Ame Damnee Hgronian South Province - Farmlands: Barn

Rythe, The Barn

Rythe felt Chandra's eyes peering at him, boring into the back of his head; he silently frowned. While he resisted the allure of her rage this time, there was no certainty that he could prevent a collapse into madness next time... he knew his enemies, but there would only be his long forgotten experience and training holding him back from attacking his own allies. There was much he had lost in his years as advisor... Uriel, friends, family, skills; reflecting on it, his hubris masking it all. He glanced at Aeriseth, giving a short hello before turning his attention to the injured. "That's good to hear, Alexander... I'm assuming the envoys have left Lucifer's side?" Feeling a hand on his shoulder, he turned towards Abraham, responding, "You as well, it's been too long." before giving him a light pat on the back. "It's also been good to meet you, Lila, I'm assuming?" He put his hand out in a handshake while slightly cringing at the now gaping arrow wound in her leg.

At Anariel's words, he sighed quietly, there would indeed need to be a replacement for their old friend. Nodding slightly, he responded, "I remember, all too well, I believe I already have a new candidate in mind. She should be with the Warden group I was traveling with to find the Plume in Fairharvest, we should travel there as soon as possible to rest and recover. I won't doubt you, Anariel, but I doubt myself more and more these days. The things we've all lost have been slowly eating away at who I a-" he cut himself short, looking away from her, "-was. I... I need help, the Grandmasters have died out without a new candidate to take their place, New Eden is vulnerable and I suspect a revolt. I'm crumbling without war and bloodshed to drive me on, yet when war knocks on the door, it knocks me down without effort, I can only hope that our new sibling will fare better than I have in their own lifetime..."

Aeriseth
The Barn

Aeriseth watched as Alexander croaked in pain, though he would be fine the healing would take time. Time heals all wounds. Her brow furrowed, realizing just who she was surrounded by. Now that Lucifer had vanished, reality came crashing down on her like a dead tree falls against the ground in a storm. She tilted her head to the ground as she allowed her eyes to move from corner to corner, peering at the company she was in. Anariel, Alexander, Rythe, Abraham... and Uriel's wings. Why do we have to be together in the same room right now? That damned Lucifer bringing us together... why did I answer the Songbird's call? Lady Death clenched her fist, angered by her own thoughts as a feeling of guilt welled up in her stomach. I couldn't possibly care about these fools still? Centuries... it's been centuries.

A sigh escaped the woman's lips, her fist unclenching as she raised her head to meet Anariel's voice. The Songbird began by calling her sister of all things and quickly continued into an idiotic speech about growing apart, being afraid, Uriel's wings, apologies, and forgiveness. Aeriseth stared at Anariel with a stupidly blank look following her lecture. Forgiveness? An apology? The Songbird still thinks of me as a person of the past... that person is dead. "You want me to apologize to you?" she asked, an anger underlying her tone. "Who do you think I am? Some fluffy fucking piece of trash who will be taken advantage of? I think not, angel." Aeriseth allowed her venomous tongue linger on the title of angel, a title she once held. "You call me your sister but we are very different now, no longer family. You forget that Alexander, myself, and your fuck buddy all followed the Devil himself down to this godforsaken place."

Aeriseth placed her hands on her hips, tilting her chin in a superior manner. Her eyes moved toward Abraham as she gave him a stabbing glare, "although it seems the beast is trying to redeem himself." Lady Death dropped her chin and maintained a neutral gaze at Abraham, "do you honestly think that after all of this time and all of the shit we've pulled that we could possibly be redeemed!?" The Envoy's voice raised slightly, emotion beginning to take over; emotions that had been dead for centuries. "Pathetic, really pathetic. Lucifer was right, Terrestria is doomed and we were idiots. He did a good thing for disappearing all those years ago, just like you did sweet, sweet, Abraham." The Succubus sighed again and then turned her back to the group as if to take her leave, "it's too bad I just can't disappear. I've lived way too long in this shit hole."

With that, the woman walked out of the barn, her gaze fixed on her feet as she took each heavy step. A lonely tear kissed her cheek, her fists clenching at her sides, my family? Why did they have to be here... Lillith, am I ever going to escape you?

Chandra Eclav
Leaving the Barn

The Dark Elf had found a secluded spot on the other side of the barn, her back pressed firmly against its walls. Her head was tilted back as she stared up at the sky, arms crossed, sighing loudly. She thought back to the manic Devil she had witnessed, somewhat smiling. That creature was simply beautiful, such rage and pain. Such fear, such power... Hardly boring like the rest of the animals on this damned planet. Her head fell from the sky as she looked into the extensive nothingness, seemingly to have lost her thought. What in God's name am I supposed to do now? I can't keep going from place to place... How simply exhausting.

Chandra's eyes narrowed at the thought of being a wanderer with nothing to do. Lost. Another heavy breath escaped her mouth as her mind continued to trail off. Loneliness, what a weak, weak and pathetic feeling. Chandra, you are pathetic. You know this cycle too well, it's repeated itself for far too long. Death after death, bed after bed... but god, how I do love it so. A smile returned to the corner of her mouth as she imagined the Devil between her legs, now that would be something truly interesting, wouldn't it? A man that can provide both the physical and the mental. Her head fell back against the barn again as she atared at the clouds, I bet he finds death as exciting as I do. Fuck, I wish the sun would just go to sleep already.

