Ame Damnee Heavensfall Lake

Abraham - Heavensfall Lake

Aeriseth's words held wisdom, a surprising amount from her given her previous coldness to him and the Ethereal. What warmed him though, was Alexander. His words helped to rebuild another part of him that he'd thought forever shattered. He returned his brother's embrace. "It's good to see you too, brother." As they parted he gave Alex a playful punch to the shoulder. "And I think you meant to say 'rediscovered' love with Ana. Truth be told, I think it was the piece of her soul that I keep with me that caused this turn in me. She was always there, whispering bittersweet nothings into my heart. The guilt I felt turned to rage, and when I couldn't fight an enemy anymore, I turned it on my friends."

He gazed at his love again, a frown forming as he stared at her permanently discolored wings. "Though I fear the piece of my soul that she protects has caused slight corruption. I saw her wings turn grey. When we found Uriel's wings, she was so stricken with grief, and rage. I cant help but fear that I passed those influences onto her. If so, I can only pray that Aditi forgives me someday. For that shall be my greatest regret in this life."

Aditi

The earth began to vibrate around the six beings, a vortex forming in the water behind the Ethereal. A speck of light, as small as a firefly, emerged just above the water. The speck was soon joined by more, each colliding into the first with speed unseen by any mortal being before. They eventually coalesced into one large form, the figure of a female body. The specks then formed features of a woman, projecting herself to be twice as tall as Abraham, an imposing figure, yet with a face as delicate as porcelain.

This was the Goddess herself. Aditi, though not physically present, had arrived. She looked down to her two chosen protectors of this realm, a knowing sorrow and regret in her eyes as she gazed upon Uriel's wings. She then moved her gaze to young Renee, seeming to absorb every feature of the angel into her consciousness in a matter of moments. She nodded in approval, an outstretched hand exuding light.

"With every life, there comes death. It was the sacrifice I chose to make when I created you, my children, all those millennia ago. Through Uriel's passing, we shall find rebirth in the fiery spirit of you, Rene'ilyah. I grant you this power, use it to protect the realm, vanquish my fallen equal, and return the world to the heavenly peace I once crafted."

A wave of her hand, and the rainbow colored wings of Uriel were gone. A blinding light engulfed Renee, a myriad of colors surrounding her, and then they were gone. The angel now exuded a rainbow colored aura, and any who once knew her would feel that she had been forever changed, remade into something greater than she once was.

She gave the new Ethereal an encouraging smile before briefly turning her gaze to the envoys. Her eyes pierced each of their very souls, a sense of betrayal engulfing all of them But within that lay the Goddess' hope, seeing that they have embarked on the path of redemption, each envoy felt her desire for them to stay on the path. She missed them dearly.

As swiftly as she had appeared, the goddess was gone, though the moon and stars in the sky seemed to shine a little brighter thanks to the light that this new ethereal provided.

Rene'ilyah
Heavensfall Lake

Renee's eyes widened in the presence of the goddess, gasping in the familiarity she felt once she arrived. And when she heard her voice, her suspicions rang true. Aditi is the person that she has always heard in her dreams. This is her destiny. She is walking towards it, walking the path she was always meant to go through. She fell on her knees, acknowledging the presence of Aditi, and as her words ended she replied. "This power... I solemnly accept."

The goddess was gone as soon as she arrived, but the impact of her words upon Rene'ilyah lingered. As soon as she felt Uriel's aura engulf her she could feel the weight of responsibility on her shoulders, the power coursing through her veins, almost as if she was reborn into a different person. Perhaps she was. Everything felt different now. It feels as though every other experience she had was leading up to this moment. She stood up, and for the first time unfurled her wings: four white ones with golden tips. She was no longer the angel she once was. The thought gave her mixed feelings of awe, wonder... and fear. Fear that she won't live up to expectations. But that doesn't matter anymore.

She faced the envoys and ethereals, her new brothers and sisters... and smiled.

