Heroes: Recruiting

BrookeDi

Benefactor
It's me, again. Starting something up with @TheGreenerGrey this time. If interested, please go ahead and post your CS and when it seems like interest has slowed we will do a mass approval/disproval at one time. Please get with us both if you have any questions.

Every hero and every villain has to start somewhere. Some, like the Joker, simple become. Others, like Batman, are created from circumstance. And even heros and villains age; they have the same need as most to create a prodigy, to acheive immortality through another. For some retiring and having children is enough, but for others it's more important to pass down their knowledge, to train another young hopeful in their ways.

Enter the Young Justice League. College aged students all trained, to some degree, by a hero or villain of some kind. You have the high moral compass "good guys" and the anti-hero, not quite a villain (though, usually trained by one) but couldn't exactly qualify as a hero, either. They make up the YJL, not fully capable of protecting an entire city just yet, they've been tasked with looking over the rural college town of Ladena Valley while learning to balance their regular lives with their super ones.

Name: (Super hero name)
Name: (Secret Identity)
Appearance: (super hero)
Appearance: (secret identity)
Super Power: (If powered, up to 2. Otherwise n/a)
Equipment/Training: (if powered, n/a)
Weakness:
Other Skills:
Mentor/Background: (who was your mentor and how did you end up part of this team)

Name: Memory Marshall

Name: Lark (short for Larker)

Appearance: Lark wears a costume similar to that of her mentor; full body jester costume, though unlike her mentor her unitard is black and white, as is the hat she wears. Her face, rather than being covered by paint, is covered in it's entirety by a simple, plain black mask. Lark stands at about 5'6'' (she wears lifts, so what?), and her eyes are covered by her mask.

Appearance:
Memory has long blonde hair, with dark purple streaks. Bright green eyes, she stands at around 5'4'' and is usually dressed in dark colors. Thin and flat chested, which aids in her gymnastic approach to life and crime fighting.

Super Power:
n/a

Equipment/Training: Trained in hand to hand combat (various forms of Extreme Martial Arts learned from her mentor; She uses gymnastics, taekwondo (her main focus), and some kickboxing), and in the art of explosives (big and small). She has totally not given these up since her joining of the YJL (she usually has something hidden on her person, kept from the leader of the YJL). Her preferred weapon of choice is usually a heavy flail.

Weakness:
While having some strength, it cannot exceed human limits. Most human flaws and fragility can be listed here. Deathly allergic to strawberries (laugh and she'll punch you in the face, and she's not so great with knives

Other Skills:
Acrobatics and manipulation/psychology.

Mentor/Background:
Harley Quinn (and for a short time, Joker). She started training with the zany couple, but after a few years Harley made her egress from the relationship. However, the damage was already done for both of them. Harley decided that they would be good, but their methods of doing good aren't always highly approved by the Truly Moral. After twelve years of studying beneath Harley and as her father started pushing her toward college, Memory decided it was time to be on her own. So she left home, she left her mentor, and aimed for a spot in the YJL. They're not exactly approving of her methods, but they've allowed her to remain.

Last edited:
Name: Red Sentinel
Name: Jordan Bellows
Appearance: Jordan wears a red helmet, not unlike that of his mentor. Much like the Red Hood, the sight of this helmet is designed to strike fear into the hearts of criminals.
Along with his helmet, Jordan is clad white body armour from head to toe, made of interlocking plates that were designed to shrug off bullet fire while till allowing for maximum maneuverabilty. The armour is close fitting and has streaks of red winding and twisting up his arms and legs in sharp yet smooth patterns, coalescing at the base of his helmet. Along his hips and his back are holsters for his weapons, using experimental grav-tech given to him by the league to keep them in place.
Appearance: Jordan stands at 6'2" with dark skin, brown eyes and black hair. Often found in a dark green t-shirt and jeans, his left ear also as a multitude of piercings running along it. He is lean, his muscles cordlike, and he gives off a feeling of elasticity.
Super Power: N/A
Equipment/Training: Trained by the Red Hood, Jordan is a master of martial arts. Much like his mentor, his fighting style focuses on brutality, strength, and speed, however unlike his master he tends to be far flashier, often using spins to increase the effectiveness of his strikes. He adept at the arts of Aikido, Capoeira, Karate, Ninjutsu, Savate, Krav Maga, Kickboxing and Tae Kwon Do as well as the signature styles and martial arts of the All-Caste and League of Assasins.

