We're All Mad Here Here We Are!

NightshadeFalls

Aggressive Floaty Thing
(@Lish )

Quartz had decided to actually GO OUT and try to socialize with people. She walks down the street, her appearance and height earning her odd looks and whispers from other pedestrians. She tries her best to block them out, even though she can hear what they're saying. So she ducks into a little cafe to 'hide.'
The little bell on the door chimes as she steps in, seating herself at one of the tables. All of a sudden, a cat jumps into her lap. "Aww, so cute!"

Cheshire Cat was in her human form currently, as she walked into the cafe. A Cafe in Japan, she noticed, because of the language and alphabet everywhere. She scanned the cafe. Quite small, but well organized and clean. Good enough for her to eat here. Chesh walked forward a little bit, wondering if she could just sit down wherever. It looked like it. But then she spied a cat. A cat! Slightly related to her, as she could turn into a cat at will. She approached the person who had the cat on her lap, almost skipping over there. "Hello!" she said brightly. "Can I pet your cat? It is absolutely adorable." Normally she would just pet the cat anyway, but she felt like this person deserved a little more respect than most. After all, cats are an extremely good judge of character. And if it sat on her lap, chances were it was either a good person or a very good lap.

@JexMix as Quartz Chrystal

Surprised at the sudden voice, Quartz jolts and looks up at the speaker. "I-uh, sure! Go ahead!" She moves her arm so the stranger can pet the cat, her other hand still giving the kitty skritches under its chin. "What's your name?" She inquires, figuring this might be a good opportunity to maybe make a friend.

Cheshire crouched down next to the chair of the cat and the lap it was sitting in. A pretty pretty cat. She reached out her hands, letting the cat sniff her for a couple seconds before starting to pet it around the ears and neck. She was asked what her name was. Cheshire looked up at the more humanoid of her two new companions. "My name is Cheshire Cat, but you can call me whatever. Chesh, Cat, Ice cream cone, pink-haired brat, whatever strikes your fancy. What's yours? Your name, I mean." Chesh then realized maybe she shouldn't have started talking in English at first, since they were in Japan, so maybe she should have talked in Japanese. But this person seemed to be fine talking in English. Maybe she should talk to the cat in Japanese, though, if she ended up talking to the cat. Chesh knew a lot of languages. It wasn't like she had learned these languages, but they had just kind of existed in her brain.

@JexMix as Quartz

Quartz watched the girl for a moment, unsure. But as she petted the cat, she knew it was okay. "I'm known as Quartz. It's nice to meet you, Chesh." She smiles under her mask. "Do you want to order something? My treat." Quartz motioned to the empty seat opposite her. She wonders if this girl would become her friend, as it seems she has no trouble talking to people.

@Lish as Chesh

Chesh cocked her head. "Quartz. Quartz like the clear crystal thingy. Those are cool. It's nice to meet you, too. Any friend of a cat is a friend of mine," she said. She was invited to order something at the treat of the crystal lady. Her eyes lit up at this request. The cat really was a good judge of character. She would be getting free stuff from this girl. And legally, too! "Sure!" Chesh decided that the cat had gotten enough of her attention, and if it really really wanted more, it could follow her. She stood up and took the seat opposite of Quartz. "Very nice of you to offer, Miss Quartz. What brings you here, to this lovely little cafe?"

@JexMix as Quartz

Quartz giggles when the girl makes the connection about her name. A hyper one, this girl is. At Chesh's question, she shrugs. "I was out for a walk and I wanted to go inside is all. So here I am, in a cat cafe. And you?" A waitress comes over to take their orders. Once she has their orders, she leaves to go fill them while Quartz and Chesh converse.

@Lish as Chesh

Chesh was glad that Quartz was loosening up a little, laughing at her comment. She had seemed a little stiff, a little startled before. If she was that sensitive to people just injecting themselves in her life, she clearly had not spent a lot of time with Cheshire, and if this was to be more than a one-time thing, Quartz would probably have to get used to it. Chesh shrugged at the question. "I dunno, I just kind of felt like I had to be here. Sometimes my impulses are weird like that. Well, I guess since I met you it couldn't have been all that weird. Maybe it happened for a reason. Do you believe in that kind of stuff?" she asked Quartz vaguely. The waitress came to get their orders, and Chesh took only a couple of seconds to decide before providing it. As the waitress prepared to walk away, Cheshire complimented her shoes.

@JexMix

Quartz shrugs, absentmindedly petting the cat that had fallen asleep on her lap while another one rests on her shoulders. "Yeah, I guess. I mean I don't usually have people come up to me and talk to me, so this is new. But who knows. What do you like to do for fun?" The cats on her purr happily as she gives them pets and love, and she smiles to herself.

@Lish (Also sorry, I'm a bit rusty)

Chesh nodded. She was definitely finicky when it came to believing in either fate or coincidence. Maybe everything really did happen for a reason, but at the same time, anything and everything could be random chance that it happened. She wasn't sure, but she didn't really ever care enough to think about it too much. Quartz asked her about the things she liked to do for fun, and Chesh cocked her head. "I dunno. I like... napping, I guess. Exploring, traveling. Sometimes I take pictures of stuff- what's that called again? Oh, Pho-to-graffy. Yes, I do that sometimes. Uhh," she shrugged. "Not much, just exploring and stuff." She returned the question to Quartz. "What about you? What kind of things do you like to do for fun?" Chesh crossed her legs in the seat she was sitting in, leaning her elbows on the table between the two.

