Ame Damnee Hgronian South Province - Farmlands: Barn

M

Meliodas

An underground facility that was made to store grains and farming equipment. There is a stone stairway leading down to a hallway; at the left is a storage room with some grain and in the right is a room that was used for equipment but is now empty; there is a pulley system that leads to the surface for carrying heavier equipment. At the end of the hallway is an office with a desk and chair, some pens and ink, and a book case with some books in Hgronian.

(Credit to Spartaninafield)

POSTING IN THIS LOCATION WITHOUT APROVAL IS CURRENTLY NOT PERMITTED

Last edited by a moderator:
Raziel, played by Meliodas

Hgronian South Province

Farmlands
The sky was gloomy, and day seemed to turn to night almost in an instant. Dark, yet scarce clouds hung overhead, and the sky which peaked through underneath was an ominous red. A blood moon inched its way to the center of the sky, and a howling wind caressed the grass which went untended in the vast fields to either side of them – stretching as far as the eye could see. Trees were barren and rotted, lining their path, and crows perched on their branches, beady eyes staring on. Buzzards seemed to circle above them, scouting the area, and a single limp scarecrow was visible through the rising weeds in the distance.

Raziel didn’t seem very unnerved, though he had a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. At the end of their path was a cellar, a barn which would have ordinarily been stocked with grain this time of the year. They had traded the scorching desert for the frigid cold, and it was only a miracle that it had not been snowing in this part of the world. Though, nothing was particularly ordinary about any of this.

@Luxin. @jrusso20

Abraham - Farmlands

As they'd continued their journey into the Southern Province, Abraham had felt the need to make himself look somewhat respectable. Along the journey he cut his hair down to shoulder length and trimmed his beard to frame his face, his wolves blood kept the beard thick, but he didn't resemble an unwashed caveman anymore. He'd also felt the need to find better clothes, his loincloth keeping his body from overheating in the desert, but now required fabric to keep himself warm. He didn't want to admit it to himself, but Anariel's presence also made him want to feel more civilized. He could always stay in his hybrid form, the fur keeping him insulated, but felt more and more the want to stay in his original state. He'd stolen the tunic, vest, and pants of a farmer and a cloak, and while the clothes strained against his tall body and pronounced musculature, he found a way to appear halfway decent.

As they approached the farmlands, he made a mental note that Raziel seemed to be quieter than usual, normally he'd enjoy the silence from the angel, but he suspected that the time lord felt the foreboding presence of the area as much as he did. Abraham smelt the air, the aroma of the scent he'd been tracking growing ever more potent as they approached the farmhouse. Approaching it cautiously he turned to the two. "It reeks of blood in there, I don't know what we're about to find, but both of you be on guard."

Anariel
Hgronian South Province
Farmland

As they'd traveled, Anariel had lapsed into a comfortable silence. She'd filled Abraham in on some of the things that had occurred in Terrestria while he'd been away, though she admitted that her knowledge was less than complete due to her general disinterest, but he'd seemed content with the information he'd been given.

Where the lycan had opted to pick up clothing and dress himself more warmly, Anariel had simply wrapped her lower pair of wings around herself at the waist, forming them into an approximation of a feathery skirt, keeping her more than warm enough for the cold climate. As they meandered through the heavy grasses and ruins of what was likely a rather robust farming community, she couldn't help but feel her mood slide from generally pleasant to foul and sour.

"Whatever deigns to call this place a home must be on its guard, for I will not tolerate such filth on this world. To think a community like this was broken by whatever monster still lingers here." She, for a brief moment, felt that her words were not her own, and they sounded awful to her ears, but they'd left her and became part of the world around her, forever beyond her grasp. She narrowed her eyes, the extra annoyance of having felt stupid only further driving her mood into negativity.

Raziel, played by Meliodas

Hgronian South Province

Farmlands: Barn
Raziel had a feeling that Anariel would live to eat her words as they came up to the barn, the stench of rotting flesh and decay thick in the air. The doors leading into the barn beneath them creaked, and a powerful wind dispelled as if trying to dismay them from entering. Blood caked the steps descending into the dark hall, along with a cascade of feathers that appeared to mark the path forward. There would be more than just monsters at the end of this road…

They would enter a hallway, which was pitch black outside of a faint light at the end of the chamber – a pair of torches hiding behind an ajar door. Inside, plastered on the back wall, was a pair of dismembered wings. Not just any wings… these belonged to the Ethereal… Uriel… who was nowhere to be found.

Seated below the horrific display, both Aditi’s Plume and the Daemon’s Cradle rested, undisturbed. However, an ancient power lingered in the room, a power strong enough to resist any effort to take the artifacts.

