We're All Mad Here Here We Are!

Quartz smiles, gesturing vaguely to the south. "Oh, you know the woods a little ways back? I live in there." She finishes the rest of her food and pats her stomach, satisfied. "What about you?" She reciprocates, studying the pink-haired girl in front of her. She reaches back and tightens her little ponytail while she lets Chesh answer.

@Lish

"The forest sounds really cool," Chesh said nodding. She cocked her head. Where did she live? "I don't think I have a set residence," she said. "I live in a lot of different places, exploring everywhere and stuff. I stay at hotels and lodges all over the globe and different planets, too, not bound to a certain place or a certain people. There are some places that I spend more time at, so I do have friends there. So I guess the answer to your question..." (or, really her own question) She shrugged. "Nowhere. And everywhere."

She had been pretty much all over the world, and she had made friends in every city she had visited. This particular town in Japan had just felt like she should just come here, and she had made a friend!\

@JexMix

Quartz nods. "Huh. That's interesting. Well, if you'd like you could come over and meet Henry. I don't have anything to do after this." She says, putting her mask back on and making sure it's secure before standing up. "So, how about it?" She offers her hand to Chesh.

@Lish

Chesh's eyes lit up at Q's suggestion, and she squealed, "I would love to meet Henry!" she was about to reach her hand up to Quartz's own, letting Quartz help her up to her feet, but she didn't. Instead, she looked both ways to see if anyone was watching them, and when she confirmed that nobody was, she disappeared into purple smoke, and then reappeared in the same puff of smoke, standing next to Quartz. "Lead the way, Q!" she said with an extra-grand gesture.

@JexMix

Quartz flinches when the girl appears next to her. "How did you do that? That's so cool!" She exclaims, leading the way out of the cafe and down the street. The two come to the entrance of the woods, and Quartz smiles under her mask. "Ready?" She grabs hold of Chesh's hand.

@Lish (Sorry for not being on, I was at my dad's)

Chesh tossed her head at Quartz's comment, proud of herself for impressing her new friend. "Just something I've always been able to do," she shrugged, grinning. She followed Quartz, next to her and just slightly behind her. She stopped when her friend did, looking to her. she could see the corners of her eyes crinkle up a little bit, and her face shift under the mask she was wearing, showing that she was smiling. Chesh took Quartz's pale and clawed hand when Quartz grabbed her own. She smiled back. "What are we waiting for?" Quartz had a nickname, they were visiting her house, and they were holding hands. Chesh considered their relationship a friendship already, even though they barely knew each other and had only just met. They just both understood each other, that's all.

@JexMix , no problem! <3

Quartz nods and pulls Chesh into her arms, then takes off at a high speed, racing through the trees and dodging bushes and trunks. A few blurry moments later they arrive at Quartz's home, an old mansion in the middle of the woods. "We're here!" She pants, setting the girl down before taking off her mask. "I always forget how much stamina is needed for running." She looks over at Chesh, smiling. She had met someone who wasn't scared of her, who actually cared to ask about her. She just took off at 60 mph while holding her tightly to her chest, for god's sakes! Quartz considered Cheshire Cat a friend, and really hoped that she did, too.

@Lish <3

Chesh had not been expecting to be grabbed and then zoomed to Quartz's mansion, for multiple reasons. First, she hadn't known about Quartz's quick-y abilities. Second, Quartz could have at least warned her. Oh well, at least Chesh knew what she meant now when she had asked her if she was ready. Third, when Quartz had told her she lived in the woods, Chesh had visualized a small house, maybe a cottage, maybe a tree house. But she had not expected a mansion.

Before Quartz could put her down, as she slowed down from her speed-of-light running (okay, maybe it hadn't been, but it had felt like the speed of light in that moment), Chesh's instincts kicked in, taking control of her actions. As they came to a stop, Chesh jumped out of Quartz's arms, twisting her body in midair to land on her feet, crouched down with one of her hands lightly keeping her balance on the ground under her. It had been almost unnerving in how very catlike it was, but she was glad she hadn't kicked Quartz in the process. "Omg, I'm so sorry," she said, regaining her balance and willing her head to stop spinning. "I just have very strong instincts, that surprised me," she laughed, standing up and rejoining Quartz's side, relaxed once again. "That was brilliant, though! So cool. Is there anything else you can do?" She looked up at the mansion looming above them. "And your house is gorgeous."

@JexMix

Quartz blushes when Chesh compliments her. "I uh... a few things. And that cat-thing you just did was so cool!" She said while stepping up to the door and opening it. While the mansion looks abandoned on the outside, the inside is beautiful. It's well decorated and comfortable. "Well anyway, come in!" Quartz steps in, removing her mask and whistling a specific tune. A moment later, a huge spider appears. Like, great-dane sized. "Hi baby!" She bends down and pets the spider, wrinkling her nose and giggling.

@Lish

"Why thank you," she said, glad that Quartz hadn't felt like she had anything against her. "Warn me next time you grab me and dash off faster than a unicorn on drugs, k?" she said jokingly. Chesh followed Quartz in her house, looking around. "Wow. I love what you've done with the place." Then a giant spider charged them, most people's first instinct would be to stay away from it, maybe shy back, and try not to insult the owner in the process. Chesh was not the kind of person to do that. Instead, she gasped at the sight of the big bug. "Oh my gosh, you must be Henry!" she exclaimed, coming to Quartz's side and petting the spider. "Aren't you the cutest thing? Ah, well, actually, I'm the cutest thing, but you're a close second!" She continued to pet Henry, then said to Quartz. "How did you get him? I mean, it's not exactly the norm to have a spider the size of a cello just lying about."

