Layton followed close behind Nuli "His lackey said that he is waiting at his base, where that base is I have no clue." he informed. "Maybe Jane knows where it is. Do you Jane?" he asked as he began taking off his tracksuit, revealing the stealth suit beneath it.

Jane held up the handle of the sword in the air. "I have a weapon," she said.

Wiliam smirked and pet his daughters head, "don't underestimate our Jany, thinks she can beat the world by herself. I am grateful you want to do this, for us," he said to the group. "Thank you,"

"Not sure, but, there is a place he told me to bring the artefact to maybe, we can meet him there. Or find some sort of trace?" Jane suggested. Answering Laytons questions.

Vir tagged them along with her gun clad in her hand. ''I believe we could try go for that location. Chances are they picked the meeting location because the criminals have a relatively easy route going from that meeting place to their base. If we can't find anyone in the meeting location, then we can scout around and see if we can find their base.'' Vir stated.

Nuli made her way right to the ship, she looked at the three individuals and sighed, "Okay, can you fly a ship?" She asked Jane, "If not you'll need to tell me the coordinates." she added. The alien stepped into the ship and looked around, she waited for the others to step into the ship. When Layton did, she gently patted his head.

Layton returned Nuli's pat with a smirk. He'd be lying if he said he didn't enjoy it at least a little bit.

"If it were up to me, I wouldn't let her pilot this ship, even if she knew how." He said in a confident tone and looked at Jane "No hard feelings, alright?" He turned to look at Nuli again and said "Besides, this station isn't that big. I'm sure if we look hard enough we'll find them eventually."

Jane gave her family one last hug before she followed the others. Her family waving at her as they wish them good luck.

"We don't have to go with the ship it is nearby," Jane answered Nuli as she led them back into the maze of ruins and rushed made homes. " I am not sure if I can even reach the buttons," she added. Soon she stopped at one of the large buildings closest by the docks. From here it would have been easy to keep an eye on what happened on the docks if you would climb on the rooftop. "Here it is," she whispered spreading her arms. Glancing around her warry, ready to jump in a fight stand if someone would show up.

"How do you even drive a ship inside of a station? Do you know how expensive it is to fix anything here?" She said at Nuli for her suggestion of flying a ship indoors. She then followed others with her gun ready.

As they stood at their destination she looked at the rooftops. She looked at Layton and then pointed at the rooftop. ''Do you think your zipline gun can carry the two of us? What we could do is we both go to the rooftop, break in and cause as much havoc as possible while these two sneak in through the emptied front and look for their relatives in the different rooms.'' Vir suggested. ''We'll attract the criminals to our location, sure, but that'll mean rooms will be a bit more empty and allows for the two to sneak around.''

Layton listened to Vir's plan intently, disecting it piece by piece. Listening to her was interesting, the woman was actually a decent strategist. Unfortunately she made a few errors. Ones that Layton would fix in a moment.

"Not bad, not bad at all. Your core idea of two people being a diversion and the other two as an extraction team are great. But there are a few flaws." he paused for a moment as he backed up a few steps, making sure his teammates were paying attention for what he was about to suggest.

"Here's a slightly adjusted version of that plan." he cleared his throat before resuming "All four of us are going to climb to that rooftop and perform some recon, after which we are going to adjust our plan acordingly. After that, you and Nuli-" his word directed at Vir "-are going to cause a diversion. Why? Well, let's just say I'm not suited for that task, and Jane is too small and fragile for something like that.--No offence, of course.-- Both of you are much better suited for destruction and have way better odds of survival. How you execute the diversion is your call. Just make sure you have their full attention." Layton then stopped talking and glanced at the rooftop behind him, then continued "While you work your magic, me and Jane are going to infiltrate the base and cut their source power --if they have one, that is-- which will give us both an advantage since we have means of seeing in the dark. Jane with natural abilities, and me? With NVG goggles. Jane is crucial for identifying the targets, so she has to get to the prisoners no matter what!" he paused to take a breath "Once the targets are secure, we're gonna get the fuck out of dodge and regroup at a designated location." With his plan description finally being over, Layton looked at his team and asked "Sound like a plan?".

Last edited:
"No. You guys are over complicating this and there's no reason to waste time with distractions and infiltration nonsense. The more complicated you make things, the more wrong can happen. For all we know, splitting up could make them pick us off a little bit easier. I'll just prefer to smash the door open, grenade the immediate area and rush in with the element of surprise. If we're quick we'll overwhelm the forces even if they have larger numbers. But since Jane knows them, perhaps she should be the one to decide anyways." She stated and just rubbed the door in front of her. Ice followed where her fingers passed. She was absorbing the heat from it

Jane frowned as she listened to the plans of the others. "I prefer storming in," She said as she looked Nuli. "But, I don't even know the are in there," she said as she stared at the building. "Maybe one of us can stay back and the others slip inside," she asked. "Like as a back up,"

"Storming in it is," Nuli said. She looked at Jane, held her by the waist and placed her a few feet back, "Stay here, activate your sword. Try to block any plasma or laser weaponry from here." She instructed her. Then she looked at the door and took one deep breath. Nuli closed her eyes and touched around the walls, feeling for something. And then...She felt it! Nuli punched a specific area of the wall, and she pulled out some wires from it. The girl then looked to the door and immediately kicked it down with all her strength. Nuli then tossed a smoke grenade and rushed into action. Leaving the other three to decide what they want to do.