Alexander watched the interaction, shaking his head at Aeriseth's pride before he sat up and turned his gaze towards Anariel. "She needs time. We all do. Though I cannot speak for her, if I may, Anariel, Abraham, Rythe..." he looked at the wings on the wall, saddened to see such a sight. "Uriel." he turned his gaze and stared at the ground, trying to find the words that he wanted to say, that he had been wanting to say for so long. "I ask for your forgiveness, even if I may not be redeemable, you were my family once..." he trailed off again as he rose his head, he met all of their eyes before looking after the path of Aeriseth's departure. "I am truly sorry. Rythe is right at least, in my case, I no longer stand with Lucifer." He said, unsure of how Aeriseth thought of things. He knew she kept things from him but what things exactly is what worried him.

Lila Nender-Barn
Lila glanced up from Eddie's hold as Rythe held out his hand, shakingly she took it. "Yes, Lila. It's a pleasure to meet you as well um...Sir Rythe." She responded, unsure of how to address him. Shortly after, Anariel made her way over and began to heal her wounds, the pain going away and the bleeding finally stopped. As she watched the Ethereal heal her, she could she that the wounds scarred over as was to be expected. It was nothing new to Lila as scars covered almost every inch of her body, two more would change anything. What did worry her was the blood loss she suffered during that time, same with the Envoy. She moved deeper into Eddie's hold, wanting nothing more than to feed. "Eddie, I need to feed. I lost too much blood." her voice slightly panicky as she feared she would fall into a frenzy.

Eddie Toorn - Barn

Anariel and Abraham's words both confused him and gave him hope. The wolf was right, he only had half of Satan's blood, maybe he had the power to resist after all. That power is what drew Anariel's spear to him in the first place. His thoughts were interrupted by Lila's voice, begging to be fed. He loosened the collar of his shirt and exposed his neck. "Take all that you need, preferably without killing me." He said with a wink, his trademark confidence returning.

Abraham - Barn

His anger was overflowing as Aeriseth berated his beloved, Alexander's half assed excuse wasn't helping to calm him down either. "Alex, I accept your apology, but what she needs isn't time, its someone to knock some sense into her." He said as he ran after Aeriseth. He managed to overtake her as she was leaving the barn. Stopping dead in his tracks he cocked his hand back, and slapped her across the face. It wasn't hard enough to do real damage, but hopefully enough to get her to listen.

"Lillith... I want you to look at me. Really look at me, and tell me what's different. You can see it cant you? My skin has grown lighter, my eyes are back to how they were before, back to how they were before we fell from heaven. Lillith, I don't know if we can ever truly be redeemed for the atrocities we committed in Satan's name, but when I saw Uriel's wings butchered atop that alter, and my dear Ana breaking down in front of me for the first time in centuries... I felt it, that desire to try and atone for what I've done, and then this transformation happened. It gives me hope. Hope that we can find the means to make up for what we've done someday. I'm sorry I left you and Alex all those years ago, but I beg of you, go back and apologize, let's bury this foolish pride of ours, and for the first time in a millennium, try to do something right."

Anariel
Afertmath

The Ethereal remained seated as Aeriseth spoke. She wished more than anything to simply stand and shout down her sister, to silence the Envoy with a simple flick of magic, but she knew that doing so would not only widen the rift between them, but would also risk her life. She did not alert anyone to her predicament, as the moment called for a calm demeanor and quiet speaking, but within herself she could tell she taken things too far. Her body had not prepared for so much, and though the fighting had not done much damage to her, the use of magic had taxed her greatly. Were she to have gone much further, she would have either lost herself to a madness she'd seen in mages centuries past or simply flared up like a star, burning away as the power stole her life from her.

She didn't dare let that happen now. There was too much to be done, and with the state her and Rythe were in, it would not be good to lose another Ethereal. So instead, she simply allowed herself to relax, her wings draped almost demurely around her upon the ground as she watched things happen around her.

On her right hand, Lila curled into Eddie's torso, his strength, both of body and will, supporting her. To her left, Alexander and Rythe still stood, both once pillars stronger than she in their respective tenets. Both had been mighty warriors, both had been more dangerous than she'd ever thought to be. And yet here they were, one injured almost lethally, the other cracking under the pressure. They'd been on Terrestria so long that something within them all was breaking, and she knew more than well enough that she was no exception. As her mind worked through things, she finally seemed to register Rythe's comments.

"A candidate, already? I will need to meet her soon, if we are to replace Uriel. I can only hope that I can prepare things correctly for the ritual, considering we never truly practiced it in the early days of the war. I am glad, though, that you will be there to add your strength to the invocations, Rythe. I am sorry I have been away from New Eden for so long. I only wish I knew how to help the Wardens. You know as well as I that I was never meant to work with them, unless in time of war." She offered him a wan smile before standing, slowly. She let her wings remain relaxed, the feathered masses simply sliding across the floor as she turned to face Alexander. She stepped up before him and raised a hand to his cheek, leaning forward to rest her forehead against his chest, careful to avoid his wound.

"Brother, I accept you apology and offer you my forgiveness. You were deceived by Lucifer, but have found the path homeward, and you have followed it. You show your strength and conviction by rejoining us, and if we are to weather the storm that is to come, then we will need to band together as one. Envoy and Ethereal alike will be put to the test, and it remains our charge to guide and protect the peoples of Abaddon and New Eden. It is good to have you back." She embraced him, gently, before stepping back and looking out the door that both Aeriseth and Abraham had passed through, her thoughts suddenly jumbling. She was concerned for them both, though for different reasons, and she hoped both would return.

