New User Hello There Darlings

EowynWryter

Hello there Darlings!
I am EowynWryter, a 20 year female just trying her best to stumble as gracefully as possible through life. I have been writing for fun since I was about 8 years old and I have been roleplaying in forums like these since I was about 13. I am new to this forum though and this type of website layout, so please be patient with me.
I don't know exactly what else to say so I am just going to talk about my two favorite things: what I enjoy writing and animals.

I enjoy delving into things outside the realm of current possibility. This means fantasy, historical fiction, historical fantasy, science fiction and fandoms.
The fandoms that I enjoy roleplaying are: Harry Potter, Supernatural, the 100, The Secret Circle, Witches of East End, Sense 8 and Vampire Diaries.
I may do more, just ask, I might be forgetting some.

OMG ANIMAL TIME
Okay first off, here is a beautiful photo of something called a Sugar Glider!
e824b5c565abbae7d3b08281b97d93e7.jpg

ISN'T HE JUST THE CUTEST. HIS NAME IS BELLAMY AND HE JUST WANTS HUGS.

Next up, my kitties. I have two that don't live with me - one lives with my mother and the other lives with a step brother of mine. I will be adopting a new kitten that will be living with me soon and I am soooo excited. Here are photos of my two cats, my 11 year old old lady named Nana who is the sweetest and then my 1 year old little a**hole Warrior. View attachment 3439 View attachment 3440

Anyways, that is just about it! If you have any questions, ask!

Oh my gosh, cute pets!!! I love seeing others' pets omfg. It's so nice to meet you!!

I'm sure STC will be an awesome place for you to rp, once you go through the approval process. There's something for everyone here! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome to STC. Not often we see someone that is into historical fiction type settings. Personally, I like history. It was my minor in undergrad. What sort of era do you enjoy writing if you choose to do historical fiction? I've never been a fandom writer, but I am curious about your fandom interest in Sense 8. Do you consider the Sense 8 a fandom because you borrow the idea, but make original characters? While I didn't like the show, the idea of having a secondary form of communication that could go beyond typical human senses was quite interesting. I thought it was especially interesting when they could tap into the skills of one another.

Welcome to STC. Not often we see someone that is into historical fiction type settings. Personally, I like history. It was my minor in undergrad. What sort of era do you enjoy writing if you choose to do historical fiction? I've never been a fandom writer, but I am curious about your fandom interest in Sense 8. Do you consider the Sense 8 a fandom because you borrow the idea, but make original characters? While I didn't like the show, the idea of having a secondary form of communication that could go beyond typical human senses was quite interesting. I thought it was especially interesting when they could tap into the skills of one another.

First off, I love most eras before the 1800s, although occasionally I don't mind going into the 1800s-1900s. As for Sense 8, I loved the show and most, if not all of it's components. I am not going to argue about how amazing and innovative the show is in multiple ways, but I will answer your question. I prefer OCs in every fandom roleplay that I do because I find it a bit boring or cliche to follow canon so narrowly. However I prefer to follow the main storyline and background of sense 8 with the advanced species, telepathic connections and hyper gayness, haha.

Alright, I think that answered my question quite thoroughly. I would agree that an original character is usually better. Personally I have stayed away from fandoms for fear of the restrictions that they put on role players. Sense 8 with original characters is one that I think you could easily pull off without feeling caged in. Great thought on that. Sounds like you've got some great ideas. I'll be seeing you around.

Welcome to STC!! Loving the animal pictures. I have four sugar gliders myself; Bruce, Thalia, Harley, and Damian. We also have two cats; Chips and Queso. Pets are the best, and often better than people.

Historical fiction is great! If I had more time to get into the research (to write the era accurately), I'd probably write more historical fiction. As it stands, I typically shy away from the genre because I don't want to be inaccurate and don't have enough time for the research it would require. Kudos for writing in an often ignored genre. Once again, welcome!

Back