Anariel

As the light coalesced behind her, Anariel felt the presence of her Mother simply exist among them at the lake. She inhaled softly, her song silent in the moment, her mind becoming as serene as it had been when she was young.

When she was young.

Among the clouds and glorious light of Heaven, Anariel moved with effortless grace.
She had decided that today she would meet with Abraham and discuss something that had been troubling her of late.
After all, she'd sensed a stirring in his heart at the words that Lucifer had spoke to him and to the other Envoys, and while he was his own being,
she didn't want to lose him to the corruption that was being whispered of in relation to Mother's lover.

As she arrived at his dwelling, which was reasonably close to her own in the highest areas of the realm, she felt a flicker of worry cross her mind as her love sensed her presence. She herself shivered, but continued forward, trying to radiate positive feelings through their link to him, in order to calm him and ease his concern. As she stepped through the doorway, the gleaming gold of her aura fading slightly to more gentle levels, she looked to him but found that the aura he'd normally kept visible was barely there, fainter than she'd seen any being in Heaven have before.

"Abraham?" she began to ask, her voice suddenly full of concern.
Her mind returned to the present, aftershocks of the memory rippling through her and even into the bond that she shared with Abraham. She hadn't remembered the bond being so strong that they could communicate like that, but the memory had been from when he must've already been touched by Lucifer's insinuations.

She watched as Uriel's wings vanished in a small flare of light, then felt Aditi's power coursing through both her and Rythe, as well as simply spontaneously emanating from the air behind them. Her aura, something she'd not shown in centuries, suddenly flared to life, golden streaked with vividly shining silver, as Rene'ilyah's showed in prismatic hues for the first time. The energy was beyond her understanding, but even by being so close to it did she start to understand it ever so slightly. Before she could do or say anything, however, the moment was gone, leaving only a sliver of what she'd felt with her Mother there. As Renee turned with a smile on her face, Anariel returned the same, her mouth curling faintly, but her vision quickly turned to look at Abraham, a small amount of fear crossing her features as she wondered what his reaction to the memory had been. With a rustle of feathers, she fanned out her wings, rising into the air and flying over to Abraham, though she landed a few feet away from him, cautious in her motions.

"Ra. I remember," she said.

Last edited:
Abraham - Heavensfall Lake

He felt the amazing presence of his mother, but never got the chance to savor it. He felt the bond between him and Anariel pull him into a memory that he hadn't thought of in a millennium.

He sat alone in the center of his home, shrouded by darkness. Lucifer had come to meet him just the other day, and already Abraham's body was reeling from the effects of the meeting. Hair was growing all around his body, his musculature had started to expand, and there was the rage, an all consuming rage that filled his heart. He wanted to kill something. Suddenly he felt it, that golden aura of the woman he loved approaching his door, as it opened she would see not the green eyes of Abraham, but the red eyes of a monster.
He was thrust back into the present, able to catch Aditi's gaze as it pierced his very soul. It was almost like she was speaking to him. Don't break our hearts again. And then she was gone, and his lover stood before him, afraid, cautious, it broke his heart.

He stood and moved over to her, wrapping her in a warm embrace. "The night I fell. I saw it too. I was so foolish, to let myself become corrupted in such easy fashion. That mistake will haunt me the rest of my days. Forgive me, Anarial. Forgive me for breaking your heart, for being to blind to see the corruption happening to me, for taking the form of this grotesque creature. I beg you my love, forgive me." He pleaded into her shoulder.