Rythe
Barn

Rythe placed a hand on his brother's shoulder, lightly squeezing it, "You don't have to apologize to me, I'm just glad to have you back. It's whether you can forgive yourself, once you have, you've passed another barrier in our pursuit of peace, hopefully, Aeriseth will see eye to eye with us. Sometimes I fear that one will knock me down soon. Regardless, we have to be ready to face Lucifer in the approaching future... Would you happen to know Abaddon's military forces, are they strong enough to mount an assault on the god, himself?" He quietly reached into his pockets, producing a watch and pushing its lever down once before tucking it back in. "If we are to reach New Eden before it falls to a rebellion, we should leave as soon as possible and rally the Wardens in Fairharvest. I'm certain that our forces won't be able to hold them off, especially without the elite we've brought along... Once the dust settles, we will have to prepare an assault team."

Aeriseth
Outside of the Barn

Abraham had run after her and planted himself in front of her, stopping her from going forward anymore. Lady Death paused as she stared at him, debating whether or not she should push past him or simply fly away. A cold hard hand against her face came next and the Succubus didn't flinch, she just let it happen. Aeriseth allowed her gaze to linger on the ground beneath her as Abraham delivered his sad little story. Hope. What does hope even mean? She picked up her head and stared harshly at Abraham as he finished running his mouth."Well, well, well. I guess your little girlfriend is rather lucky if that's how you treat your lady," the woman snickered slightly, "but you know, if she can't handle the heat. I sure can, Abraham." Lady Death teased as she winked at the Lycan. Abraham was attempting to reach a woman she had left behind centuries ago and it would take more than a slap to the face to bring her back.

Aeriseth began to walk past Abraham only to stop when she was parallel with him, "Lillith doesn't exist anymore, Abraham. When we followed Lucifer to Terrestria we made a choice, we changed and became who we are today. The atrocities we committed..." she scoffed now, "we wanted to. And we loved every minute of it. Your pathetic ass shouldn't have left us, it has softened your will." The Succubus began to walk away from her forgotten comrade again, her wings appearing at her back as they fanned out in their entire length. "Have fun with your girlfriend while it lasts!"

Chandra Eclav
Outside of the Barn

The woman had wandered away from the barn as her presence was no longer needed and the situation was growing boring rather quickly. She headed toward tree cover that she had spotted off in the distance knowing that she would need a place to rest and eventually she would need to find food to eat.

Alexander- Outside Barn
Looking over at Rythe, his eyes slightly wide at his words, letting them truly sink in. For the first time in centuries, he smiled at Anariel, at Rythe and at Abraham. There words touched him as he saw their willingness to forgive his foolishness. He had already forgave himself a long time ago, as he saw them as crimes that happened. There was no way to erase the past, so why wallow over it and not accept that it happened? "I only hope Aditi is still forgiving as you are. I would love to be on her side once more...mother..." he said as his smile fell. He was a prodigal son, just as Abraham was. If the lycan was able to find it why couldn't he? Why couldn't Aeriseth? Just as his mind thought of the woman he loved, Alexander sighed as he watched Abraham run after Aeriseth, already knowing the outcome. It would take more than Abraham to do anything, if her reaction to Anariel was anything to go by. If her pride was anything to go by.

With a grunt, he got up, ignoring the tiredness he felt in his limbs. He truly just wanted to sleep, to be done with today but this had to be done. Aeriseth could not just leave without hearing his words...Lilith. he thought, memories pulling him back to a better time when she was just Lilith, his love the woman that he would die for without a second thought. That still stood to this day but...what she had become, who this Aeriseth is...broke him and made him distance himself from her. He wanted what they once had, what only they shared but that was a fool's dream. If it was to happen, it would take time, time that he would wait for if only to have Lilith again but something deep down told him that even if she was to return to who she hid, she would still never be the same.

As he made his way over to her, he moved to stand right in front of her breath ragged from the movement he had to make. "Why must you be so foolish and stubborn? Why am I asking you this question when I was lazy and careless?" he mused, his words seeming to have no connection at first. "Who are you to me? To your brothers and sisters...to me? Do you realize your actions here today? We fought against the one we followed to our descent, the one who almost ended me if not for our sister, Anariel, and you're going to sit here and be...this?" He waved his hand, motioning at her as he scoffed. "I know you changed, I've changed, Abraham changed because of our corruption. Our foolishness to follow the Bringer of Destruction and this is what we get?" He sighed as he fell to the ground, too tired to stand let alone talk. "You just want to walk away and go back to Abaddon or wherever, find your next fuck and hide things from me. I'm not stupid, Lilith, I know you don't tell me things but I'm going to pull a page out of your book and not give a fuck. What you are about to do, you leaving, this isn't pride. It's cowardice, it's pathetic, disgusting."

He fell silent as he drew his eyes to Aeriseth, his eyes red from the threat of tears. "I'm not going to ask for the impossible and say I want Lilith back. That's up to you. I just want....want..." he paused, averting his eyes to the ground he sat upon. "I just want to know if you care. If what we had in the past wasn't a lie. I loved you, I still love you and would follow you anywhere because I do but this is where I draw the line. I'm not going to tell you to ask for forgiveness like I have, but can you just try, just try, to rekindle what once was. If you have even a sliver of the love I knew you once held," he paused once more, tears now flowing freely from his face. He wasn't one to cry, he wasn't one to show emotion this openly but he was tired. Tired of the heartbreak, the lies and secrets, the guilt, the passiveness he lived. He was tired of wondering if his love was wasted, if there was anything worth for him to still be alive.

