Helpful Writing Sites/Programs

Wyknish

That's my secret-I never know what I'm doing
If you don't know what I mean, an example would be Hemingway editor. When in edit mode, it highlights sentences that are too long, or too complex. It also highlights adverbs, but sometimes can be annoying, because an adverb can work, so long as you don't use too many. It also highlights words that can be replaced with stronger ones, but sometimes they don't fit the story. So, as you can see, it's not really working out for me.

I have also heard of fighter's block, which I would recommend for those who write, short, fast stories. You get a lil' character and with each word they type, your character fights the bad guy. I think. I haven't actually tried it, as the concept doesn't really fit the way I write.

There's a program you can download for free called ZenWriter, which gives you all sorts of calming options to help you write.

You guys have any others? A lot of these don't help me, although I'm sure they could be useful to some of you!

Writer's Write has a bunch of writing advice on it that I find helpful sometimes, and the YouTube channel Terrible Writing Advice shows you a lot of things not to do in your genres, pointing out cliches and other things.

I personally know a lot of really good writing sites that help you with certain genres and even give you lot's of tips. They're mainly from professional writers and I kinda find them to be super interesting. I really don't know if this helps? Or if that was what you were looking for?

I know this hasn't been alive in 20 days, but I find TrueNovelist really helpful. It's free and has drop down menus for scenes, characters, settings, research and chapters. It's pretty versatile and though I discontinued the project eventually, I wrote 17000 words of a story on it, which is more than I've ever written on Word (barring essays).

Back