New User Hello

OfPensandSwords

Long Time Listener, First Time Caller
Hello, I'm OfPensandSwords. Like the old saying "The pen is mightier than the sword."

Anyway, I've been writing for several years now. I liked the one or two roleplays I did with some online friends a few years back and the practice was definitely worth a revisit. The last time I did this it was in a group DM on Instagram, so I apologize if I'm a little slow with the process of the website. Now, the only roleplays I was ever really in were kind of a fantasy/supernatural type (an established theme before I'd joined) So I've never really done any other types. But I'm pretty much open to any genre, though I have a leaning toward sci-fi, fantasy, or modern realism.

I'm a big fan of video games, especially story-heavy ones (i.e. The Last of Us, Bioshock, Injustice, Telltale games, etc.) I'm really a sucker for anything that's story-heavy, TV shows, Films, Books, if it's a medium though which a complex and compelling tale is told, I'm drawn to it. This is why I want revisit RPing(Is it ok to call it that?) Because it's a story with a deep level of authenticity, as each character really does have a different mind behind their actions. I find it so cool to be able to play the part of character you create and feel connected to. It was what I enjoyed most when doing it before, and what really drew me back.

So yeah, that's my little bit of info. Not nearly as in-depth as some others, I'm sure. But I feel I got my important points across. I hope this is well received, I'm open to questions (do we take questions on these?) And I can't wait to start meeting and writing with you all!

Welcome to the neighborhood. From Collaborative Storytelling and free-form Roleplaying to Pencil-and-paper tabletop RPGs, collective creative writing is our passion.

Hi! Welcome to STC!

I know you said that you've had some experience but joining a new community can be a little daunting. I just wanted to extend my welcome and let you know that if you're looking for something light to start off with we have this available for new and beginner players. It's a great place to test out characters, get to know some other players, and just kind of get a feel for things. We're a small group at the moment, but there's no commitment--come and go as you please!--and you're free to contribute your own ideas to the setting and such so as to flex some world building skills.

Once you're approved feel free to join us there, if you're feeling stuck.

At any rate, if you need help locating an RP to fit your tastes or need help figuring out the best way to start up your own, feel free to reach out and I'd be happy to pair you up with some players and/or GMs. I do hope you will enjoy your time here at STC and, once again, welcome!

Hi! Welcome to STC!

I know you said that you've had some experience but joining a new community can be a little daunting. I just wanted to extend my welcome and let you know that if you're looking for something light to start off with we have this available for new and beginner players. It's a great place to test out characters, get to know some other players, and just kind of get a feel for things. We're a small group at the moment, but there's no commitment--come and go as you please!--and you're free to contribute your own ideas to the setting and such so as to flex some world building skills.

Once you're approved feel free to join us there, if you're feeling stuck.

At any rate, if you need help locating an RP to fit your tastes or need help figuring out the best way to start up your own, feel free to reach out and I'd be happy to pair you up with some players and/or GMs. I do hope you will enjoy your time here at STC and, once again, welcome!

Thank you! I'll definitely take a look! And thank you everyone else for the warm reception!

Hey, also. I'm not expecting to be immediately approved, but what should I look for to know when I am?

As a fellow noob to the site, I extend a hearty welcome.
Hiya and fit like, fae the north-east o' Scotland.

Hey, also. I'm not expecting to be immediately approved, but what should I look for to know when I am?

You'll get a site alert and a trophy notifying you. Provided that you follow the instructions on Account Approval, it could happen in as little as 24 hours, possibly even less.

You'll get a site alert and a trophy notifying you. Provided that you follow the instructions on Account Approval, it could happen in as little as 24 hours, possibly even less.
Ok. I got a trohpy for "first post" so I should look out for something like that?

Yeah, you'll get alerted in the same area. Welcome to the site and happy posting.

Back