He wondered if he should just removed his wings himself, if even possible, and call it there but he never did because he wanted to live for the one he loved. "If you still care at all, I'm asking if you can at least try and if not for me, then for yourself. If you can't do that then this will be my confession...and my farewell."

Lila Nender- Barn

She eagarly sunk her fangs into Eddie's offered neck, slowly but surely feeling energy roll through her body. She wanted to give into the lure and ecstasy of the bite, but she had to be mindful of the fact that Eddie needed to still operate. Once she had her fill, she pulled away from his neck and snuggled into him, wiping the blood from her mouth with her tattered, yet still somewhat modest, vest. She was secretly upset that her clothes were ruined in the flames Eddie had shot at Lucifer but she could doubt the gratefulness she felt at him for protecting her from it's burn. It didn't change that she could feel the heat of the flames at the time or the fact her clothes were singed with those beautiful white flames. Letting that vain thought slip from her mind, she glanced up at Eddie. "Eddie...how are you?" she asked simply, knowing that he must have been still reeling from today's events.

Lucifer-Near Chandra, Oblitus
He stalked along the trees and shadows as he kept his eye on the dark elf that caught his attention a while back. Keeping his prescence hidden, he spoke in a deep tone, from the tree's shadow Chandra was standing near. "So beautiful, what was that trick you tried to pull on me back at the barn, hmm?" He let it be known to the elf who exactly it was speaking to her. "I found it very alluring." He purred the last word, materializing behind the stunning female, his pale fingers running along her shoulder. "It makes me wonder why a morsel like you was playing for the good side. That doesn't seem like you. At all, in fact. I can taste the evil in you, that darkness, that sexy corruption." He leaned in close, his chest pressed against her back as his tongue flicked out to tease her ear. "Makes me wonder other things about you as well, elf. Like how you would look on me for one."

Abraham - Barn Exterior

Aeriseth's words should've enraged him, but in that moment all he felt was exhaustion. He left back towards the barn, passing by Alexander as he ran after Aeriseth. He wouldn't hear their conversation, he merely wished to sleep. He returned to the barn interior, falling into an embrace with Anariel. "I could never agree with her, especially after we fell, I was a fool for thinking I could try. Hopefully Alex can talk sense into her." His knees crumbled as the exhaustion of the battle finally caught up to him, he was ready for a well deserved rest.

Eddie Toorn - Barn

He felt weak, Lila's bite was pleasurable, as was customary of the vampire, but it didn't change the light headedness that always came with blood loss. He leaned his head back against the wall as Lila snuggled into him, staring at the sky. Anariel and Abraham's words had certainly made him feel better, but his mind was still spinning from all the revelations that had been thrust upon him today.

"I don't know, Lila." He said sadly. "I thought I had my entire life under control, everything I did was of my own choosing. Now I find out that I was nothing more than a pawn of Satan. Michelle, Chrysanthemum, that's the name of the bow, they were all his gifts to me, and I've accepted them gladly. I know I don't want to be like my father, and yet I can feel his influence inside me, telling me to crave more, claim more power, have everyone in Terrestria kneel before my might. It's scary, I'm very scared, Lila." He couldn't meet her eyes, he was too ashamed.

Anariel
Aftermath

Anariel looked at Eddie and Lila for a moment, a smile gracing her lips before Alexander left. She stood straighter, and when Abraham came back to her and embraced her, she held him tightly. As his knees gave out, she sifted her legs, accepting his extra weight as if it were hardly anything, her wings lifting up from the floor to stabilize herself. She debated singing magic into him to heal him, but let the thought fade. Her death was not worth the small amount of relief he would get physically, and it would destroy him if she were to do so.

"He will do what he can, love. Let it worry you not." Her voice lilted slightly, her smile growing somewhat. Despite how light her tone seemed to become, there was still a serious edge in her voice, showing her resolve. "Would you care to join Rythe and myself in meeting the next Ethereal? We are to have another sister, and I shall be the one to sing her into our graces. I would very much like to have you there, though I cannot allow you to participate in the ceremony." Her voice fell ever so slightly at the admission that he could only watch, but the ceremony was what is was. She hefted Abraham a bit, then nudged him more upright, looking at Rythe for a moment before simply draping Abraham's other arm over her brother's shoulders.

"Stay here for a moment, I need to recover Uriel's wings." She backed away and flared her wings fully, scooping massive volumes of air as she flapped a few times to get into the air. She let herself drift on the near-stale air currents over to the brilliant, multi-colored masses of feather and bone, passing through where the barrier had been. They seemed suspended on the air itself, and as she scooped them up in her arms, they folded up neatly, a bundle of radiance and purity that had been lucky to avoid corruption. She landed and tucked her wings tightly to her back, walking back over to Abraham and Rythe.

"We need to get going. Now that I've recovered them, there is a crucial moment soon to pass. That moment will be the climax of the ceremony, and we must do all we ca to prepare for it." She looked at Abraham with a small amount of sorrow in her eyes. "I cannot help you to travel with us, Ra, and I ask your forgiveness. I now bear my brother's wings, and should I set them aside, I do not know if I will be able to perform the ritual as it needs to be done. We have Wardens outside and Rythe to aid you, when you feel it is needed, but we will travel as swiftly as we can to ensure things are prepared well." She shivered slightly, as if from an unseen gust of cold air.

"We must hurry. We won't reach New Eden in time, but perhaps Fairharvest will supply all that we need."