@Luxin, @jrusso20

Abraham - Barn

Abraham raised an eyebrow at Anariel's words, choosing not to remark upon them, but making a mental note to ask about it later. For now though, they had bigger priorities. The lycan king cautiously opened the door to the barn and peeked inside. Giving the all clear to his companions, he motioned for them to follow him inside. The darkness was easy for him to navigate, having trained his night vision over centuries of hunting, but when he finally reached the origin of the light, he was shocked by what he saw.

It had been far too long since Abraham has last seen Uriel, but there was no mistaking his wings. Plastered on the wall with the Ethereal's body nowhere to be seen. Seated below his wings were both, the object of their search, the daemon's cradle, and to his surprise, Adtiti's plume. "Well, either Uriel's kindness turned to madness, or we're dealing with a far more powerful enemy than we were anticipating Ana." He said to Anariel, using the old nickname he had for her.

@Meliodas @Luxin

Anariel
Hgronian South Province
Within the Barn

As Anariel stepped into the room, her eyes were drawn immediately to the sight of those multicolored wings fastened so crudely to the wall. For a brief moment, the sight didn't register to her. She saw the wings, recognized them for what and who's they were, but the full impact of what she was seeing had yet to be processed within her mind. As the moment passed, a deep-seated rage that she'd never known was within her welled to the surface.

The archangel shot forward, her motions far faster than any she'd exhibited, even during the war. There was simply a streak of pale golden light as she moved, sword ripping from its sheath with a painful and almost wailing screech. She had every intent to crash into the sacrilegious display and rip it apart piece by tiny piece, but the overwhelming force stymied her. She swung her blade, as if to remove the force by simply slicing it away but the barrier simply flexed, allowing her only a few inches more purchase before bulging back to its original shape. As it dawned on Anariel that she wouldn't be able to destroy such profanity, she dropped to her knees, tears coursing down her face freely, both in anger and anguish.

She'd lost her brother, and in a way that assured he was gone. No angel could survive their wings being removed and still be an angel. It made them mortal, and with the amount of blood she could see dried and caked into the wooden walls and ceiling of the room, there was no way that a mortal would have come out of it alive. This was where an act of purest sin had been made by the destruction of beauty. Anariel slowly turned her head, though she remained looking at the dirt floor beneath her, and the feathers on her wings took a darker cast, their golden glow leaving to be replaced by a misty, grey light. The feathers themselves slowly darkened until her wings were glossy black where they entered her body, the end-most feathers retaining the purity of their original white color.

"This room is nothing more than an altar of a Blasphemer. When they show themselves, as they most undoubtedly will, We will end them. There will be no heaven or hell for the perpetrator of this crime, there will only be eternal destruction. They will be removed from the world entirely, and without question. They will-" She stopped, and looked up at Abraham.

"Ra," she said, using the nickname she'd given him oh so long ago. "I'm breaking inside, and the parts won't fit into a whole anymore. Help me make certain redeem this place of insult, I beg of you, and help me find myself again. I do not want to be lost to the da-" She stopped again, and her face took on a more stoic appearance once more. An indifferent but vengeful being of wrath and judgement in the body of a near-perfect warrior.

She stood with an eerie calm.

"We will wait for the maker of this place." Her words brooked no argument.

Abraham - Inside the Barn

Anariel's aggression shocked Abraham, her banging on the invisible force that separated them from the stones and Uriel's wings holding firm against her strikes. He took a step towards her, but fell short, eyes wide with horror as he saw her wings change color, the black at the base mixing into various shades of grey until they reached pure white tips. Her face was filled with a pain and sorrow he'd never seen on the Ethereal in all the centuries he's been alive. Her words reverberated in his head and as her face changed from sorrow to stoicism in what seemed like an instant, only one thought crossed his mind. I shouldn't have left.

He was thrust back into his memories again, the memories of heaven. When he first fell, the memories of him and Ana, side by side in the light, tormented him daily. With time he found a way to block them from his mind, but they were never truly gone. His centuries of exile on the Isle of Chronos had calmed his rage, given him time to reflect, and with that reflection came the memories, slowly seeping their way back in. They told him what he never wanted to admit to himself, that he'd made a mistake. He'd allowed Lucifer to twist his heartbreak, turn it into rage and ordered him to attack humanity like the rabid dog his visage had morphed to resemble.

