Ame Damnee Hgronian South Province - Farmlands: Barn

Anariel

She smiled and spoke softly in response to Alexander's question. "Perhaps it is curiosity, a spark of interest long cooled finally flaring to life once more. Still, let us be off." She stepped back, opening her wings fully. She gripped the wings of Uriel a bit tighter and she crouched down and leaped into the air.

With a few flaps of her wings, Anariel took to the air in truth, wheeling about slightly to line up with where both Rythe and Abraham had headed. She had heard of Fairharvest before today, but it was a settlement she'd never bothered to visit. It had never been important enough to her that it would require her to simply arrive and stop whatever the town was doing for the day, as seemed to occur when she went places outside of New Eden. At least there she was a common enough sight that the people didn't scramble to try and meet her every need.

It was that very thing that had caused her to retreat into seclusion as much as she had, as she never felt right being pampered.

She waited for a moment or two, watching her fallen siblings before powering forward, wings beating a swift and steady tempo to take her to Fairhavest with haste.

Chandra Eclav
The Forest Edge with Lucifer

Chandra only grinned at the Devil as he brought her face closer to his but pulled away when the newcomer appeared. Her eyes moved over to her, the one Lucifer called 'spy'. The woman addressed Lucifer and didn't even bother to ask her the question as to why Chandra was with him, unlike the other Harbingers. The woman's words piqued a curiosity in the dark elf; this woman knew the other Harbingers and seemingly knew that they didn't want anything to do with their master. It was interesting to her but she could only scoff. "You know, spy, you could just ask me why I'm with him. I am standing right here after all, such terrible manners, really. I don't even know who the other Harbingers are, I just know that I knew them once. Or at least the old Wrath did, but he was a bit of a brat now, wasn't he?"

The dark elf turned to face Zaraa now,"I'm here with him because it's a lot more exciting than being with a group of blubbering idiots scrambling around to find answers or piece together their pathetic lives into the new lives they have acquired. But you know, Wrath... Wrath suits me. I don't need answers to fit our lives together. Now, what is that you mentioned about a familiar name? I don't believe I've ever met you before."

Aeriseth
Outside of the Barn

Aeriseth looked over to Alexander and his confusion to his own feelings, she didn't offer a response after Anariel gave her best guess on what it was that he was experiencing. Within seconds, their sister took flight and had disappeared into the sky. The Succubus turned to look at Alexander, she forced a faint smile, though it didn't last. "I hope we are doing the right thing, Alex," she said softly before allowing her wings to fan out at full length. The woman turned from the vampire and started to walk away, her steps picking up speed until she was in a sprint and finally in the air. Her black wings flapping against the wind as she ascended into the sky and after Anariel.

The Succubus could not use her wings in combat like the Songbird could but it was for a reason; Aeriseth was always one of the fastest flyers between her brother's and sister. As she flew into the cool air she couldn't help but wonder what the new Ethereal would be like. In a way the new Ethereal would be joining a family but whoever it was, did not grow up with the rest of them and that made Aeriseth curious as to how the new Ethereal would react to them; especially to her, Alexander, and Abraham who were Envoys. Aeriseth quickly caught up to Anariel and she passed her glance, realizing only now just whose wings she was carrying with her. It saddened her heart to know that Uriel had passed and for once, the woman swallowed her pride. "I'm sorry for your loss," she said quietly before flying off ahead.

Alexander seemed pleased with the answer Anariel gave him and said nothing more as his wings spread and he took flight, following but staying behind the group. His head turned over Anariel's answer as they went, confusion sparking through him. Had he really lost all knowledge of emotion that he once held. He felt empty and void of emotion for so long that he didn't understand the raging storm inside him. He knew love as his love for Aeriseth never went away but the others? He shook his head as he looked forward, his eyes locked on Aeri's form. "

Lila Nender-Barn
Lila smiled as Eddie held her, her fingers locked in his hair as tears of her own brimmed her eyes. "I love you too, Eddie. Now and forever." She thought for a moment, staying silent as she relaxed physically in his embrace. Her mind didn't relax though as she voiced the first question that came to thought. "Where does your mother live?"

