"I don't know about the others,..." Layton grunted out as he stood up for the first time in 3 days "But you can count me in." he said as he looked at the hologram with disturbing interest. "But I have demands that have to be met!" he stated "While I know that I am in no position to negotiate, I am nothing if not reasonable." he put his index finger on his palm and stared at the man with determined eyes "I want my belongings back, and my gear repaired, not to mention that I also need proper medical treatment, and so do my cellmates." he said as he pointed to Nuli, who to him looked like corpse.

"I believe that's reasonable enough." he cracked a small smile "I'm also pretty sure that my cellmates would also like to make some reasonable requests?" he asked as he looked back at the others?

Jane glanced at the hologram barely believing what he had just said. They stole from them and they offered them a job, a well-paid job that is. That by far is the strangest way of getting a job. Sure it would be dangerous and they might need to break several laws but, after all, she got in this situation by a similar job. She jumped up, "count me in too," she said.

As the man started talking about demands she held in her breath staring at the man. This wasn't really the moment to come and ask for requests. But, she would want to have her battery back. She shook her head, as the man looked in their direction. Breathless she stared at the hologram waitin on his reaction.

Sat did Vir as she listened with clear intent to what was said. ''...Only 40 millions? I have a gut feeling that what you are going to do is give us four suicide missions that you pay us 10 million for each, and then we have to give this money back to you to pay back our debt. Is that what you had in mind? Using us as your potential assassins for bloodiest of the dirty work?'' Vir asked as she sat there. She looked at the hologram the whole time.

"I see you're a very wise group of people. Very well, in trade for your demands, you would be doing suicidal jobs to earn back money from your debt. Jobs that aren't something the police are willing to partake in." It sounds illegal, and to be fair it is extremely illegal. But money is a bit more important than the actual rule of law in these parts. So it's either suicidal missions or long prison sentences. Whatever would be chosen. "Now if you agree, I'll quickly arrange for a contract to be signed by all four of you."

While he was trying to seem somewhat professional, deep inside, Layton felt like a child in a candy store. Except the candy was actually more opportunities to develop his skill and possibly a few other things in the process.

"I accept!" he said with pride in his voice, as if he was accepting a impossible challenge. And depending on how you look at it, he was. "But I have a question." he paused and turned to look at Nuli "What about her?" he asked "She hasn't moved an inch since we arrived, I don't know weather she is dead or not." he said in a puzzled and concerned voice.

Jane nodded willingly. Nothing much had changed she just had to do another dangerous job for another nontrustable figure. Only real change was that she now had to work togheter and in all honestly she trusted the those people even less.

"Maybe she is just sleeping? She doesn't smell dead," she said as she walked over to the purple girl in the bed and shook her carefully. After all it was partially her fault she was in this state. The girl didnt look like she was breathing but, she wasnt sure her race did that in the first place.

Vir nods.''Very well. I accept.'' She said as she looked at Layton talking about the other girl. ''Just throw her off the bed. If she does not wake up to the pain then she is deadweight and propably in a coma. We can leave her behind then.'' She said.''Have you even checked her pulse?''

"Oh, apparently we've never seen that species before. We have no idea what's wrong. For all we know, she could be completely dead." The person said in such a casual tone. The hologram person didn't seem to care, three might be able to do the jobs just as easily after all.

Oh, at that moment, Nuli groaned. The newly awaken Quark rolled off the bed and unto the ground. Even so, she didn't quite look as purple as she used to, a little bit on the lightly greyer area. She shivered a bit, despite the temperature being relatively average for humans. "Who do I sue for medical neglect?" Nuli asked, shivering a bit more. Those were her very first words.

"Sue!?" The guy asked, "I'm contacting a lawyer." And, he went offline

Layton let out a short laugh and a sigh of relief. "Don't worry, we'll all get the medical attention we need." he said as he approached. " 'What did I miss?' you may ask. Well, to give you the short version, all four of us were offered a deal we couldn't refuse."

He crouched down to her eye level and said "Weather we like it or not, were partners, all four of us." he said the last part as he glanced at the others. He then turned around and faced the other two cellmates "And I think we could start this off by getting to know each other."

Jane jumped backwards when the girl suddenly came bak to life. She had't really expected her actually wake up after all. The girl widened her eyes as the girl was treatening to sue someone. Apparantly they were all thinking they were guests or something.

The girl nodded, "I am Jane," she said as to introduce herself. "And who are you guys?" she asked glancing up at the others as to pry the information from their minds.