Rythe, Heavensfall Lake

Rythe gazed at the radiant being as she appeared before them, eyes shining as he bare witness to the disappearance of Uriel's wings and the formation of Renee's, returning a proud grin at the new archangel and a subtle thumbs up before turning his attention towards the others, envoys and his other sister. As he watched Abraham and Anariel embrace each other, he reminisced over the past, when they were still one, when they were shattered in two, and now, when they reunited to war with the very hand that had broken them in the centuries prior. The memories remained vague in his mind, still hazed over from the piles of new memories atop them, but he could see the recollection in the pair's eyes; a step towards sealing the rift between them all as the full weight of the world seemingly rested upon their shoulders. Yet, one was a fresh archangel, and they had only just battled amongst each other a day ago, a battle which proved to Rythe that his archaic weaponry had run their course and now belonged in his bedside chest, a memento of the past glories. Too many tasks to do in such little time with the apocalypse approaching; training, retraining, tracking, problem-solving, perhaps even a moment to rest. Stepping from his stone into the lake, he began towards the edge of the lake, a solemn glaze passing over him, barely noticeable, and as if the weight of his clothing had increased the tiniest bit.

Anariel

She wrapped her arms around him as best she could, holding Abraham close as he opened more to her. She could still feel traces of Aditi's power lingering, and though she didn't plan to do so, she began to restore her own reserves from that power, drawing it in rather than drawing off of it. While not something she'd done in the last nine hundred years or so, she found it easy, though the power she drew it felt like it might burn her were she not careful. Even as it came to rest within her, bolstering her own reserves of magic to comfortable levels once more, she could feel that it remained separate from her own strength, a separate source of power within her. She pulled back from Abraham briefly, looking up into his brilliant green eyes.

"I have forgiven you your sins and mistakes already, Ra. When you chose to fight beside me once more, you were washed clean in my eyes, no matter what has happened to you physically." She smiled,letting her aura dim down to less noticeable levels once more, though she didn't dim it completely. She doubted she ever would again, with Lucifer out and about once more.

"It seems, however, that the bond we share was once far stronger than it is today. I believe that, for now, we will have to work on it, though there are far more pressing matters at hand." She looked at the Envoys briefly, then behind her to Renee and Rythe, waving them all over. There was planning to be done, and while each of them were capable in combat, they also each had talents fully unique to themselves that would help them bring about the changes that would need to be made.

After all, though she did not desire it, there was a war to be fought.

"Brothers and sisters, While we gathered here to welcome Renee to be among us, there remains a pressing issue. Lucifer himself has returned, and he has both the Cradle and the Plume. I do not know what capabilities they have together, but if we kept them apart for a thousand years, there must have been a reason for doing so." She paused momentarily, as if gathering herself to continue. "We saw that five of us together were no match for him on his own, no matter how long we held out against him, and while I have no doubts in the martial prowess of our new sister, I would not think that one more Ethereal would've made the difference and lead to his defeat. Especially now that he has the artifacts of our cities."

"Such as it is, however, has lead me to the thought that each of us should employ our talents among the peoples of Terrestria. We must bring them together, an undertaking that has never been done, at least since the arrival of myself and Rythe, but I feel it may be the only option. Of course, each of you all would be left to use whatever means you find works best to accomplish the task, but whatever is done needs to be done soon. While we've been here, there have doubtless been aftershocks from our battle with Lucifer and the loss of both the Plume and Cradle." She stood, looking at them all, her wings folded to her back comfortably, but not hidden from sight.

Last edited:
Aeriseth - Heavensfall Lake

The mere hint of the appearance of the goddess left the succubus feeling warm and fuzzy in ways she was sure she shouldn't feel. She was at least certain enough to know that she hadn't felt such sensations in ages. Her vast existence was painted in red and black. Tears drew to her eyes as for a moment she thought of the child she had once had and now lost. What a perfect life she might have had at one point only to realize --quite harshly-- such a thing wasn't in the cards for her. At least not at the moment. Her gaze slid to the man she knew in some part of her rotten heart she loved. What did he want when this was all over?

Placing her gaze on Anariel she gave the female her attention and listened lightly. Little was she aware but a small blue flame the size of a tiny wren and in the shape of a fox had come to rest just to the left of her feet. It had the simple ability to linger and listen. Someone would have to give it energy in order for it to speak in the voice of the master of it.

"Getting our asses handed to us isn't something I like to linger on," She quipped sharply at Anariel, "What are you suggesting?"

Back