Lucifer-Barn
"Familiar name, Zaraa? Is there something that I don't know?" He looked between the two with curious, threatening eyes though the threat was pointed more towards Zaraa. "As for your questions, it seems that you have your answer. It's rude to not address your second-in-command, pet. You'll be wise to stay in your place. I can't stop what this little elf may do to you if you anger her." He chuckled as he neared Zaraa and wrapped his gray fingers around her throat, the grip loose. "Now, I have a task for you. I want you to keep an eye on the Harbingers and report back to me with our little mind connection. I'm not giving you the task of killing them, you'd end up dead yourself and you're still useful so let's avoid that." As he spoke the grip grew tighter, his eyes narrowing slightly. "Now do you know Chandra, pet?"

Edward Toorn - Barn

He looked outside the barn, noticing that the Envoys and Ethereal had taken off for whatever mission they needed to complete. They were going to face his father, and something in his heart told him that he wouldn't be there to help. He looked down at his lover who was snuggled in his arms as she asked her question. "My mom was still in New Eden when I left. It's been 55 years so its possible she might've moved out, but she loves it there. Why do you ask?"

Zaraa, The Forest's Edge

She grimaced as Lucifer made the assumption that she knew Chandra. His grip around her throat constricted her speech as she fought to breathe while addressing Lucifer. The memory of stabbing Maric, sin of lust, crossed her mind. She'd have to be cautious, yes. They were already after her. "I don't know her. The name is simply familiar. I have a distant cousin with the same name as her. I don't know if it's her." Her eyes glanced over at the dark elf, acknowledging her appearance and status.

Chandra Eclav
The Forest's Edge

Chandra cocked an eyebrow as she listened to the exchange between Zaraa and Lucifer, it was clear that the woman was merely a tool of the Devil's and judging by what Satan was saying, Zaraa was now her tool as well. Splendid she thought silently to herself, a small wry smile kissing her lips. Zaraa's explanation of why the name Chandra was familiar to her caused the dark elf birth a look of confusion. "A distant cousin? That would be unlikely, I killed my entire family and then their village when I was a child. I don't ever remember meeting other family members, besides..." she paused, eyeing the woman up and down. "You look nothing like me, you don't have a single dark elf trait that I can see."

Chandra sighed and took a casual step toward Zaraa, her eyes studying the woman. The dark elf ran a finger down Zaraa's arm as her smile formed and stretched from ear to ear. "I guess you'll do as a pet." The woman chuckled lightly and then moved to Lucifer's side, bringing her lips to his ear. "Is it really a good idea to send her to watch over the Harbingers? As Wrath, their leader, would they not be more obliged to listen to me rather than her? Or is that you have another job for me?" The dark elf did not speak quietly on purpose, her intention was not to relay a private message to Lucifer.

Lila Nender and Lucifer- Barn
Lila looked nervous for a moment before glancing up at Eddie's eyes. "I...need to go to New Eden...I...want to find who my real family is. And you have family out there too, maybe you can see her again. I know you're exiled but..."she trailed off, unsure of his reaction to her statement. "I want you to come with me."

Lucifer smiled as he ripped his hand away from Zaraa's throat. "I do have another job for you, my dear, on a larger scale to say the least." He looked at Zaraa, before motioning with his hand for her to go and do what she was told before lowering his head to whisper in her ear. "I need you to corrupt Rythe for me. Hm...yes. I have to return to my kingdom, dare I say and take care of things down there, but if you are successful, I'll reward you." he winked, taking her hand and kissing it lightly

Edward Toorn - Barn

He gazed into Lila's eyes, momentarily shocked by her request. He remembered her telling him about her family before but never expected the answers she was looking for to lie in New Eden. His gaze turned from shock to momentary uncertainty, after all this time... could he really go back? He didn't feel worthy enough to face his mother again, to fall into her arms and tell her that he was sorry, but the desire to do so was strong, as was his desire to stay by Lila's side and make her happy. If helping Lila find her family would make her happy then he'd go, and he'd apologize to his mom and try to reconcile things.

He looked at her with a gaze filled with love, giving her a long kiss on the forehead. "I'll go. I want to see her again, but more importantly, I want to help you find your family. Wherever you go, I'm going with you. Don't forget that, ok?" He said as he gently booped her nose. "We'll need to get a handle on our new weapons first though. I've got dad's bow, and you've got to figure out what the hell that sword can't do. I'm starting to get tired of it's convenient surprises." He chuckled.