Now an old friend of his was dead, and the woman he loved stood before him, forever scarred by the horror, and in that moment he knew that he needed to atone. As Anarial's form grew darker, it looked as if Abraham's form was growing lighter, his skin lightening from its darkish brown to a bronze tone, his eyes losing the red iris of rage, reverting to their original emerald green that he was created with in heaven. His face filled with a sorrow he'd not shown to another in a millennium as he took Anariel's hands in his own.

"Ana, we will bring the maker of this desecration to an agonizing end, but I cant watch you lose yourself to the same darkness I did." His voice shook with emotion as his eyes begged her to hear his words. "I was a fool for letting Lucifer use me. There's not a single word that could do justice to how much I've regretted that decision, for how much I regretted leaving you behind. Please, I beg you, do not follow me down the path I chose. You want me to help you find yourself again, and I promise I will help you until my last breath, but I need you to help me find myself as well. Please, Anariel. Help me find redemption." The tears flowed freely down his face, he didn't care if Raziel saw, these were emotions he'd kept locked away for too long, and he couldn't take it anymore.

@Luxin

Anariel
Hgronian South Province
The Barn (Uriel's Tomb)

Anariel's gaze lifted to look into Abraham's eyes, and the stoicism that had formed like a thin cornice of ice melted away in an instant. Once again tears leaked from her eyes, more slowly now than before, and a thin smiled graced her lips. She reached up one hand, gently laying it against Abraham's cheek for a moment.

"Ra, you came back. You said you would before you left to meet with him, but you took so long to do so." For a moment, it seemed as if she was back to herself again and that the fracture in who she was was only momentary, a lapse in personality, but the truth became more obvious as she continued.

"Wait until we get back home again. Uri and Rythe will be so happy to see you've come back to us. We were worried you would follow the other two when they chose to fall from grace." She hugged him tightly, not only with her arms but fully wrapping him in her embrace by unfurling her wings, only to fold them back in around his back. Her skin felt oddly cool to the touch, where it was bare. She stepped back a single step, her wings still keeping them together, and looked down almost shyly.

"Ra, we'll be together always, right? You won't leave me for those other two, will you?" Her voice had an innocence to it that, for Abraham, would be nothing more than a memory brought forth. She was saying things just like she had over a millennium ago, just before he'd fallen for Lucifer's tricks. It almost became worrying, but she stepped back more fully, her wings sliding from around him and draping for just a moment before she pulled them tight to her back.

"But you did leave, didn't you Ra. You left us all, because you didn't listen. And now you're asking me to learn from your life? How could I? How could you teach me anything about-" She stopped, her mind finally realizing what his words meant. His apology was deeper than her anger, and it tore through the madness that threatened her psyche like her spear had cut through so many dangers in the past. It was a clarion note, straight to her core, calling her back from the brink.

"I..." She shuddered slightly, then her wings fell slack once more, half unfurling and loosely grazing against the dirt floor.

"I'm sorry, Ra. I shouldn't have gotten so angry when you left. It just hurt so much when you did, because of what we did. The ritual we alone undertook, when none of the other would have dared. We took a piece of one another's lives, to live within us eternally, and I fear that the pain I felt seeped into the shard of you that I bore within me. I worried that it was what caused you to continue to spiral downward with Lucifer, into that darkness, but you've come back now. I should be happy with you, not mad." She choked back the smallest of sobs before looking up into his brilliantly green eyes again.

"Thank you for being here with me. I would not," She paused for a moment, turning as if to look back at the wings before thinking better of it and stopping herself. "I would not have been able to keep myself from that darkness within me were it not for you. Uriel's passing is more difficult for me than I think you know, though I'm sure you have enough emotions about it yourself." She sighed and walked back over to him, her wings dragging somewhat before she simply leaned against him, her head against his chest.

"By the grace I bear, I promise to be by your side and to aid you in the darkness, Abraham of the Highest Heavens. I shall bear you aloft when you are trapped below, and I shall fight by your side when you are alone. I vow these things by my nature and by my Grace, and I shall not be worthy of either should my word falter." As she finished speaking, the misty light around her feathers shined just a slight bit brighter and an ephemeral wind circled round them, dying within moments. Anariel had done something for them both, though it had been without explicit permission, and she could only hope that it would be worth it in the end.

Just as the last of the breeze faded away, an uneasy feeling crept over the archangel, causing her to turn to face the source: Uriel's wings. For a moment, all seemed calm, just a bit unnerving, before the four multicolored wings began to lift up as if still attached to Uriel himself. They hung still for a moment, fully opened and radiating their majesty, before they flapped once, seeming to pull the light from the room into themselves. All went dark, save for the faintest light around Anariel's wings, though it provided no illumination for the room itself.