Rythe
The Barn

He grunted as the weight of his brother was placed on him, his horse would certainly not support two fully grown men and the other Wardens' horses had fled with their riders. Shifting slightly to better accommodate his weight, Rythe quietly watched in sorrow as Uriel's wings were folded up neatly in his sister's arms, remembering the centuries he had spent with his brother, letting out a shaky breath. "If only I could have been there for him... I can only imagine the torment of having my own wings torn from my body before being, well, I supposed murdered." His gauntlets slowly gripped tight, the leather beneath the plate stretching slightly, "What I would do to Lucifer if I had the chance to..."

As Anariel decended back down to the ground, speaking of preparation for the ceremony, he couldn't help but wonder how draining it could possibly be to bring another Ethereal to power. He could barely remember his own from all those years ago... who was firstborn? Perhaps it would be wise to not investigate into this matter... Lightly shaking his head to dismiss the thought from his head, he asked his injured brother, "Since there isn't exactly anything that could carry us both, how does a nice flight sound?" Sprouting his wings, the tendrils came forth from between the slits of his armor, leaving a small area on the back. Most notable was his single orange tendril, standing out from the white strands of the others.

"Fairharvest should have enough resources for the ceremony, whatever it actually requires... Hopefully the Wardens have found their way to the town along with Renee."

Chandra Eclav
The Treeline near the Barn

The dark elf had made it to the trees and stepped into the shadows it cast upon the ground. Chandra sighed heavily with relief of the feeling from being out of the sun and away from the emotional wrecks in the barn. A feeling of hopelessness started to stir in her stomach, as it always did when she had gone too long from either taking a life or bedding a person. Life was useless, pathetic even, and mostly unexciting. Chandra was hoping to find something in Terrestria that would pique her interest for more than a couple of hours, she was hoping to find a permanent cure for her illness, even if that meant massive genocide. Words echoed through the trees as if they were talking to her and calling her beautiful. Strange, she thought and then realized who it was when it asked about her trick. Her eyes moved from side to side, surveying the land in wonderment of where the devil was hiding.

A finger ran across her shoulder and his breath appeared from behind her. How he talked about the darkness inside of her, the evil that plagued her, reminded her of when she was but a young girl when her very own family cast her out for being a demon. A small smile appeared on her face as she shook her head in acceptance of the Devil's words; she knew exactly who she was and had for a long time. What interested her more was that Lucifer thought she was playing for the good side. Next, she could feel his chest press against her and a tongue flick her earlobe. All the while the woman stayed completely still, unphased by the Devil's actions but his curious remark about her in bed tickled her interest and she turned her head over her shoulder to meet the gaze of Lucifer. "I don't play for any side, Devil. I simply do what is most interesting at the time and if I happen to get to kill someone out of it, well... That's a win in my books." Her body pressed into him, she was now playing his game. "You're here for one of two things, two kill me or take me. Let us get to it, shall we? Because if you truly want to know what my little trick was and just how I please, well then I know you will be taking me. What's stopping you?"

Chandra's playful games were suddenly soured by a feeling overtaking her; a feeling that she had never felt before. Her eyes widened and she starting gasping for breath as if someone was choking the life out of her. Panic. The dark elf grabbed onto either side of her forehead and squeezed it, trying to repel the feelings and memories that were now invading her mind. There were 8 people. 8 people altogether. They were familiar; they were more than familiar. She knew them now, she knew them intimately. Why? Because she was their leader. Chosen by Lucifer to harvest the souls of people. Lucifer. Chandra's face screwed into an expression of despair as she gripped her head tightly, her body now coiling into itself as the floodgates of someone else's memories were suffocating her. Sin of Wrath. The right hand of Lucifer... His power is now yours.

"STOP!" the dark elf cried out and the feeling suddenly disappeared, as if she had commanded it to. Her grip on her head lightened and her body stopped trembling. Whatever had found its way to her had become intimately a part of her, intertwining itself with her very soul. Lucifer... Chandra stood slowly, her body now feeling weak. She turned to look at the Devil and he was no longer a stranger to her. "Lucifer. Well now, it certainly has been ages, hasn't it?" she asked, a weak grin appearing on her face. "What the fuck is the Sin of Wrath and why am I now it?"

Aeriseth
Outside of the Barn

Aeriseth was prepared to take flight, return to Abaddon and relish in her old ways. She wanted nothing more than to drown her past self underneath person after person. The woman she once was, the woman that she could no longer be but so desperately wanted to be haunted her. The woman was dead, she died when she left Heaven. She sighed heavily, lingering as if she was waiting for someone other than the overgrown dog to stop her. She was waiting for Alexander and Alexander came, standing in front of her. The man she once loved so fiercely looked exhausted, in pain, and defeated. He began to speak to her in a way that he hadn't in eons and for once, Aeriseth could see the life in him again. The life she hadn't seen since they followed Lucifer to Terrestria. As Alexander fell to his knees with an emotion that startled her, she felt an emptiness inside of her that was lined with regret.

Who are you to me? Lillith. I loved you. I still love you. You leaving is cowardice, pathetic, and disgusting. I just want to know if you care. Alexander's words ran over and over in her head as if they were on repeat. Had she forgotten about him? About them? Aeriseth so desperately wanted to leave behind the world she once lived, the person she once was, because she thought it impossible to ever be that person again. In the beginning, it was fun, it was new and exciting, being Aeriseth was like being released from a prison that you are chained to but after centuries of feeling nothing it became lonely and it became difficult to even remember what life was like before. Had Alexander simply followed her down to Terrestria because of her and not because he wanted to? Did I turn you into the empty shell that you became..? Seeing the man on his knees before her, his eyes freely allowing tears to drench his face caused an ache in her heart. I did this to you... how, how do I fix it?