Carlin
"I'm starting to get tired of its convenient surprises." "How about an inconvenient one?" The words slipped out from within the woman's blade in an almost incomprehensible tone, as though the words had never been said before by the entity that had spoken them. A strange blackness seemed to seep from the weapon before accumulating a few meters away, forming a small pool that slowly rose until it revealed a simple, solid darkness in a somwhat humanoid shape before gaining its form, a few scraps of a mysterious red cloth and a rather sharp sword extending out of its arm.
"You both disgust me." It stated with contempt, sharp eyes glaring at them like daggers as it stood up with a perfectly straight posture. Carlin was very confused about his current position, but was certainly not about to show it.

Zaraa, Forest's Edge

There was little to pay attention to or to talk to. Chandra didn't seem to care; why should she? Zaraa's eyes stayed locked on Lucifer's. She took a deep breath through her mouth when Lucifer's grasp finally released. Rythe... Her suffering would end now. She knew what she wanted to do and obeying Lucifer was the last thing on her mind. Her emotionless eyes stared at him and the disgusting kiss he placed upon her hand. "It shall be done."

With that, she teleported away from both of them to Fairharvest.

Lucifer and Lila Nender-Barn
Lucifer felt a change with Zaraa, the task he gave Zaraa wasn't the task he really was going to give her. After almost 600 years of serving him, he knew she was bound to break and try to be defiant towards him and in that moment he knew that it was this time. Would she do the task that he had given her at first, or this task but once he felt her teleport to the Fairharvest, he knew she didn't plan to do either. A sick grin flashed across his face as he mentally pulled on the link that held them together and without a moment of hesitation, Lucifer ripped it away from Zaraa. He instantly felt the small amount of his power that he gave her return to him and knew that her lifeless body laid whereever she had teleported to. With a chuckle, he turned to Chandra. "Zaraa's dead. She chose to defy me the instant she turned to walk away, so her life was the price. Let's hope it doesn't come to that with you. Now, the task that I had whispered to her was a simple one of corrupting Rythe. I have high faith," he paused, chuckling at that word, "that you can do this."

Lila stared at the figure that came from her sword, well, more glared at his talk of them digusting him. "So the sword is also sentient and you're the form of it? That is quite the surprise." She smirked, looking at Eddie. "What's your name, shadow?" she asked the form, wondering and slightly worried about whatever else this sword may do. "And why wait until now to show up?"

Edward Toorn - Barn

The moment the sword spat out a shadow like creature, Eddie let out a very audible sigh of frustration. The timing was too perfect, he was convinced that either Aditi or his father were toying with him using some sick sense of humor. The shadow man stared at the two of them with daggers of contempt, signs that told Eddie that it was dangerous. Lila seemed to be taking these developments in stride however, smirking and asking it simple questions. He leaned in close to Lila's ear and whispered. "Ask it where it learned its manners as well." A smirk gracing his face.

Carlin
img_3967-jpg.1114
"Yes, Carlin and because I felt like it." It replied immediately, not that it wanted to, but because he felt some sort of compulsion to do. His voice spited that fact and he was not afraid to show it. "From your mother" it countered, his voice void of humour as the fool before him tried to ridicule him. "Now where are we and what has happened to this planet of the damned? Smells like a barn, so I'm assuming you two are nothing but mere animals? Where's your masters, I need to have a 'chat' with someone a little more capable than some little girl and some jester." It growled, the small pale daggers becoming even sharper as the pupil-less eyes slowly examined the room.

Edward Toorn - Barn

Eddie's hair ignited with rage as he stood and stared down the shadow man. "Don't you ever insult my mother!" He was about to go on with a tirade when all of a sudden, he felt a connection disappear. He'd only ever felt such a sensation when his father died, which could only mean... "No...mom..."

His hair returned to normal as tears formed in his eyes, he couldn't be here anymore, he had to get away, had to be alone. He looked back at Lila, the suffering apparent in his eyes and took off for the forest, in a direction opposite of where a familiar dark elf and his father were communicating unbeknownst to him. He only managed to get about a couple yards into the forest before his wings failed him and he crumpled to the ground, his body wracked with sobs.

