We're All Mad Here Here We Are!

Chesh smirked at her friend. "And his own bathroom, apparently. Did you like, inherit this castle?" She knew it wasn't a castle, but it might as well have been. Chesh herself preferred smaller places, like tiny homes and little rooms. She didn't want to clean a big space, and didn't want to be tethered to any certain place that would need to be taken care of. She wanted to know new places and have comfy little places. She could even squeeze herself into impossibly small places, even in her human form. She wasn't used to such a big place or such big luxury that Quartz lived in, but she liked it anyway. It suited Quartz. "How does one bathe a spider?" Chesh asked over the water's noise. "Like a dog? Like a human?"

@JexMix

Quartz laughed. "No, like a spider, silly!" She rolls her eyes and grabs two washcloths and a bottle of a certain shampoo. "Alright, lemme show you how to wash a spider." They then commence to spend the next twenty minutes carefully washing Henry, who wriggles and shakes water on them. "And to answer your question from earlier, I guess so? This is where me and grandma lived."

@Lish

Chesh smirked. It had been a good comeback. "OMG you have spider shampoo!" she exclaimed, starting to copy Chesh's movements and wash the spider. Most people would be saying something along the lines of "I never thought I'd hear that," but Chesh didn't say it. Because it wasn't true. It wasn't like she had been dreaming of washing a giant spider all her life, but it had never been out of the list of possibilities for what could happen. Chesh nodded. She had thought so. She wondered about how Quartz had ended up with her grandma, but didn't want to poke her any more about her past and stuff. This was one of the few times Chesh was aware of the boundaries. She grabbed a towel (though she didn't consider how she knew exactly where the towels were) and helped Quartz dry the big spider off. "What a good boy," she cooed, smoothing down the hairs on his big body. Once they had finished, Cheshire stood up, feeling triumphant. "Mission accomplished. OMG-" she said with a realization- "the cake! We can eat it now, right?" Before waiting for an answer, Cheshire bolted to the kitchen, unnaturally fast for a human. But just slow enough that it could pass the eye of anyone who wasn't paying attention. She approached the cake, taking in another deep sniff. "Mmmm... Q?" she called, her mind already on another thing. "Can Henry eat chocolate cake?"

@JexMix

Quartz startled then chased after the girl, arriving just a few seconds after her. "Yes, he can. Not too much though." She replies, pulling out a cake knife, forks, and 3 plates. Henry scurries into the kitchen and bumps against their legs affectionately. "Would you like to feed him?" She cuts three slices and puts them all onto plates, handing Chesh two of them. "Here, follow me." They head to the living room and sit, where Quartz turns the television on. "You can give him his cake now." She motions to the very eager good boy.

@Lish

Cheshire balanced the two plates in her hands while nodding with vigor. Of course she wanted to feed a spider chocolate cake. She held it forward and set the plate on the ground, guessing that was the correct way. She stroked his head and let him eat the smaller slice of cake. Then Cheshire slowly but eagerly began eating her own, in civilized bites. "Mmmm, it's so goooood," she gushed. She looked up to see the television was on. "You have television service out here?" she asked. "Is it called that?"

@JexMix

Quartz flips through the channels, flopping down on the couch and stretching her long legs out. "Yep! I get tv out here. Don't ask me how, grandmother was always the one who kept things running. Although she did teach me how to keep the electricity, water, and cable running. Magic I think? I dunno." She takes a bite of her own cake, savoring the chocolatey goodness. She hums in satisfaction then turns to Chesh. "You can sit down. What do you want to watch?"

@Lish

"Magic is epic," Chesh commented as she ate another bite of her cake and then sat down next to Quartz on the couch. It made her words a little muffled, and she giggled a little because of that. She trained her eyes on the television as Q flipped through the channels. "What kind of things can you watch? I'm not very T.V.-ily adept." That, of course, wasn't a word or a phrase, and Chesh knew that.

@JexMix

Pretty much anything, really. How about.. this?" Quartz flips to Netflix then puts on an anime called Kakegurui. "I think you'll like this." She takes another bite and settles in with her friend for a binge.

@Lish

@JexMix Yeah, I'm fine. I've just been really busy lately :D So sorry for the late responses!

Cheshire trained her eyes on the television, watching the show. Shows were much more her speed than books or movies. With books and movies, you had to make a commitment to them if you wanted to see the end and find out what happened. And Chesh got bored way before she could really make that commitment. Shows, you could stop at any time- they were only around an hour and a half- forty five minutes at most. She liked the anime that Quartz put on for them to binge. She hadn't ever seen it before, and it was interesting.

Back