The moment his team suggested they storm in, was the momment he had completely lost faith in them. "Good choice kid." he said sarcastically to Jane "Your choice of plan is not only putting your family in incredible danger, but we're also turning this into a massacre!" he said angrily, "For all of that talk about family, you sure don't give much thought for their safety, do you? But I guess there's no going back now." his tone lowered "Let's just try to keep the casualties to a minimum, alright team?"

And with that, he equipped his NVG goggles and got ready to tranquilize the first enemy that came into sight. "Oh, and Jane," he spoke "I hope your sisters make it out of this unharmed, for your sake."

Vir sighed as she gave herself a facepalm. ''Yeah.... Fewer casualties there are, less paperwork is left for the cops.'' She said. ''Where ever the rest of us are....'' She murmured after a moment in a contemplation. She turned her infrared vision eyes on, and then realized it: Nuli had just thrown in a smoke grenade - something that covers the room in a way she can see jackshit. She sighs as she follows along.

After a few casual walking steps Vir proceeded to charge right through the entrance with her gun in her hand as she walked up to the source of the sizzling smoke sound. She does her best as she attempst to kick the grenade away back at the entrance of the building. After that Vir takes a position where she is on one of her knees as she patiently waited for the smoke in front of her eyes to dissipate enough for her to see the heatsignatures of other things. After a while of waiting the spots of bright light emerged and she took a quick aim at them as she tried to use her ammo sparingly at one of the persons by first shooting at their shoulders to disable them before going for the next criminal.

Jane nodded a bit disappointed she was put on wait. Then she pushed the button again and the laser sword appeared in front of her. "I will slice damn to pieces," she said as she held it tightly, standing in a fighting position.

She frowned as she looked up at Layton, "I haven't said anything about throwing in a smoke bomb and let everyone know," she said. "I care more about my family than you know and you better not screw it up," she told him as she looked at him angrily. "I don't really care about what happens with all the rest, they are not officially registered anyway no one would be even missed and I am not planning hanging around here much longer," she continued.

Nuli rushed right into the dust, head-on without fair or worry. Some sounds where heard, in the dust, were grunts, gunshots of all types. When the dust cleared, there was some damage to the walls, and broken weapons and equipment. A few guys were on the ground, knocked out but otherwise perfectly fine. However, some escaped. "Assuming the prison cells are locked electronically, I'll go find a way to turn off the power, come on Layton." She told him.

Layton quickly followed suit, turning off the power now would make the enemy blind. Easily granting them the upper hand in the fight. "We need to look for a Junction box! Destroying that will take out the power!" he told Nuli, still managing to keep up with her.

And with everything happening around him, Layton couldn't help but think: "Damn that little witch! -I have a mind of an adult- my ass! This is the final time I'm getting myself into a gunfight!"

Vir rose up to stand up as she listened to what they said. She then raised a hand. ''Why do we need to turn off the power? I could link myself into their security system at their prison cell and open the cell doors through a terminal that is tied to the doors. I suggest we make a b-line to the cells, open them up, and quickly do a case of shock and awe as we flee this place." Vir suggested.

Jane was supose to stay outside but, she couldn't help peek inside. But, with the smoke pricking in her eyes she had no idea what was going on. She clammed her weapon tightly in her hands, keeping herself from jumping into the smoke with the others. Stay on your post, Jane. As the dust settled she just saw them rush around the corner. They made it.
---
Meanwhile Sophy protectively held Erica in her arms in a corner of one of the cells in the back of the hallway our group was. They shared their cell with at least twenty others. Most of them, girl's but, there were some boys as well from varying species. But all of them looked like they could be human, sort of than.
"What was that?" Erica asked. "Why are they fighting?" she asked as she looked at Sophy.
Sophy wrapped her arms a little tighter around the little girl, "We be fine, I will bet you it is Jane who come to save us," she said.
"You think so?" Erica asked.
Sophy nodded, "I am sure," she said but, truth to be said she doubt it.

"You have 10 minutes to try to unlock the cells before we're shutting power to this entire area. ." Nuli replied immediately, "So I and Layton would attempt to take down as many reinforcements and secure the Junction box. Jane and Vir should be able to free as many people as possible. Arguing and we'll end up dead, just Go!" Nuli hurried them. She had no desire to argue or try to debate, at least not now. There are just too many things that had to be done.

With that said, she looked to Layton again and resumed her journey to find the Junction box. Wherever it would be.

She had a point. They had to focus. If they didn't, things would go to shit even further than they already were. After getting his thoughts and priorities in order, Layton continued to follow Nuli.

"Get ready for trouble, I'm sure we'll cross paths with resistance once we get up there!" Layton spoke in a quick manner. He was beginning to think there would be no way for him to not commit murder. No matter the situation, he had to keep his head clear and focus on what mattered most: Securing the Junction box and getting the hostages out of there.

"Once we make contact with the enemy, make sure to throw another smoke granade and let me deal with them non-lethally." he asked in an almost pleading manner, "Please, just do as I ask." his expression beneath his mask was that of worry and despair.

Back