Almighty.Person.Me

The Envious One

The World

"Welcome heroes. You are no longer needed. You should be proud!"

As a member of The Heroes' Guild you have put forth blood, sweat, and tears to protect your world. You have worked for the leaders of the World with honesty, integrity, and bravery. You have maintained a strong moral compass and have worked together to destroy every evil that has ever threatened the World.

But now the World Government has decided that it no longer needs you. Something changed, seemingly overnight, and severe restrictions on power, training, and growth were implemented. Most people of your power level were killed outright if they did not submit to voluntary imprisonment. This has gone on for months and the concentration of power in the World now lies with government leaders.

For your years of valiant service, the members of the Heroes' Guild were awarded a different fate. They were gathered in the Tower of Portals and sentenced to banishment to another realm. A one way ticket and the only way that they could escape with their lives and their freedom. The portal was supposed to choose a new world at random.

--
The New World

Of all the infinite realms, it is impossible that every world wins the battle against evil. In some worlds, the heroes die, the people lose the will to fight, and those with dark desires take hold of the reins of power. That is exactly what happened in the New World.

The Ruler of the New World is an epitome of chaotic evil. Somehow, he has managed to gather millions of followers. Every country in the New World is under his control. Though, the further from his capital you roam the less obvious his control becomes. That is changing.

Is it by chance that a group of the World's greatest heroes were transported to a world that so desperately needs one? Was someone pulling the strings in the Tower of Portals? Certainly not the same person pulling the strings of the World Government.

There is a lot to learn and uncover in the New World, but whether you choose to do so is entirely up to you.

--

Meta Talk
- First order of business: cliches are obviously welcome here. Do you like high elves? Typical Tolkien stuff? Feel free to use.

- Second order of business: Original stuff is welcome here. Want to create your own species of intelligent worms that live as parasites feeding on the tears of the Western Sky Buffalo? Please do so. I love a combination of cliche tropes and unique ideas.

Populate these worlds with your imagination. Wherever that takes you.
-I say "worlds" because we clearly have two worlds. The World and the New World. Did I call them that because I can't think of a cool fantasy name at the moment? Absolutely. And it's likely new worlds could emerge in the future.

Though, initially, the primary focus for the Heroes' Guild will be the New World. The big picture still involves the old World significantly. I don't really know how yet. I just came up with most of this off the top of my head.

-That's how I like my roleplays. I put down the seed of an idea and all of us, as writers, nurture that seed and create an epic world with epic characters and epic journeys. I am extremely open to any and all possibilities in terms of characters, countries, species, etc. Got a cool idea for an entire content? Awesome. I'm sure we can work it in here somehow. There's no limit to how massive a fantasy world can become.

-On the flipside, there are core stories we need to focus on here. I like to think in terms of arcs. The initial arc involves the members of the Heroes' Guild being sent to the New World and their first major obstacle after arriving there, whatever that may be.

-Do you need to be a hero? Absolutely not. However, those are the first characters and the main characters of the first story arc. Once this group of heroes has been organized there can't be any new additions to that group, but of course there can still be additions to the roleplay. That's where all of the other characters will come in.

- I obviously don't have many details about the core of the story down yet. We will work together to flesh those out and create an awesome narrative.

- I seek writers who want to let their imaginations and their love of fantasy run wild. If you're interested in creating this story with me and your fellow writers, then please message me or post in this topic.

Awesome. Glad to hear there are some fantasy enthusiasts here. I will probably launch an OOC topic here shortly so we can hash out some ideas and whatnot. Until then, ponder up your own awesome hero and whatever other ideas you think will work.

May I take part in it? Reason: 10% I like the idea and 90% I LOVE Almighty.person.me's sarcasm and irony. I enjoyed reading the intro.
I'd like to throw my hat in if you'll have me

Of course you're both in. I think we have us a bare minimum group of heroes now. I'll throw up the OOC topic later on today.

Still accepting more if anyone is interested, though.

Two questions:
How fast would you like the posting to be?
Is there room for more brains? :oops:

It doesn't have to be super fast. I don't know if we're going to be doing a posting order or not. If we do post in a certain order, then posting in a week's time would be nice, but if you need more time it's perfectly fine. I know my own schedule is crazy and I can't get on here every day or even every few days. Sometimes I can only make it on here part of one day out of the week. So really there's no pressure for time. Even less pressure if we don't use a posting order. That's something we'll have to discuss in OOC.

And yeah definitely room for more brains. There's still room on The Heroes' Guild if you would like to play a hero. If you prefer a different type of role just let me know.

There is definitely plenty of room left. Pop over to the OOC topic and let us know if you are interested in a hero role or something a little different.

Back