Aeriseth's cool and calm demeanor was replaced with one of uncertainty and defeat. Her face wore the pain she was causing and for the first time in centuries, she cried. Her large black wings that once stood gallantly in the air at her sides had now dropped to the ground as if they no longer had life in them. She fell to her knees, her wings dragging across the dirt to lightly wrap themselves around her and Alexander. Tears were falling from her eyes as she picked up her hung head and looked into the eyes of the man she loved. "Alex..." she said softly. "I don't know how to be that person anymore. Lillith... I've lost her and I don't know if she will come back." The woman fell into Alexander's chest, her tears now falling freely from her face. She had always taken comfort in his embrace and leaning against him now made her feel protected from all of the evils in the world, including herself. "What do I do, Alex? I've hurt so many people, I've hurt you... I'm scared to try.. what if I fail? I'm scared to fail me... I'm scared to fail Lillith... I'm scared to fail you."

Aeriseth buried her head in Alexander's chest at the thought of losing herself entirely consumed her. "What if it's too late for me?" she asked weakly, her voice trembling and barely audible between the silent weeping. "Alex... I don't want to be alone anymore." She pulled her face from his chest and looked up at him, her face red and puffy. "I don't want you to be alone anymore. I don't want to hurt anyone else... I don't want to hurt you. Alex, tell me what to do... please tell me what to do."

Last edited:
His heart broke at the sight of Aeriseth's tears, ones he hadn't seen in such a long time. The pain in her voice as she told him that she didn't want to hurt anyone anymore, that she didn't want him to be alone. He couldn't only shake his head as he was not the one with answers to those questions, he felt the same way in fact. He had asked for forgiveness but he knew the rest was all him, just like the rest would be for Aeriseth. It would lie in her to make the change she seemed to want. "The fact that you didn't fly off shows the truth behind your words, my beloved." His arms wrapped around her and pulled her closer as the tears began anew. "I wish I could give you the answers that you want but all I can say is...try. Fulfill Anariel's humble request. She didn't ask you for your apology out of pride, but for family. I want nothing more than for all of us to be one family again. Start with what she asked from you, then go from there. I will be with you every step of the way as I don't want to fail you or the others. I don't care if you're Lilith or Aeriseth, as long as you are here with me, with our siblings, we can change." He said, hope filling his voice once more as he gazed into her eyes. "All I can tell you is to try."

Lila Nender-Barn
Lila stared at Eddie, his words stunning her from saying anything for a minute before anger flooded her body. Without a thought, she smacked him before drawing his eyes to meet hers. "Don't you ever say you are nothing more than a pawn of that monster. You carry his blood and his tools but you are not him and you will never be him." Lila said, her voice dripping with anger. "Those cravings, those red flashes, the shit with Galizur was him playing with you, using you and there is no denying that. But Aditi forbid you, Edward Toorn, to ever say that about yourself. You saw what he did to everyone here, the carelessness, the evil. You're not that." She paused as she jabbed her finger on his chest. "You of your own choice fought against your father when you could have joined him, you could have accepted the bloodline you have but you didn't. You have what he lacks, the power to love, laugh and care. The power to do good in the world despite who you came from. Remember this, Eddie. You are worth so much more than he could ever be. Your father is Lucifer but your mother isn't, and you have her blood too and knowing who you are and having fallen in love with the man before me, she must have been someone wonderful." She sighed as she leaned forward, planting a kiss on his forehead. "You could never be someone like Lucifer."

Lucifer-Near Chandra
Lucifer watched as Chandra went from teasing him to screaming out in pain. He didn't bother to wonder what was going on as he already knew of Taran's death. The sexy elf before him replacing the old Sin of Wrath. As she calmed and began to talk to him with memories that were not her own, he could only smile. "How fitting. The Sin of Wrath previously does not matter but it did seem to find a new host in you. You ask questions that are answered by your memories so there is no point in trying to get them from me. As you are now, I only have one thing to ask. Will you rule by my side or will I have to strike you down where you stand?"

Last edited:
Abraham - Barn

The entire time that Rythe and Anariel were speaking, Abraham had been focusing on healing the most crucial limbs for travel. By the time Rythe asked him if he wanted to go on a flight, he'd sprung back to his feet. "What do I look like, Rythe? A damn sack of potatoes?" He asked, giving his brother a friendly punch to the arm. "As much as I appreciate the thought, you may have noticed that I've bulked up quite a bit." He said as he noted the large musculature that defined him.

"All part of adapting to the new physiology, so I might be a bit too heavy for you to lug around. I'll be able to keep up though. I'll follow your scent." His ears picked up the speech that the vampire hybrid was giving the son of Satan. The girls love for the man was apparent and it made him smile, if love managed to guide him to the path of atonement, perhaps it would do the same for him. "Shall we get going?" He asked his comrades before shifting into wolf form.

Eddie Toorn - Barn

The slap was a shock to his system, but her words melted his heart. He'd grown to care for this woman so much in these past couple of days, so for him to hear her, not only state how much she believes in the good inside him, but also state how she's fallen in love with him, it made the revelations today seem like a far off memory. She kissed his forehead, and the tears came. He held her close, burying his head into her shoulder. "Thank you, Lila. I love you too." He hadn't cried in over fifty years, but right here, in the arms of this woman, he felt safe enough to let them flow.

Anariel

The Ethereal looked at Rythe sadly for a moment as he began to make mention of violence towards Lucifer. "He would have done to you what he did to Uriel, if you'd been there, Rythe. You know it as well as I do, and then I would have lost two brothers in the span of a day. We would not have recovered from such a loss." She turned and walked out the remains of the door, only now truly noting just how devastated the barn had become.