@JexMix

Quartz almost giggles at Chesh's pronunciation of photography, but she catches herself as not to seem rude. "Well, I don't go out much, really. I mostly just stay inside and sleep, read, or play video games. Oh, my spider likes to go on walks with me. His name is Henry." She explains, vaguely gesturing beside her before realizing he's back home. "Oops, I'm used to him coming out with me." The waitress sets their food down in front of them and receives a thank you. Quartz then removes her mask to eat, thus also revealing that her mouth is cut up to her cheeks.

@Lish

Chesh could sense Quartz's amusement at something she said, but she wasn't really worried about it. The woman nodded at Quartz's reply. She gasped when Quartz talked about her pet spider. "Really?" she asked. It was almost a squeal. "A spider? I love those thingies! What kind of spider is Henry? A li'l one? A big one?" Chesh was very very happy when her food arrived, and she said to the waitress, "OMG, thank you so much! Arigatō, arigatō." She took a napkin and instinctively spread it in her lap. When she looked up, Quartz's mask was off. Chesh either didn't seem to notice or didn't seem to care. She had absolutely zero reaction to the appearance of Quartz's face under her mask. "You're really pretty," Cheshire told her. "Why do you wear that mask anyway?" She started to eat her food that she had ordered. "Wow, this food is so good."

@JexMix

Quartz had started to eat but nearly spit out her food when Chesh complimented her and asked why she wore the mask. "I... do you not see this?" She points to her face. "It scares people so I wear a mask. But thank you, you're rather attractive yourself." She replies, her cheeks red. "And Henry is a huge tarantula. Think like the size of a big dog. He's got his own room in the house and loves to go for walks. And yeah, the food here is good." She realizes she's rambling and shoves a bite into her mouth to shut herself up.

@Lish

Cheshire was oblivious to why Quartz seemed surprised, but she nodded as Quartz explained. "Ohhhh, that makes sense. Very nice of you to do that." Sometimes Chesh really was oblivious, but deep down, she knew more than most people did. She was then complimented herself on her physical appearance and smiled, flipping her pink hair off one shoulder. "Why thank you, I know." She nodded at the rest of Quartz's comments. "So. You like cats, you have a spider. What is your favorite species of animal then? Or do you just love them all?" She asked, as if they were talking about a very important subject.
@JexMix

Quartz nods and swallows her food. "All of them." She replies, looking deadly serious before breaking out into a laugh. Unable to stop herself, she sits there laughing at herself for a moment before she manages to calm herself down. "Do you have a favorite animal?" She returns the question.

@Lish

Both of them laughed after Quartz's answer, dead serious at such a carefree kind of topic. Chesh wasn't sure how to respond at first to the same question and hesitated a little bit, but once the answer came to her, she smiled slyly and said, "Myself, of course. Would there be any other animal to best me?" she said it mostly in a teasing way, but she really was her own favorite.

@JexMix

Quartz smiles and shrugs. "Hey, self-love is important. So..." She trails off, trying to think of a question to ask. She comes up with nothing and instead takes a bit of her food then offers the spoon to Chesh. "Here, you've gotta try this! It's so good." She remembered watching people in anime do this, so she decided to do it.

@Lish

Self-love. Well, Chesh certainly did love herself, so Quartz could not be wrong there.

Quartz offered her a spoon with food on it, saying that she just had to try it. Chesh took the spoon from her with one hand, slipping it in her mouth. Her face lit up as the taste spread over her taste buds, and her posture melted, her mouth savoring the flavor in her mouth. "Wow! Yeah, you're so right," she said around the food. "This cafe knows how to make this stuff!" She swallowed the food, the aftertaste still lingering on her tongue. She slid the spoon across the table back to Quartz, not knowing if she wanted to use it or not after it had been in Chesh's mouth. Chesh wondered if she should share with Quartz now, since Quartz had shared with her. It would only be polite. Quartz was paying for all of it, anyway. So she said, "Here, try some of mine, Q," and scooped some up on another spoon, handing it to Quartz to try. She hadn't even really realized she had called her new acquaintance "Q." She always came up with nicknames for people, and now Q was the one for Quartz. "Isn't it so good?!" she exclaimed happily.

Now, for conversation topics. What would they talk about? Maybe food. Chesh carried on the conversation. "So, what's your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Snack? Second breakfast?" she listed off different "meals," though snack probably wasn't a meal, really.

@JexMix

Quartz took the spoon offered to her and slipped it into her mouth, her eyes instantly lighting up as soon as the food touches her tongue. "So good!" She does a little dance in her seat, then gives the spoon back to Chesh before taking her own and continuing to eat. She hadn't even noticed that Chesh had given her a nickname. "My favorite meal? Well, I don't usually eat all that much, but I like dinner. You can have anything for dinner, even..." She glances around, making sure no one was paying attention, then leans over the table towards Chesh. "Ice cream!" She stage whispers, then starts giggling at herself.

@Lish

Q had definitely loosened up a little bit since Chesh had first approached her, giggling about having anything for dinner, even ice cream. Chesh giggled with her. "That's true. Very true." Chesh cocked her head, trying to decide the answer to her own question that she had asked. "I'm not sure what my own favorite meal would be, I just eat what I want when I want." Chesh cocked her head, curious. "Where do you live? Like, not specifically, I'm not a creepy stalker, but like, in general. Earth? Japan? Another planet?"

@JexMix

Back