Vir nodded at the commant Nuli said. Vir got given permission to head for the cells, and this she tried. She tarted running off to a potential direction as she went upstairs on the building. As she was walking up the stairs her eyes looked around as she wasl ooking for people. Her eyes picked up on numerous heat signatures: 4 guards walking at a rather fast pace in a nearby hallway, and a couple of people hunched up close to one another in a hugging embrace. "Bingo." Vir muttered as she made a rush to the door where the cells were located.

Once there Vir started working on unlocking the door to the prison cells. She took a hold of her neck, opening up the small hatch to reveal her cybernetic spine and she pulled out a cord. She then proceeded to place it into the keycode reader as she started doing her best to hack while keeping an eye out for the 4 guards that were running somewhere on this floor, with a set of walls still separating her and the guards.

Jane was still outside with her weapon in hand when a men came up to her. "So what are you doing here?" he asked. "You know you are not supposed to be here, leave"

"No," Jane answered as she stood in front of the door weapon in hand.

"Listen girl, I am not playing, go aside," he repeated but, Jane didn't move an inch.

"Well then, I have warned you," he said, "We be having a deal soon anyway," he added as he leaned in ready to pick her up.

Jane didn't let play with her that easily and swung the sword right in his direction. In her surprise the laser sword went threw the men who fell in front. The men didn't even had time to scream as the life quickly rushed out of him.

In shock Jane did a step back, staring at the body in front of her.

Nuli looked around for a bit, she could certainly feel something that's energetic and radiating. Very exciting. She looked to Layton then looked at a door. "This way to the Junction box, I think." She said to him. The Quark kicked open the door then stepped back to let him go first. So far there wasn't as many resistance as she'll expect. But there were some men down there. Seemingly guarding something.

Assuming that everyone had connected communication. Nuli activated her communicator to speak to both Vir and Jane. "We're about to secure the junction box. How's progress with the prisoners."

Layton quickly rushed past Nuli and into the hallway in front of them. The walls littered with cheap cables and electronics. The junction box was not far away. The hallway ended with a left turn, behind which was god knows what and god knows who. And if there was someone there, then hopefully it would be only a handfull of them. He silently moved through the dust and junk that littered the floor, making sure not to step on any of it. Wouldn't want to dirty his stealth suit, now would he?

Just when he was about to turn the corner, he took out one of his small mirrors to look around the corner. The reflection was crystal clear, and it revealed the position junction box. It was on a wall, at the back of an open room. What made it worse was the fact that it was surrounded by 3 goons. Each one looking like a mafioso reject. They each wore cheap clothing, and over their shirts they wore some kind of armor. Luckily for Layton, it only protected their torso.

He took out his tranquilizer gun and took aim. He had to make each shot count. If he screwed this up, he would lose credibility. He couldn't let that happen. One of the guards was walking around in a circle and the other two were standing there like statues with rifles in their hands. Layton decided that taking down the stationary one was the best option to go with.

With his aim on them and his focus on the crosshair, he emptied his lungs of air and took his chance. He fired his two shots and watched them fall simultaneously, filling him with a sense of accomplishment.

"What the shit!?" the third guard reacted. He looked at his snoring teammates, kicking them and trying to wake them up. Blissfully unaware of what was actually happening. He heard footsteps coming from behind him. He turned around only to be met with a cold, steel fist connecting with his jaw.

The body of the goon fell unconcious on the dirty floor, with Layton standing victorious. He quickly picked up their weapons and quickly unloaded each one. "I found the junction box." he told Nuli through the ear piece "And three of the worst guards I've ever seen."

Last edited:
'YOU GOT MAIL!' said the announcer in Vir's head as someone was calling her on an earpece. She opened her com as she heard the sound of Nuli asking about the progress. "Oh, we're at the door of the prison cells. My eyes show that there is people on the otherside hunched up. Also, Jane just killed a man so typical stuff." She responded as.she continued the hacking. THe connection her brains had to the password pad allowed her to try think up one at a time the potential passwords that could work. In her eyes she saw the different combinations that were used with this pad. She saw a pattern in the passwords, with her seeing one password that was used over and over again: 1973.

"Bingo." Vir said as she took her wire off as she put her cord back in her neck. SHe closed her hatch and then typed in the password. AFter a moment of waiting the pad accepted the password and the door was unlocked. SHe looked at Jane. "Want to say hello to your family?" She asked.

