New User Heyo!

Lieven

Heyo, I'm Levi! I've been roleplaying for about seven years now, in various places. I took a break from most roleplaying for about a year to focus on other writing endeavours, but I've been craving it lately and figure I could find a bit of time to spare. I love a lot of things; writing, music, baking, movies, getting lost in the woods. There's not much I hate. I'm in EDT at the moment, I go by he/him pronouns, and I'm always open to music suggestions.

When it comes to roleplaying, I'm here to have fun. I'm always up for 1x1s or open roleplays, but there's a special place in my heart for private small group roleplays - three to five people, maybe - that we develop together. I don't care too much about post length or writing quality or any overly technical systems - if you have fun ideas, if you're willing to make spontaneous moves without warning, if you're ready to let the characters drive the plot, and if you're eager to get to know each other to make doing all those things that much easier, you're the person I want to roleplay with. Characters and the relationships they form with each other - the messier the better - are everything to me. If the characters are good and the roleplayers are my style, I'm not too concerned about the genre or plot being anything too specific. As a general rule of thumb, I enjoy a wide range of fantasy settings, be they high fantasy, modern/urban fantasy, or a vaguely dystopian futuristic fantasy. Sometimes I'll get a craving for realism, so long as the characters mean enough to me.

TLDR; I'm here to have fun with characters and make some friends along the way, not to write the best words I possibly can - though if I get into it enough, that's sure to come in time. I look forward to getting to know everyone and seeing what we can create together!

Welcome to the site! If you have any questions, ask away and somebody around here will know the answer.

Speaking of questions, what is your favorite genre to write? And what is your least favorite?

I usually find myself drawn to fantasy, and within that I find I can never really go wrong with some futuristic or dystopian fantasy, especially when it comes to roleplaying. My most successful independent or joint writing projects, though, have been more in the heroic/high fantasy realm (though usually without too many fantastical races - I'm not quite sure what the subgenre title for it would be), or modern/urban/low fantasy. I don't really strongly dislike any particular genre, but I don't usually jump at the opportunity to write paranormal fantasy (vampires, werewolves, the like).

I tend to do a lot fantasy, myself, and there's a fair number of people here who do those types or under that umbrella. I have only really done one dystopian type that had fantasy elements, and I really enjoyed it! What draws you to futuristic or dystopian fantasies?

I'm not entirely sure - if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's probably something about the types of characters and character arcs that those sorts of settings encourage. Maybe just nostalgia, too - I've had a few really great experiences in dystopian fantasy roleplays, or something sort of resembling dystopian fantasy, so it's always cool to revisit that nostalgia and see if I can recreate the great times.

Back