New User Hiya

Kaia13

Hello, everyone! I am Kaia13. Not my actual name, obviously, but hey, internet safety. I used to do this sort of thing a long (and I mean loooong) time ago. It was while I was in junior high and beginning of high school and I am now a senior in college, so yeah, a while back. Anyways, I really enjoyed writing stories with people back then, and I made some good friends while there, but the site I used eventually started losing members. I don't think there are any people using the site at all anymore, actually. Anyways, I started writing on my own, but I was having a lot of difficulty keeping my story where I wanted it to go, and all of my ideas kind of jumbled themselves together on the pages. I lost motivation and started doing other things. I want to start writing again for more than just classwork, but I just can't seem to focus while writing on my own. And that is why I am here. I'm a little nervous to be starting this again, but I hope I will find as much satisfaction as I used to, if not more.

Welcome to STC Kaia!

Glad you've decided to come back to ropleplaying!

I just graduated from College myself in may, what's your major?

Also you have any favorite genres?

-Sokka

Welcome to the neighborhood. We have the equipment to keep stories on track - from basic blinders to advanced navigational systems with sultry voices.

I am a psychology major, leaning more towards the experimental track. I really enjoy the fantasy side of writing, but I can get into sci-fi as well if it feels right. One thing I really don't like doing is trying to take on characters or stories that have already been created, like fan-based stuff. I feel like it limits my options.

This equipment sounds interesting. Where can I find it?

Thanks, Draco! Honestly, I've been getting more excited about this since I set up my account. I had to go to a meeting right after I did my intro, and I was just waiting to get back to check up here. And I haven't even started an RP yet! I'm glad I finally decided to do this again.

You're welcome! When I first created my account on here I had to go to work too and it was also my first time rping on a site so I was super excited to get back home and give it a try

I was nervous to start because I had made good friends on my old RP site and didn't know how I would feel about starting over with completely new people. I am typically not the kind of person to make friends easily.

I don't make friends easily either. Mostly cause I have a hard time getting out of my shell. I was anxious with starting because I was worried about how I came off.

Well, I like you so far. Quick question, though. I am trying to set up my avatar picture, but I am having difficulties. It lets me select the file, but when I hit okay, it doesn't do anything, so I have to close it. Any idea how to fix that?

Edit: I went to my profile, and it was there. It is also showing in this thread...so never mind. For some reason, it just didn't show that the upload was successful when I tried.

Last edited:
Apparently, no help was needed. Maybe I'm just impatient. I made a help thread and everything...a great way to introduce myself *sigh*.
Anyways, I love dragons, too! When my friend came out with this picture, I was astounded. I mean, she used to show me her sketchbook, and her drawings were amazing, but she got so much better when she switched to computer graphics.

I know! The first time she showed me her sketchbook, I found this picture she had done of a knight who had just defeated a dragon. Instead of the typical, victorious pose of a strong, heroic knight, he was on his knees, utterly drained and exhausted. And you couldn't even see his face. It didn't look glorious, which I loved. She let me keep it.

Hey there and welcome to Storyteller's Circle :)

I've been in your boat. Had a several year hiatus from my original roleplaying site, and when I returned it just wasn't the same, and most of the people I knew had moved on as well. Ended up just abandoning free-form roleplaying for years more before I finally got back into it. When I did... I site bounced for a while, just feeling disjointed because I didn't know anyone.

I always say the fastest way to get someone to stay on a site, is for that person to make friends. They're what keep us coming back :)

It is my sincere hope that you can find and make some new ones here. I went ahead and got your account approved, so you're free to start joining roleplays. The trophy may not show up immediately, but your permissions are all in order.

If you need assistance finding anything, or don't know where to get started. Please don't hesitate to ask! We're a pretty friendly lot here.

Hello! My name is Cheyenne. I can definitely relate. I think I first started role playing around 14 years ago. I was introduced in elementary school on Neopets (...anyone else?) and my last active role play was several years ago. I've had similar experience with role play sites. A couple years ago, i tried to get back into rp with my own site, but the same thing happened and no one really uses it anymore. Stuff like that can be really hard to maintain.

I'm also new, but I do hope you find some really fun role plays to be a part of. :)

Back