How had his life gone so wrong? Everyone he loved was either dying or had been lying to him all his life. Was his entire existence just some cruel joke devised by his father to see how much suffering one man could take before he gave up on everything? He didn't know the answer, and he couldn't bring himself to care. He could only lay there in a heap and cry, knowing that this regret would haunt him for the rest of his days. He never got the chance to see her again, to tell her he was sorry, to say that he loved her, he never even got a chance to say goodbye.

Lila Nender-Barn
Lila watched as Eddie ran off, scared at what his eyes held when he looked at her. Grabbing her sword, she didn't notice the disappearance of the shadow person and ran off after Eddie, losing him easily as he took off in flight. "Eddie!" she called out to him, worry heavy in her voice. Determined to find him, she ran in the direction she last saw him go, keeping her eyes to the sky to see if she could pinpoint him. It was the sobs that pulled her gaze towards the ground where she spotted Eddie not to far away. Reaching him finally, she collapsed to the ground next to him and pulled him into her embrace. "Eddie, talk to me, love. What's wrong?" The worry and fear was evident in her voice.

Edward Toorn - Forest

He never heard Lila's cries, his own grief drowned them out. It was only after she reached him and pulled him into her embrace that he realized she was there, and he heard her plea to talk to her. His arms wrapped around her and held onto her as if she could disappear at any moment. "Lila... my mother's dead. I felt it... her connection to my soul left me, she's gone! I never had a chance! To see her again, to say I'm sorry! I couldn't say how much I loved her, I couldn't even say goodbye, Lila! Why?! It's not fair!!" He screamed into her shoulder as his body continued to be wracked with sobs. He was broken in that instant, and he didn't know if he could be put back together again.

Lila Nender- Barn
Lila didn't say anything to him as he cried about his loss. There wasn't anything that could be said in this moment. She stroked his hair and held him closer, murmuring. "I'm sure she knew that you loved her, all mothers know that their children love them Eddie." Lila held back adding anymore, there were secrets that needed to be kept. "She loved you, didn't she?"

Eddie Toorn - Barn

He sobbed into her shoulder, gradually calming down as she stroked his hair. He didn't want to leave, every other safe haven that he had was destroyed, the only place he could find true peace anymore was in Lila's arms. As he slowly emerged from his grief, she heard her ask him if his mother loved him.

"She did, I never deserved a mother who could love me so much. I was so stupid, Lila." He moved slightly out of her embrace to pull out the flute. "When my father gave me this, I changed. I took all of my mother's love and threw it back in her face. I tried to burn down the cathedral of her goddess. I did horrible things to her that I'll never get to apologize for, all because of this stupid flute and my bastard of a father." He gripped Michelle tighter in his hand, almost as if he was trying to crush it, but couldn't bring himself to actually do it, before falling back in Lila's arms.

"I just wanted to tell her myself. Even if she did know, I wanted her to hear it from me. Now I have nothing left in this world. Nothing except you. Please, Lila, promise me that you wont die and leave me alone, please! I cant keep living by myself anymore, so please, don't leave me alone."

Lila stared down at Eddie with a saddened expression. "I want to promise but we don't know when we die right?" She looked at Eddie with a tear in her eye. "What if you die and you leave me? That also leaves me with no one. I'll promise if you can promise the same." She smiled through the tears. "My only family was my uncle. I had to kill him, he tried to kill me. I still don't know why. But he still raised me and taught me everything I know today. "I loved him and I know he loved me. I still never got to tell him. I understand your pain." She dug her face into his shoulder. "I love you, Eddie and you need time to grieve but don't lose yourself to it. Hold on to the memories and the times she did tell you she loved you. Now just cry, let it go. I won't leave."

Eddie Toorn - Barn

Cry he did. Eddie out every tear he had into Lila's shoulder. He wanted to form words to respond to her statements, but found that coherence was as far away from him as his mother now was. That thought in itself made him cry more. His sobs echoed into the forest for another half hour before he eventually felt himself calm down. After all of that, he was suddenly exhausted. It had been a long time since his last cry, so it caught him by surprise, combined with the battle he had with his father, Eddie was drained. "Lila, can we camp here tonight? I'm exhausted." He said, nearly collapsing his head onto her lap as he said it.

Back