Jane still standing outside of the building. Nuli's voice in her air made the girl jump. In an impulse, she glanced back expecting the girl to stand behind her. As she got met with nothing she realised she was talking to the ear peace they had given her and for a moment she felt very stupid.

Then the earpiece crackled again and Vir's voice came through. As she heard her speak her heart jumped. Without wasting another second she opened the door up and ran through it. Her feet hitting the stone floor underneath her. She jumped over the dead bodies on the floor but, she no longer completely registrated them.

She screamed as someone suddenly grabbed her ankle and pulled it underneath her. Harshly she fell on her hands and knees. Her weapon fell on the ground with a nauseating clatter sound. Behind her, a man laughed but, his laughter soon turned into coughing, "where are you going little girl," the man said.

Jane grinned and zapped electricity through the man's hand, who cursed loudly and pulled back.

Jane grabbed her weapon and jumped back on her feet, "to my family," she said as she ran further into the hallway, "Vir, where are you?" Jane called through her earpiece as she pushed on the button as Nuli had shown her. apparently it was also possible to change channels but, for now she just used the channel everyone was one.

Nuli just walked up to Layton and looked around, "Good job," she said. She looked around for a bit and sighed lightly. Luckily this area had some other devices and computers to help manage power. She walked to one of them and proceeded to go look through some stuff. "Looks like there's a silent alarm reaching out to a private number. We're going to be in a tight situation if we don't leave before reinforcements come." She told Layton immediately.

She sighed lightly and looked at the guards. From the looks of it, there didn't even seem to be some sort of fight. Surely the worse guards ever. Especially for such an important area. But that doesn't matter for now. "Layton, see what you can do with the Junction box. I want to blow this place up once we leave."

Using the data from the wireless communication she made her way back to the entrance and looked around. She had expected that there would be even more resistance or danger. Just something interesting at least.

Layton stared at the junction box, wondering how the hell he was suppose to operate it. Taking a deep breath, he removed the cover of the damn thing and was met with a horrific sight. Cables, cables everywhere. It was a mess. He had never seen anything like it before. Cables strung up in knots and fuses that had mold growing on them. He didn't even know how that was possible, since when does mold grow on electrical equipment? And is that Dorito dust?

He took a step back as an awful stench filled his nostrils. "What the hell do I do here?" he said under his breath. Careful so as to not alert Nuli. She was probably confident he knew what he was doing, but he was clueless. Even if he knew what he needed to do, the revolting sight of the junction box itself was enough to make him throw up.

He decided it would be better to inspect it from a distance, and so he did. There were 8 fuses at the bottom of the box, each one glowing blue, but in the center of the box were probably twenty cables stuck together with ducktape and god knows what else. Midst the dirty cables, a faint flickering light was visible. Layton took a deep breath before coming any closer to investigate. It appeared he would have to pull the cables apart to get to it though. He braced himself for the stench to hit him again. And so it did, but he pressed through. Moving them apart revealed a 8 switches. Each switch was probably connected to one of the fuses.

"Well this can't be too hard, can it?" he thought to himself. And with his metal hand, he flicked all of the switches at once. And poof, darkness.

Last edited:
Vir eyes were glued upon the 4 guards that were walking at the other side of the wall. "4 guards walking on 3rd floor. Sneak in and try to take them down stealthily." She responded in a hushed voice to Jane.

Then the darkness came and Vir stood up. She saw the four guards get startled as they struggled toturn on the lights. She has to use this time. Vir held her gun in her hand as she walked over to the wall separating her from the 4 others, asshe started looking for a way topeek through. After a while of walking along the wall she saw with her eyes that here, in fact, was no wall between her and the 4 guards anymore. The wall had been left to her side and now she , thanks to her eyes, had a sight of the 4 warm spots of guards while they were still getting used to the dark.

Vir took aim and hstarted pulling her trigger to kill in an instant a couple of them before going behind the corner of the wall to cover.

"Third floor," Jane said underneath her breath. As she rushed up the stairs as quickly as she dared. Carefully she placed her feet on the rotten stairs in the hope she won't fall through it. But, even though she was careful she couldn't prevent the stair from squeaking unbearable loud. Her beat in her throat as she continued.

THen just as she climbed the first set of stairs all light suddenly disappeared, leaving her in the dark. The girl froze up, standing still listening to her surroundings carefully.

"Layton? VIr? Nuli?" she whispered through her earpiece to make sure everyone was alright.