Even as she stepped outside, her gaze briefly passing over Aeriseth and Alexander as she noted their presence, she could see scars in the ground for hundreds of feet in every direction. Their battle had occurred within the barn's walls, but the power that had been thrown about, the raw energy that had been blasted back and forth, had drained from the world around them, deadening the land in the immediate area. Anariel gagged somewhat, the sheer amount of devastation almost too much. It had never been common, but there were times when her body reacted viscerally to the most jarring of sights, and seeing what she had, in part, wrought upon the land was enough to cause the reaction. After a moment, the archangel steadied herself, conscious of the fact that she'd just shown a severe weakness to those around her. She looked up at Abraham and Rythe before nodding to the other two Envoys.

"I will ask them if they will accompany us. I do not know what difference their presence will make, but when I begin this ceremony, I suspect that the more of us there are to bear witness, the easier it will become." She coughed once, then shivered as she headed towards the couple. Stopping ten feet or so away, she waited until they had calmed down a bit, not judging them for their tears. Such was the toll of battle, that emotions would flow forth like a river afterwards. When they had collected themselves, she spoke, but softly.

"Aeriseth. Alexander. I ask of you to join me and the others in traveling to Fairharvest. I intend to perform a ceremony I was taught before the war to christen a new Ethereal. It has been brought to my attention that there is a potential successor to Uriel, and I would see her brought to her new role as swiftly as possible. I would be honored if you join us, though I cannot provide you a position of performance during the ceremony itself. Would you fly with us?"

Rythe
Barn

Grinning brightly, he patted Abraham's furry shoulder, "You really have, though you do actually look like a sack potatoes now. Maybe even a little lumpier? Let's hope you haven't also gotten worse at sparring with that weight." Giving his wings a slight beat, they didn't move, yet a slight gust of wind billowed at his feet. "While I'm not the same person from those years ago, I've been keeping fit... I'm sure stone statue ruins can replace sacks of vegetables." Launching himself off the ground, his wings flowed behind him as if pushed back by the wind, "Anariel, you underestimate me! I would have at least left a huge scar on that bastard." He hollered down from above, "Let's get a move on, hurry up with those two over there and I'll meet you people there. First one there gets first pick of the rations." With that, his wings threw him forward, quickly shrinking from sight, towards Fairharvest.

Aeriseth
Outside of the Barn with Alexander

Aeriseth welcomed Alexander's arms around her and as he pulled her into him she couldn't help but smile through the tears. She had forgotten what it was to love a person; she had forgotten what it was to love him. When she saw Lucifer in the barn in front of her brothers and sisters, she hadn't known what to felt and she honestly didn't understand why she fought against him. For so long she believed in him, for so long she followed him; he was the reason that she no longer was Lillith and the reason that she fell from grace but when he appeared in front of her she knew that she couldn't just let him get away. Lady Death knew that she had to do something to stop him from spreading his shadow further across Terrestria. She knew she had to stop him from ruining other people's lives as he once ruined hers. How did I stray so far from the right path? How did I ever believe in that Devil... I let him manipulate me for thousands of years and look at where it's gotten me? I've turned into an empty shell of a woman who cares about nothing other than herself... I didn't even shed a tear at Galizur's death. Galizur, my son... I failed you. I was too late but maybe, just maybe, your death was the beginning of something new. Can I really change?

Aeriseth pulled away from Alexander and wiped the tears from her eyes. Once her face was dry she let out a sigh, she was exhausted from everything that had happened and even summoned a portal for multiple people to go through so that they could make it to where they were. "I can try." she said quietly, "but I don't think I can apologize. Not yet... one step at a time. We have been set in our ways for so long, Alexander, it won't all be different in one day. All I can ask for is patience."

From behind them the voice of Anariel appeared. Aeriseth turned her head to give the Songbird her attention and when she talked about birthing a new Ethereal, she was reminded of when all of them were created. The Succubus was never an Ethereal, she would not understand what it would mean to become one but what she did understand was what it meant to be an angel. Although she had fallen and became an opposing force to her very own sister, there her sister was now, asking for her to join them. Aeriseth was unsure of how to feel regarding Anariel's question but she knew that if she was to truly change her ways that she would need to start in that very moment. The Envoy picked herself off the ground, allowing her wings to sweep the Earth as they continued to lie limply at her back. She looked to Alexander one last time and smiled gently at him before turning to Anariel. "We will." the Succubus's voice trailed for a moment as she struggled to find the courage to say the next words. "And Anariel, thank you."

Chandra Eclav
The Forest's Edge with Lucifer

Chandra watched the Devil with a close eye as he smiled at her and claimed her to be the new Sin of Wrath. Her head was still foggy and it was difficult to discern the details but when Lucifer asked if she would rule by his side, there was a jolt within her mind. The Leader. A gaze of understanding swept across her face as she was beginning to piece the puzzle together slowly. "The Harbingers, ahh... Yes. We were your little posse, meant to collect souls. I remember now, I was that pathetic team's leader. Or at least, the old Wrath was." The dark elf stepped toward Lucifer now, her confidence and sultry attitude returning. She stopped as her face drew dangerously close to his and bit her bottom lip at his proposition.

"Well. I would rather not die today if that's alright with you. I would much rather help you rule like I once did. We were great, I remember. It was a shame the old Wrath was a man, I assure you that you will have a lot more fun with me." Chandra stepped back from him, her grin returning. "Where are the others, anyway? Do tell me, am I supposed to find them or do you have something else in mind?"