''Vir. I will most likely be the one giving the last bullet to each of your heads when we stop being partners and I end up being let loose to continue my cleansing of this crime-infested station.'' She introduced herself. ''As long as we're all in-debt I won't kill you. How does that sound? Sounds like the best type of friendship we have going on - one made out of necessity and with tension.'' She said as she tilted her head, eyeing others.

"Wait, what was that? Sorry I wasn't listening." The now pale alien said as she finally stood up, she yawned still shivering a bit while the looked around. The alien noticed the tray of food on the floor. She picked up the floor and looked at it. She immediately proceeded to eat the cheap meat and vegetables though she didn't seem very impressed by it. So the girl took the trey and just took a big bite out of it. She chewed the plastic trey and swallowed. "Ugh, old people food. But a good source of carbon and hydrogen" she sighed, taking another bite of the plastic trey, chewing it slowly. She just casually ate the plastic as if it was nothing."

She was starting to feel just a little bit better, but she remained pale. "So we're going to be working together as a team or something?" She asked, "I don't know, at least one of you is completely insane." She commented, having another bite of the plastic.

Layton let out a nervous chuckle as he observed Nuli devour the plastic. "Anyway;" he said as he looked away "I think introductions are in order." he pointed out. He wasn't sure if this was a smart move.

"I, am Layton Mccal. A professional thief, and master of stealth!" he said the last part somewhat ironically. "And who might you be?" he asked the little girl named Jane.

"Well thank you for the warning," Jane blurred out, as the woman started threatening them. Immediately sorry for her words. Right at that time, the weird alien girl started devouring her food and the plate. The girl looked at her a little worried. She sure must be hungry, even she never been that hungry that she started to eat plastic. That couldn't be very healthy whatever race she was.

"Yes, we need to do a mission, get a lot of money and get set free, that is if we don't get killed first," Jane answered the weird alien.

"I am Jane, I ..." she started thinking about the best way to introduce herself without giving away to much information. "I am Alurrian, a moongirl as most would say," she answered.

Vir nodded as she listened to the others stories.''Alroightie. That's introductions done fair and square. What now comes is how we'll make the money.'' She said, thinking. ''We could raid some druglord's HQ, take hte drugs and sell it off or maybe even kidnap someone of high value for ransom.'' Vir suggested as she sat there.

"Ahh. I'm not going to kidnap someone for ransom, sounds like a quick way to a maximum-security prison. And I'm sure their food is of low quality. I don't want to keep eating bland plastic." Nuli said she continued to take very large bites, swallowing the trey until it was all gone. Then she reached for another one.

The rich guy in the hologram returned, this time with his lawyer to supervise things. He doesn't like lawsuits to be completely honest. "Listen up. We got a broken Argon Cube from your little robbery. I want another one. There's an ancient temple on an ice planet. Go find at least one of them and try to bring it back without it exploding." He started immediately.

"Alright, but remember our deal. You'll fix us and get us ready. Not to mention, get us to the fucking planet itself!" Layton stated. Things were going surprisingly well, so far. He couldn't wait to get back to stealing, and this time; from an ancient tomb. He was beginning to feel like a character in a adventure movie.

Things were getting exciting again.

Jane glanced angrily at both the alien girl and the other man. She always thought she was impulsive but, if they don't shut up very fast they were going to get them killed. Then she looked back at the man nodding intrigued. So they have to get that damn artefact again, apparently, it was important. She didn't really care as long it would help her family. "When do we start?" she blurred out loudly in the hope the man would ignore the rude actions of the other ones.

Vir nods as she listened. ''So we're going for a little tomb raiding, eh?'' She said as she stood up. ''I guess I am ready for this task. Do we get our equipment back at some stage or will you give us a new set of weaponry? Or did you plan on sending us to the temple unarmed?'' She asked. ''Also, anything more we need to know about the temple's layout, like are there traps or the sort?''

TIME SKIP

Well, all the answers were answered within the coming week when everyone was headed to the planet. The Commerce Partnership had allowed Liang to use her ship to carry everyone and they all got their stuff back. Liang got her plasma sword, for instance, Vir and Layton got their weapons and gare and Jane also got her stuff. The Partnership also provided some things for the little groups, in particular, high tec coats in order to keep them warm and some helmets to breathe because the atmosphere is so thin. Apparently, this planet is frozen, extremely cold.

When Liang flew the ship to the planet, she noticed that it looked like a giant ball of ice, much of the atmosphere was frozen on the surface. Leaving a thin sheet of pure helium and hydrogen just above the ice. "This planet has an oval orbit around its star, currently it has 200 years of complete freezing winter and 200 years of summer," Liang told everyone, she was reading off the information given. "There are thousands of structures designed to withstand the freezing cold, and one of them has what we need."

Back