As she didn't hear any footsteps from the bandits close she grabbed her torch and turned it on. She made sure to keep the light dime. Just enough for her to see where she was going. She took a deep breath and followed her way to the 3rd floor.

Nuli blinked for a moment, suddenly the visible light was completely gone and she's basically in darkness, wasn't so bad though. She looked over to Layton for a moment. Luckily, she could still detect his heat signature very well. Nuli then listened carefully, hearing Jane from her voice piece. "Hurry and get everyone, we should get back to the ship before any trouble finds us." She said to Jane and everyone in general.

"Layton, you have everything under control?" Nuli asked him. She walked over to the guy and looked at the box. She wasn't impressed by how it looked, and the girl could see how dirty and gross it was. As if someone dumped a bunch of junk food in the wires. She sighed, missing the respect for quality her home had always appreciated.

"Uh, yeah! I guess I do after all." his voice filled with surprise. "I basically switched all of the power off. Including the cells, I hope." Layton said as he swiftly lowered his NVG goggles onto his light deprived eyes. He placed his fingers on his ear and spoke "That was me turning off the light, no need to panic. The doors to the cells should be open now. But keep an eye out for hostiles. If you can, that is." he finished.

He turned his gaze twards Nuli "Good thing we can see in the dark, am I right?" he chuckled. "Now c'mon. We should catch up with the others and get the hell out of here. I'm starting to get hungry." he spoke in a relaxed tone. Still under the impression they were just about done with the mission. "Y'know, I still have that bottle of wine I took from that bar we were at before." he struggled to remmember the name of the establishment "You interested in sharing it?" the words came out a little starnge as they moved through the hallway.

Shot after shot Vir emptied her clip at the guards. After a burst of screams the floor had gone silent again. She looked around to see where Jane was. She had just entered 3rd floor. "I'm here at the door, Jane. You're almost here." She responded to Jane with her earpiece as she looked at Jane in the darkness, with her heatvision giving her a sense of sight in the darkness as she sees the bright spot of heat that Jane is producing move. "Turn to the right, open an unlocked door and I and the cells are to the left."

Jane fastened her pace, moving along more confident as Layton confirmed that he was the one turning off the light. She nodded as Vir gave her instructions where she was. As she did she realised that of course, she couldn't see her. "I am coming," she said in her earpiece.
Then she made her way through the hallways her weapon ready to attack the men Vir was talking about earlier. But, as she walked into the hallway she noticed that the men were already on the ground.
She rushed the direction of Vir as quick as she could but, her feet got stuck behind one of the bodies on the ground. As she smacked through the ground the flashlight got thrown out of her hands, causing the light to flutter around the room. The sound of the flashlight hitting the floor gaming through the hallway.

Quickly Jane scattered back to her feet as she jumped for the flashlight. A little ashamed she got back on her feet and walked in the direction of Vir a little more careful this time. "You found them?" she asked as she glanced over at the door next Vir. "Is that where they held the people they kidnapped?" she asked as she opened up the door. As she did she end up in a little hallway with three more doors.

----
Sophy pulled Erica closer as the lights fall out, some started crying some screamed. Sophy stared right at the door of their cell as she claimed her sister against her chest. "We be ok," she repeated over and over, "We be ok."

"Well, I'm allergic to alcohol actually, but we can relax after this. Come one." Nuli said to Layton. She then proceeded to begin walking to where everyone else was. To be honest, she was taking her time, not running and not hurry. There's no need. She just sighed a little bit and took some deep breaths. Eventually making her way to where all of the cages were. Quite a lot of imprisoned people around here. The smell was horrible. But manageable to her. "Hurry and get everyone out. No time for reunion talks and moments, this isn't a movie." She said, especially to Jane.

"Layton, prepare the ship. I want us to get out of here as quickly as possible. The ship has a computer that can run you through the details of running it. Go." She said to him immediately.

Layton gave a nod and proceeded to make his way back towards their ship. As he ran through the dirty hallways of the mob hideout, he couldn't help but feel like this whole scenario wasn't over. Like there was one piece left. But he pushed that thought away for the time being and focused his attention on getting on the ship. Not to mention that he was amazed that after all that has happened, he keeps getting placed in situation he has never been in before.

After finally exiting the hideout, he could see the ships silhouette. The closer he got, the more he felt like it needed a fresh coat of paint. Then again, it wasn't his ship to begin with.

"Man, I should get one for myself." he commented before stepping onto the ship. He made his way towards it's main console - near the cockpit. Looking at it, he couldn't figure out what to do next.