Jordan is also an expert on weaponry, and well versed in the ways of handling said weapons. At all times he will prefer to use either his two pistols, rifle or two combat knives on his body to augment his fighting styles into a more lethal effective method.
Weakness: While well trained, Jordan is still human and the regular human limitations apply to him. He also isn't particularly smart when it comes to things outside of combat, and can be easily outwitted by the more intelligence focused villains.
Other Skills: Decent Acrobat, good with explosives and a skilled driver.
Mentor/Background: Jordan's mentor was Red Hood, also known as Jason Todd. A street rat like his mentor, he was taken in by Todd during one of the Red Hood's darker moods. Trained as a weapon, Jordan never got a chance to enter the field before his master turned face and became an anti-hero. However, instead of dumping Jordan, Jason decided to fix his mistake by finishing his training.

When the Justice League came calling, Jordan volunteered to go over to them as a gesture of good faith between the team and his mentor. Soon, he was relegated to the YJL, both as a formidable ally to aid the protégés of the League as well as to make sure he was watched.

Name: Math Girl
Name: Gwen Michelle Wilson
Appearance: She wears a green web belt with a pi shaped buckle, a black shirt, white tights that cover her feet, and black knee-high go-go boots.
Appearance: She has average height, weight, and body build for a muscle tone for 17 year-old girl She has white skin, black shoulder length hair with a pink hair bow, green eyes, and black eyeliner.

Super Power: None

Equipment/Training: None.

Weaknesses: Lemons, yams, and cranberry sauce.

Other Skills: She can make friends, make fashion, and very atheltic.

Mentor/Background: Rachel Roth. She helped Gwen by homeschooling her math skills. Her other skills come natural to her.

@geniusinmath I'm not sure a math person is an effective hero? Particularly as she has no other skills to defeat villains and no kind of training or equipment beyond math. If you think of another character concept, feel free to try posting another CS but I'm not sure Gwen is the best fit for this particular RP. Thank you for your interest, though! :>

I'd jump for the chance at a superhero themed rp but I don't have much knowledge on the DC-verse other than the fact that, according to some batman movie i saw as a child, it is a dark dark world where Danny DeVito lurks in the sewers...prowling....waiting....

anyways yeah how much do i need to know of the canon setting if I'm interested?

I'd jump for the chance at a superhero themed rp but I don't have much knowledge on the DC-verse other than the fact that, according to some batman movie i saw as a child, it is a dark dark world where Danny DeVito lurks in the sewers...prowling....waiting....

anyways yeah how much do i need to know of the canon setting if I'm interested?
If you know who's in the justice league and vaguely what they do, you're all good. Just pick who you like most/know most about as a mentor and roll from there.

i know that the sewers are habitable .......

Lmao! I think you'd be good just googling the justice league and being at least vaguely aware of who the members are (or some of the names), and then picking someone from the DC universe and focusing on them. As long as you know who they are, I think you'll be fine, as they are the one who is going to shape your character's fighting style as well as, potentially, their personality.

Lmao! I think you'd be good just googling the justice league and being at least vaguely aware of who the members are (or some of the names), and then picking someone from the DC universe and focusing on them. As long as you know who they are, I think you'll be fine, as they are the one who is going to shape your character's fighting style as well as, potentially, their personality.

I actually already have an idea for a super hero-ish character that I've been wanting to use ,,, is a mentor really necessary or ?

(sorry for all these questions)

I actually already have an idea for a super hero-ish character that I've been wanting to use ,,, is a mentor really necessary or ?

(sorry for all these questions)
A mentor is not exactly needed, but it is preferred for storytelling reasons. If you wish, you can tell me a general idea of your char and I can match them up with a mentor? You wouldn’t need to change or add anything.