@JexMix

Quartz laughed at the girl's excitement. "Well first I'll warn you next time, and I uh... I found him. As a baby. He was lost so I took him in." She stares into Henry's eyes (all 8 of them,) and smiled. "He's my best friend." She stands back up and faces Chesh. "So, what do you want to do? I have a lot of stuff we can do." She inquires, tilting her head.

@Lish

Chesh nodded, smiling at the fondness between Quartz and her spider. It made sense, just finding Henry as a baby, who was lost. It was kind of her to take him in. Chesh shrugged. "Like what kinds of things?" she paused a little bit, then had an idea. "It's a big house, but you could give me a tour," she suggested.

@JexMix

Quartz nods, hanging her mask on a peg on the wall. "If you'll follow me, I shall give you the grand tour, m'lady!" She exaggeratedly bows to Chesh before breaking out into laughter. "Anyway, here we go!" Quartz leads the girl around the large mansion, talking about each room in depth and why she chose the designs for that specific room. There's a twinkle in her eye when she talks about the basement, her favorite place. She figured that Chesh would enjoy the huge place, what with so many windowsills to nap on.

@Lish

Wow, Quartz's house really was cool. As they came to the basement, Chesh could tell she liked it down here the best. "So I'm guessing down here is your favorite place in your house?" she asked curiously. If Quartz affirmed this, she would say, "Why? Just curious."

@JexMix

Quartz nods. Sensing what the girl would ask next, she had already come up with a response. "Well, it's my library. It's got a fireplace and a bunch of shelves. There's a multitude of places to sit, so you can sit where you want depending on how you feel. It's dark, but not too dark. It's dark in that 'grand library' way, not 'dark scary forest' way." She explains, leading Chesh down the stairs and flipping on the light. Before them lies a wonderful forest of books. Quartz inhales then exhalse. "I love the smell of old books." She mutters.

@Lish

Chesh could feel the passion in her new friend's voice as she talked about the books in the library. "Woahhh that's a lot of books," Chesh marveled as she looked around at all the books and shelves in Quartz's library, illuminated by the light switch. Ah, so she was a bookworm kind of gal. Chesh liked those people. Well, really, it was very rare for her to not like someone, but she did like these people for a particular reason. Bookworms knew about the world. They could take a step back and think about things. They could draw on the knowledge of all the lessons they learned from all the different people in the books they read. They could learn things that otherwise people wouldn't know about. They were powerful because they knew how many different kinds of people's minds worked. But they were also just pleasant to be around, as Chesh had observed from her interaction with Quartz. "It's so beautiful," she murmured. "I'm not one to read many books myself. I have a very short attention span, you know. But I think the concept of books is beautiful. At least, like, fictional books. Novels and all that. Telling a story and seeing things through another person's eyes, but able to make up your mind for yourself whether you agree or not. Learning things from just a story that was so carefully crafted by this person... It's very cool indeed," she said. She wasn't usually this philosophical, but sometimes being in the presence of so many books just did that kind of thing to her. "Have you read all of them?" she asked, looking to Quartz.

@JexMix

Quartz was quite happy that her friend seemed to enjoy her library. "No, not yet. There are thousands of books in here. Oh, would you like to try reading a favorite of mine?" She goes over to one of the many shelves and runs her finger along the spines until she finds what she's looking for. She pulls the book out of its place and hands it to Chesh along with a bookmark from a small basket on the table. "Here, it's one of my favorites. It's also a graphic novel, so I figure it may keep your attention." She sighs and looks around wistfully, very clearly in her element.

@Lish

Cheshire nodded enthusiastically, following Quartz through the maze of books. She took the book from Quartz carefully, looking over it. It did spark her interest, and Quartz mentioned that it was a graphic novel- a comic book, so it wouldn't require a long attention span. Chesh smiled. Wow, she sure was a good judge of character. "Thank you!" she said excitedly, looking back up at her new friend. "That's thoughtful of you to pick this. I will definitely read it." Cheshire knew that since Quartz had read so many books, this one being one of her favorites was a big deal and meant it really was a good book. She was looking forward to reading it and hoped she would remember to return it to Quartz. "Hmm... what else do you have to do in your big pretty house?" she asked. "Not to take you away from your library or anything."

@JexMix

Quartz nods and leads her out of the library. "You're welcome. And there's tons to do here, actually. Name something, and we can probably do it. So, what would you like to do?" She asks, closing the basement door behind Chesh and looking around her living room. Maybe it's time to redecorate, it looks a bit dull in here. Henry scuttles up beside the two of them, affectionately rubbing his head against Chesh's leg. "Aw, it seems he's taken a liking to you already, brat." She smiles as she watches Henry love on his new friend, happy that he approves as well.

@Lish

Chesh had mainly asked Quartz what they could do because she was running out of ideas herself, but her expression turned thoughtful, and she thought through some possibilities. But it was then that Henry chose to approach the pink-haired woman again, and she crouched down to pet him, giving a little giggle and glad that the spider had taken a liking to her. That was the thing with animals. Usually they really loved her or they really hated her. There was no in between, and Chesh was glad that Henry really loved her. She wasn't sure what Quartz had meant by adding "brat" to the end of her sentence, but if it was referring to her, she didn't know what that word meant. "Hmm... oh!" She had an idea, and smiled, looking back up to Quartz while still petting the ginormous spider. "We could bake something. I know we just ate but... it's never a bad time to have sweets. Do you have ingredients and stuff?"

@JexMix

Back