But much to his surprise, the console lit up and a white text appeared on the screen "Welcome back pilot."

"Oh yeah, she mentioned it would have a guidance system..." he deadpanned "Alright ship, I need you to fly to Nuli's location." he spoke, uncertain if he gave a valid command. Mostly counting on the chance that she had some sort of device that linked her to the ship in some way.

"Processing... Valid command recieved. Dispatching to target destination." the screen lit up once more.

"Well that was easy." Layton spoke, wiping the sweat from his brow. "Nuli, it worked! Ariving to your location now!".

Vir looked at Jane."Yes, I think so. For the hwole time I've been here the people there appeared to be crouched down and hugging one another - holding each other tight. Their pose gives me the vibes that they are prisoners and not guards." Vir explained to Jane. After waiting for a while Vir walked up to the door as she proceeded to open it herself. The door creaked a ghastly sound as it hadn't been oiled in years now. Vir stayed where she was, motioning at the dark room. "Go on, pop in and grab your family and let's go." Vir said at Jane.

Jane didn't waste a second and stormed into the prison cell looking for her sisters, shinning her flashlight over the prisoners. As she did some people immediately stormed through the door outside but, most of them remained huddled on the floor in the dark. Too weakened to stand up or simply too scared to move. The message that they were free not completely getting through to them.

Erica and sophy
"Jane," Erica called out as she spotted her first. Sophy narrowed her eyes as she struggled to see the face of the girl holding the flashlight. Her voice sound like her sister but, she wasn't sure. Jane had disappeared there was no way she could be it.
"Be careful," Sophy whispered to her sister as she pulled her close to her preventing her from getting trembled over or hurt.

Jane
"Erica, Sophy," Jane called out as she ran into their arms. "Jane, but, how? is that really you?" Sophy studdered.

"Yes, come quick we don't have a lot of time," Jane said as she pulled them to their feet. She put away her sword clamping Sophie's hand in one hand and the flashlight in the other. Sophy on her turn tightly held on to Erica. It was a risk to put her sword away but, she didn't had much choice. As she drag the two out of the cell. Multiple others ran outside as well dragging others with them. but, still some people where left behind to wounded to walk.

Suddenly Erica stopped. "We need to take them aswell," she said, "We can't leave them behind."

Jane nodded and glanced at the other, in the cell. "Come quickly please, help along the others as well," but most people ignored her continuing on getting themself into safety.

Nuli looked at the time, "Alright Layton, make sure the ship's open we're about to free everyone." She said to him via the communication device. She walked up to Vir and looked around for a bit more. Everything's rather quiet. "I expected much more resistance honestly," she would comment rather plainly. So far, security was easy to deal with and there doesn't seem to be any indication of resistance arriving. She just sighed again.

The fact that most people seemed to be very tiny meant that a lot of them should be able to squeeze in the ship. But then, Nuli has the feeling she needs to really sanitize her ship after the rescue. "Jane, hurry up, faster we're done with this the better." She said to her, "Where's this guy you had to pay though? He doesn't seem to be here."

"Copy that!" Layton replied to the purple alien. Quickly coming to the realiztion that he has no idea how to do that. The ship was getting very close, and he needed to be quick. He frantically searched for the right button, command or whatever it was.

Taking a deap breath, his eyes hovered over a small list of commands named "OPEN", with numbers from 1 to 10 next to each of the repeating commands. One of these commands had to open the main hatch, there was no doubt about it. But which one? The first command labeled "1. OPEN" had to be the correct one. And so, with the tip of his finger - he tapped on the first command. He waited but the hatch didn't open. Instead the ship's computer spoke.

"-Septic tank: Emptied-"

"Oops..." Layton wispered. Feeling bad for whoever just had their roof redecorated. Pushing the thought aside, he hit the second option. And as soon as he did, all of the drawers shot open, with a couple of supplies going flying as well. "Nuli's going to kill me if I screw up again." and with that, he decided to hit the final option on the list. Just before he pressed the final option, what he hoped not to be his last words escaped his mouth "Please, let it be the main hatch.". And as if a higher power had just heard him, the main hatch flew open, giving his team a perfect enterance.

A moment later and the was hovering just above his team, he could also see the circus of midgets they had brought with them. "Nice job bringing your whole family tree, are we going back in for seconds or is that all of them? Either way, weree shoving them all into the storage room, no debate." he laughed, yet his voice showed no sarcasm.

Back