A mentor is not exactly needed, but it is preferred for storytelling reasons. If you wish, you can tell me a general idea of your char and I can match them up with a mentor? You wouldn’t need to change or add anything.

I was thinking of like a somewhat rat themed character who lives underground ? or just kinda secluded away so they most likely wouldn't be all that familiar certain canon characters since they p much live under a rock ?

this sounds dumb now that i type it out lol

I was thinking of like a somewhat rat themed character who lives underground ? or just kinda secluded away so they most likely wouldn't be all that familiar certain canon characters since they p much live under a rock ?

this sounds dumb now that i type it out lol
Damn. I... I actually have noone for that who isn't a complete psychopath. Are they rat themed or literally have rat like qualities? Would they be a hero or anti-hero for that matter?

Damn. I... I actually have noone for that who isn't a complete psychopath. Are they rat themed or literally have rat like qualities? Would they be a hero or anti-hero for that matter?
Rat themed and some rat like mannerisms? (like sniffing food given to them) Ability would be flexibility, almost to a superhuman extent. Also most likely hero. Ok, tbh theyre inspired by the phenomenon of rat kings

sorry for the trouble man

Rat themed and some rat like mannerisms? (like sniffing food given to them) Ability would be flexibility, almost to a superhuman extent. Also most likely hero. Ok, tbh theyre inspired by the phenomenon of rat kings

sorry for the trouble man
Sounds pretty badass and would you consider Nightwing as a mentor? He's a hero with a strong moral compass, acrobatic as hell and trained by batman to be an amazing detective.

Name: Tanglerat
Name: Rikki Wesley
Appearance: Black body suit with dark purple accents made of a breathable elastic material with protective padding over her vitals and soles of feet. Gloves of the same material with brown faux fur trim. The same faux fur line the edges of the pointy-snouted mask that covers her half her face.
Appearance: Rikki is a lanky young woman with a notable slouch and uneven teeth. She keeps her short dark brown hair in a messy bob cut with bangs constantly falling over her soft hazel eyes. Also, she could probably use a manicure.
Super Power: Superhuman flexibility – able to bend at uncanny angles
Equipment/Training: N/a
Weakness: If she’s not careful she can get locked in an inconvenient position, lack social skills, never graduated from highschool,
Other Skills: Agile and acrobatic, sewing, good with knives
Mentor/Background: Mentored by Nightwing for around six years.
Rikki grew up never having much to her name and she still doesn’t. Whatever she earns from her day job at a local supermarket, she spends on necessities and sewing supplies (it’s a hobby). Her interest in heroics, however, has been since childhood. She doesn’t really see the point in working in a team and only joined the YJL as means of having somewhere to fit in…finally (?).

I'm so sorry this is super delayed, the weekends have been eventful for me... (also i got stuck on the background ahaha)

Name: Tanglerat
Name: Rikki Wesley
Appearance: Black body suit with dark purple accents made of a breathable elastic material with protective padding over her vitals and soles of feet. Gloves of the same material with brown faux fur trim. The same faux fur line the edges of the pointy-snouted mask that covers her half her face.
Appearance: Rikki is a lanky young woman with a notable slouch and uneven teeth. She keeps her short dark brown hair in a messy bob cut with bangs constantly falling over her soft hazel eyes. Also, she could probably use a manicure.
Super Power: Superhuman flexibility – able to bend at uncanny angles
Equipment/Training: N/a
Weakness: If she’s not careful she can get locked in an inconvenient position, lack social skills, never graduated from highschool,
Other Skills: Agile and acrobatic, sewing, good with knives
Mentor/Background: Mentored by Nightwing for around six years.
Rikki grew up never having much to her name and she still doesn’t. Whatever she earns from her day job at a local supermarket, she spends on necessities and sewing supplies (it’s a hobby). Her interest in heroics, however, has been since childhood. She doesn’t really see the point in working in a team and only joined the YJL as means of having somewhere to fit in…finally (?).
Sounds good! Approved!

(Although if you want to, Nightwing would have been able to give her a decent education over the six years)

Back