New User hello!!

cassidy

california gorl
hello lads! i’m cassidy, just your average gal who likes to write. it’s wonderful to be here, and i’m so excited to get started out and to talk to everyone!

this website seems really cool. i hope it’s a good fit for me (it seems like it will be)! anyhow, hopefully i will get accepted shortly and be able to get started with the roleplaying.

thanks for reading! :)

Hey great to meet you. How long have you been role playing?
nice to meet you as well! sorry for not replying, i had a personal matter to deal with. i’ve been roleplaying for several years now, so i’ve got some experience. how about you?

https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/account-approval-information.10/ (just in case you didn't get a chance to read that yet.)

I have been role playing off and on for about 11 years now. A little scary when I put it that way. Writing has been a hobby of mine for about 15 years and story telling for over 20. So, I've got a little experience when it comes to this stuff, but it doesn't mean I know it all. Lol. You could say that role playing is a hobby and I enjoy it. What kinds of writing do you enjoy?

https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/account-approval-information.10/ (just in case you didn't get a chance to read that yet.)

I have been role playing off and on for about 11 years now. A little scary when I put it that way. Writing has been a hobby of mine for about 15 years and story telling for over 20. So, I've got a little experience when it comes to this stuff, but it doesn't mean I know it all. Lol. You could say that role playing is a hobby and I enjoy it. What kinds of writing do you enjoy?

oh wow, that’s a long time! that’s so great! i do a lot of romance (i’m a sucker for it, lol), but i also like mystery and action and thriller! what types of genres do you like? what’s your usual roleplay length?

I have to admit that romance is not something I'm spectacular at. Typically I enjoy writing sci fi, some mixed genre stuff, political thrillers, action, and I'd like to try dabbling in mystery. Not so good at writing mystery. Lol. As for role play length. If you mean duration it has a broad range. In a role play with people that I write well with it lasts upward of 6 months with the longest running role play being around 3 years. Otherwise the post length is usually a few paragraphs or sometimes a few pages.

So, if you like romance and you're female I am assuming that you play female characters? If that was not a good guess then I suppose I at least took a shot at it. What is it that you find most compelling about writing romance?

that’s
I have to admit that romance is not something I'm spectacular at. Typically I enjoy writing sci fi, some mixed genre stuff, political thrillers, action, and I'd like to try dabbling in mystery. Not so good at writing mystery. Lol. As for role play length. If you mean duration it has a broad range. In a role play with people that I write well with it lasts upward of 6 months with the longest running role play being around 3 years. Otherwise the post length is usually a few paragraphs or sometimes a few pages.

So, if you like romance and you're female I am assuming that you play female characters? If that was not a good guess then I suppose I at least took a shot at it. What is it that you find most compelling about writing romance?

ah, dang, that all sounds awesome! i’m not huge on sci fi because i don’t think it’s my strong suit, but it is fun to dabble in. i mean the post lengths, haha, but that’s quite a while as far as duration goes! impressive! i usually write several paragraphs, but sometimes it can be much longer, lol. just depends on how motivated i am and how strongly i feel about the roleplay, i think.

correct! i do play male characters a lot as well, but i find that i’m better with females (likely because i have more experience). do you play female or male?

i think i just find it fun to delve into different dynamics of romance. like, you can really learn a lot about how personalities collide and how relationships change with romance. romance just attracts me for some reason (this would usually be the part where i say “it’s probably because i’m a libra”, lol).

Typically my main character will be a man. I do play some females as needed though. As for relationship sand how they change with romance it is something I've played around a few times, but I don't make it central to a story. If it happens it happens. Lol

Typically my main character will be a man. I do play some females as needed though. As for relationship sand how they change with romance it is something I've played around a few times, but I don't make it central to a story. If it happens it happens. Lol
ahh, i see! that’s an interesting approach to it; definitely respectable. if it’s a group roleplay, i usually try not to plot stuff like that out, but for 1x1 roleplays i usually do because it’s easier.

do you prefer group or 1x1?

I am a 1x1 player. Group role plays are a bit wild for me. Lol. When it is a romance in 1x1 it is again just something that happens on the side. People like each other, or they don't. I won't make my character like someone that is not to their liking. It ins't personal for me, it is just that I know my character and what they like.

I am a 1x1 player. Group role plays are a bit wild for me. Lol. When it is a romance in 1x1 it is again just something that happens on the side. People like each other, or they don't. I won't make my character like someone that is not to their liking. It ins't personal for me, it is just that I know my character and what they like.

ahah, group roleplays can get a bit... er, unpredictable? i find that you have to pick group ones very carefully or else you can get stuck in a bad one. 1x1 plots are always super fun, though! it’s so cool to befriend whoever you’re roleplaying with and to have something that’s (usually) more chill.

that’s definitely fair! i try to keep things realistic in that sense; if i plan to do a romance, i’ll usually try to work it out so that the characters would actually connect. once i had someone ask to do a romance with one of my characters that would have never gotten along well, and i have trouble saying no, so i just went with it lol, and faced much suffering. (thankfully one of my friends convinced me to end it before it went too far)

Hahaha, sounds like you've been around the block a few times. Most of my characters are a little bristly to start, but they're usually nice deep down inside. Lol

Hahaha, sounds like you've been around the block a few times. Most of my characters are a little bristly to start, but they're usually nice deep down inside. Lol

haha, i have! characters like that are always fun; i find that it’s interesting to pair them up with someone completely opposite of them, but maybe that’s just me. a few months ago, my friend and i did a roleplay with this guy who was kinda unapproachable, a bit closed off but super sweet on the inside and this girl who was very friendly and optimistic and dreamy. it worked really well in the end!

what’s your favorite character pairing for friends and such?

Hey, I'm all for the ornery streak. Lol. You can laugh, I'll get you later.
lol, some really great dynamics can come from it though? i had characters once who hated each other, but my character actually ended up becoming friends with the one that she hated’s brother, which was actually pretty cool.

Hey, fellow writer, welcome to STC. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have since i first arrived.

hello, and thank you! it’s nice to meet you! i’m sure but i will enjoy it; it seems lovely so far, although i’m still waiting to get approved lol

Back