~Lucifer- Barn, Oblitus~
In a span of a second, small flames, ebony in color, slithered across the area. More and more of them came as they began to seem to defy gravity and float up to a certain spot in the air. The flames grew more and more, forming into a man-shaped figure. The flames seemed to stop slithering and dancing as if they were frozen in time as the form became more solid and features became more visible. Some more black flames rushed across the sky landing into the frozen flames, making a blinding bright light come from the flames.

As the light slowly subsided, a man stood from the light show, slowly looking around as he took in his surroundings and...himself. Long white hair flowed down to the ground, his ebony wings spread as his eyes landed on Anariel and Abraham. "Guess who's back?" he called out in a sing-song tune as he made his way slowly over to them, giving out a maniacal laugh that could be heard for miles. He held his hand out and a three bladed scythe materialized into his hands. "Oh, Cerebus, how I have missed you. And you as well, Anariel, Abraham. I guess you two are the welcoming committee."

Abraham - Barn: Uriel's Tomb

He stayed silent as Anariel seemed to crack and reform before his very eyes. The innocence in her voice as she talked about Uriel and Rythe only deepened his guilt for having been so blind. The anger in his voice almost destroyed him where he stood, clutching at his chest where the piece of her resided within him. Then she embraced him, and spoke a vow of protection that he knew Aditi would've never allowed. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close, wanting to never leave her embrace. "Ana, I..."

His thoughts were cut short as the world around them dimmed. Black fire... fire that was all too familiar to Abraham formed before his eyes, and Lucifer stepped forth. No, not now. He thought. Aditi, I beg of you! Not when I've finally figured everything out. He took a step backwards from the imposing figure, the fear evident in his eyes. "Why are you here? Why now?! What do you want Lucifer?!!"

Anariel
Hgronian South Province
Before Lucifer

As the ebony fire scorched the air and coalesced, Anariel turned and faced the gathering danger without hesitation. She might have been weak at that moment, vulnerable to many things, but the threat of a fight loomed and instincts older than her time on Terrestria kicked in, settling her frayed nerves into a simple, comfortable position. She could deal with her emotions later.

As he commented snidely about them being the welcome committee, the archangel gave him a sarcastic smirk, only to surround herself with her wings. The misty grey light faded, dying down to almost nothing, only to flare up again, growing brighter and brighter. The brightening happened so quickly that it almost didn't seem to go very bright, simply a wash of light to provide illumination back to the room, but for the briefest of moment Anariel had glowed like the sun at midday. To anyone nearing the barn, there would be a flash of light coming from within, blindingly bright for a mere moment and leaving a hefty afterimage.

"Lucifer, you do not dare to set foot upon the ground for you know what you have done. To kill an Ethereal is against the pact that you and your lover, Aditi, swore to one another. You break your oaths, and you should take shame in such acts." Where Abraham stepped back, Anariel took two steps forward, manifesting her spear in one hand before setting her second hand into form. She moved, once more with speed unseen from her before that day, simply shifting from a loose position to one far more ready for combat.

"Leave at once, and let us honor our dead in what ways we can. You have overstepped your bounds and your own laws, and you will not be forgiven for such." She watched him, her eyes bright as ever. As she watched him, her lower wings shivered ever so slightly, causing the area around Lucifer to take on a low-volume but highly irritating noise designed for him alone to hear.

Lucifer looked down at the ground before looking up at Anariel, listening to her little speech. "I dared and I did set foot upon the ground, Anariel. As for my crimes, do you think I really give a shit about my oaths and whatever else you're babbling on about? Come now, you know me better than that." He heard the sound that Anariel made and he only laughed at the attempts to irritate him, though the sound did run his nerves as it continued. He shot black flames at the two, blocking their path.

"You two wait while I play for a minute." Turning his attention to Raziel with a feral grin plastered on his face, he lifted his scythe and pointed it towards him. "You'll make for a good toy." With that said, he swung Cerebus down, watching as the blades cut through Raziel's soft flesh. Blood splattered on his face and chest as he chuckled with joy. Pulling his scythe close to him, he flung off the body that kept to it with a sigh. "Well, that was almost nothing." he said, as he licked the blood off of all three blades. "Should your blood be the next to decorate my Cerebus, Anariel, Abraham?" Again, he laughed as he recalled the flames.

"Dance with me."

Abraham - Barn: Uriel's Tomb

Abraham's vision was engulfed by Ana's light, it felt as if Aditi herself had granted the Ethereal her strength. Such beauty snapped Abraham out of his fear, the lover he was bound to for eternity was about to do battle with Satan himself, he could not afford to be weak, to be afraid. He needed to encompass the wrath that Lucifer built in him, and he needed to turn it against his creator. The devil couldn't control him anymore.

