroundings in a confused look. It was only seconds before the confusion was replaced with certainty and a small smile appeared on Lady Death's face. "So you remember this place, Songbird? It took you long enough to realize where you're standing."

Alexander-Heavensfall Lake
Alexander landed not to soon after Aeriseth, stumbling a little as he tried to gain his footing before looking around. "Huh." he muttered as his memories served him well on this area. With a shake of his head, he went over by Aeriseth and sat down, peering into the lake at his own reflection. Even though Anariel's healing took away the pain, the scars from the flames were there to stay, as was the one across his chest. Memorables of that fight at the barn, of white....That's right. It wasn't even Lucifer's flames but that of his son's. He couldn't put the blame on the boy though, it was his foolishness that caused him not to move away in time. With a sigh, he stayed silent, watching the others with a curious gaze.

Last edited:
Felix
Heavensfall Lake

Felix watched as the the man approached them and shifted into a wolf himself. The approaching wolf looked as if it didn't mean any harm which was conformed when he heard him say that they didn't mean them any harm. The aura that came from him seemed awfully familiar, like he should know him, and he held himself with a stance of authority. Felix relaxed himself and looked at Oliver letting him know that the group meant no harm.

Oliver Rikonde
Heavensfall Lake

Oliver relaxed a little when his companion told him that they meant no harm though he was still cautious of the woman with the scythe. When he looked back in her direction the scythe was gone and she was passing them. He didn't miss her wink, which confused him because of her earlier stance. Maybe she was just messing with him?, he thought.

Out of nowhere another figure appeared from the air next to Aeriseth on the shores of the lake. They're just appearing out of nowhere....is there anyone else going to be showing up. and what are they here for that they mentioned.

Anariel

The archangel looked to Aeriseth, a wry grin on her face. She remember the place, and now that she was back, she wondered why it had ever been forgotten. Of all the places they could have founded a city at, this was one of those places that deserved to have such a site commemorating what it was, that it never be lost from the minds of the world. And yet that kind of hubris would have served no good to anyone, instead fueling a jealousy and dislike of the Ethereals for having felt the need to show where they'd landed when they'd first arrived. Perhaps it had been better when it was somewhat lost.

"Of course I know the place, Lilith," she said back, voice carrying across the still waters with a small amount of magical aid. "Then again, I never thought I'd ever return to a place where I'd held so much power again, so it slipped from my mind. After all, there was a war to be fought and three rather frustrating opponents to outwit and overcome. Perhaps you might remember that a bit better. I'm sure my commanders could tell me all about your bedside manner, if they were still alive after so many centuries." She chuckled softly, sighing contentedly.

This was a perfect place for the ceremony. There didn't need to be and fanfare or festivities. The only thing truly necessary was her and the intended, along with the blessing of Aditi. The rest was all extra, and a welcome amount of extra she'd never been happier to have at that. She readjusted her grip on the bundle in her arms, then crouched, wings flaring wide to sit just an inch or so above the water's still surface. She could begin at any point, but she hoped that whomever was to take Uriel's place would arrive sooner than later.

Rene'ilyah

Beautiful.

Renee's eyes softened as she walked through the trees, seeing the lake through the branches, a place so serene, it took her breath away. Rythe and the others have walked past her and into the area, as well as other people too, but she could not help but feel nervous, every step feeling like her body was made with lead. What is going to happen now? She had no idea, but once she got out of the woods and into that lake, she knew there was no going back.

She hesitated. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes.

"This is for the protection and pride of my City. I simply wanted to get the stone back. Besides... I personally find it dishonorable to turn a blind eye and not aid in the protection of the cause that killed my father." That's right, she had said those words, so long ago. If Father was alive... she absentmindedly wondered. Would he be proud of me?

A stray smile fell on her lips as she stepped into out into view, looking like the confident warrior she was ought to be. She looked around, seeing people, some she couldn't recognize and some she could, but most importantly, her gaze fell on the five beings in the lake that exude a certain power. They felt familiar, and yet, she knew she had never seen some of them before. Somehow she knew who the unfamiliar ones were. The Envoys. They're here as well. It truly is a miracle, Aditi. All the eyes trained on her made her slightly uneasy, but she made a small respectful smile. She was used to staying by the sidelines. She had never been the center of attention before, at least not this way.

Cenarius

At the nod and the Ethereal winged angel's appearance, Cenarius with the grace of a stag and the accuracy of a well-trained hunter leaped 30 feet into the air and towards the many trees that surrounded the beautiful lake. His moments would have seemed like a blur to most animals since living with very hostile wildlife called for incredible agility and speed, his child-like laughter filling the woods of the lake unaware of the severity of the situation.

"That one! No, that one! That one?" Inspecting tree after tree at a breathtaking speed. Despite running, leaping, and swinging at such high speeds he did not get any cuts or run into any tree branches, as anything that would do harm to him was quickly removed from his path. It seemed like it would take awhile before he found the right kind of wood to suit his needs.

Back