Ame Damnee Hgronian South Province - Farmlands: Barn

"Sure, love. Just rest, okay." she said, running her fingers through his hair. Leaning back against the tree, feeling phantom pains from the arrows that pierced her. She thought back to the fight, she was worried for her life but discovered a lot of things back there. Like how she could use shadows? Words were lost on her to what she could call what happened when she used the shadows to hold Lucifer for a time. Looking down at Eddie, those thoughts faded to the background as she felt for her grieving lover.

Eddie Toorn - Barn

Eddie awoke the next day, still in his lover's lap. She had fallen asleep against the tree they were in front of. He brought himself up gently so as not to wake her, kissed her gently on the lips, then set about building a fire, and killing a nearby rabbit to cook up for breakfast. Killing the poor creature proved more difficult than Eddie had anticipated, the death of his mother still raw in his heart. All he could feel was emptiness right now, like there was nothing left for him to live for except his lover. His ambitions were what Lila aspired for, he wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or not. When Lila awoke, he gave her a hollow smile. "Morning. Breakfast is ready."

Lila smiled back at Eddie when she woke before moving closer to the fire to warm up against the early morning wind. "Thank you, Eddie." she said, glancing at her lover, studying him. She was worried about his mental state right now after what happened yesterday. She could still tell he was reeling from her passing and she just wanted to do whatever in her power she could to help him. Reaching for some of the rabbit, she bit into the food quietly; not sure on what to say to Eddie.

Eddie Toorn

He'd caught a glimpse of his own reflection earlier by a nearby stream. The white hair shocked him, he preferred it red, it was his favorite color and it reminded him of his mother's own red hair. He truly had nothing to remember her. The upside down cross, he'd gotten in Oblitus, Michelle was from his father, but there was nothing for his mother.

His doom and gloom was radiating off of him and into his lover. He felt it in the awkward silence and Lila's gaze, she was worried. He decided to let her know what was on his mind. "While we're in New Eden, I want to visit my mother's old house. Hopefully she hasn't moved in 45 years because I need something to remember her by. I used to be fine with my hair resembling hers, but even that's been taken away from me."

"Not fully." Lila said, making her way over to Eddie. "Look closer, there's a tint to your hair. It's almost completely white but there is still a touch of her, and your, hair colour." She reached for his arm, turning it to where the veins faced the both of them. With her free hand, she traced the blue lines with a soft touch. "Her blood runs through your veins. She can't fully leave you even if she wanted to. Material things are good for memories but knowing that she is half of who you are. You carry her blood, her life. She lives through you." Lila said with a sad tone to her voice. "The only reason I'm not run with grief over not knowing my family is because of that very reason."

Eddie Toorn

He ran his free hand across her cheek, gently, gazing into her eyes with sincere gratitude. "Thank you, Lila. If you weren't here, I don't know what I would do." He kissed her lips, softly, compassionately. "I may have lost my family, but we can still find yours. So lets eat up, then head out. It's a long ways to New Eden." He said, eating what was left of the rabbit. "Also, I'm not sure where exactly Aeriseth teleported us too, so we might need to fly for a bit while figuring out where we are."

Back