New User Hi, I'm Anne

i-a-m-a-n-n-e

Good morning, afternoon, night if you're one of those people, or evening! Hope you're doing well : )
My name's Anne, for those who hadn't noticed, and I'm excited to be taking a look around the place. I've been an active writer for as long as I can remember, and I've been writing with others for about 7 years now. (which awkwardly reminds me that the age on my profile is wrong because I'm a clumsy and dumb)
A couple of friends and I recently started a roleplay based discord server.
I'm very passionate about storytelling, I love creating stories, characters, and worlds and writing with others makes me mostly excited because I can see the creativity and effort other people put into their work also.

On more personal matters, I am a cat lover with 8 dogs. Ha! Expectation subversion! Don't worry I own two pretty furry felines as well. They're like my little family, though the one I love the most is Timmy; a self-absorbed and bossy red cat. He loves me too, he just loves himself most of all. I've had Timmy ever since I was 6 and I picked him out myself at the shelter, he's been my soft and loyal companion ever since.

Other than writing there is something else I am extremely passionate about, which is the preservation of nature and the environment. I live on an island in the Caribbean where this is very important, to preserve the plants, the animals and the coral reef. I'm a diver and knowing what everything looks like underwater only makes my passion for this greater. I volunteer whenever I can for planting trees or doing costal cleanups, along with some other things.

Ever since I can remember I love reading and creating stories and worlds myself and I have dozens of, possibly near a hundred, old notebooks filled with embarrassing stories I've written all throughout middle school and high school. Most of which I never want anyone or anything to ever read again.
Though I'm passionate about writing regardless and I've gotten much better over the years. I love fantasy, adventure, and horror, but most of all Science Fiction.

I'm honestly just very excited to find a new platform of writers and new people to connect with.

Love, Anne

Hey, hi, howdy! Welcome to the fold! There are several RPs that I hope are right up your alley, you can see them on the front page, but to make it even easier for you, here's a link to mine~

Howdy Anne and welcome to Storyteller's Circle! That is a mighty pack of dogs you have there! I'm a dog lover too, but only have one cat at the moment. I'm really glad there's people like you on the preservation of nature front. Myself, I haven't had many chances to help around my local area since moving here due to various reasons, but back when I used to live near good hiking trails, I'd try to do my part every summer in my little corner.

Also hello fellow Caribbean person! Though originally from an island in the Caribbean too, I now live in the US in a landlocked city where it's all urban sprawl and little nature nearby. Hurts a bit that every time I go back to visit though as the island looks like a little less pristine than my childhood memories every time, but it's heartening that there's folks like you out there fighting the good fight to preserve our environment.

I hope you have a wonderful time writing with us here at Storyteller's Circle, and if you have any questions about the site don't hesitate to ask. I also encourage you to look around other intro threads and participate with other newcomers like you, no better way to get a head-start on making writing connections than talking with people on the same boat as you!

I look forward to seeing what you create here with us, it's been a while since I've been involved in a good Science Fiction story myself.

Hiya! Glad that you're passionate about the environment because I feel not enough people are and that's a huge problem. Any type of horror rp you're particularly interested? I've got one that takes place in a school where bodies are being torn asunder by something and only time will tell if anyone escapes! :D Dashmiel is playing the scary thing.... Take a gander and see what you think!

Back