Alexander-Barn
Alexander watched Aeriseth pick herself up before he shakily stood as well. "I will come as well, sister. Thank you." He gave a heavy sigh as he let his wings show, black in colour and drooping. "I take it we must be on our way now then?" He asked, picking up on a little urgency in her behavior, knowing that this ceremony was very important despite him not being able to take part. He understood the reason behind why, but he could help the bit of...what was this feeling?...knowing of who their brother's successor was going to be. "Aeriseth, Anariel, if I can ask. What is this emotion that I'm feeling? I feel like there is an urge to know, a need for an inquiry for this successor." He looked confused as he asked this question not knowing a word for this emotion.

Lila Nender-Barn
Lila's heart soared as she heard Eddie confess his love as well. She held him tight as she cried, promising to herself that she would never let him go or hurt as best as she could. The tears he cried brought her soaring heart back down as she continued to hold him. "Of course, Eddie. Just know that I'll always be here for you, no matter what." She said before pulling his head up and wiping at his eyes with her thumbs. "Don't cry."

Lucifer-Barn

Lucifer smiled at Chandra. "Good, I will enjoy have you by my side." He said as he gripped her chin in his hand, pulling her face close to his. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed his little pet nearby and called her over. "I'm glad you're here, spy. I have a task for you but first meet our new Wrath, Chandra."

Abraham - Barn

Abraham couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Rythe's cheerfulness. From what he remembered, the Ethereal was a calm and collected man, but he paid it no further mind, happy to see a bit of playfulness from his brother again. He'd followed Ana in wolf form, much too tired at the moment to be switching forms continuously. He saw Aeriseth, a broken puddle of tears on the ground and couldn't help but feel partially responsible. As her and Alex recovered he stared at her with a look of regret, begging for forgiveness. Then when she accepted Ana's proposal he barked in happiness and licked Aeriseth's face. Trotting in the direction that Rythe had flown in and indicating for the others to follow.

Edward Toorn - Barn

He couldn't help but chuckle as she wiped his tears from his face. "I can't help it, I'm just so happy that you said that. I...I've been alone for so long. The only ones who truly cared about me were my parents, and now that I know what my father truly is, I don't even know if that's true anymore. I wish I could see my mom again, ask her how much she knew, say... I'm sorry for everything I did... but I cant, I'm an exile, I was alone, and then I found you." He started to break down again and fell back into her shoulder.

"I love you, Lila." He sobbed, gripping onto her tight as if she could disappear at any moment. After a while, he started to calm down, but as he did he realized how incredibly tired he was. "Can we rest here a while, just the two of us? I'm exhausted, and I don't want to let you go just yet." He admitted that last part with a blush and an embarrassed smile on his face. He was truly becoming a different man.

Zaraa, The Forest's Edge

She was thankful to get away from Maric and Xena for a while, even Lucifer. After Maric had taken his anger out on her and she'd impulsively stabbed him in the back with The Impaler. His words rang in her mind, the malice laced within his voice as he pounded her own reality into her blank mind and stabbed her with a thousand daggers; his words were just enough to make her feel agony beyond what Lucifer put her through the last 650 years. She should've teleported far away before Xena spoke. She shouldn't have even said a word to them. Zaraa felt her heart pound faster and blood in her body rush to her cheeks. It flushed her skin and tensed the muscles in her shoulders, neck, and back.

He had no idea, he had no idea.

'Another toy of Lucifer's, eh?'

Her hand gripped her weapon, knuckles becoming white.

'Lucifer will get bored of you eventually, and when he throws away his toys, he tends to like breaking them beyond repair.'

She whipped her weapon out, growled, and blasted the sharp blade into the tree.

'Why don't you get out of here? Last thing I wanna do is kill such a pretty face for being a bad girl.'

She stabbed the tree again, the blade going through all the way. What exactly was she doing? What was she feeling? "I'm just stabbing this damn tree over and over again," she muttered, exasperated. Zaraa was tired. "It makes no sense." Lucifer would never throw her away. He hadn't for 650 years. She'd never failed him. Never. She denied everything else the stupid incubus had spoken to her about, but Zaraa didn't believe Lucifer would ever throw her away. If he did, he would've done it a long time ago, and made sure her face was never seen by him again. She would be dead right now, if it wasn't for him. Zaraa silently put her weapon back in her holster and sighed at herself.

I was stupid to say that. I'll never get out of here.

Zaraa began to walk down the twisting forest pathway, hidden by piles of leaves and rocks. She knew she wouldn't be able to find a way out. Her response about "trying to find a way out" was not performed with the utmost tact. Xena, Alma's daughter, didn't even believe her. Zaraa knew it was a touchy subject for her; She'd just never realized how touchy it was for others. Why did the incubus even tell her to find a way while she still could? She was Lucifer's servant; He seemed to be more interested in watching her suffer than getting her out.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden spark of electricity running through her mind, paving a way for interaction. Lucifer. She knew what he wanted. Zaraa took a deep breath; It was time for business again. Her speed picked up, swirling the dust and leaves up from the ground and falling back down as she soon as left the vicinity of the forest and made her way towards the edge. As soon as Lucifer's figure and a dark elf came into view, she slowed down to meet up with them. "Lucifer," she greeted. Her eyes quickly swept over the dark elf named Chandra.

"A familiar name. The new wrath? The old geezer died? This is interesting. The harbingers don't seem too fond of you anymore and yet, the new wrath is here, standing next to you?"

Back