The cruelty in Lucifer's eyes as he cut down Raziel as if he was nothing, moved Abraham to his core. How is it that he hadn't seen this when he first fell, or did he see it and just not care? It mattered not, because he cared now. His form shifted into the hybrid between man and beast that he had become, his resolve was firm. He would kill Lucifer here and now, with Anariel by his side.

"Let's dance, Lucy."

He leapt through the air with a strength and speed unrivaled by any mortal being. His horns were aimed directly at Satan's black heart, with Aditi's favor, he would make contact, and end his dark reign once and for all.

Anariel

As Abraham leapt, Anariel stepped forward in a feint, drawing her leading foot back and thrusting her spear forward toward Lucifer's face. She ducked herself low as she did so, making the motion of the spear go from a straight on thrust to a near-arcing motion as it drove up from below. She let go of the weapon with both her hands, and despite their being no guiding grip, it continued to aim true for the motion.

With a light jump of her own, the archangel got airborne, her wings flaring open completely to steady herself as she pulsed wave after wave of sonic energy below her, levitating. It had been nothing more than a neat trick initially, but in such close quarters as these, flapping her wings about would likely end up injuring herself or Abraham, a risk she couldn't take. She watched her spear for a moment, then held out a hand as if to reach out and grab it by the haft.

Another flash of light, this time emanating from the spear itself and at far less intensity than Anariel's flare. As the light faded, the spear was once more back in her hand, her wings pinned halfway open as she dove at Lucifer. Unfortunately, she had to fight against him from in front of him, rather than having full use of the room due to the invisible barrier between them and the stones, but it was enough for her to work with.

She let out a war cry, forcing it to echo as if they were in a vast chamber of stone instead of a cramped wooden room.

Lucifer grinned at the sudden movement of both Anariel and Abraham, holding his scythe up in time to block Abraham, a shield big enough forming around the sycthe. He used the force to jump back as much as he could in the confined space before having to scramble out of the way of Anariel's spear. "The years had done you two good, huh? My turn." he said, as he let his flames coat the blades of Cerebus before swinging it towards Anariel. "Screaming won't really do much if you're trying to kill me, child."

Abraham - Fighting Lucifer

He pushed off of the shield Lucifer made, pulling a backflip to slow his momentum so that he didn't hit the wall of the barn. Fighting in such an enclosed space was frustrating for someone who preferred to charge his opponent. Anariel seemed to be having even more trouble as her full wingspan couldn't be reached. He moved with speed he didn't even know he had, intercepting the blades of Cerberus before they made purchase on Anariel's armor. Abraham yelped in pain as he crashed into the other side of the barn.

He stood up quickly however, the healing factor already sealing the wounds shut and dowsing the devil's flames. "That they have. They seem to have dulled your edge though." Abraham responded as he circled around him, ready to pounce his flank with claw strikes when Anariel moved.

Anariel

She'd hesitated, and though he'd healed from it, that hesitation had allowed Abraham to be injured. She squared off for a moment, almost as if she were simply stepping back from the fight. For a moment, everything hung still in the air, then her wings vanished, absorbing into her body like any angel could do. Without them agree appeared more human, but when she looked at the Devil, it was obvious that she'd done something strange. While her eyes were normally blue, in each iris was a ring of misty grey color.

"Time has made me hone my skills, Lucifer. You should not have been so overly confident in your arrival." She closed her eyes and held the spear before her, bladed head before her mouth.

"Blessing release thyself, and show tis mortal world the works of angels. Let this day be marked by the arrival of Glory, and may she see me as worthy of her strength." The spear began to glow a gentle gold, then stronger and stronger until it blazed like a fire. Anariel opened her eyes once more and charged the ten or so feet, driving her spear forward in a lunging thrust for her enemy's right hip.

"I'm not being overly confident." he said, wincing as the spear struck his hip. "I fully know what I'm capable of, Ana." He jumped back, looking down at his wound. "And first blood go to Anariel." He charged forward, engulfing his fist in black fire and aimed it towards the midsection of the angel, his scythe rising to be brought down as well.

Abraham - Barn

Abraham saw his chance, while Lucifer was taunting Anariel, he leapt again, ripping into the devil's flesh with his claws. His grip held firm as Satan charged forward towards her. "Nobody calls her Ana but me, Lucy." He yelled in his ear before attempting to take a bite out of his clavicle bone.

Back