New User Hello! Nice to meet everyone!

Zat

I'm a bit new to the idea of straight RP (I've done it plenty in a D&D context), but I thought I'd give it a shot.
I tried my hand at writing, and despite a good first run of it, have found the idea of continuing the story causing me more stress than joy.
But... I miss my characters, and I feel like character interactions are where I do best. And then I thought "Hey, aren't there places online where you can just like, go and roleplay as characters, and don't really have to worry about constructing an overarching narrative all by yourself?"
So here I am!

I have no idea what I'm doing, so would appreciate any advice people are willing to give.
I also wanted to make sure that RPing non-human/monstrous (in look, if not personality) characters is okay. If not, I figure there are other places!
This is the first RP forum I've ever join so I don't really know what to expect!

Thanks for having me!

Hi there, Zat! Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum! I'm sure that you'll love it here! You're new to rp? That's quite alright, we were all new at one point. You'll get the hang of it in no time! Really, rp is just writing. Writing a story with other people rather than one's self. What types of genres or topics do you like or want to write about? What are you looking forward to doing once you get approved?

Reactions: Zat
Hello Neko!
I'm mostly into Fantasy and Sci-fi genre-wise. As far as topics, I'm pretty open, but I do enjoy myself some action/adventure/slice-of-life as long as it's tied to interesting characters.
I've personally been writing a Fantasy story that is essentially about a lizard-cat monster thing that winds up adopted (like, as a kid, not a pet) by a human and is essentially figuring out how to operate in society while dealing with the difficulties that come along with that on both sides of the equation. Also, like making friends, rescuing children from fires, and helping deal with attacks by other, more dangerous monsters.

I suppose I'm interested in a good adventure, but I like writing about characters making exciting new friends and discoveries, or dealing with unexpected new situations. I also enjoy writing characters overcoming (or, attempting to overcome) mundane hardships that may not be issues for others. Like having to work around not having proper hands, or dealing with eye-strain in brightly lit areas.
The characters I enjoy writing the most are definitely the optimistic, friendly sort, but I do like to keep a head on their shoulders.

As for what I'm looking forward to doing, I'm not really sure yet! I think I'm going to look around on the bulletin board and see if I can hop into something? Again, pretty new to this so I'm a little nervous about how to get started...

Oooh, those are so cool! I love me some good fantasy and sci-fi related stuff too! And I LOVE that idea about the lizard-cat monster! I'd totally read it or take part in it if it was a rp! But those are some good choices and character traits! I can see that I fully agree with those and enjoy them too. I tend to write a lot of shy, timid characters but I also love writing more jerk-ish characters too. lol but I'm looking forward to writing with you sometime if you ever want to!

Well, if you're interested, here's a link. It is on Hiatus, but there is a pretty good amount of it written... had a bit of a traumatic event happen and haven't been able to get motivated with writing it again. Who knows! Maybe some RP will help. I look forward to writing with you too!

Oh hey! You use Royal Road too! That's so cool! It's rare that I find someone that knows about that place. But I'm totally gonna start reading that story of yours. XD Who knows, maybe with some rp inspiration~ Awesome! I hope we get to soon!

Thanks! I've just been looking around and posting where I'm able. I notice you have a signature. Is there any standard type of thing people put in them around here, is is it pretty free-form?

I've seen signatures consist of pictures, gifs, and little sayings or quotes. I think it really depends on what you want to do with them.

Back